Author Topic: TRY THIS!  (Read 3131 times)

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
TRY THIS!
« on: April 20, 2006, 01:39:36 PM »
Most of the time when I see people train throughout the week, they ALWAYS start MONDAY with their favorite or strong point body parts. Usually chest or arms. Towards the end of the week, they train the weaker bodyparts. Usually legs, calves, abs.
Here's the problem. Mentally it's always easier to RESTART then to keep going. In other words, ususally by the end of the week, the ENTHUSIASM for working out wanes on Thursday and Friday because most people are ready to PARTY for the weekend.
RESULT: You might not train your weaker bodyparts as INTENSE as you stronger ones.So switch it. I hate doing Hamstrings and abs. So I train them on Monday. I love training Quads, so I do that on Friday. Consequently you are MORE apt to keeping up the INTENSITY because you are training a bodypart near the end of the week that you LIKE TO DO.

Think about it.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
Re: TRY THIS!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 02:52:16 PM »
Or you could just train each bodypart more than once a week.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 06:53:39 PM »
Or you could just train each bodypart more than once a week.
That wasn't the POINT. Let's say you do what you said. Train each bodypart 2 times a week. So let's just say you train chest and arms on Monday and Thursday. Then Shoulders and Hamstrings on Tuesday and Friday. If you're enthusiasm for training wanes near the end of the week, you'd STILL have the same problem.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 11:45:04 AM »
Oldschool does have a point whether you psychologically realize it or not.  As the week goes you run your body down.  Hitting your week parts early in the week is a smart idea.

Another way is to go 3 on 1 off 2 on 1 off for a seven day program.  Hit your weakest body part on monday and thursday because you have sunday and wed as rest days. I will actually be trying this shortly because I think 5 days on 2 days off is to  much. 

MAI TAI LORENZ

• Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 12:48:38 PM »
the point was missed. most people let thier ego's get in the way of thier progress. training chest at the begining of the week, i see that all the time in the gym. the guy will train chest and arms like a mad man and come the second half of the week he'll come up with some excuse to not do the weeker body parts. and training twice a week doesnt solve the problem.

jandal.ninja

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 01:41:13 PM »
Building a muscular physique will always involve more mental work and dedication than physical effort, so with what MAI TAI LORENZ  has said is correct.

the point was missed. most people let their ego's get in the way of their progress. training chest at the beginning of the week, i see that all the time in the gym. the guy will train chest and arms like a mad man and come the second half of the week he'll come up with some excuse to not do the weaker body parts. and training twice a week doesn't solve the problem.

You always wanna blast or do your best bodypart first and having a lifetime of the bodyclock saying 'Friday is the end of the week' it's hard to shake.

Every pro will always try and develop their weaker points harder then their best so it can 'catch-up' - training it at the begging of the week could give the added edge.
Its a mind game more than physical.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 03:29:19 AM »
the point was missed. most people let thier ego's get in the way of thier progress. training chest at the begining of the week, i see that all the time in the gym. the guy will train chest and arms like a mad man and come the second half of the week he'll come up with some excuse to not do the weeker body parts. and training twice a week doesnt solve the problem.
Consequently, you hear the old adage, BUT THE GUY AIN'T GOT NO LEGS! In almost any gym I've been in, it's RARE to see someone blasting legs on a MONDAY, but all the bench pressing and curls are going on. My hamstrings are a weak bodypart on me so on MONDAY's I hit them with all the enthusiam cause I "feel" it's a new week. They are now at least showing signs of progress.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 07:29:58 AM »
Consequently, you hear the old adage, BUT THE GUY AIN'T GOT NO LEGS! In almost any gym I've been in, it's RARE to see someone blasting legs on a MONDAY, but all the bench pressing and curls are going on. My hamstrings are a weak bodypart on me so on MONDAY's I hit them with all the enthusiam cause I "feel" it's a new week. They are now at least showing signs of progress.

Leg day today (monday).....MUAHHAHAHAHAHA..... ..already starting the mind games.....

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 07:34:08 AM »
Im hitting full body at the moment, but i start the routine with legs,heavy squats 1st today.i was gonna do them at teh end,but im sure id find an excuse not to so i put them 1st.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 12:50:08 PM »
Hmmm good stuff.    I do legs one day, cardio the next.  Upperbody oneday, cardio the next. then start over.     Its a 1 on  1 off and it works great.    True.....everyone was benching and curling today. LOL