Author Topic: Trump threatens to VETO new Covid stimulus bill  (Read 4631 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Trump threatens to VETO new Covid stimulus bill
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2020, 08:48:11 AM »
How many people have you employed?

How is this relevant?

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2020, 08:51:57 AM »
How is this relevant?

Okay....how many people has Joe Biden legally employed in private sector business?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2020, 12:09:49 PM »
Okay....how many people has Joe Biden legally employed in private sector business?

I'll take the bait. But, I have no idea what the answer is and why it has any bearing on Trump shortchanging his employees and the contractors he hired. Just as it would not be entirely relevant to this conversation if I asked you how many times has Biden filed bankruptcy....which by the way is zero times.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2020, 09:42:07 PM »
I wish we had single issue bills.  If all of these things like foreign aid were separate bills they would never get passed.  The Covid relief bill should be for citizens only.

This is why central banks will be splitting out basal income (which will be COVID relief) and forming it as part of their responsibility under the money supply vs the politicians stimulus packages.

A global pandemic where 98% of us are being belted and at huge risk to losing everything and the politicians are playing games. It’s utterly insane.

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2020, 10:49:49 PM »
I think people should get off their ass and work for money and exchange  it with others (reciprocate)

Not beg or create reasons why they can’t ( germs , fear, discrimination ect ect ect

How would they get the free stuff if everyone just did nothing like they choose ?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2020, 11:18:07 PM »
I think people should get off their ass and work for money and exchange  it with others (reciprocate)

Not beg or create reasons why they can’t ( germs , fear, discrimination ect ect ect

How would they get the free stuff if everyone just did nothing like they choose ?

Right. But, maybe a person really has to be there to fully appreciate what it's like to not know where your next meal is coming from or if you'll still have a roof over your head when you get home from a long day looking for a job. Thankfully, I am not speaking from experience but from a feeling of just a little empathy for those far less fortunate than I am.

Although, there was that time when I was eighteen and found myself with only .25 in my pocket and no immediate prospects of getting myself out of the situation I'd put myself in. I'd made a promise not to ever ask my mom or stepdad for help because having only recently moved out, it would be far too humiliating. I'd like to report that some magical job materialized and I bailed myself out...like in the movies. Such was not the case. I used the 25 cents to call my rich aunt and ask for a loan. She wired me some "stop gap" money to get me by for a short while. A few days later, I landed a job and eventually was able to pay my aunt back.

This was in the early 1960's. There was no pandemic and the economy was pretty good. What's going on right now makes being down and out much more prevalent and also makes harder for those who are to recover. In the 60's a noticeable percentage of the population in this country wasn't living in cardboard boxes and jerry-rigged tents alongside the freeways.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2020, 11:18:17 PM »

LOL @ the thought of The Duke of Dementia employing people.  ;D

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2020, 11:22:51 PM »
This is why central banks will be splitting out basal income (which will be COVID relief) and forming it as part of their responsibility under the money supply vs the politicians stimulus packages.

A global pandemic where 98% of us are being belted and at huge risk to losing everything and the politicians are playing games. It’s utterly insane.

Tell me about it.  Great post.  Honestly, during the first three months of this hyped pandemic, I really thought this may be a global issue akin to being hit by aliens, that may actually unite people into working for common interests.  Not that I'm in any way idealistic, but I just thought it would be nice if that happened.  Mainly because I thought this was a pandemic, and not a political issue.

But for that to happen, COVID would have to be a REAL threat.  And a 99.7% survival rate for people under 70 is not a real threat.  This is a real virus that has been massively exploited for political gain, and to make the super rich even richer, in a way that I've never seen before.  In Canada, it looks like Indigo will go bankrupt, because I'm pretty sure they will be shut down starting on December 26th or 27th, along with all other "non-essential" businesses.  Meanwhile, Indigo is a pretty big company - but it seems to me like they will get bought up and absorbed into Amazon.  It's looking like only the absolute wealthiest of the wealthy corporations are getting richer, and the small and medium enterprise sector is being gutted, along with even some of the smaller corporations taking major losses.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2020, 03:48:31 AM »

politicians have chosen the path to lock things down and therefore are responsible for ensuring the welfare as a result of their actions.

