Author Topic: Biden - What happens now?  (Read 14700 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Biden - What happens now?
« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2020, 12:45:35 PM »
LOL

Why do you think she ran out of money?

Answer: Because donors were not going to flush anymore cash down the toilet.

I just realized these M/F combos are 0-3 in Presidential elections. Ferraro, Palin and Hillary.

Do you really think this duo of Creepy and Chalkboard is going to break the streak?

Honestly, I have no idea how this election is going to turn out. I was surprised and disappointed at the 2016 results, even though I had concerns about HRC. I was no less surprised when Obama was elected in 2008. The bottom line is anything can happen. I'm not much of a gambler, (actually hate gambling). Fortunately, three months goes by very quickly so none of us has to wait long to see how this one ends.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2020, 12:48:23 PM »
and what is wrong with that?

See Portland.

See Chicago.

See San Fran.

See Detroit.

See NYC.

ETC

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2020, 02:46:28 PM »
DHS and ICE are considered police as well and she’s called for them to be done away with. She’s a supporter of BLM and Antifa which have called to the defunding of police departments....she was chosen for 2 reasons, her race and her gender....that’s it.

SHOCKING! A politician calls for government agencies to be done away with! It's not like we haven't seen this before from the right and the left. Come to think of it, aren't the tea party folks all yelling about the Department of Education and the EPA? Maybe the FDA too? And the FCC? But something tells me you're fine when someone says those should be abolished because it fits with your preconceived notions and your politics.

As for DHS, it was just an additional layer of (mostly useless) bureaucracy foisted on the world by scared politicians who wanted to be seen as tough and "doing something" in the wake of 9/11. It absorbed a bunch of other agencies from other parts of the Federal government (including the repository of subhuman DNA that is known as the TSA) and it's unclear if it's actually benefited us in any real way.

And when it comes to Police, I believe that the People are ultimately in charge of this country and its political subdivisions and if they want to defund police departments, that is is well within their purview. I don't much care one way or another and generally don't hold most cops in high regard. If I were generalizing, I'd say that cops are power-hungry little assholes with loud voices and the "tough guy" bravado afforded them by their gun, their badge and the privileges afforded them by badly written laws and powerful unions. Most are quick to anger but easy to scare and they "fear for their lives" far too easily to be in the line work they're in.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2020, 03:51:35 PM »
SHOCKING! A politician calls for government agencies to be done away with! It's not like we haven't seen this before from the right and the left. Come to think of it, aren't the tea party folks all yelling about the Department of Education and the EPA? Maybe the FDA too? And the FCC? But something tells me you're fine when someone says those should be abolished because it fits with your preconceived notions and your politics.

As for DHS, it was just an additional layer of (mostly useless) bureaucracy foisted on the world by scared politicians who wanted to be seen as tough and "doing something" in the wake of 9/11. It absorbed a bunch of other agencies from other parts of the Federal government (including the repository of subhuman DNA that is known as the TSA) and it's unclear if it's actually benefited us in any real way.

And when it comes to Police, I believe that the People are ultimately in charge of this country and its political subdivisions and if they want to defund police departments, that is is well within their purview. I don't much care one way or another and generally don't hold most cops in high regard. If I were generalizing, I'd say that cops are power-hungry little assholes with loud voices and the "tough guy" bravado afforded them by their gun, their badge and the privileges afforded them by badly written laws and powerful unions. Most are quick to anger but easy to scare and they "fear for their lives" far too easily to be in the line work they're in.

This

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2020, 05:58:20 PM »

U a describing cops in Kabul or Kandahar  :D

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2020, 07:45:51 PM »
U a describing cops in Kabul or Kandahar  :D

You’d think so, but no. I’m describing cops in Everytown, U.S.A. actually. There’s a thread that’s several tens of pages long on this very forum outlining horrific police abuse right here.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2020, 09:05:58 PM »

Really? What was the tea party yelling about? You know there is no tea party now and they sure as hell weren’t willing to sacrifice National security by doing away with not one, not two, but three agencies. DHS is in Chicago right now, worse than Portland because the Salmon head mayor called for stand down orders and is willing to let the city dive into even further shit because of “her” leadership.

