Author Topic: Trump v. Biden 2020  (Read 36939 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Trump v. Biden 2020
« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2020, 03:57:58 PM »
Funniest comment I saw after Biden announced Kamala Harris as his VP choice:  "heels up." 

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #126 on: August 11, 2020, 04:58:05 PM »
LMAO

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2020, 05:07:12 PM »
Awkward.

Kamala Harris On Joe Biden Accusers: ‘I Believe Them’
The presidential hopeful weighed in on the recent allegations of inappropriate touching against the former vice president.
headshot
By Alanna Vagianos
POLITICS 04/03/2019 03:24 pm ET Updated Apr 04, 2019

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/kamala-harris-joe-biden-accusers-i-believe-them_n_5ca4fb96e4b094d3f5c5750f?fbclid=IwAR3gi7iRq5bSBm0_qVry0GJtj_MXeshmtLgjtknfKi2zPhNC-Nr3HiFefu8

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #128 on: August 11, 2020, 05:08:06 PM »
Awkward.

The presidential hopeful weighed in on the recent allegations of inappropriate touching against the former vice president.
headshot
By Alanna Vagianos

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/kamala-harris-joe-biden-accusers-i-believe-them_n_5ca4fb96e4b094d3f5c5750f?fbclid=IwAR3gi7iRq5bSBm0_qVry0GJtj_MXeshmtLgjtknfKi2zPhNC-Nr3HiFefu8

If he wins, she’ll force him into retirement.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2020, 12:11:38 PM »
Awkward.

Why? Does anyone NOT believe that Biden touches people inappropriately? It seems like standard operating procedure for old dottering creepers from whatever century he's from. He sniffs people's hair on camera but the "scandal" is that CopLover Harris believes the accusers? ???

headshot
By Alanna Vagianos

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: August 12, 2020, 05:35:34 PM »
Why? Does anyone NOT believe that Biden touches people inappropriately? It seems like standard operating procedure for old dottering creepers from whatever century he's from. He sniffs people's hair on camera but the "scandal" is that CopLover Harris believes the accusers? ???

Chuck Schumer:  “Now I’ve heard Joe Biden’s explanation. I think it’s sufficient,” Schumer continued. “I think he will be a great candidate. I think he will be a great president. And I think he will help us take back the Senate.”
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/12/chuck-schumer-joe-biden-tara-reade-allegation-251939

Don't you think she should explain how she is serving as the running mate for someone she believes is a serial sexual harasser/abuser of women?

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: August 12, 2020, 07:52:17 PM »
Chuck Schumer:  “Now I’ve heard Joe Biden’s explanation. I think it’s sufficient,” Schumer continued. “I think he will be a great candidate. I think he will be a great president. And I think he will help us take back the Senate.”
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/12/chuck-schumer-joe-biden-tara-reade-allegation-251939

Don't you think she should explain how she is serving as the running mate for someone she believes is a serial sexual harasser/abuser of women?

I think it's obvious how: she's got no principles, is thirty for power and suffers from the same delusion that anyone running for the office of the President suffers from: terminal narcissism.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: August 14, 2020, 08:44:20 PM »
I think it's obvious how: she's got no principles, is thirty for power and suffers from the same delusion that anyone running for the office of the President suffers from: terminal narcissism.

I agree she has no principles.  Been talking to some Democrats about how Harris lacks authenticity.  I think that's why she only got 844 votes in cacuses/primaries.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: August 14, 2020, 08:46:43 PM »
I hate "anonymous" sources, but if true, doesn't bode well for Biden.

Tensions linger between Biden and Obama camps throughout 2020 primary campaign: report
“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f--k things up,” one Democrat who spoke to the former president recalled him saying
By Morgan Phillips | Fox News

Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com.

Despite the best-friend bond Joe Biden touts with former President Obama, tensions have lingered between the two statesmen over their vastly different governing styles, according to a Politico report.

To start, a number of anonymously sourced quotes from Obama leaked out throughout the 2020 Biden campaign where the former president allegedly expressed doubts about his former running mates’ fitness for office.

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f--k things up,” one Democrat who spoke to the former president recalled him saying.

When lamenting his own diminishing relationship with the current Democratic electorate, particularly in Iowa, Obama reportedly told one 2020 candidate: “And you know who really doesn’t have it? Joe Biden.”

Some Biden aides pointed out that, when Obama’s endorsement of Biden in 2020 finally did arrive, it didn’t have nearly the energy of his endorsement of Hillary Clinton in 2016.

