Author Topic: Dexter Jackson looking small, Brandon Curry looking unimpressive 5 days out  (Read 7210 times)

NickEdge779

• Getbig III

Dexter at 1:55

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
Curry's legs actually shrunk. I see Heath winning.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Why would they unveil their physiques before the contest?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
#1 - Curry has never impressed me at all.  While I do not like Phil - his physique or attitude - he will probably place ahead of Curry.  Though I hope he still doesn't win.

#2 - At the 1:38 point of comparing Phil's changes over the years... that last photo looks like a grenade went off in his stomach.  It's a bulging fucked up mess.

#3 - They show their condition off prior to the contest so they can have some excuse for bombing on the day of the show... Oh I got sick, I had food poisoning, a hand bag strap damaged my eye, ninjas jumped me... etc.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Curry makes a shitty Mr. O !!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Curry makes a shitty Mr. O !!

Flexatron and Phil do too.

Ronnie was funny, created catch phrases and sound bites.  Not to mention the thickest muscle on stage.
Jay was the golden boy image.  He was likeable and came across well on the cam.

The last three have been shithead bracelet thieves, rapists, and Charles Glass after upping the dose. 

Stakkers

• Getbig II
Still no idea how or what rhoden was thinking a month after winning the olympia , has his girlfriend and baby uo on stage with him, he is fucking a figure competitor in a hotel room.

Now he has that lauralie chapados hangin gh off him 24 fuckking 7. She must have shit for brains getting involved with him.

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
Why would they unveil their physiques before the contest?

To build excitement and anticipation. I recall getting super excited in the weeks leading to a top pro show. The current crop lack charisma I think. There is no sense of order to follow it's all chaotic or that's how it seems to me.

Bonac is doing the show. Top 3 and maybe a big upset???

TheOne

• Getbig III
I want Dexter to win and go out in style!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
everything will change by show time,water,carbs,pump,god knows what ese'tricks'wise.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
To build excitement and anticipation. I recall getting super excited in the weeks leading to a top pro show. The current crop lack charisma I think. There is no sense of order to follow it's all chaotic or that's how it seems to me.

Bonac is doing the show. Top 3 and maybe a big upset???
When Dorian released those crazy black and white photos before the Olympia it psyched everyone out.  I have never seen that effect again.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Curry carries himself very well online, as opposed to Phil who is like a toddler. If that is the real Curry or if it's a studied approach, if he might even have been coached on it is another matter.

Curry is extremely good. The one glaring negative is that his muscle has a blurry, thick skinned look. This is hard to fix as it's genetic, though a better look might be achieved temporarily if he gets extremely dehydrated etc.

However, if Phil is as good as when he left it's over and it's hard to think Phil would come back if he's way off, as Dennis and others have said. I'd think he'll pull out over some fake illness in the last days before if it looks like they won't be able to pull it off. All this talk about his stomach is something that's been perpetuated by the fans who heard it somewhere else. Yes, it could be better but it's not as bad as most make it out to be imo. I had Phil beating Rhoden last time out. The stomach is very unlikely to have improved, likely only gotten worse. Breathing control is something he could have worked on. We will see.

Last year I had Hadi winning actually. No one in the top had that hard as nails look.

Ramy is cursed with this "he never nails it" idea. Like I've said here before, I think he's been in excellent shape several times. It's not a guru issue. What if he pretty much nailed it as well as he could already, ever think of that? He hasn't won the O yet because of aesthetic considerations, not conditioning so much, imo.

Look at Hadi vs Curry

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Currys legs are not much better than Franco's

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
I want Dexter to win and go out in style!

Dexter is done when he started training with Brad Rowe and that stupid machine that dick head pushes around “to feel the muscles work more”  ::)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Curry carries himself very well online, as opposed to Phil who is like a toddler. If that is the real Curry or if it's a studied approach, if he might even have been coached on it is another matter.

Curry is extremely good. The one glaring negative is that his muscle has a blurry, thick skinned look. This is hard to fix as it's genetic, though a better look might be achieved temporarily if he gets extremely dehydrated etc.

However, if Phil is as good as when he left it's over and it's hard to think Phil would come back if he's way off, as Dennis and others have said. I'd think he'll pull out over some fake illness in the last days before if it looks like they won't be able to pull it off. All this talk about his stomach is something that's been perpetuated by the fans who heard it somewhere else. Yes, it could be better but it's not as bad as most make it out to be imo. I had Phil beating Rhoden last time out. The stomach is very unlikely to have improved, likely only gotten worse. Breathing control is something he could have worked on. We will see.

Last year I had Hadi winning actually. No one in the top had that hard as nails look.

Ramy is cursed with this "he never nails it" idea. Like I've said here before, I think he's been in excellent shape several times. It's not a guru issue. What if he pretty much nailed it as well as he could already, ever think of that? He hasn't won the O yet because of aesthetic considerations, not conditioning so much, imo.

Look at Hadi vs Curry
I always said before this jump in mass last few yrs curry was “blurry curry”

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Dexter is done when he started training with Brad Rowe and that stupid machine that dick head pushes around “to feel the muscles work more”  ::)

That may have been a smart idea on Dexter’s part. Maybe his joints were getting beaten up. I remember a couple years ago, it had looked like he had torn a bicep. It was noticeably bruised.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
That may have been a smart idea on Dexter’s part. Maybe his joints were getting beaten up. I remember a couple years ago, it had looked like he had torn a bicep. It was noticeably bruised.

It wasn't torn, he has had a few of these oil filling mishaps occurring. His calves are also permanently damaged from too much Synthol. Lots of pros have these withered gastrocs after abusing their calves. I doubt he trains any different with the "machine".
I tabsolutely certain he is getting paid to be filmed hooked up to the machine. I wonder what that unit costs.

Dexter isn't as good as most say IMO, especially now. But people like the fact that he is old and still at it.

I especially don't think his conditioning is spectacular as everyone says, and NO ONE else is saying this lol.

Compare Dexter's conditioning to Ramy, who "never comes in shape". Is it really as spectacular and superior as they say? Looks real blurry and thick skinned to me lol. Should he beat Ramy?

Fortress

• Getbig V
... a handbag strap damaged my eye ...

Haha

I remember that.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
It wasn't torn, he has had a few of these oil filling mishaps occurring. His calves are also permanently damaged from too much Synthol. Lots of pros have these withered gastrocs after abusing their calves. I doubt he trains any different with the "machine".
I tabsolutely certain he is getting paid to be filmed hooked up to the machine. I wonder what that unit costs.

Dexter isn't as good as most say IMO, especially now. But people like the fact that he is old and still at it.

I especially don't think his conditioning is spectacular as everyone says, and NO ONE else is saying this lol.

Compare Dexter's conditioning to Ramy, who "never comes in shape". Is it really as spectacular and superior as they say? Looks real blurry and thick skinned to me lol. Should he beat Ramy?

That’s because dexter paid his dues, at this point he’s physique looks tired and worn out. He’s 51, so that’s understandable

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
This is Ramy's time.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
This is Ramy's time.

I hope you are right.  If Ramy is 90% of his best and judged fairly, he should win. 

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011

What is this "machine" you are talking about.

POB

• Getbig IV
Dexter looks pretty big for being 100

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
What is this "machine" you are talking about.

Neufit.

An electrical stmulation machine you use while training. Bunch of pros been using it, no doubt for some cash.
It's a bulky unit on wheels lol. Looks expensive.

Da Freak

• Getbig IV
  • Get BIG! Or DIE trying!