Author Topic: What’s Really in Your Bottled Water?  (Read 4884 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: What’s Really in Your Bottled Water?
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2020, 03:17:48 AM »
Tap water is bad.

But so is bottled  water.

Filtered water is better but it filters out minerals.

Remember when the city of Flint was drinking lead and how it killed the population.

So essentially all water is bad. What do you drink?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2020, 03:21:38 AM »
Not quite.

After decades of having its users not pay their water bills, the Flint Water Utility could no longer afford to operate. As a cost savings measure, politicians decided to switch from water supplied by the City of Detroit, to water from the Flint River, while a pipeline to Lake Huron was being built.

The Flint River is of low water quality and required high chlorine doses for disinfection. Leaving water with a high chlorine residual in the water lines promoted the formation of TTHMS and the leaching of lead out of the homeowner’s lead water services. There was an outbreak of Legionnaires disease that killed people, but lead didn’t.

So after decades of not having their customers pay their water bills, the Flint Water Utility did not have the money to replace the lead services lines up to the homeowner’s property line. Of course as many of you know, the homeowner is responsible for replacing their own water service from the property line to their house (which the citizens of Flint did not do).

The result was an increase of lead levels in children, which is harmful and can cause a number of serious health issues. So what happened....the citizens who didn’t pay their water bills and who didn’t replace their part of their water service lines...protested until the taxpayers footed the bill for new lines, new water transmission lines, new water distribution lines, new treatment facilities, bottled water and home filtration units.

That’s a condensed version of what really happened. Understanding the demographics of Flint, MI makes this a lot easier to figure out how something like this could happen.

I am so glad you wrote this. I knew there was more to the story as presented in the MSM and the movies. There always is.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2020, 03:31:36 AM »
I have a well, dont drink the water or cook with it. Testing always shows high bacteria, you always have to be treating it, testing it, etc.
Plus it would taste like Chlorine if drunk after all the treating.

Bottled is probably crap, but safer bacteria wise than the well. I fill those "Primo" 5-gallon jugs (like 5 a week) at the local fill station for $1.95 for 5-gallons.
(So less than 10.00 a week). Not really too concerned how "healthy" it is or isn't at this point. The extra jugs filled w/ sand makes for decent implements for Hillbilly yard lifting, light farmers, etc.

So you think the water from those fill stations are safer than bottled water?

How come most people don't get sick from drinking just tap water? Previous generations drank nothing but tap water and there wasn't nearly as many regulations as there are now. Has anybody's father or grandfather died an early death that can be linked to drinking tap water? My Dad only drank tap water, ate anything he wanted, and for the last 20 years of his life lived also exclusively on Deli foods because he lived alone, didn't cook, and the grocery store was right across the street. He lived to 87 years old and died of a heart attack.

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2020, 03:44:49 AM »
So you think the water from those fill stations are safer than bottled water?

How come most people don't get sick from drinking just tap water? Previous generations drank nothing but tap water and there wasn't nearly as many regulations as there are now. Has anybody's father or grandfather died an early death that can be linked to drinking tap water? My Dad only drank tap water, ate anything he wanted, and for the last 20 years of his life lived also exclusively on Deli foods because he lived alone, didn't cook, and the grocery store was right across the street. He lived to 87 years old and died of a heart attack.

I honestly cant be sure, I just know the well is not (per tests). The Primo station comes (Piped in) from our town water supply, then filtered a few more ways at the filling station.
So at best, its just town water that's treated a bit after the fact. And if not, its just town water. I get a few cases of bottled water a week too, again, Im not too concerned, im just not doing the well thing.  Its a constant hassle to keep treating, testing, treating again, test failed, etc...

My second house, we had town water and just used that for everything.

Plus we've all read the stories "local business pollutes ground water by dumping cancer-causing acetone in the ground for 20 years, harms local wells".

You just wouldn't know.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2020, 04:02:19 AM »
I honestly cant be sure, I just know the well is not (per tests). The Primo station comes (Piped in) from our town water supply, then filtered a few more ways at the filling station.
So at best, its just town water that's treated a bit after the fact. And if not, its just town water. I get a few cases of bottled water a week too, again, Im not too concerned, im just not doing the well thing.  Its a constant hassle to keep treating, testing, treating again, test failed, etc...

My second house, we had town water and just used that for everything.

Plus we've all read the stories "local business pollutes ground water by dumping cancer-causing acetone in the ground for 20 years, harms local wells".

You just wouldn't know.

The only thing I'm concerned about with tap water here in Hawaii is when there is a huge storm or a pipeline breaks and pollution gets into the water supply. Often you won't know until it's too late. I use a filter for my tap. Just for fun I did get a test kit for impurities and it did come out cleaner with the filter. But I don't worry about too much. Actually, not at all. There was a time when I only drank distilled water and actually ran into some problems. I was getting rapid heart beats and getting out of breath. The doctor did a blood test and my electrolyte balance was off. He asked if I did a lot of long distance running and sweated a lot and only drank water. I definitely sweated a ton when doing BJJ . I could literally sit on my knees, lean forward, and a hug puddle of sweat would drip just off my face. Anyway, my doctor told me when you sweat a lot you lose both water and electrolytes. Then when you replace it by just drinking a lot of water you dilute your electrolytes even more. It's rare and it usually happens when someone is running a marathon in hot weather and only drinks water (which is very rare these days). But this condition can be very common if you only drink distilled water.

Like so much I've done in life thinking it was healthy only turned out to be bad for me as well as more expensive.

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2020, 04:59:51 AM »
Couldn’t tell you. I can bench my body weight for almost 30 reps. Fluoride sounds like a concern for a much smaller man.

