Author Topic: Workout/Routine advice from the GetBig community  (Read 25163 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
Re: Workout/Routine advice from the GetBig community
« Reply #150 on: March 26, 2021, 12:35:32 PM »
Your max is whatever your max is at the time you try, not your max from 25 years ago.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: March 26, 2021, 12:39:21 PM »
I used to be able to bang out reps on the bench w 315 when I was in my thirties.  Now, I rarely go over 225 , if I bench at all.   For some reason, I feel a strain in the shoulder and know if I try to get back up to 315 for reps, I'll likely rip or tear something.   Not worth it just to get a big number up there any more.   

See what I'm saying?  I'm not going to gain anything trying to max out bench but would likely get a tear or injury and not be able to train.  Just not worth it. 

I train my fng balls off almost daily, just smarter.  No crossfit bs w the kipping and oly lifts w a barbell, etc.  No dumbass movements you see all over the place.   

You'll get no argument from me. No matter what we do to take good care of our bodies we still get old. If humans were machines we'd age only while we were in operation. In humans activation is at birth and the passage of time is primarily what ages us. We can speed this process because of poor health habits. We cannot stop it no matter what we do.

When it comes to weight training and exercise, you have a very sensible approach, accepting that which you cannot change. You will probably still be training when you are 76 years old, like me. Without a doubt, you'll adapt your routine to accommodate what your body can handle at that point.

Some people ignore their natural aging process and throw the weights around haphazardly as they did as youths. Bill, a fellow I knew from the gym who was younger than me, wrecked his shoulders, tearing ligaments, tendons and his deltoid muscles multiple times because of sloppy lifting habits including continuously shooting for the max weight. His doctor finally told him that if injured either of his shoulders again they couldn't be repaired. No matter what anyone advised him, he'd revert to making the same mistakes.

Johnholmes

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #152 on: March 27, 2021, 10:12:37 AM »
only a homo takes time off training. swallow some more pain killers.  ::)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #153 on: March 27, 2021, 12:28:51 PM »
Onemorerep, I can only give you my humble opinion.

Exercise can become an addiction, not unlike many others. People usually start having issues when they over think  things.

I Harkin to the famous phrase "mid-life crisis".

What got you to where you are? This advice is equal to both natural and enhanced athletes.

Up the dose?

Onemorerep, I want to know what your specific goals/wants/needs.

No homo.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #154 on: March 27, 2021, 12:32:32 PM »
Of all people here - you would do yourself well to get a fitness addiction. 

7 am today - I did an hour straight w 100 ops sandbag and 5 gallon Gerry cans. 

10 squat curl press and throw and 200 meter farmer carry. 

Repeat for 60 minutes. 

What did you do ?

Onemorerep, I can only give you my humble opinion.

Exercise can become an addiction, not unlike many others. People usually start having issues when they over think  things.

I Harkin to the famous phrase "mid-life crisis".

What got you to where you are? This advice is equal to both natural and enhanced athletes.

Up the dose?

Onemorerep, I want to know what your specific goals/wants/needs.

No homo.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2021, 12:42:08 PM »
Of all people here - you would do yourself well to get a fitness addiction. 

7 am today - I did an hour straight w 100 ops sandbag and 5 gallon Gerry cans. 

10 squat curl press and throw and 200 meter farmer carry. 

Repeat for 60 minutes. 

What did you do ?
I did have a fitness addiction. It usually doesn't turn out well. Especially without genetics and steroids.

Soul, you are definately addicted to many aspects of life. Working out, politics, devil worshipping (lawyer) and failure to open a water bottle during a Mets game.

That was caught on camera, seen by millions of people. I'd be worried about the GoRuck Mafia.

You might as well enroll in the Fitness Protection Program.

You could end up shoveling shit on Dana Lynn Bailey's farm. Better than being dead.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2021, 01:10:10 PM »
I look at it as 1 a hobby.  And 2 something you do like taking a shower and poop daily.   It’s your adulting job to stay in shape.

I did have a fitness addiction. It usually doesn't turn out well. Especially without genetics and steroids.

Soul, you are definately addicted to many aspects of life. Working out, politics, devil worshipping (lawyer) and failure to open a water bottle during a Mets game.

That was caught on camera, seen by millions of people. I'd be worried about the GoRuck Mafia.

You could end up shoveling shit on Dana Lynn Bailey's farm. Better than being dead.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: March 27, 2021, 01:13:55 PM »
I look at it as 1 a hobby.  And 2 something you do like taking a shower and poop daily.   It’s your adulting job to stay in shape.
You might need some help. How long have you been working out this consistently?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: March 27, 2021, 01:14:43 PM »
You might need some help. How long have you been working out this consistently?

34 years and counting.

Seek help fat boy.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: March 27, 2021, 02:12:15 PM »
34 years and counting.

Seek help fat boy.
I sense an immense amount of anger bottled-up inside of you.

It's up to you to twist the cap off.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #160 on: March 27, 2021, 03:49:00 PM »

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #161 on: March 27, 2021, 03:58:40 PM »
Up the dose you gay pussy!

