Author Topic: Dexter Jackson looking small, Brandon Curry looking unimpressive 5 days out  (Read 7203 times)

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
It wasn't torn, he has had a few of these oil filling mishaps occurring. His calves are also permanently damaged from too much Synthol. Lots of pros have these withered gastrocs after abusing their calves. I doubt he trains any different with the "machine".
I tabsolutely certain he is getting paid to be filmed hooked up to the machine. I wonder what that unit costs.

Dexter isn't as good as most say IMO, especially now. But people like the fact that he is old and still at it.

I especially don't think his conditioning is spectacular as everyone says, and NO ONE else is saying this lol.

Compare Dexter's conditioning to Ramy, who "never comes in shape". Is it really as spectacular and superior as they say? Looks real blurry and thick skinned to me lol. Should he beat Ramy?

I often wonder about this gastroc issue, as I've run into myself, having never injected anything into that area.  My assumption has always been nerve damage due to disc issues in the back.

Ronnie had it noticeably as well, and was definitely trying to cover it up at certain points.  His lower legs have practically withered away to nothing now  :-\

Doug Brignole, who has been posted about on here before also has it occurring.

Air Falcon

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
I often wonder about this gastroc issue, as I've run into myself, having never injected anything into that area.  My assumption has always been nerve damage due to disc issues in the back.

It might have to do with back issues, I don't know. Just seems to happen a lot to guys who shot up their calves. I could be wrong.

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
When Dorian released those crazy black and white photos before the Olympia it psyched everyone out.  I have never seen that effect again.

I have that photoset printed and hanging in my garage to this day. I've probably had them since I was 16 and they still blow my mind and remind me to give 100%.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
If it's anywhere close, Dex, should win.

Notice that I said, close. I don't want a sympathy win, but the dude has been Ken Griffey Jr. For the past 20 years.

Shawn Ray was better.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
People complain of politics in bb but they are ready to give Dex a win for "long thong service", a political gift. Not because he's the best, because he's 51 years old! Dex has gotten a large number of 50th birthday gifts already.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
People complain of politics in bb but they are ready to give Dex a win for "long thong service", a political gift. Not because he's the best, because he's 51 years old! Dex has gotten a large number of 50th birthday gifts already.
Isn't That the fun of watching the Olympia?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Neufit.

An electrical stmulation machine you use while training. Bunch of pros been using it, no doubt for some cash.
It's a bulky unit on wheels lol. Looks expensive.

Same shit gimmick that Dillett used to push back in the Musclemag International and Flex magazines wayyyy back when.   Everything old is new again.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
I'm amazed Dexter Jackson is still alive.  Guy must have bionic kidneys.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
Same shit gimmick that Dillett used to push back in the Musclemag International and Flex magazines wayyyy back when.   Everything old is new again.

Yup.  The fleecing of idiots is big business.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I have that photoset printed and hanging in my garage to this day. I've probably had them since I was 16 and they still blow my mind and remind me to give 100%.

The most impressive pictures of a bodybuilder I have ever seen. It's not just the size but the density hardness quality of the muscle. Zero soft bloat like we see today.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
It might have to do with back issues, I don't know. Just seems to happen a lot to guys who shot up their calves. I could be wrong.

That oil has to kill muscle tissue. Maybe that's what we see in these deteriorations. Surprised there isn't more amputations.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Bruce Lee was advertising it back in the 70's.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
Dex is a first ballot Hall of Famer in the bodybuilding
World. People make jokes like he isn't shit etc...

Top 10 of all time. You could make an argument for top five.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V

Another possibility often overlooked is piriformis syndrome. Hypertrophy of the piriformis muscle in the glutes can cause permanent impingement on the sciatic nerve and cause muscle weakness in the legs- and especially the calf. It is often mistaken for sciatica which originates in the spine.  I've had it and it is brutal. At first I was told to stretch the muscle - and that did nothing. The solution was to contract it to shorten it. I now do a number of body weight exercises that eliminate the pain.

