Author Topic: 💪 My Lung Cancer Status 💪  (Read 9296 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: 💪 My Lung Cancer Status 💪
« Reply #125 on: October 29, 2020, 03:42:39 PM »
Great stuff Wes, really interesting.
Great job on kicking ass in the masters 40 Southern States.

Question - Do you remember a super shredded Lt heavy named Ivy Loop at that years Southern States?
                He won the NPC La state that year and was a smart decent guy. Came in ripped to the bone.
                 Ivy was so shredded when we all stripped down to get on stage, everyone saw him and knew it was over.

Ya know Wes, you always brought the great conditioning.
                 Those of us that love real bodybuilding respect that.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2020, 01:46:29 PM »
Competing: taking my class in the 95` Southern States Over-35 contest when I was 40.............everybody told me I`d get smoked and it was too prestigous a contest.

I dieted and trained like a freak.........waist went from 32 inches to 27 inches and when Bill Neylon weighed me in he couldn`t believe that I only weighed 154 pounds,..,....if I did the Over-40 I would have had to weigh a ripped 165 which was out of my realm at the time.

As A fan....................s eeing Arnold and Franco in their prime,shooting the shit with Leon Brown for over an hour at the Masters Nats,becoming close friends with one of my many idols as a kid,Dave Mastorakis,shooting the shit with Elliot Gilchrist, and knowing Jeff King ,Aceto,and Matt Dufresne among other assorted animals from Springfield Mass,. when it was a veritable hotbed of bodybuilding.

On getbig...........way too many to pick just one incident Hioward................. waaaaay too many !! LOL  ;)

In the Gym,training with my best friend Ray Harris no one could keep up with us and I mean no one...............we could have kept up with Ronnie or Arnold with ease using comparable poundages for our needs,.......in fact Harris would probably train much heavier than Arnold even at the age of 18...............kid was a beast.

Also squatting ass to the grass with 405 at 160 pounds bodyweight,seated alternate DB Curls with the 70`s for a decent 5 reps with mega slow negatives and just a slight cheat to get it started................. ......benching double bodyweight in 6 months after coming off a drunk and only being able to get 8 hard reps with 95 pounds,........I got a good 300 at 150 pounds bodyweight like a hot knife through butter............I did shit when others said I couldn`t just to prove I could be a stubborn asshole................. ..also winning 67 trophies with no genetics,the frame of a sparrow,and the metabolism of a hummingbird!!  LOL  ;D

Never doubt a total assholes abilities!  ;D
Wes I was definitely there at the night show, shit a shame we didn't know each other then.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2020, 03:05:48 PM »
Great stuff Wes, really interesting.
Great job on kicking ass in the masters 40 Southern States.

Question - Do you remember a super shredded Lt heavy named Ivy Loop at that years Southern States?
                He won the NPC La state that year and was a smart decent guy. Came in ripped to the bone.
                 Ivy was so shredded when we all stripped down to get on stage, everyone saw him and knew it was over.

Ya know Wes, you always brought the great conditioning.
                 Those of us that love real bodybuilding respect that.

Thanks Howard you were no slouch yourself,and no I can`t say I remember Ivy LOoop ???
Wes I was definitely there at the night show, shit a shame we didn't know each other then.
I hear ya` Ronnie,we could have possibly gotten arrested in Ft. Lauderdale due to some getbig antics!  LOL  ;D