Author Topic: How many of you train a bodypart more than once a week?  (Read 10077 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: How many of you train a bodypart more than once a week?
« Reply #150 on: July 18, 2020, 03:37:33 AM »
Im not a animal scientist but I would imagine a gorillas muscle mass is more to do with his hormone levels that what he eats

Just look at males going through puberty, they amount of bone and muscle mass growth is not in line with the amount of protein they eat, the surge in hormones creates all the growth..

Prime, payy attention to this post. This is an answer and plausible explanation. You were just stating what everyone knows which didn't answer the question. We all know plants and insects have protein but the amount ingested doesn't correspond to the huge amount of muscle mass a gorrilla carries compared to a human proportionally. There's obviously something different in their metabolism that enables them to carry so much muscle, similar to other herbivores such as a zebra or buffalo.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: July 18, 2020, 03:41:39 AM »

Yah...But they don't have any definition.

That's why bbers shave.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #152 on: July 18, 2020, 04:30:06 AM »
Do you mean all plant based protein or just this brand? I tried it because it is the brand my daughter buys and she recommended it. I also, buy Orgain Organic Protein from Costco. Both sell for $30. Orgain weighs just under 3 lbs, while the Vega is just under 2 lbs. Sometimes I get a case of the premix protein drink because it is so handy.

Just eat eggs.

Protein powder is a convenient way to eat though and you pay for the convenience of course.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #153 on: July 18, 2020, 05:34:52 AM »
I can't believe I totally fell for the whole "one gram of protein per pound of body weight." I eat 1-2x per day and have not lost any size.  What a scam. All the money I spent on protein shakes to get "all of my protein." One of the biggest scams on the market.
What people don’t understand is that the results are not instant...eat both ways for 6 months...1 gram/lb protein and frequently eating for even blood sugar diet will be dramatically better.

But it’s not an instant thing! Too many people in this thread tried it for less than a week and said “I’m not jacked as fuck yet? I ate 2 chicken breast!”

Diets are a marathon...they don’t have to be torture...but they do need consistency

Bench

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #154 on: July 18, 2020, 05:40:18 AM »
What people don’t understand is that the results are not instant...eat both ways for 6 months...1 gram/lb protein and frequently eating for even blood sugar diet will be dramatically better.

But it’s not an instant thing! Too many people in this thread tried it for less than a week and said “I’m not jacked as fuck yet? I ate 2 chicken breast!”

Diets are a marathon...they don’t have to be torture...but they do need consistency

Bench

I agree with this. When I first started bodybuilding I packed on good size eating 1 gram per week. These days all I care about is maintaining, which is much different than trying to pack on size.
X

wave_length

• Getbig II
  • Retired at 42
« Reply #155 on: July 18, 2020, 06:29:10 AM »
For the last few years, five times a week, 30min, one muscle group per week.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #156 on: July 18, 2020, 06:46:57 AM »
Just eat eggs.

Protein powder is a convenient way to eat though and you pay for the convenience of course.
Eggs are the absolute highest allergen protein food.

A lot of people try this and feel like absolute shit .. intestinal inflammation, joint inflammation....nothing good.

Eggs can mess up most people pretty bad

Bench

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #157 on: July 18, 2020, 06:49:25 AM »
I agree with this. When I first started bodybuilding I packed on good size eating 1 gram per week. These days all I care about is maintaining, which is much different than trying to pack on size.
I am just interested in maintaining size...but I always try to add strength.

If the size happens it happens....but it's not a goal

Bench

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: July 18, 2020, 12:01:56 PM »

A lot of people try this and feel like absolute shit .. intestinal inflammation, joint inflammation....nothing good.

Bench
Vince Gironda is turning in his grave at this post.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: July 18, 2020, 12:26:51 PM »
Vince Gironda is turning in his methane filled grave at this post.

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #160 on: July 18, 2020, 12:43:36 PM »
That's why bbers shave.

There used to be a gorilla exhibit  in the Honolulu zoo with a 'tug of war' set up.  That gorilla used to easily yank big Kanakas around like they were children.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #161 on: July 18, 2020, 02:27:17 PM »

Bench

Eggs don't bother me.  I can eat eggs till the chickens go on strike.

Protein powder makes me fart.

NI_Muscle

• Getbig II
« Reply #162 on: July 18, 2020, 04:44:42 PM »
It's the crap like artificial sweeteners etc in protein powders that ferments and makes people fart. Not the protein per se.

Also, regarding the gorillas mentioned earlier, their digestive systems are able to convert plant matter into amino acids.  The human digestive system is not designed to do this.  We have an acid based digestive system that breaks down the by products of the fermentation of plant matter into amino acids ie animal muscle tissue/meat.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #163 on: July 18, 2020, 05:34:59 PM »

I have 2 shakes a day...but I don't stray from the brand and I only use 1 scoop.

1 immediately upon waking, and the other immediately before I go to sleep.

Bench

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: July 18, 2020, 05:38:39 PM »

Try plant protein instead of whey, has no lactose or gluten, easy to digest and no bloating.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #165 on: July 18, 2020, 06:08:04 PM »
I dump the scoop of powder straight into my mouth, then swig water and chew it down. Really saves time compared to washing a shaker.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: July 18, 2020, 07:38:21 PM »
It's the crap like artificial sweeteners etc in protein powders that ferments and makes people fart. Not the protein per se.