...hope this helps!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: March 27, 2021, 04:54:01 PM »
I sense an immense amount of anger bottled-up inside of you.

It's up to you to twist the cap off.

It’s as simple as this.  I love training.   It’s my hobby. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: March 27, 2021, 05:40:16 PM »
Shizzo. 

It’s not that hard - you are on bodybuilding site arguing w a guy who has lifted religiously for 3 decades  while you have not. 

I’ve trained my balls off for track and field , martial arts , bodybuilding , endurance events , when it comes to this realm you are not in even the same galaxy as I am. 

The same goes for people who play guitar , have other hobbies etc who devoted decades to something. 

When it comes to training - just stop talking. 

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #164 on: March 27, 2021, 06:03:25 PM »
As an aside, I always hear the word muscular endurance but what exactly is the adaptation? With strength training you know the adaptation is that the fibers get bigger and stronger but with endurance training do they actually get tougher, more callused? I’m not talking about aerobic adaptations which is increased mitochondria and capillarization. I’m talking about actual toughness of the muscle fibers.

I’ve tried  to find research on this on the inter-web but have been left wanting.

If strength training was the magic bullet olympic lifters and power lifters would have fantastic thighs. Many do but most nothing compared to bodybuilders. A muscle grows best for lack of a better term from muscular endurance training and that's what bodybuilding is. When I talk about muscular endurance training I'm talking about bodybuilding and not endurance cardio type training.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2021, 06:22:20 PM »

I like everything you say in your post, but particularly that last sentence.  People who can't be bothered disgust me with their lack of discipline/willpower
T

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: March 27, 2021, 06:26:04 PM »
I like everything you say in your post, but particularly that last sentence.  People who can't be bothered disgust me with their lack of discipline/willpower

Amen brotha

Shizzo has zero discipline.   None.   Nada. Pathetic and sad.  That’s why he is fat and weak.

Guess what - every am when it was 15 degrees ?   F you ! I was out there training in freezing cold.   Rain ?   F you !  I was out there banging it out.  Rep after rep.

Zero tolerance for mentally weak lazy shitheads who troll this board. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: March 27, 2021, 06:27:57 PM »
Amen brotha

Shizzo has zero discipline.   None.   Nada. Pathetic and sad.  That’s why he is fat and weak.

Guess what - every am when it was 15 degrees ?   F you ! I was out there training in freezing cold.   Rain ?   F you !  I was out there banging it out.  Rep after rep.

Zero tolerance for mentally weak lazy shitheads who troll this board.

Shizzo lives in Florida right ?   Lol.  Let see his fat ass get up at 4 am in 15 degrees and train.    Never gonna happen.   That’s why he is a disaster and mess

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: March 27, 2021, 06:33:32 PM »
Shizzo lives in Florida right ?   Lol.  Let see his fat ass get up at 4 am in 15 degrees and train.    Never gonna happen.   That’s why he is a disaster and mess

Although I can't outright say it to people, at the moment I am particularly sick of people who say that they've struggled with their weight in "lockdown"

Struggled with what you fat f*cks?  Struggled not to shovel food into your f*cking faces?!

*Sigh*
T

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: March 27, 2021, 06:43:55 PM »
Although I can't outright say it to people, at the moment I am particularly sick of people who say that they've struggled with their weight in "lockdown"

Struggled with what you fat f*cks?  Struggled not to shovel food into your f*cking faces?!

*Sigh*

It’s pathetic.   Bunch of fat lazy slobs making excuses. 

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #170 on: March 28, 2021, 06:56:15 AM »

*Sigh*

Yes their Obesity (pre-existing genetic condition outside their control) had a flare-up.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: March 28, 2021, 07:02:05 AM »
Yes their Obesity (pre-existing genetic condition outside their control) had a flare-up.

Or lazy disgusting refusal to train regularly.   Always an excuse for these bums.   

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #172 on: March 28, 2021, 08:01:49 AM »

*Sigh*

I have not been to the gym in over a year but maintained my muscle mass and even lost weight (didn’t really need to but can’t complain).

Purchased a crap ton of resistant bands, some dumbbells, and a hybrid bike.
X

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: March 28, 2021, 08:16:14 AM »

Haha like fuck

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: March 28, 2021, 08:25:47 AM »
It’s pathetic.   Bunch of fat lazy slobs making excuses.

I have not been to the gym in over a year but maintained my muscle mass and even lost weight (didn’t really need to but can’t complain).

Purchased a crap ton of resistant bands, some dumbbells, and a hybrid bike.

Like all GetBiggers, I manage a large team, so back in the office I was forced to attend those pointless 'social' gatherings where I thinly veiled my contempt for the way they gorged on the sh1t food they brought in, before giving the happy birthday/sad you are leaving/congratulations* speech and GTFOT (getting the f*ck out of there) for 'an important call'

*delete as applicable

There are no excuses now, so people's gluttony is laid bare - if you put weight on during lockdown, it is all on you*

*Obviously this does not apply to GetBiggers, as we all have iron willpower

T