As far as your generalizations of Cops....you’re dead wrong. Over 700,000 active duty cops in this country and this how you generalize them...seriously?

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: August 14, 2020, 12:14:13 AM »
Really? What was the tea party yelling about? You know there is no tea party now and they sure as hell weren’t willing to sacrifice National security by doing away with not one, not two, but three agencies. DHS is in Chicago right now, worse than Portland because the Salmon head mayor called for stand down orders and is willing to let the city dive into even further shit because of “her” leadership.

I love how people parrot statements like "sacrifice national security" despite having no expertise on the subject. The point was that politicians ask for things to be abolished all the time and it's fine and dandy when your side calls for it, but wrong and disturbing when the other side does it. A point that you proved with aplomb. Thanks.

As far as your generalizations of Cops....you’re dead wrong. Over 700,000 active duty cops in this country and this how you generalize them...seriously?

Holy shit Joe, you're one to talk about the evils of generalizations. You're fucking expert at it, generalizing the various groups you dislike all the fucking time. Don't talk to me about generalizing, Joe. People in glass houses and all that jazz.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #133 on: August 14, 2020, 10:42:36 AM »
I love how people parrot statements like "sacrifice national security" despite having no expertise on the subject. The point was that politicians ask for things to be abolished all the time and it's fine and dandy when your side calls for it, but wrong and disturbing when the other side does it. A point that you proved with aplomb. Thanks.

Holy shit Joe, you're one to talk about the evils of generalizations. You're fucking expert at it, generalizing the various groups you dislike all the fucking time. Don't talk to me about generalizing, Joe. People in glass houses and all that jazz.

I don’t parrot shit. There is no other way to put it. Generalizing the Democratic Party, BLM, Antifa SHOULD be generalized because the left doesn’t call them out, bails them out and defends them, and you don’t think they do defend them, take a look at the cities that are being burned and looted, who runs these cities and states and who tells their own PD’s to stand down and just take the abuse.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: August 14, 2020, 01:07:35 PM »
I get that you think that respect is something one wears and I'm pretty sure that the sight of a cop's badge leaves you standing at attention, perhaps in more ways than one, and are thinking about getting one of those "thin blue line" flags tattooed on your ass. That's all fine: you're entitled to your opinion Joe. After all, opinions are like assholes as the saying goes.

But let's be crystal clear about what you're basically saying Joe:

IT'S OK WHEN I GENERALIZE BECAUSE WHAT I THINK AND FEEL IS VALID. IT'S NOT OK WHEN OTHERS DO IT, OK?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #135 on: August 14, 2020, 01:18:23 PM »
I was surprised Biden picked Harris.

Will the far left be happy with her?

I don't think she's radical enough for them.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #136 on: August 14, 2020, 01:54:30 PM »

Apparently, Warren and Whitmer were ruled out because of excessive whiteness. Harris checked the most boxes. Problem for them is that she’s a horrible candidate, not ready for prime time. Once the honeymoon is over she’ll get exposed just like in the primaries. The two of them will probably hate each other by Election Day.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: August 14, 2020, 02:52:31 PM »

I both was and wasn’t. It seemed that out of all the options she ticked the important boxes: woman, of color, not a million years old.

But at the same time she offers what? She’s not a spring chicken, she ran a horrible campaign, failing to generate buzz or excitement with voters, failed to fundraise effectively, didn’t really wow anyone at the debates except for that one time when she bitch-slapped Biden, but that more shocking that anything and even that was premised on a bit of a lie or perhaps an exaggeration.

What she doesn’t offer, she makes up for by having plenty of negatives. Her record in CA is ripe for the picking and will be used against her. Her incessant laughing at inappropriate times is weird and almost reminds me of the Joker in the latest movie. And, lastly, she has an arrogant and very smug look.

In my opinion, this was a bad decision whether Biden/Harris win or lose.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: August 14, 2020, 04:39:22 PM »

I'm near left and I'm fine with her.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2020, 04:43:55 PM »
I both was and wasn’t. It seemed that out of all the options she ticked the important boxes: woman, of color, not a million years old.

