Author Topic: How many of you train a bodypart more than once a week?  (Read 10083 times)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: How many of you train a bodypart more than once a week?
« Reply #125 on: July 17, 2020, 10:54:59 AM »

Yes.....This is pretty much my experience also. No more lean muscle after about 2-3 years of training. Lottsa guys put on tons of bodyweight and thinks it's mostly muscle but they are kidding themselves. I'll never forget one 300 lb juiced bodybuilder who worked at Golds and decided to enter the Mr San Diego, he went down and down in bodyweight and on contest night he was still smooth and overweight at 210 lbs.   Most people are not objective.
Nick from Youtube's Nicks' Strength & Power made a video of him training for a natural contest.  He started at 220 and planned on dropping to 190 to compete.  By the time he got down to the bodyfat % he wanted to compete he weighed 147. :(

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2020, 11:16:30 AM »
I can't believe I totally fell for the whole "one gram of protein per pound of body weight." I eat 1-2x per day and have not lost any size.  What a scam. All the money I spent on protein shakes to get "all of my protein." One of the biggest scams on the market.
X

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2020, 11:18:27 AM »
I can't believe I totally fell for the whole "one gram of protein per pound of body weight." I eat 1-2x per day and have not lost any size.  What a scam. All the money I spent on protein shakes to get "all of my protein." One of the biggest scams on the market.
And protein powder is very cheap to make.  The markup is huge so easy money for supp companies.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2020, 11:20:49 AM »
[/quote
Agree mate it’s been long time since made any effort whatsoever regarding protein intake

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2020, 11:22:39 AM »
And protein powder is very cheap to make.  The markup is huge so easy money for supp companies.

Yeah, a tub of protein probably makes a few bucks to make and it gets marked up from anywhere to 30-100 a tub.
X

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2020, 11:24:07 AM »
Yeah, a tub of protein probably makes a few bucks to make and it gets marked up from anywhere to 30-100 a tub.
Hamburger and chicken is much cheaper and tastes better.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2020, 11:24:30 AM »
[/quote
Agree mate it’s been long time since made any effort whatsoever regarding protein intake

Yup! I make zero effort these days. This is what I ate yesterday:

Jasmine rice, peppers, onions, mushrooms, zucchini and chicken.
1 apple
Strawberries and bluberries
Greek Yogurt
Almonds

All were small portions.
X

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2020, 12:21:35 PM »
I used to believe all the junk I read in the muscle mags about needing huge amounts of protein and  so I experimented with myself, high protein did nothing for me. Maybe a guy on steroids needs/responds better to high protein because it helps protein synthysis.
I would like to see a scientific study on  optimum protein intake for a steroid free  weight trained Man.

With adding in extra protein, my muscles do have a fuller look.

Also noticed more energy and slight more strength when lifting weights.

Though, I would prefer three meals a day with good protein each time but in my case the powder is more convenient.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2020, 12:45:15 PM »
I'm torn on this subject. You can't build muscle without protein. Carbs can't be converted to amino acids but protein can be converted to glucose so it seems to make sense to err on the side of more protein. Plus, all the health issues regarding diet has to do with excessive carbs and fat which would comprise the majority of you calories if you are only getting 200 calories from protein a day.

Still, how the hell do gorillas get so big and strong being mostly vegetarians? Other than eating termites and ants it's mostly fruits and vegatables.Where do they get the protein to support such incredible muscle mass?

There are many plant based proteins found in common vegetables. Bugs are really high in protein and low in fats.

https://www.myfooddata.com/articles/vegetables-high-in-protein.php

https://healthyeating.sfgate.com/nutrition-values-edible-bugs-insects-9602.html#:~:text=A%203.5-ounce%20serving%20of%20red%20ants%20supplies%20about%2014,require%20on%20a%20daily%20basis.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: July 17, 2020, 12:48:37 PM »
Agreed about protein. I have reduced my intake to less than 100 gm a day- and often only 50-75. I've been doing this for a year and have lost no muscle- yet I feel
so much better! I should add that I get most of my calories from eating natural fats with carbs at anout 100-150 a day.

I dont eat a lot of protein, I dont really eat a lot full stop now Im on the carnivore diet
Few burgers , bit of chicken and bacon yoghurt sausage and eggs is pretty much all I eat

Im not looking too bad off that, I have tried high protein but it doesnt seem to make that much difference

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #135 on: July 17, 2020, 01:01:23 PM »
Go by your mirror when diet is involved.......if you look like shit from too much of any nutrient cut it back or cut it out.

Fuck protein grams,carb timing, the scale,and the tape measure............the mirror never lies if you are honest with yourself.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #136 on: July 17, 2020, 01:10:36 PM »
And protein powder is very cheap to make. The markup is huge so easy money for supp companies.

Especially when they are buying whey and casein powder by the truck load.  I worked in the food science and supplement industry for many years.  The average marks ups are anywhere from 200-500%.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: July 17, 2020, 01:12:05 PM »

I've switched to plant based protein. There are several good brands on the market. Vega One is excellent and expensive. https://www.netnutri.com/vega-one-chocolate-xl-tub-42-servings

Plant based protein is easier for me to digest. The occasional protein drink is great when you aren't in the mood to fix a meal or in a time crunch.