“I don’t think there’s ever been someone so qualified to hold this office,” Obama said of Clinton in 2016 in an endorsement video. “I believe Joe has all of the qualities we need in a president right now … and I know he will surround himself with good people,” Obama said in Biden’s endorsement video.

HILLARY CLINTON SUGGESTS SHE'S WILLING TO SERVE IN BIDEN ADMINISTRATION

And while some senior Democrats credited Biden’s ties to Obama for his strong relationship with Black voters, Biden has emphasized that he earned their votes all on his own. He told aides after his South Carolina primary win Obama hadn’t “lifted a finger” to help him.

Going back to 2016 when Obama glossed over Biden for Clinton when he expressed interest in a presidential run, Obama aides tried to frame the president’s snub as an act of compassion: Biden-- grieving the loss of his son Beau in 2015 -- would not be mentally equipped to handle a campaign.

“But numerous administration veterans, including loyalists to both Obama and Biden, remember it differently: Obama had begun embracing Clinton as a possible successor years before Biden lost his son, while the vice president was laying the groundwork for his own campaign,” the Politico report read.

Obama “had been subtly weighing in against,” Biden himself recalled in Promise Me, Dad, his 2017 book.

“I also believe he had concluded that Hillary Clinton was almost certain to be the nominee, which was good by him,” Biden wrote.

BIDEN, OBAMA TARGET TRUMP IN SIT-DOWN

But many credit their differences in leadership style for any perceived tension. Biden loyalists and some Republicans found the formal, scholarly statesman Obama  had a hard time connecting with those in Congress.

“Negotiating with President Obama was all about the fact that he felt that he knew the world better than you,” said Eric Cantor, the Republican House majority leader from 2011 to 2014. “And he felt that he thought about it so much, that he figured it all out, and no matter what conclusion you had come to with the same set of facts, his way was right.” Biden, he said, understood that “you’re gonna have to agree to disagree about some things.”

A former Republican leadership described Obama’s style as “mansplaining, basically.”

Meanwhile, Obama’s camp reportedly rolled their eyes at the plainspoken, gaffe-prone Biden.

“You could certainly see technocratic eye-rolling at times,” said Jen Psaki, the former White House communications director.

White House aides reportedly mocked Biden’s frequent slipups and lack of discipline next to “almost clerical” Obama.

CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APP

They would sneer at how Biden, “like an elderly uncle at Thanksgiving,” would launch into anecdotes everyone in the room had heard before.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-obama-tensions-2020-primary

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: August 14, 2020, 09:32:39 PM »
I agree she has no principles.  Been talking to some Democrats about how Harris lacks authenticity.  I think that's why she only got 844 votes in cacuses/primaries.

Wait what? She only got a total of 844 votes? What the hell?! The “Rent is too damn high” guy got more!

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #135 on: August 14, 2020, 10:13:45 PM »
If the Democrats believed the polls they wouldn't be scrambling to paint Kamala Harris as a moderate.

She's not even a viable candidate for a small town city council

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2020, 12:23:13 AM »
General Election: Trump vs. Biden   FOX News   Biden 49, Trump 42   Biden +7

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: August 18, 2020, 09:53:17 PM »
General Election: Trump vs. Biden   FOX News   Biden 49, Trump 42   Biden +7

4 years ago that would have meant something. Trump is an anomaly.  Polls are worthless with him.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2020, 05:39:26 AM »
Watching Clinton last night, I thought he was in his 80s. I looked him up and he’s only 74. Same with Biden. These Dem pols don’t age well.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: August 21, 2020, 08:17:53 PM »
Did Biden get a post-convention bump in the polls? 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2020, 08:22:45 AM »
4 years ago that would have meant something. Trump is an anomaly.  Polls are worthless with him.
They were worthless 4 years ago too.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #141 on: August 23, 2020, 12:49:44 PM »
 :o

Trump's sister criticizes her brother in secretly recorded audio

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: August 23, 2020, 01:50:28 PM »
:o

Trump's sister criticizes her brother in secretly recorded audio

the base doesn't care because Donald was sent by God as the chosen one.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: August 23, 2020, 03:09:07 PM »
If the Democrats believed the polls they wouldn't be scrambling to paint Kamala Harris as a moderate.

She's not even a viable candidate for a small town city council

I guess all those years as a prosecutor, DA and AG of Cal or being a US senator ,don't count?