Basal income is adjusted over a period of time where it can be balanced out against production from paid jobs. There will be different forms of doing this of which one will be a ‘work subsidy’ for certain industries where they say to employers, if you hire someone for 5 days a week, we will pay for 2 of those days. This is how you keep production intact.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2020, 04:54:50 AM »
politicians have chosen the path to lock things down and therefore are responsible for ensuring the welfare as a result of their actions.

Basal income is adjusted over a period of time where it can be balanced out against production from paid jobs. There will be different forms of doing this of which one will be a ‘work subsidy’ for certain industries where they say to employers, if you hire someone for 5 days a week, we will pay for 2 of those days. This is how you keep production intact.

:D

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2020, 08:40:03 AM »
I'll take the bait. But, I have no idea what the answer is and why it has any bearing on Trump shortchanging his employees and the contractors he hired. Just as it would not be entirely relevant to this conversation if I asked you how many times has Biden filed bankruptcy....which by the way is zero times.

So what you’re saying is people who suckle at the teat of government their entire life, like you, really have zero credibility in criticizing people who are out in the working world running businesses and employing people.

Fuck off you disgusting, lonely, sad old know-it-all queer...your white trash family despise you.

epic is back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2020, 08:47:30 AM »
X10

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2020, 09:12:56 AM »
If Trump genuinely wanted a 2k check for Covid relief then why didn't he lift a finger during negotiations to make that happen. 

He did this because he knew the GOP wouldn't go for it (they just voted  against it)

It was nothing more than a cynical move to make his own party look bad (he's pissed at them because they wouldn't support his coup). 

He doesn't give a rats ass about helping anyone ...most certainly anyone suffering due to Covid or the shutdown.

Hell, he didn't even bother hiding the fact that he hated having to do rallies in little shit hole towns.  He actually stood in front of a microphone and told people that.

He's nothing more than a whiny little crybaby TRAITOR

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2020, 09:34:32 AM »
If Trump genuinely wanted a 2k check for Covid relief then why didn't he lift a finger during negotiations to make that happen. 

He did this because he knew the GOP wouldn't go for it (they just voted  against it)

It was nothing more than a cynical move to make his own party look bad (he's pissed at them because they wouldn't support his coup). 

He doesn't give a rats ass about helping anyone ...most certainly anyone suffering due to Covid or the shutdown.

Hell, he didn't even bother hiding the fact that he hated having to do rallies in little shit hole towns.  He actually stood in front of a microphone and told people that.

So you think the covid bill that was proposed was a good option for citizens of America?

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2020, 10:08:35 AM »

President Donald Trump (the greatest President in the history of the United States) has made Nancy Pelosi and the Democrat morons look like absolute idiots (which they are) over how they used the COVID relief as nothing more than a lame duck political ploy.

And HAIRPLUGS BIDEN isn’t really sure what COVID is, but he wants him and Hunter to get their usual 20% cut.

Pelosi would fall for anything as long as she thinks she can blame President Donald Trump (the greatest President in the history of the United States) in some senile way. Not even a spoiled 5 year old brat would make a spectacle out of trying to tear up the SOTU speech...but senile old Nancy, leader of the liars and hypocrites, couldn’t help herself!

#YOUASKEDFORBIDEN

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2020, 11:19:10 AM »
$2000 will double most Getbigger salaries. :-[

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2020, 11:28:58 AM »

Yet he helped more people than any other president in modern history.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2020, 11:59:21 AM »
Libatards sending billions of $$ to foreign countries, but only a small portion to their own citizens and also illegals...way to go  ::)
K

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2020, 12:55:22 PM »
So you think the covid bill that was proposed was a good option for citizens of America?

