Author Topic: Workout/Routine advice from the GetBig community  (Read 25218 times)

Henda

• Getbig V
Re: Workout/Routine advice from the GetBig community
« Reply #175 on: March 28, 2021, 08:39:11 AM »
Like all GetBiggers, I manage a large team, so back in the office I was forced to attend those pointless 'social' gatherings where I thinly veiled my contempt for the way they gorged on the sh1t food they brought in, before giving the happy birthday/sad you are leaving/congratulations* speech and GTFOT (getting the f*ck out of there) for 'an important call'

*delete as applicable

There are no excuses now, so people's gluttony is laid bare - if you put weight on during lockdown, it is all on you*

*Obviously this does not apply to GetBiggers, as we all have iron willpower

It’s always the same with these fat stinking cunts mate feeling the need to reward even the slightest bit of effort like flushing the toilet or turning off a tap with a high calorie sugary treat, fucking repulsive pigs

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #176 on: March 28, 2021, 08:43:57 AM »
It’s always the same with these fat stinking cunts mate feeling the need to reward even the slightest bit of effort like flushing the toilet or turning off a tap with a high calorie sugary treat, fucking repulsive pigs

As usual, you show me exactly what I was really thinking  ;D  Note to self: For 2021, I need to get to the f*cking point like this

Thanks man, hope you and the Henda tribe are well  8)
T

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #177 on: March 28, 2021, 09:17:15 AM »

Reminds me of an office where I used to work. The fat broads were always looking for some reason to throw a party.

“Marge had her bunion removed. Break out the donuts!”

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: March 28, 2021, 10:11:05 AM »
Reminds me of an office where I used to work. The fat broads were always looking for some reason to throw a party.

“Marge had her bunion removed. Break out the donuts!”

This!

It's the fat chicks that make a public show of 'drinking enough water and hydrating properly' because they suffer from 'water retention' (oh brother)

And when offered food in public they say things like 'I'm being good thanks' but they are magicians too - I test them by running a snack drawer full of chocolate and cakes, etc. and let them help themselves.  And it empties almost every day even though none of them are ever seen eating them!  They must sneak the sh1t out to the toilet or something
T

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #179 on: March 28, 2021, 11:12:24 AM »

Here is what I did today.

With a 25lb weight vest

Air bike for 5min x at 12 calories per min pace

1/4 mile fast walk. Around 3.5 minutes.   

Repeat for 60 minutes w zero rest.   No rest at all. 

Soaked by the end.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: March 28, 2021, 11:15:39 AM »
This!

It's the fat chicks that make a public show of 'drinking enough water and hydrating properly' because they suffer from 'water retention' (oh brother)

And when offered food in public they say things like 'I'm being good thanks' but they are magicians too - I test them by running a snack drawer full of chocolate and cakes, etc. and let them help themselves.  And it empties almost every day even though none of them are ever seen eating them!  They must sneak the sh1t out to the toilet or something

Whenever I go to Dunkin for coffee  I get black no sugar.   The fat land whales get these massive sugared up drinks w whipped cream and all sorts of nonsense.   And they wonder why they are fat ?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: March 28, 2021, 11:39:09 AM »
Haha like fuck

Imagine that - I’m on a fitness lifting website and actually dedicated to training and lifting.   Go figure  ;)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: March 28, 2021, 11:45:05 AM »
This is not a criticism. It is just my observation that people can be cruel to other folks even when they don't actually know them. Do you ever wonder why this is?

Have you noticed that there seems to be a certain amount of animosity toward people who we don't personally know who are obese. This is rather curious since these people have done nothing personally to offend us. It is not like obesity is contagious.

My mom, who was trim her entire life, frequently commented unkindly about other women's figures, specially if they were overweight. I don't recall my stepdad ever doing this. He was not fat, but he also didn't have an athletic physique. I am guilty of judging people because of their weight and occasionally think unkind thoughts. Is this a carryover from having a parent who was critical of others who had less than terrific figures or is it just human nature?

No doubt some Getbig members are not in great physical condition. Some are probably obese or somewhat overweight. Since it is fairly rare for folks to post photos here, there is really no way of knowing how fit or unfit they are, unless they make mention of it.

It occurs to me that just because Getbig is billed as a bodybuilding and fitness website and blog, not everyone posting here has the same interests. Some folks may be hoping to get tips relating to bodybuilding and diet, etc. Others are just fans.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: March 28, 2021, 12:32:50 PM »
I have a lot of obese friends - every single one - eats like crap and lies about it.  And 2 is too lazy to exercise daily. 

The criticism is warranted almost all of the time.

This is not a criticism. It is just my observation that people can be cruel to other folks even when they don't actually know them. Do you ever wonder why this is?

Have you noticed that there seems to be a certain amount of animosity toward people who we don't personally know who are obese. This is rather curious since these people have done nothing personally to offend us. It is not like obesity is contagious.

My mom, who was trim her entire life, frequently commented unkindly about other women's figures, specially if they were overweight. I don't recall my stepdad ever doing this. He was not fat, but he also didn't have an athletic physique. I am guilty of judging people because of their weight and occasionally think unkind thoughts. Is this a carryover from having a parent who was critical of others who had less than terrific figures or is it just human nature?

No doubt some Getbig members are not in great physical condition. Some are probably obese or somewhat overweight. Since it is fairly rare for folks to post photos here, there is really no way of knowing how fit or unfit they are, unless they make mention of it.

It occurs to me that just because Getbig is billed as a bodybuilding and fitness website and blog, not everyone posting here has the same interests. Some folks may be hoping to get tips relating to bodybuilding and diet, etc. Others are just fans.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #184 on: March 28, 2021, 01:21:51 PM »
I like everything you say in your post, but particularly that last sentence.  People who can't be bothered disgust me with their lack of discipline/willpower

It's true.