Also, regarding the gorillas mentioned earlier, their digestive systems are able to convert plant matter into amino acids.  The human digestive system is not designed to do this.  We have an acid based digestive system that breaks down the by products of the fermentation of plant matter into amino acids ie animal muscle tissue/meat.

Do you have a link to this claim? Plants are carbohydrates. Carbohydrates break down into glucose. You are saying that their digestive system is able to convert glucose into amino acids. I've read the explanation how amino acids can be converted to glucose but not vice versa.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: July 18, 2020, 07:55:20 PM »
One set a day is all u need . Keeping cals high is more important
A

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: July 18, 2020, 10:16:09 PM »

Not always, but artificial sweeteners do harm the the healthy gut bacteria and can cause bloating/farting.

If you need a protein powder the best is unflavoured  bioactive undenatured whey protein.

I have gone plant based too, but only because you can use the powders in cooked/heated food. I add some pea and brown rice protein powder to a huge boil of soup as I can't stand shakes any more.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: July 18, 2020, 10:32:08 PM »
One set a day is all u need . Keeping cals high is more important

Can you post a recent picture to show us how this is working out for you. If you found this is the best way to train then you are probably better now than you were when the mighty Falcon flew high.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #170 on: July 19, 2020, 02:51:49 AM »
Do you have a link to this claim? Plants are carbohydrates. Carbohydrates break down into glucose. You are saying that their digestive system is able to convert glucose into amino acids. I've read the explanation how amino acids can be converted to glucose but not vice versa.

I found this:

Even if you were determined to shovel all that vegetation in your mouth, it wouldn't do you much good. Threads on Reddit's AskScience forum have probed the gorilla question, revealing that the apes' intestines digest foods differently to humans'.

Gorillas have gut bacteria that's better at both converting cellulose (plant matter) into energy and synthesising amino acids, which supercharge all that muscle mass.

And

3.Gorillas Can Easily Use Plant Fibers By Digesting Cellulose

There is one more thing that is noticeable in Uganda Destinations like Bwindi forest park & its nearby areas that these Gorillas can also digest cellulose that allows them to completely use the plant fibers. Now when this fact is compared to human vegetarians & other animal species that are herbivorous, digesting cellulose is completely impossible. Clearly stating that these mountain gorillas are amazing in numerous ways that we can’t even imagine. 

imagine.       

4.They Have Unique Digestive System For Fixing More Protein In Their Body   

Through your observations in Uganda Safari, you will also come to know through the guides and doctors that these gorillas possess a digestive tract which is amazingly long & capable of converting cellulose into Omega-3 fatty acids. This variant of fatty acid is very important for the health of their brain as well as the health of their central and peripheral nervous system. Moreover, this fatty acid also helps in supplying the coating of the plasma membrane of these gorillas. As far as this membrane is concerned, it allows certain nutrients to flow in & out of the cells smoothly.
X

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: July 19, 2020, 12:10:03 PM »

I found this:

Even if you were determined to shovel all that vegetation in your mouth, it wouldn't do you much good. Threads on Reddit's AskScience forum have probed the gorilla question, revealing that the apes' intestines digest foods differently to humans'.

Gorillas have gut bacteria that's better at both converting cellulose (plant matter) into energy and synthesising amino acids, which supercharge all that muscle mass.

And

There is one more thing that is noticeable in Uganda Destinations like Bwindi forest park & its nearby areas that these Gorillas can also digest cellulose that allows them to completely use the plant fibers. Now when this fact is compared to human vegetarians & other animal species that are herbivorous, digesting cellulose is completely impossible. Clearly stating that these mountain gorillas are amazing in numerous ways that we can’t even imagine. 

imagine.       

Through your observations in Uganda Safari, you will also come to know through the guides and doctors that these gorillas possess a digestive tract which is amazingly long & capable of converting cellulose into Omega-3 fatty acids. This variant of fatty acid is very important for the health of their brain as well as the health of their central and peripheral nervous system. Moreover, this fatty acid also helps in supplying the coating of the plasma membrane of these gorillas. As far as this membrane is concerned, it allows certain nutrients to flow in & out of the cells smoothly.

You and I read the same article.

I take 600 mg of Omega 3 via fish oil. Hope I don't become a gorilla.  ;D

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: July 19, 2020, 01:30:16 PM »

I found this:

And

imagine.       

Wow! This is awesome information! Thanks for posting and clarifying this.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #173 on: July 19, 2020, 01:32:32 PM »
I do something everyday to keep blood in my muscles Whether at home or in a gym. Been training for over 40 yrs at this point doesn't have to be much or a specific routine. This is from the last time I was training consistently at a gym

NI_Muscle

• Getbig II
« Reply #174 on: July 19, 2020, 05:09:10 PM »
Those plant based protein powders like pea etc are full of dietary lectins.  Not good for anyone's digestive system long term.  They cause increased intestinal permeability (leaky gut) and a plethora of other issues.