But at the same time she offers what? She’s not a spring chicken, she ran a horrible campaign, failing to generate buzz or excitement with voters, failed to fundraise effectively, didn’t really wow anyone at the debates except for that one time when she bitch-slapped Biden, but that more shocking that anything and even that was premised on a bit of a lie or perhaps an exaggeration.

What she doesn’t offer, she makes up for by having plenty of negatives. Her record in CA is ripe for the picking and will be used against her. Her incessant laughing at inappropriate times is weird and almost reminds me of the Joker in the latest movie. And, lastly, she has an arrogant and very smug look.

In my opinion, this was a bad decision whether Biden/Harris win or lose.

Would you be happier with one of the other women who ran in the primaries or that Biden had under consideration?

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #140 on: August 14, 2020, 06:09:32 PM »

Saggy, you & Strawly should meet  ;) !.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: August 14, 2020, 06:17:55 PM »

You are right....we should.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #142 on: August 14, 2020, 06:24:30 PM »

What about me?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: August 14, 2020, 06:39:06 PM »
What about me?

Let's all do dinner....as soon as it is safe to travel and eat in restaurants.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: August 14, 2020, 07:23:36 PM »
Would you be happier with one of the other women who ran in the primaries or that Biden had under consideration?

Important caveat: I wasn't planning on voting for Biden to begin with, so my happiness with his choice doesn't really seem like a useful metric. I also don't know who else he was considering and haven't really looked into them. I heard that Gretchen Whitmer was under consideration and I find her abhorrent so I guess I'm glad it wasn't her.

But to be honest, I'd be satisfied if his criteria were objective and didn't include things like gender and race; I'd prefer if his criteria, along with his short-list, were made public and we could all evaluate not only his pick but his process for picking.

So far, the only thing we know about his "process" was that he committed to picking a woman and that feels off to me, not because I don't think women are qualified to be Vice President or President but rather because I think that choosing a running mate based on genitalia feels as off to me. It's basically using, as your criteria, something that's outside that individual's control and I believe that's wrong. If it isn't, why not choose someone based on things like peanut allergies, hair color, height or foot size?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #145 on: August 14, 2020, 07:34:34 PM »

So far, the only thing we know about his "process" was that he committed to picking a woman and that feels off to me, not because I don't think women are qualified to be Vice President or President but rather because I think that choosing a running mate based on genitalia feels as off to me. It's basically using, as your criteria, something that's outside that individual's control and I believe that's wrong. If it isn't, why not choose someone based on things like peanut allergies, hair color, height or foot size?

This is it

There should be more concern that he picked a potential President based on gender and race.
Y

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #146 on: August 14, 2020, 10:55:21 PM »
What about me?

You eat too much pizza !.

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #147 on: August 14, 2020, 11:11:36 PM »
Let's all do dinner....as soon as it is safe to travel and eat in restaurants.

Yes, but  on neutral grounds like:

- Banzaan Food Market in Phuket,Thailand , Muay Thai boxing stadium is accross the road ......

- Little French Mashroom restaurant on Easter Island

- SS20 place in Kuala Lumpur

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: August 15, 2020, 12:18:39 AM »
Important caveat: I wasn't planning on voting for Biden to begin with, so my happiness with his choice doesn't really seem like a useful metric. I also don't know who else he was considering and haven't really looked into them. I heard that Gretchen Whitmer was under consideration and I find her abhorrent so I guess I'm glad it wasn't her.

But to be honest, I'd be satisfied if his criteria were objective and didn't include things like gender and race; I'd prefer if his criteria, along with his short-list, were made public and we could all evaluate not only his pick but his process for picking.

That's why it's called politics. Biden chose someone who would add to his vote pool. A lot of people voted for Trump. Obviously, having qualifications  for the job is irrelevant in many people's minds.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: August 15, 2020, 07:51:57 AM »
That's why it's called politics. Biden chose someone who would add to his vote pool. A lot of people voted for Trump. Obviously, having qualifications  for the job is irrelevant in many people's minds.

Add to his vote pool how? She attracted so few voters that her own candidacy was not viable and she seems to have little to offer.