I have read of some track cyclists actually having surgery to cut some of the piriformis muscles to take pressure off the sciatic nerve. I can imagine a bodybuilder working the glutes  too much can get the same syndrome.

https://www.piriformis-pain.com/piriformis-weak-leg/

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V

Same thing seems to have happened to Dennis Wolf's calves too.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
That oil has to kill muscle tissue. Maybe that's what we see in these deteriorations. Surprised there isn't more amputations.

https://www.ergo-log.com/synthol-demolishes-muscle-tissue.html

There does seem to be evidence for that. But it doesn't seem to happen in all cases or even maybe in most cases. Seems all pros use Synthol to some extent. Jay certainly did in his arms and I suspect Phil does in his delts. But what is so destructive about MCT oil per se? Whether a pro uses Synthol or not he is certainly injecting tons of oil from gear alone. One of the issues a pro bber has is running out of locations to injected all that gear. Why waste those areas on "dead oil". Does MCT oil have some special muscle enhancing effect that say, Grape Seed or Cotton Seed oil does not? If it does then why not just brew gear with MCT oil?

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011

Though Dex was never a dominating bber in the way Arnold, Haney, Dorian, and Coleman was, taking his whole career into account he is one of the greatest bbers that has ever lived. I don't think there will ever be another bber that has accomplished as much as he has.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
Long Thong Service? Copyright that shit. It could be a restaurant, massage parlor, or just a shitty dry cleaning establishment.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
Though Dex was never a dominating bber in the way Arnold, Haney, Dorian, and Coleman was, taking his whole career into account he is one of the greatest bbers that has ever lived. I don't think there will ever be another bber that has accomplished as much as he has.
Thank you for that post, Pellius. I'm not sure if enough people know of his career.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

I had back issues this summer , real bad sciatica, my calf literally stopped working, I couldnt lift my heel off the floor on that one leg, I lost a shit load of size on my calf, its coming back but I dont think it will ever be as good as it used to be

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s

Top 5 haha get the fuck out of here

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s

I agree, but dexter has gotten the leisure of competing against the worse era in bbing. When rhoden and curry are both O winners, something is wrong

Still not taking anything away from dexter especially competing at a high level in your early 50’s

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Why waste those areas on "dead oil". Does MCT oil have some special muscle enhancing effect that say, Grape Seed or Cotton Seed oil does not? If it does then why not just brew gear with MCT oil?

From what I've read it's metabolized slower so it sits longer in the muscle. Plus some Synthol products contain silica to extend it further, IIRC.

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
https://www.ergo-log.com/synthol-demolishes-muscle-tissue.html

There does seem to be evidence for that. But it doesn't seem to happen in all cases or even maybe in most cases. Seems all pros use Synthol to some extent. Jay certainly did in his arms and I suspect Phil does in his delts. But what is so destructive about MCT oil per se? Whether a pro uses Synthol or not he is certainly injecting tons of oil from gear alone. One of the issues a pro bber has is running out of locations to injected all that gear. Why waste those areas on "dead oil". Does MCT oil have some special muscle enhancing effect that say, Grape Seed or Cotton Seed oil does not? If it does then why not just brew gear with MCT oil?

Screw synthol u have the body and genetics that you have messing around with oils and all this BS is a big reason bbing has been on the decline. I mean we all remember Boston Loyd and his gear shooting Bonanza on youtube. THATS NOT BODYBUILDING. I don't care if a small group of idiots think otherwise. And that whole scene has made this sport look incredibly bad.

Anyway as per the synthol calf thing I was always told never shoot calves as they are full of veins and nerves. Go introducing a bolus of thick oil that takes months to clear if ever creating pressure on said nerves and blood vessels and expect the worst.

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out

Another possibility often overlooked is piriformis syndrome. Hypertrophy of the piriformis muscle in the glutes can cause permanent impingement on the sciatic nerve and cause muscle weakness in the legs- and especially the calf. It is often mistaken for sciatica which originates in the spine.  I've had it and it is brutal. At first I was told to stretch the muscle - and that did nothing. The solution was to contract it to shorten it. I now do a number of body weight exercises that eliminate the pain.

I have read of some track cyclists actually having surgery to cut some of the piriformis muscles to take pressure off the sciatic nerve. I can imagine a bodybuilder working the glutes  too much can get the same syndrome.

https://www.piriformis-pain.com/piriformis-weak-leg/

Did you actually have atrophy in the calves when this occurred?  Not familiar with this syndrome, and it’s interesting to consider. 
Air Falcon