Author Topic: Jan 20  (Read 2979 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Jan 20
« on: August 27, 2020, 09:21:02 PM »
Regardless of how it ends up I can't wait for Nov 4.  The nation is divided, for whatever reason. As you know I am not a fan of Trump. I don't care much for Biden. But as an American, what this country has become is disheartening. Not one mind has been changed here in 5 years. Not one mind will be changed. 1000's of insults have been hurled and for what? If you are a Trump supporter you will be a Trump supporter in Feb. If you are a Trump hater you will be a Trump hater as well. As an American my hope is that we can find common ground again and heal some of this divide that has been created.   

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
Re: Jan 20
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 11:03:25 PM »
Perhaps four years would be a better time frame.  Five years ago I completely dismissed Trump as a candidate, here and elsewhere.

I recently attended a memorial and had to hear one speaker (a liberal) repeatedly bring up Trump.  At a memorial – really?

We’ve got some healing to do, but we won’t get any help from our media.  It’s up to us as individuals to arrive at some sort of Kumbaya.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 04:07:47 AM »
Regardless of how it ends up I can't wait for Nov 4.  The nation is divided, for whatever reason. As you know I am not a fan of Trump. I don't care much for Biden. But as an American, what this country has become is disheartening. Not one mind has been changed here in 5 years. Not one mind will be changed. 1000's of insults have been hurled and for what? If you are a Trump supporter you will be a Trump supporter in Feb. If you are a Trump hater you will be a Trump hater as well. As an American my hope is that we can find common ground again and heal some of this divide that has been created.   

Truth.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 05:00:15 AM »
It will not change in our lifetimes.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 05:05:03 AM »

The fundamental problem is that leftists don’t like this country. If you want to fundamentally change everything about someone you probably weren’t into that person.

And Biden is a stiff who isn’t beating Trump.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2020, 05:09:51 AM »
Liberals from Cali are moving to Idaho and will vote to turn Boise into Cali.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2020, 09:48:10 AM »
The fundamental problem is that leftists don’t like this country. If you want to fundamentally change everything about someone you probably weren’t into that person.

I know, they hate this country.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2020, 11:25:56 AM »

There is a part of me that thinks 4 more more years of Trump would be exhausting, even though I consider much of the social angst and unrest to be the self-induced - people working themselves into a frenzy, falling for false narratives, media manipulation, etc.  There are filling personal voids in their lives by fixing on Trump.  They would just shift the focus elsewhere afterwards, albeit likely something less exposed to everyone on a daily basis.  Things would also calm down because the media would not be fanning the flames during a Biden presidency, giving the illusion that Biden himself deserves the credit, as opposed to how Trump gets zero credit for anything.

But the other part of me cannot stand what the Democrats have done over the last four years.  TDS to the max, a flimsy/partisan impeachment, catering to the mob, playing identity politics, tearing up the SoU, inciting violence (see Aryanna Pressley tweet), the squad bullshit and hypocrisy, not denouncing riots, and being a party that has so many  reprehensible folks.  They became so consumed with being anti-Trump we now have another shit Pres/VP combo representing them in November.

Y

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2020, 01:28:52 PM »

Trumptards are the people who not only hate this country ...they also hate democracy

They literally hate everything this country stands for and want to turn the country into fascist cult for a dictator

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2020, 01:59:00 PM »
There is a part of me that thinks 4 more more years of Trump would be exhausting, even though I consider much of the social angst and unrest to be the self-induced - people working themselves into a frenzy, falling for false narratives, media manipulation, etc.  There are filling personal voids in their lives by fixing on Trump.  They would just shift the focus elsewhere afterwards, albeit likely something less exposed to everyone on a daily basis.  Things would also calm down because the media would not be fanning the flames during a Biden presidency, giving the illusion that Biden himself deserves the credit, as opposed to how Trump gets zero credit for anything.

But the other part of me cannot stand what the Democrats have done over the last four years.  TDS to the max, a flimsy/partisan impeachment, catering to the mob, playing identity politics, tearing up the SoU, inciting violence (see Aryanna Pressley tweet), the squad bullshit and hypocrisy, not denouncing riots, and being a party that has so many  reprehensible folks.  They became so consumed with being anti-Trump we now have another shit Pres/VP combo representing them in November.

Republicans have done all of this and MORE

Trump is a TRAITOR to this country

https://www.lawfareblog.com/collusion-reading-diary-what-did-senate-intelligence-committee-find

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2020, 02:18:40 PM »
Republicans have done all of this and MORE

Trump is a TRAITOR to this country

https://www.lawfareblog.com/collusion-reading-diary-what-did-senate-intelligence-committee-find
Still drinking the kool-aid?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2020, 02:52:50 PM »
Still drinking the kool-aid?

It's funny that he posts links and such and expects anyone to follow them.

