Author Topic: Paul Dillett - Men's Physique At The Olympia "Laughable"  (Read 1740 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Paul Dillett - Men's Physique At The Olympia "Laughable"
« on: September 29, 2020, 09:09:35 AM »
How many people would be recognize him on the street?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
Re: Paul Dillett - Men's Physique At The Olympia "Laughable"
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 10:19:39 AM »
Even in his prime hardly anyone would know him.  They would see his physique and know he was huge but know his name?  Nope.

Arnold is probably the only top bodybuilder who people would recognize, and only because of his movies.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 10:27:08 AM »
A guy with not much to say.

Simple. Not dumb. But ... simple.

sway

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 11:18:43 AM »
They gotta get rid of the board shorts. It’s such a distraction, plus it leaves them open to criticism about their legs. No matter how developed the upper body is, people will always make jokes about them having no legs.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2020, 11:31:52 AM »
Sorry to go on a tangent, but what's the deal with the Vlad character..?  Total pencil neck - takes himself waaaay too seriously in his Dr Evil wannabe shirts... ::)

Time to bump the 'punchable face' thread!!  >:(
T

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2020, 11:36:21 AM »
Vlad the Shimpaler, did he film that w/ a potato??  ???

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2020, 01:50:14 PM »
They gotta get rid of the board shorts. It’s such a distraction, plus it leaves them open to criticism about their legs. No matter how developed the upper body is, people will always make jokes about them having no legs.

Weren't the board shorts a reaction to people clowning musclebound guys  prancing around in speedos?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2020, 01:54:38 PM »

Classic is way better.   The physique classes are a joke.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2020, 02:32:15 PM »
Sorry to go on a tangent, but what's the deal with the Vlad character..?  Total pencil neck - takes himself waaaay too seriously in his Dr Evil wannabe shirts... ::)

I don't have any special hate for this dude but how did he get this gig?

I'm not sure I would want him to be the face for Generation Iron which I think has gotten a lot better and I'm starting to follow them more.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2020, 02:37:22 PM »

Weren't the board shorts a reaction to people clowning musclebound guys  prancing around in speedos?

Maybe something in between. Like what they wear in MMA. The ones that GSP and Paulo Costas wear. Wear board shorts is certainly more an incentive not to train legs hard which is in itself a disincentive anyway because of the toll it takes on the body.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2020, 03:28:30 PM »

Guys a text book fucking schmoe, every word that comes out
Of his mouth is “interesting” that’s all he says. The word “interesting”

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2020, 03:52:20 PM »

I'm not sure I would want him to be the face for Generation Iron which I think has gotten a lot better and I'm starting to follow them more.

I was wondering the same thing...I'd like to know the answer to that.  At first I thought maybe he ran Generation Iron outright - or was a founder, perhaps.  I guess that's still possible, but my guess is that he was given the role.

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2020, 09:24:37 AM »
 Vlad looks like he is commanding a spaceship in a GalaxyQuest sequel.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2020, 09:36:58 AM »
Narrower than a toothpick. He currently resembles that of a burnt match therefore he is small and useless to us.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2020, 09:43:58 AM »

Agreed bro! Well said with the Dr. Evil shirts!

anabolicguru

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2020, 10:21:55 AM »
having competed in men's physique,  I have constantly ask the judges do they even judge calves, they said they DO NOT JUDGE LEGS and Calves in MP.  So there is no need to train them since they do not judge them at all, not even calves,  but I agree with you, they should change the type of shorts where it will show off on who actually trains legs.
I

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2020, 10:40:15 AM »
Maybe something in between. Like what they wear in MMA. The ones that GSP and Paulo Costas wear. Wear board shorts is certainly more an incentive not to train legs hard which is in itself a disincentive anyway because of the toll it takes on the body.

On reddit a few days ago, someone posted the below pic comparing 2013 and 2019 top physique competitors.
Observations in the thread were not just that the shorts were creeping up, but that the guys look bigger than classic competitors and the quads are bursting out of shorts compared to a few years ago.  Someone mentioned a competitor named Johnny Sebastian who sized up to classic, then 212 and is heading back to physique without downsizing at all.

(If this pic was posted on getbig, I feel like the comparisons might be different.  ???)

anabolicguru

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2020, 11:12:45 AM »
On reddit a few days ago, someone posted the below pic comparing 2013 and 2019 top physique competitors.
Observations in the thread were not just that the shorts were creeping up, but that the guys look bigger than classic competitors and the quads are bursting out of shorts compared to a few years ago.  Someone mentioned a competitor named Johnny Sebastian who sized up to classic, then 212 and is heading back to physique without downsizing at all.

(If this pic was posted on getbig, I feel like the comparisons might be different.  ???)

agree, now these days, the upper bodies on MP competitors could compete with classic and open 212 guys, BUT when it comes to the legs, the majority is laughable
I

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2020, 12:19:22 PM »

The three dudes in the bottom pic look very respectable i thought this was mens bikini or something like that? These guys look like 212 lb bbers.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2020, 12:24:47 PM »
Just start squatting and move to classic physique.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2020, 12:32:50 PM »

I have literally no clue about him... but that won't stop me speculating wildly

Money from Russian Mob invested in Generation Iron to present a legit business front?  Maybe also part of a network smuggling gear from former Soviet-bloc countries..?

Either (or both) of those scenarios are more interesting than him just being another schmoe ...
T

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2020, 12:45:28 PM »
There needs to be a Baggy Gym Pants division.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2020, 02:55:27 PM »
I have literally no clue about him... but that won't stop me speculating wildly

Money from Russian Mob invested in Generation Iron to present a legit business front?  Maybe also part of a network smuggling gear from former Soviet-bloc countries..?

Either (or both) of those scenarios are more interesting than him just being another schmoe ...

"Interesting" "Know what I'm saying?"

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2020, 03:15:54 PM »
Even in his prime hardly anyone would know him.  They would see his physique and know he was huge but know his name?  Nope.

Arnold is probably the only top bodybuilder who people would recognize, and only because of his movies.

What??? Are you for real? Every Olympia level bodybuilder is a household name