Author Topic: How many of you are going to voluntarily get the COVID vaccine?  (Read 12987 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
The CDC is already pushing to make it mandatory for certain groups (Healthcare workers and residents within long term facilities).

So far, the federal government hasn't stated that it would make it a mandatory vaccine Nationwide, nor have individual state governments said anything of the sort.

Vaccines are scheduled to arrive in the states by December 15th and are supposed to be free for everyone.

I'm opting to not receive it. How many of you plan to get vaccinated?

"1"

Henda

• Getbig V
Re: How many of you are going to voluntarily get the COVID vaccine?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 01:49:11 PM »
Not voluntarily and will have to be forcibly given it if it’s made mandatory

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 01:53:36 PM »
The CDC is already pushing to make it mandatory for certain groups (Healthcare workers and residents within long term facilities).

So far, the federal government hasn't stated that it would make it a mandatory vaccine Nationwide, nor have individual state governments said anything of the sort.

Vaccines are scheduled to arrive in the states by December 15th and are supposed to be free for everyone.

"1"

You'd have to be insane to take that vaccine. The first mRNA vaccine ever? And then there's the development timeline. It typically takes 5 years of testing just to prove the safety of any new vaccine. This will be the thalidomide of our time. And finally, with a 99.7% survival rate for this flu, we need to take it why?

But I am all in favor of Getbig's left wingers to get in line, lol

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 01:54:39 PM »
mike meth head wants it

line on up!!

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 02:33:04 PM »
I will get it towards the end of next year prior to travelling overseas, and only as it will, be a mandatory condition to travel.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2020, 02:37:45 PM »
I will get it towards the end of next year prior to travelling overseas, and only as it will, be a mandatory condition to travel.

That's how it will start for sure. Then schools.

I won't be taking it until forced to.

No chance in hell it's safe.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2020, 02:39:00 PM »
How in the world could they ever mandate something that hasn't been tested long term?

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2020, 02:40:28 PM »
Not voluntarily and will have to be forcibly given it if it’s made mandatory

This^

I will not take it. They would have to literally come to my house and try force me.

epic is back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2020, 02:44:59 PM »

part 141 private pilot license

you have choices

beechcraft plane has long enough range

can travel through the blue spruce route

wake up bro

Chubz

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2020, 02:48:40 PM »
This^

I will not take it. They would have to literally come to my house and try force me.

They won't have to, they will just start taking your shiny things, then your job will require you to, then they will take your kids, but don't worry its safe you tin foil hat wackadoodle, getting it? No stopping it.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2020, 02:49:48 PM »

"1"

I haven't decided yet. That it hasn't stood the test of time has me somewhat concerned. On the other hand, I have at least one factor of higher risk, which is my age. Otherwise I am in perfect health with no negative heart, respiratory, or immune system considerations. I am definitely not prone to virus infections as I have never suffered symptoms of the flu. I have had pneumococcal pneumonia in the past when I worked at an elementary school where there is increased exposure, but it is not a virus, it is a bacterial infection of the lungs.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2020, 02:50:41 PM »
I'm not against vaccinations.

However, until this vaccine has been tested in large populations I won't get it.

That may be years away.

epic is back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2020, 02:50:49 PM »
those who have a "Job" will submit yes

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2020, 03:04:24 PM »
I'll show up and ask for Anadrol instead. It might work.
a

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2020, 03:07:45 PM »
No tanks, mitta Braithwaite.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2020, 03:12:56 PM »

"1"

Vaccine is a long time off but I prob will.  It's going to be well tested before its released
A

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2020, 03:13:45 PM »
Nope... never.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2020, 03:16:59 PM »

Exactly. They'll figure out different incentives to take it and disincentives to not take it which will, for all intents and purposes, make it mandatory.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2020, 03:17:15 PM »
How in the world could they ever mandate something that hasn't been tested long term?

This. I'm not opposed to it, but I won't be rushing out to be the first in line for it either.  I was reading a chart a few weeks ago with development times for certain big vaccines. From serious study to a generally regarded as a safe vaccine, the development time ranged from 10 - 25 years on average. Even though we've made advancements, I'm not totally trusting something that's had maybe 10 months in development. 

