Author Topic: Would a Rule Change Help or Hinder?  (Read 1392 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Would a Rule Change Help or Hinder?
« on: April 19, 2006, 12:35:35 PM »
Regarding this recent Masters' Competition ..... I don't think that there was any conspiracy going on, but if I was judging I'd hope that one of the loyal guys won the contest. But for the life of me, I can't tell if that would have an affect on my "vote" or not.

But in Rusty's case, I believe he was placed lower than he actually deserved (assuming that the photos tell no lies) due to his past video activities.

So let me ask you this ....... Should the rules be changed so that one and all would officially know that this kind of activity will have an adverse affect on one's participation in a contest? Is there a rule in existance now that views unfavorably such actions allowing officials to "vote" accordingly?

Or could such a rule lead to legal complications?

Is it just better to leave the rules alone and leave it up to the individual judges to make that decision from within?

Is there a legal presidence in a somwhat similar situation?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Would a Rule Change Help or Hinder?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 12:39:53 PM »
stuntmovie, if you doubt the judging, you need a new avatar, brother!

If you feel the judging was awful at the Master's Pro, and that Bob Chick received a gift and/or Rusty got screwed, please take this invitation to change your avatar to a clown.

click on your profile, and in the white box that says "I have my own avatar", place this address below (or another clown of your choice!):

http://www.gipsyland.com/cardimages/animatedVI/clown.gif

Make it so that when judges, athletes, promoters, or other fans visit the board, they'll know immediately how many people here disapprove of the IFBB judging and the way the Masters Pro was judged.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 04:16:51 PM »
Thanks, 240! I appreciate your invite but it just ain't my style even though I tend to agree with ya regarding the low placing of Jeffers unless that decision was made due to past actions on his part. (I still have a problem with that cause I am "old school" I guess.)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 04:20:25 PM »
 If they were to officially make it a rule, it would reveal their hypocrisy. If former convicts and known recreational drug users frequent the stages, someone will ask why Rusty should be downgraded.