Look up the full word of fluoride - it has been shortened to sound harmless

There’s a reason why multiple municipalities have banned it from the water supply

The majority of fluoride ends up in the environment

The places where fluoride has been banned have shown to have no higher rates of cavities than places that have kept fluoride in their water

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2020, 05:21:10 AM »
Not quite.

After decades of having its users not pay their water bills, the Flint Water Utility could no longer afford to operate. As a cost savings measure, politicians decided to switch from water supplied by the City of Detroit, to water from the Flint River, while a pipeline to Lake Huron was being built.

The Flint River is of low water quality and required high chlorine doses for disinfection. Leaving water with a high chlorine residual in the water lines promoted the formation of TTHMS and the leaching of lead out of the homeowner’s lead water services. There was an outbreak of Legionnaires disease that killed people, but lead didn’t.

So after decades of not having their customers pay their water bills, the Flint Water Utility did not have the money to replace the lead services lines up to the homeowner’s property line. Of course as many of you know, the homeowner is responsible for replacing their own water service from the property line to their house (which the citizens of Flint did not do).

The result was an increase of lead levels in children, which is harmful and can cause a number of serious health issues. So what happened....the citizens who didn’t pay their water bills and who didn’t replace their part of their water service lines...protested until the taxpayers footed the bill for new lines, new water transmission lines, new water distribution lines, new treatment facilities, bottled water and home filtration units.

That’s a condensed version of what really happened. Understanding the demographics of Flint, MI makes this a lot easier to figure out how something like this could happen.

Racist post reported.   :D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2020, 05:30:16 AM »
This is very thought provoking.

I have done some research and found that our purified and bottled water is literally absent minerals and salts that actually make you retain hydration. I drank a gallon of bottled water and piss all day but feel dehydrated.

Recently started drinking tap water with a sea salt solution and have been feeling like a million bucks on about a liter or so a day.

I buy distilled water and then add these before drinking.  Now I rarely if ever experience muscle cramps anymore and never get lightheaded anymore since I started doing this, which means I stay far more hydrated now than before.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2020, 06:03:19 AM »
I only drink small amounts of (glas-)bottled water.

Most of my fluids come from raw / fermented milk which tastes awesome with honey. Juicing organic celery and cucumbers is also an option for good fluids in the morning.

The mongols used to drink fermented milk with blood which rendered them capable of surviving in an unforgiving, bare environment - not even 200lbs dumbbells would grow in the steppe.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2020, 06:42:52 AM »
Not quite.

Oh, so a thread about bottled water being bad is kind of funny then.

First world problems.

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2020, 06:53:50 AM »
no one ever told you how much to water to drink until they started selling it in bottles
Hahahahaha! So true.

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2020, 07:13:20 AM »

He only drinks his own piss, filtered by his kidneys... No fluoride or parts per trillion whatever in it...

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2020, 07:15:27 AM »

There’s a reason why multiple municipalities have banned it from the water supply

The places where fluoride has been banned have shown to have no higher rates of cavities than places that have kept fluoride in their water

Because a big name means it's not harmless??? That's an interesting scientific observation. Lol

Fluoride is harmless in small quantities,

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2020, 07:15:48 AM »
no one ever told you how much to water to drink until they started selling it in bottles

x2

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2020, 08:07:27 AM »
Because a big name means it's not harmless??? That's an interesting scientific observation. Lol

Fluoride is harmless in small quantities,

Kids are already taking in 2x the recommended amount just by using toothpaste that has it

Why have so many municipalities banned it?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2020, 08:34:47 AM »
Kids are already taking in 2x the recommended amount just by using toothpaste that has it

Why have so many municipalities banned it?

Local legislation is voted on,  hence the bans.

Do you have a percentage of the municipalities that have banned it?

Why is fluoride still in toothpaste?

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2020, 08:50:09 AM »

Fluoride naturally occurs in fruits and vegetables. The safe daily limit by the government is 10 mg/day.
Municipal water typically has background levels of fluoride, or seasonal fluoride dosing to give a residual level between 0.4 - 0.7 mg/L.

Or in other words:
10/0.5 = 20 liters of fluoridated water to get to your daily limit.

As mentioned, in areas without municipal water fluoridation the incidences of higher mouth bacteria and resulting tooth decay occurs.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2020, 09:19:22 AM »
In areas where people have grown up without fluoride in water, their teeth tend to be weaker and decay more.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2020, 10:00:38 AM »
A thread about water....
Water.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2020, 10:05:19 AM »

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2020, 10:09:16 AM »

Cum!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2020, 10:11:11 AM »

I think we would be friends in real life. What you do with my sister is your business.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2020, 10:28:59 AM »
I think we would be friends in real life. What you do with my sister is your business.

This man wants to pack you like a musket!

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2020, 10:37:26 AM »
Fluoride naturally occurs in fruits and vegetables. The safe daily limit by the government is 10 mg/day.
Municipal water typically has background levels of fluoride, or seasonal fluoride dosing to give a residual level between 0.4 - 0.7 mg/L.

Or in other words:
10/0.5 = 20 liters of fluoridated water to get to your daily limit.

As mentioned, in areas without municipal water fluoridation the incidences of higher mouth bacteria and resulting tooth decay occurs.

Hold on a moment - that sounds suspiciously like sound scientific reasoning combined with a dash of armchair logic...

Hmmm....

Gasp!  :o

That can mean only one thing...

Walter Sobchack = Reptilian OverLord = confirmed!

(And I for one am happy to serve under our new World President  ;D)
T

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2020, 10:37:57 AM »
Bottled water is for fags.  Just drink tap water.
a