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2020, 03:22:12 PM »
I’ll take it as soon as it’s available.   I don’t want to get Covid and I’m tired of the damn masks.

epic is back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2020, 03:25:16 PM »
they will wear them even after the vaccine

forest through the trees sir

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2020, 03:32:16 PM »
My issues with getting it are as follows:

This is a "first of its kind" vaccine as mRNA has never been used for vaccines. If you can program human cells to develop antibodies against this disease, what would poorly handled or possibly mutated mRNA vaccines lead to?

It's taken less than a year to develop, when most vaccines take upwards of 10+ years to develop in a safe manner.

We have NO long term data regarding the possible adverse effects.

We, the people of the USA, are literally going to serve as the proverbial guinea pigs.

With statistics showing that over 98% of the people, who in the USA, have gotten COVID have ALSO recovered, why would I not give my body a chance to fight it off? With a 98% chance of recovery, I'd say the odds are great. I suffer from no comordities, why chance it with an unpredictable vaccine when my immune system has been quite effective all of my life?

The vaccine won't cure COVID or eliminate it, it will simply make your body better able to cope with the disease. In other words, you can still and very likely will get covid.

There's no guarantee that it will provide protection for more than a few months. They're trying to figure out if this will become a yearly necessity like the flu vaccine.

Lastly, media outlets like CNN and snakes in the grass like Bill Gates are campaigning HARD for people to get it. This last fact alone makes me cringe.

"1"

epic is back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2020, 03:40:11 PM »
after everything that happened this year,

all coincidence right?

you get this shit in your body you deserve  it

you don't know how long they took to develop it

could have been ready to go long time ago

there is no such thing as truth

but I know what isn't true

Chubz

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2020, 03:48:38 PM »
after everything that happened this year,

all coincidence right?

you get this shit in your body you deserve  it

you don't know how long they took to develop it

could have been ready to go long time ago

RIGHT THE FUCK ON!!!!!! READ THIS SHEEPLE AFTER EVERYTHING THAT HAS HAPPENED THIS YEAR!!!!!!!, oh hahaha it's just merely a quinkidink!

This year has proven how stupid and weak people are, they follow and do not ask questions! or they are married weak girls and do as their Karen wives tell them to. RIP Masculinity

there is no such thing as truth

but I know what isn't true

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2020, 04:25:01 PM »
My issues with getting it are as follows:

This is a "first of its kind" vaccine as mRNA has never been used for vaccines. If you can program human cells to develop antibodies against this disease, what would poorly handled or possibly mutated mRNA vaccines lead to?

It's taken less than a year to develop, when most vaccines take upwards of 10+ years to develop in a safe manner.

We have NO long term data regarding the possible adverse effects.

We, the people of the USA, are literally going to serve as the proverbial guinea pigs.

With statistics showing that over 98% of the people, who in the USA, have gotten COVID have ALSO recovered, why would I not give my body a chance to fight it off? With a 98% chance of recovery, I'd say the odds are great. I suffer from no comordities, why chance it with an unpredictable vaccine when my immune system has been quite effective all of my life?

The vaccine won't cure COVID or eliminate it, it will simply make your body better able to cope with the disease. In other words, you can still and very likely will get covid.

There's no guarantee that it will provide protection for more than a few months. They're trying to figure out if this will become a yearly necessity like the flu vaccine.

Lastly, media outlets like CNN and snakes in the grass like Bill Gates are campaigning HARD for people to get it. This last fact alone makes me cringe.

"1"

You make some valid points. I read the Chinese vaccine was made the traditional way of using an inactive virus the same as a flu shot. My daughter who is a doctor of pharmacology was explaining the methods used in the American vaccine saying it was cutting edge and it was the quickest way to come up with an effective vaccine.  She spoke at length with a lot of it going over my head. She said it's very effective but added this. Many will get very sick for a day or two after getting it.  I guess that's better than catching a bad case of covid though the virus seems to be naturally weakening like SARS did. Two family member just had it. One 70 and one 30 years old. I would describe it as a bad chest cold. Both were feeling much better after a week. I guess they have natural anti bodies now and could fight off a reinfection contributing to herd immunity.  I will get the vaccine because about four years ago I ended up in the hospital with pneumonia.  I would be in trouble at my age if I had covid and it turned into pneumonia.