He's proven incapable of having a discussion, so he's lost the privelige of anyone really caring what he thinks.

But he's has been melting at a great frequency than usual, it seems, just by the sheer amount of threads he starts.

Y

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2020, 02:53:52 PM »
It's funny that he posts links and such and expects anyone to follow them.

He's proven incapable of having a discussion, so he's lost the privelige of anyone really caring what he thinks.

But he's has been melting at a great frequency than usual, it seems, just by the sheer amount of threads he starts.
He suffers from a horrible bout of TDS.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2020, 09:02:24 PM »

No, I respectfully disagree and point out Americans saying the leftists or the conservatives are the problem. The country is made up with the complete spectrum from the far left to the far right. the majority reside close to the middle on either side. That is what in my opinion needs to be focused on regardless of what party happens to be living in the white house.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2020, 09:04:04 PM »

Im an optimist. It has changed for the worse in the last 10 years, it can change for the better in our lifetime. Maybe not mine, but I think it will

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2020, 09:05:08 PM »
I know, they hate this country.

That statement is part of the problem in my opinion

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2020, 09:07:05 PM »
Trumptards are the people who not only hate this country ...they also hate democracy

They literally hate everything this country stands for and want to turn the country into fascist cult for a dictator

perhaps, but the answer will never come from the Trump base, nor will it come from the AOC supporters. It has to come from the middle ground

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2020, 09:10:49 PM »

I can sense a right leaning to your post, and thats fine. Would you at least agree that the focus on Trump is partly Trumps own doing? The almost daily controversial tweets, the "campaign rally" speeches focused on demonizing the democrats rather than speaking to us as American citizens? Would someone, anyone who doesn't crave the spotlight and can talk to us as a nation rather than a party be a move in the right direction?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2020, 09:12:19 PM »
Perhaps four years would be a better time frame.  Five years ago I completely dismissed Trump as a candidate, here and elsewhere.

I recently attended a memorial and had to hear one speaker (a liberal) repeatedly bring up Trump.  At a memorial – really?

We’ve got some healing to do, but we won’t get any help from our media.  It’s up to us as individuals to arrive at some sort of Kumbaya.

I think you are right. but how does that happen?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2020, 05:35:59 AM »
That statement is part of the problem in my opinion
It's the truth.  The left hates every traditional institution in this country.  They even hate it's founding.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2020, 06:40:55 AM »
It's the truth.  The left hates every traditional institution in this country.  They even hate it's founding.

And they never provide any context. You would think that slavery was an invention of the United States when in reality it pre-dates written history and can be found in every culture. The US did more than any other country to eliminate this practice.

Where exactly were these woke places in 1619? China? The Middle East? Japan? South America?  Practice of holding the United States to impossible standards and everyone else to no standards at all.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2020, 11:06:49 AM »

And they never provide any context. You would think that slavery was an invention of the United States when in reality it pre-dates written history and can be found in every culture. The US did more than any other country to eliminate this practice.

Where exactly were these woke places in 1619? China? The Middle East? Japan? South America?  Practice of holding the United States to impossible standards and everyone else to no standards at all.
The NBA players love them some China and Nike shoes which use child labor to produce.  Lebron doesn't seem to have a problem with that kind of slavery.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2020, 05:18:52 PM »
I can sense a right leaning to your post, and thats fine. Would you at least agree that the focus on Trump is partly Trumps own doing? The almost daily controversial tweets, the "campaign rally" speeches focused on demonizing the democrats rather than speaking to us as American citizens? Would someone, anyone who doesn't crave the spotlight and can talk to us as a nation rather than a party be a move in the right direction?

Always have been more right than left, mainly because national defense, strong military, lower taxes, legal immigration, and their fiscal policies make more sense to me.  I still feel we need health and education reform, and need to do a better job letting our old people retire and enjoy themselves.

Of course Trump brings a ton of that on himself, I disagree with a lot and even cringe a bit at some of his tweets.  But they were calling for impeachment day one, so I don't blame him so much for attacking them.  But the Democrats really should have done an introspective after 2016, but they didn't, and now we have just as bad a choice that we did in 2016.

In addition, the left doesn't even know what it is now, with the progressive rift in the party.  The impeachment was awful, and it's scary to think that with a few more Democratic senators in office, that a sitting President would have been removed with zero direct evidence against him, and only conjecture and heresay to back it up.

Off topic, and I've said it before, but a dishonest media and big tech's content manipulation are more of a concern to me than if a republican or democrat are in the white house.

Y

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2020, 06:30:08 PM »
When has the USA not been divided, except for a few times in history at the beginning of certain wars?  Having a common enemy unites people, for a little while.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2020, 07:52:00 PM »

You're confident that the presidential election will be nicely settled by Nov. 4?  Could be the start of the shit (drama and division) really hitting the fan?