Disagree with her on policy and claim she's too liberal, etc. That's a legit debate and traditional part of political debate.
But trying to attack her on lack of experience or qualifications, won't gain traction outside of Trump world.

It's like  saying ARNOLD's biceps are too small to be Mr Olympia  :o

C'mon Walt, saying Kamala lacks the background for office is like dems saying VP Pence doesn't know the bible.

FYI, even after the corona debacle , Trump still has the edge on Biden on handling the economy.
If team Trump kept the focus on the economy and conservative social issues ( like pro life) he might be able to close the poll gap.

I'll watch the GOP convention with an objective attitude, so we'll see if they promote a more inclusive, optimistic agenda.
Trump won't win as the incumbant by saying things suck now, *UNDER HIS WATCH.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2020, 04:52:39 PM »
Harris only got the nod because she was the best of a horrible bunch as a result of Biden boxing himself in by limiting his choices to dark skinned women.  Harris has some name value, and is somewhat telegenic. However, she was miserable failure as a candidate, having the worst performance of any of those in the Democratic primary. No reason to think anybody’s gonna find her more attractive in the general election. Moreover, she might have the worst speaking voice in the history of politics, the annoying whine is simply unlistenable.

In 2016, I predicted HERE that Trump would get 310 electoral votes. He got 306. This time around with the benefit of party support, superior funding, an inferior opponent, and the advantage of being the incumbent, I predict 330.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: August 23, 2020, 07:12:53 PM »
Harris only got the nod because she was the best of a horrible bunch as a result of Biden boxing himself in by limiting his choices to dark skinned women.  Harris has some name value, and is somewhat telegenic. However, she was miserable failure as a candidate, having the worst performance of any of those in the Democratic primary. No reason to think anybody’s gonna find her more attractive in the general election. Moreover, she might have the worst speaking voice in the history of politics, the annoying whine is simply unlistenable.

In 2016, I predicted HERE that Trump would get 310 electoral votes. He got 306. This time around with the benefit of party support, superior funding, an inferior opponent, and the advantage of being the incumbent, I predict 330.

Bold prediction.  How do you envision Trump gaining 24 electoral votes?  Assuming you're giving Trump all of the states that he won before and (say) he picks up MN (10) ... where are you optimistic about finding 14 more electoral votes?  VA (13) + ME (1)? or CO (9) + NM (5)? or Trump loses MN but wins VA (13) + NV (6) + NM (5)? 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2020, 08:28:12 PM »
There is a hush over normal working/tax paying people...just in waiting ready to vote away the anti-American left. Landslide.

People aren't buying what the free shit army is selling, they are smarter than that. Seriously, look at your geriatric wet noodle candidate who stands only for what enriched him or kept him in power - worst and weakest POTUS candidate in modern times.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2020, 02:04:04 AM »
Bold prediction.  How do you envision Trump gaining 24 electoral votes?  Assuming you're giving Trump all of the states that he won before and (say) he picks up MN (10) ... where are you optimistic about finding 14 more electoral votes?  VA (13) + ME (1)? or CO (9) + NM (5)? or Trump loses MN but wins VA (13) + NV (6) + NM (5)?

Good post. I just don’t see Biden, playing prevent defense, turning any state Hillary lost in 2016. Here’s where I see Trump gaining. I would add Maine and New Mexico as possibilities and maybe Virginia, although that state has a lot of government workers who reflexively vote Dem. I would throw in NY & NJ as longshots but not impossible:

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2020, 10:22:24 AM »
I think I posted this already, but cannot recall if it was in this thread.

Political scientist predicts 'landslide' win for President Trump in 2020 election
by CBS Austin StaffMonday, August 24th 2020
https://kmph.com/news/nation-world/political-scientist-predicts-landslide-win-for-president-trump-in-2020-election?fbclid=IwAR2SJxDJPORf1aTMeXJHrGjUHKRrlyJD-wgPNXDXy1VaTpFBupRydgHFKB8

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2020, 10:45:42 AM »
I think I posted this already, but cannot recall if it was in this thread.

Political scientist predicts 'landslide' win for President Trump in 2020 election
by CBS Austin StaffMonday, August 24th 2020
https://kmph.com/news/nation-world/political-scientist-predicts-landslide-win-for-president-trump-in-2020-election?fbclid=IwAR2SJxDJPORf1aTMeXJHrGjUHKRrlyJD-wgPNXDXy1VaTpFBupRydgHFKB8

LOL - THE TRAITOR didn't even get a "landslide" the first time

I wonder what THE TRAITOR thinks about "political science" ?