If you have a Vitamix or any powerful blender, you can make delicious and healthy smoothies with a combination of fruits and plant based protein.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: July 17, 2020, 01:17:19 PM »

Yup! I make zero effort these days. This is what I ate yesterday:

Jasmine rice, peppers, onions, mushrooms, zucchini and chicken.
1 apple
Strawberries and bluberries
Greek Yogurt
Almonds

All were small portions.

Haha was your Also fucking up the Qoute function coincidence or deliberate?

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #139 on: July 17, 2020, 01:18:05 PM »
There are many plant based proteins found in common vegetables. Bugs are really high in protein and low in fats.

https://www.myfooddata.com/articles/vegetables-high-in-protein.php

https://healthyeating.sfgate.com/nutrition-values-edible-bugs-insects-9602.html#:~:text=A%203.5-ounce%20serving%20of%20red%20ants%20supplies%20about%2014,require%20on%20a%20daily%20basis.

Prime, I  know it seems to just be in your nature to state something contrary just to be contrary no matter what the subject is or it's validity and then display your google searching skills. You don't think I know that there are protein in plants and insects? That wasn't my point. The average male gorilla is over 500 pounds. How many ants do you have to eat to equal a pound of meat that a 180 lb male bber easily eats in a day?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #140 on: July 17, 2020, 01:21:00 PM »
Haha was your Also fucking up the Qoute function coincidence or deliberate?

ha lol.

I actually tried to post it appropriately, but it seems like it wouldn't let me for some reason.  ??? ???
X

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #141 on: July 17, 2020, 01:28:20 PM »
I've switched to plant based protein. There are several good brands on the market. Vega One is excellent and expensive. https://www.netnutri.com/vega-one-chocolate-xl-tub-42-servings

Plant based protein is easier for me to digest. The occasional protein drink is great when you aren't in the mood to fix a meal or in a time crunch.

If you have a Vitamix or any powerful blender, you can make delicious and healthy smoothies with a combination of fruits and plant based protein.

Waste of your money.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #142 on: July 17, 2020, 01:30:28 PM »
If you're natty there is really no floor as to how much weight you can lose trying to get ripped.

You can diet yourself down to nothing like an Auschwitz inmate.

The judging for natty contests should not require extreme definition. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: July 17, 2020, 01:35:26 PM »
Prime, I  know it seems to just be in your nature to state something contrary just to be contrary no matter what the subject is or it's validity and then display your google searching skills. You don't think I know that there are protein in plants and insects? That wasn't my point. The average male gorilla is over 500 pounds. How many ants do you have to eat to equal a pound of meat that a 180 lb male bber easily eats in a day?

I simply answered your question, which was, "Still, how the hell do gorillas get so big and strong being mostly vegetarians? Other than eating termites and ants it's mostly fruits and vegatables. Where do they get the protein to support such incredible muscle mass?" It don't believe I was being contrary at all.

Sure I googled the question because I wanted to know the answer for myself as well as to respond to you. I also read that Gorillas eat as much as 45 lbs of food in a day. 

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: July 17, 2020, 01:37:51 PM »

I have switched to plant protein as well and noticed the same, easier to digest.

Also cheaper than regular whey protein.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: July 17, 2020, 01:51:12 PM »
Waste of your money.

Do you mean all plant based protein or just this brand? I tried it because it is the brand my daughter buys and she recommended it. I also, buy Orgain Organic Protein from Costco. Both sell for $30. Orgain weighs just under 3 lbs, while the Vega is just under 2 lbs. Sometimes I get a case of the premix protein drink because it is so handy.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: July 17, 2020, 02:23:29 PM »

Im not a animal scientist but I would imagine a gorillas muscle mass is more to do with his hormone levels that what he eats

Just look at males going through puberty, they amount of bone and muscle mass growth is not in line with the amount of protein they eat, the surge in hormones creates all the growth..

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #147 on: July 17, 2020, 04:33:20 PM »
Im not a animal scientist but I would imagine a gorillas muscle mass is more to do with his hormone levels that what he eats

Just look at males going through puberty, they amount of bone and muscle mass growth is not in line with the amount of protein they eat, the surge in hormones creates all the growth..

Yah...But they don't have any definition.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: July 17, 2020, 06:01:19 PM »
Go by your mirror when diet is involved.......if you look like shit from too much of any nutrient cut it back or cut it out.

Fuck protein grams,carb timing, the scale,and the tape measure............the mirror never lies if you are honest with yourself.

This. According to the New England Journal of Medicine a few years back, the single best measurement of body fat is the size of your midsection. If you can't see abdominal definition you are carrying too much fat (if your goal is to look jacked- otherwise who cares, haha)

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: July 17, 2020, 06:12:52 PM »

We all fell for it SF :)

I quit protein shakes after getting some hellacious stomach aches. Don't miss them at all.