It could be better but if Trump genuinely wanted to give Americans 2k he would have been involved in the negotiations or at the very least made sure Mnuchin was pushing for that.

THE TRAITOR never mentioned it the entire time negotiations were going on

He only did this to BLOW UP the legislation knowing full well that the GOP would never go along with 2k

And that is exactly what just happened so now EVERYONE IS SCREWED

That's exactly what the vindictive little crybaby wanted.

He's basically burning down the house as he leaves town

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2020, 01:01:17 PM »
I told you guys that they just print money when they need it. America would be a debt collector's dream.

And when we can't pay it back.....We go to war!

History repeats itself.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2020, 01:22:02 PM »
It could be better but if Trump genuinely wanted to give Americans 2k he would have been involved in the negotiations or at the very least made sure Mnuchin was pushing for that.

He only did this to BLOW UP the legislation knowing full well that the GOP would never go along with 2k

Listen Trump is who he has always been, so getting upset because he’s telling another “lie” when he’s going to be gone in a few weeks really shows how much space he has in your head.... Because if you think an economic stimulus bill of $600 a person while billions were being giving away to other nations (and it would also become a felony to illegally stream movies) was helping America in the midst of the pandemic then you are completely blinded to reality.

Call out Trump and Republicans but don’t act like the Left and Democrats are above reproach.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2020, 01:39:33 PM »
Listen Trump is who he has always been, so getting upset because he’s telling another “lie” when he’s going to be gone in a few weeks really shows how much space he has in your head.... Because if you think an economic stimulus bill of $600 a person while billions were being giving away to other nations (and it would also become a felony to illegally stream movies) was helping America in the midst of the pandemic then you are completely blinded to reality.

Call out Trump and Republicans but don’t act like the Left and Democrats are above reproach.

You are correct

That’s the thing about these guys siding with one party, they can do no wrong

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2020, 02:26:20 PM »
I agree the government wastes our money (at least those of us who pay taxes). They've done it since I can remember. Legislators historically fight for pork that will make their voters happy whether it makes financial sense or not. there are many military bases open this very day that are unnecessary but Senators fight for their continued existence because of the jobs and income they provide. So there is no argument in my view that our government on both sides are guilty of wasting our money.

I also know that Trump confused the Covid Relief package with the Omnibus annual budget. I believe he doesn't know the difference just as I believe many here don't. It's unfortunate they attached the Covid Relief to the regular budget as it causes confusion for many.

I question many of the spending items in the Omnibus budget as well. But I also recognize I don't know or have access to all the information. Why are we sending 100 million to Cambodia for example? What's the original reason? What is the unintended consequences if we stop? Those are questions that need to be asked and answered.

Addressing Trumps 11th hour announcement. He's a twat, he's always been a twat. The Democrats wanted 2000 from the start. They ended up at $600 because that's the best they could get from the Republicans. Trumps representatives were at the table the entire time. They should spoken up then. But then Trump wouldn't get to play hero. So now he's playing golf while this awaits his action. Jerk move all around.

Trump has been President 4 years.. He had the house and senate in the beginning. All these payments he has been complaining about have been going on for years. Why NOW is he so concerned?

epic is back

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2020, 03:16:32 PM »

You need 600 bucks that bad ?

I thought this was about germs

Not the price of last nights dinner at 1000 north in Jupiter

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2020, 03:33:44 PM »
I question many of the spending items in the Omnibus budget as well. But I also recognize I don't know or have access to all the information. Why are we sending 100 million to Cambodia for example? What's the original reason? What is the unintended consequences if we stop? Those are questions that need to be asked and answered.

Exactly.

Even pre-Covid we had no business funding all these shithole countries. That's not our job. I'd like to see where this money really goes. Kickbacks galore and making the governments overseas wealthy while they still treat their citizens like trash.

That's how i feel about our government these days, they do not put us first, they haven't in decades. Take those billions and distribute to needy families and businesses. We need better schools, not gender studies in Pakistan. ::)