Author Topic: Price of gym equipment rockets as Gyms remain closed in the UK!  (Read 3611 times)

Twds01

• Getbig II
Price is a bit cheeky!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Price of gym equipment rockets as Gyms remain closed in the UK!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 05:34:48 AM »
Same is happening in the US. Two 25lbs dumbbells in Walmart go for nearly $200 dollars. Most of the exercise equipment is being made in China and now we have to pay the price for giving away our manufacturing.

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 07:42:19 AM »
I bought a dozen cinderblocks a 1inch black pipe and some bags of cement. I see bowflex 45lb adjustable dumbells selling fir over a grand. Fuck that noise.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 08:37:56 AM »
Same is happening in the US. Two 25lbs dumbbells in Walmart go for nearly $200 dollars. Most of the exercise equipment is being made in China and now we have to pay the price for giving away our manufacturing.

Walmart had all their cap rubber hex dumbbells up to 50lbs for $1 a pound the other day.
Y

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 08:51:13 AM »

Yep. I'll be interested to see how this plays out- do we have to wait to go back to buying more Chinese weights eventually or does someone in the USA start selling at the very least a mid-priced weight set made in North America. I know you can get some USA made stuff now but it is high end.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 08:55:24 AM »
Yep. I'll be interested to see how this plays out- do we have to wait to go back to buying more Chinese weights eventually or does someone in the USA start selling at the very least a mid-priced weight set made in North America. I know you can get some USA made stuff now but it is high end.

Adding to my home gym has been a hobby of mine for 5 years, so I'm on the marketplace, deal sites, etc daily.

There are still deals to be had, and those who are price gouging don't seem to be moving their product at all anymore.
Y

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 08:58:49 AM »
Price is a bit cheeky!

I know...making a killing off that and medical supplies
A

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 09:00:40 AM »
Adding to my home gym has been a hobby of mine for 5 years, so I'm on the marketplace, deal sites, etc daily.

There are still deals to be had, and those who are price gouging don't seem to be moving their product at all anymore.

Good to know! I have been looking for a simple 2 x 50 pound set of adjustable dumbbells and gave up when I saw them for $400

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 09:03:09 AM »
Good to know! I have been looking for a simple 2 x 50 pound set of adjustable dumbbells and gave up when I saw them for $400

What brand do you want?

Adjustable DB were the most overpriced item during the pandeminc.
Y

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 10:49:15 AM »
Walmart had all their cap rubber hex dumbbells up to 50lbs for $1 a pound the other day.

I find that hard to believe because I checked their site yesterday and two 25lbs dumbbells were something like $190.  Checked today and the same cap rubber hex pair is $89. What the fuck?  Drastic drop.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 11:04:53 AM »
What brand do you want?

Adjustable DB were the most overpriced item during the pandeminc.

Brand doesn't matter- just want to do stuff like laterals and flyes.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 12:38:51 PM »
I just got this  yesterday on marketplace for $600, great deal ,  it looks brand new ,I'm pretty sure the guy never used it , he looked like absolute shit .

https://www.fitnessedgeonline.com/Body-Solid-G9S-Selectorized-Home-Gym-p/g9s.htm

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2020, 01:48:27 PM »
A lot of gym gear ends in local councils household collections ................relocate to Aussie & get free dumbells  :D

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2020, 01:50:20 PM »

Don't U have free outdoor gyms .............

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2020, 06:07:53 PM »
I just got this  yesterday on marketplace for $600, great deal ,  it looks brand new ,I'm pretty sure the guy never used it , he looked like absolute shit .

https://www.fitnessedgeonline.com/Body-Solid-G9S-Selectorized-Home-Gym-p/g9s.htm

;D

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2020, 06:21:30 PM »

Holy shit.   I sold those new for about 4500 with about 200 bucks curbside freight.   You really got a steal on that.
A

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2020, 06:36:00 PM »
Cap Barbell is huge, one of the big problems they had is that many of their warehouses are in heavily locked down states, now everything is loosening up. Titan is shipping a decent amount of things now pretty regularly, and the lead times are dropping. The super high end like Eleiko only had minimal problems the whole time, etc....

The second hand gym equipment boom probably only has about another month or so of craziness in it.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2020, 07:02:16 PM »

Holy shit.   I sold those new for about 4500 with about 200 bucks curbside freight.   You really got a steal on that.

I know , great machine , I didn't need it, but for that price, I couldn't pass it up ,now I have to make room for it so I'm selling my old Bodysolid for $300

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2020, 07:21:16 PM »
I know , great machine , I didn't need it, but for that price, I couldn't pass it up ,now I have to make room for it so I'm selling my old Bodysolid for $300
At my ex house I had same machine Che you are trying to get rid of it’s was nice I miss it

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2020, 07:39:58 PM »
At my ex house I had same machine Che you are trying to get rid of it’s was nice I miss it
yeah ,I love it  , the new one is  a little bit better ,I just talked to a coworker he's buying it tomorrow ,good deal

mac33

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2020, 11:20:08 PM »
Easier to go to a machine shop, order what you need, have it welded and have an equipment that will last you a lifetime.

Or just buy a grinder, cheap stick welder, learn to weld a bit and try to build something useful for yourself.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2020, 03:35:48 AM »
Sears is going out business got 2 50 lb plates 100.00

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2020, 04:49:11 AM »

great gym Che 8)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2020, 05:18:26 AM »
Easier to go to a machine shop, order what you need, have it welded and have an equipment that will last you a lifetime.

Or just buy a grinder, cheap stick welder, learn to weld a bit and try to build something useful for yourself.

Don't recommend DIY. You will find that decent Chinese equipment costs less than what you will pay for materials!

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2020, 09:50:28 AM »
great gym Che 8)

Thank you Body-Buildah ,one of the best poster on Getbig