Author Topic: Does Ronnie Coleman have good genetics ??  (Read 19090 times)

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
Re: Does Ronnie Coleman have good genetics ??
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2006, 10:16:26 PM »
That's a fair assessment. He looks very balanced in the first comparison in this thread though.

Not sure how much more size he can add to his arms. They are among the biggest in the pros. The balance issue is not horribly obvious like Ruhl's missing triceps or Priest poor chest.
"Shut the F up and train"

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2006, 06:34:22 AM »
Ronnie's arms were definately screwed in 2002.  But in 2003, with proper contest prep, they were setting a new standard:

coleman's biceps are not the largest out there (see Markus for that one) but what sets them apart from all the others is the incredible DEFINITION that they have.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2006, 09:57:10 PM »
Ronnie's arms were definately screwed in 2002.  But in 2003, with proper contest prep, they were setting a new standard:

coleman's biceps are not the largest out there (see Markus for that one) but what sets them apart from all the others is the incredible DEFINITION that they have.

This picture illustrates what I was talking about - that is.......Coleman looks like a pancake.
"Shut the F up and train"

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2006, 03:02:54 AM »
His only genetic weakness is his ugly shaped abs....aside from that he looks like he is from another planet!!..His gut looks terrible but that isn't genetics.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2006, 06:57:24 AM »

atrophied biceps my ass.
Flower Boy Ran Away

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2006, 08:38:59 AM »

atrophied biceps my ass.

LOL....Hulkster does not approve of Ronnie Bashing...and how can anyone say Ronnie's biceps are atrophied? They are huge.

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2006, 09:51:42 PM »
This is the most ridiculous thread ever. No, he has all those Sandows because he has poor genetics. Remember, genetics (receptors) also determines how you respond to gear. Freak All around! End of Story.

monte45

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2006, 10:30:01 PM »
:o "does ronnie coleman have great genetics?"  ??!!!      DOES DENNIS RODMAN SMOKE COCK?
hahahha

BrooklynBB

• Getbig II
  • An Impala with the Top Chopped Off...
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2006, 05:37:22 PM »
Once again ... it amazes me that people cannot accept the fact that JAY CUTLER WILL NEVER BE MR. OLYPMIA for as long as RONNIE COMPETES.  Never. 

He has a more complete package, is better balanced and is simply thicker than Jay.  Jay does not come in at 100% conditioning ever. 

If you want to argue peaks, why not point out that Jay is lopsided and never balanced?  Why not point out that Jay never has vascularity up top and is overly ripped in the quads, which overshadows his thighs? 

Guys, forget it: Jay will not win this year, next year, or any other year that Ronnie competes.  It's written in stone, accept it.

jacshelb

• Getbig II
  • "guys in tank tops are assholes"
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2006, 10:30:19 AM »
Ronnie has a short torso which makes him appear even thicker than he is in the upper body.  This is a good thing for bodybuilding genetics.  Also, genetically, he does have a narrow waistline, genetically.  Also, he has thick pecs (when flexed correctly), great round shoulders, huge thighs and huge lats and traps.  All of these things combined give him this incredibly impressive "X" shape.  With the right conditioning, and controlling his stomach, Ronnie is definately a deserving champ and does have great genetics.  But, of course, he isn't perfect- his abs for one thing.  But, what great Mr. O was known for great abs?  Dorian, Arnold etc. all had short torsos which gave them the four pack as oposed to the traditionally accepted 6 pack.  Just goes to show the advantage that a shorter torso gives.

I do think Jay at his best should beat Ronnie when Ronnie is off.  But, structurally, Ronnie does have the advantage.  Jay is a large dude who more than pays his dues. Ronnie is a genetic superior (as is Jay in different ways) who also works very hard, but has flaws: sometimes in conditioning, posing, and a few genetically.  But, that's the "sport" of bodybuilding: you hope and plan that you come in at your best and your competition doesn't.

J.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2006, 03:07:52 PM »
I keep reading how Ronnie is blessed with great genetics. I just cant see it. I think he looked good at the 1998 olympia, although i would have given the trophy to Flex Wheeler. Since 1998 i think he has gone downhill. His gut is a disgrace. I think he has bad genetics for parts such as triceps, especially the outer tricep. Genetically his abs are terrible, with a big hole in the middle of them. His biceps are very peaky but from the front they are way small. Nothing like the big round tennis ball shape that cormier has. His calves are weak, especially compared to yates.
Am i the only one out there who has this opinion?

Maybe you shoul dlook up the word "genetics" in the dictionary! I cant beleive you asked that question! lol.. Hes a MONSTER.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2006, 09:23:54 PM »
i would say ron is the only bodybuilder that can come to O and take it at 245lb now days. his muscles are very very very big and then some. try to think about it....take runner up O at 275lb and take ron and put him at 245lb and ron will still LOOK bigger. he as phenominal genetics for bodybuilding
fallen angel

jacshelb

• Getbig II
  • "guys in tank tops are assholes"
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2006, 11:14:45 PM »
i would say ron is the only bodybuilder that can come to O and take it at 245lb now days. his muscles are very very very big and then some. try to think about it....take runner up O at 275lb and take ron and put him at 245lb and ron will still LOOK bigger. he as phenominal genetics for bodybuilding

That's a good point.  Of course, this is only the case if he is dead on at 245 like he was at the 2001 Arnold.  He has great genetics, period.  I remember seeing him in pictures from his early Olympia contests.  I kept thinking to myself (looking at his most muscular shots) "How is this guy placing 15 or 16?!"  He looked great then. I think he said he entered his first O weighing 215!  This was way before he was placing well, but he still looked great.  Hell, all the top guys have EXCELLENT genetics.  There's not a guy on the Olympia stage who has "bad" genetics.

Jacob

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2006, 01:13:13 PM »
Maybe you shoul dlook up the word "genetics" in the dictionary! I cant beleive you asked that question! lol.. Hes a MONSTER.

absolutely... Ron is the king!

hardest core

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2006, 09:45:04 PM »
who's MR OLYMPIA ?????????????????????????????????????

End of story.................

InsightD

• Getbig II
  • There is power in numbers.
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2006, 12:22:37 AM »
someone post some back shots, notice the hams glutes all the way up... then rename the thread "Is Ronnie Coleman a human being?"
[-_-]

BallzDeep69

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2006, 12:53:41 AM »
Yes, Ronnie Coleman is infact a genetic abnormanlity.  He's had those biceps since he was 12. 

Cutler is a farmer, he should have done something like MMA instead just like Matt Hughes (also a farmer), whom I respect highly. 

BallzDeep69

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2006, 01:06:44 AM »
Ronnie has the muscle building gene equivelant of the Silver-back Gorilla!