If you have a family, you owe it to them to be in shape for a variety of reasons, including setting an example.
Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: March 28, 2021, 01:46:30 PM »
It's true.

If you have a family, you owe it to them to be in shape for a variety of reasons, including setting an example.

I am friends w a few people from HS on fakebook who post all sorts of pictures of kid’s wife , etc.  but never ever in a pic themselves.  Why ? Because they are massive.  Like well north of 300 lbs of lard.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: March 28, 2021, 01:47:32 PM »
I have a lot of obese friends - every single one - eats like crap and lies about it.  And 2 is too lazy to exercise daily. 

The criticism is warranted almost all of the time.

Maybe. How do your obese friends unhealthy habits negatively affect you? Do they complain to you about their inability to get in shape? Are you embarrassed to be seen with them? Do you criticize them to their face or is it just internal dialog?

I have a good friend and former co-worker who is enormous. He'd frequently do something like start a diet or join a gym and then not follow through or he would give up too soon.  Because he'd tell me when he was starting a diet or joining a gym, I invested in his endeavor by encouraging him and asking how it was going. When he'd bail on these positive choices, I felt let down. In retrospect, this was stupid since nothing he did or does really impacts me in anyway. He has a lot of good qualities. An ability to get fit isn't one of them.

Have you ever been shopping when someone who is almost as wide as the aisle, cluelessly stands in the middle of it, blocking everyone's passage. In my head, I'm thinking, 'would you move your fucking fat ass out of the way'. In reality, I am much more polite and ask if I can get by. No doubt there are times when my annoyance comes through anyway.  :)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #187 on: March 28, 2021, 01:53:40 PM »
Maybe. How do your obese friends unhealthy habits negatively affect you? Do they complain to you about their inability to get in shape? Are you embarrassed to be seen with them? Do you criticize them to their face or is it just internal dialog?

1)They insult my intelligence by lying about their diet habits.

2)They don’t complain they just delude themselves by acting like they’re really dieting but they’re not.

2)Yes

4)Answers 1,2 &3 are really past tense as at this point I don’t associate with people who don’t care about their physical fitness.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: March 28, 2021, 01:54:35 PM »
As usual, you show me exactly what I was really thinking  ;D  Note to self: For 2021, I need to get to the f*cking point like this

Thanks man, hope you and the Henda tribe are well  8)

Haha glad to help mate

Good as can be my friend can’t complain hope same for you and the family

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: March 28, 2021, 02:16:39 PM »

Because it's funny and we can  ;D

How do your obese friends unhealthy habits negatively affect you?

Do they complain to you about their inability to get in shape?

Are you embarrassed to be seen with them?

Do you criticize them to their face or is it just internal dialog?

Have you ever been shopping when someone who is almost as wide as the aisle, cluelessly stands in the middle of it, blocking everyone's passage. In my head, I'm thinking, 'would you move your fucking fat ass out of the way'. In reality, I am much more polite and ask if I can get by. No doubt there are times when my annoyance comes through anyway.  :)

I have no fat friends - that would be unacceptable, and yes I would be embarrassed to be seen with them

Your question about internal dialog is kind of answered by your last comment - I'm not rude in real life either - I mean, how far would we all get if we went 'full GetBig' mode to members of the general public? LOL  Here's a clue to how I approach life

T

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #190 on: March 28, 2021, 02:18:45 PM »

Whenever I go to Dunkin for coffee  I get black no sugar.   The fat land whales get these massive sugared up drinks w whipped cream and all sorts of nonsense.   And they wonder why they are fat ?

I think Starbucks etc. have played a big role in the "obesity epidemic", there is some dense food there.  Land-whales go there every morning and get a "Venti" Frappuccino with whipped cream and syrup and a blueberry muffin the size of a softball, ask them what they eat for breakfast and "Oh not much, just a coffee and a muffin"...which total to ~1000 calories.

But it's not really Starbucks fault, if they didn't exist the land-whales would just stuff their face with something else equally calorically dense.

I still think the best way for your average fatass to lose weight is stop drinking anything except water (and black coffee if you must).  I bet the average obese drinks at least 1000 liquid calories a day.  Cut that out and you can lose a ton of weight and don't even have to change what you "eat" at all.

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: March 28, 2021, 02:21:31 PM »
1)They insult my intelligence by lying about their diet habits.

2)They don’t complain they just delude themselves by acting like they’re really dieting but they’re not.

2)Yes

4)Answers 1,2 &3 are really past tense as at this point I don’t associate with people who don’t care about their physical fitness.

I could have saved 3 minutes typing my post to just agree with all of this  8)

T

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: March 28, 2021, 02:31:45 PM »
Yes.   Always asking for advise and never follow it.

I have a good friend and former co-worker who is enormous. He'd frequently do something like start a diet or join a gym and then not follow through or he would give up too soon.  Because he'd tell me when he was starting a diet or joining a gym, I invested in his endeavor by encouraging him and asking how it was going. When he'd bail on these positive choices, I felt let down. In retrospect, this was stupid since nothing he did or does really impacts me in anyway. He has a lot of good qualities. An ability to get fit isn't one of them.

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: March 28, 2021, 02:47:30 PM »
Yes.   Always asking for advise and never follow it.

Christ this - or even worse, f*cking arguing with it...

"I think women's hormones make it difficult
The scales must be broken
I don't need to write down everything I eat
I feel faint if I don't eat at least some sugar
My friend says XXXXX is important
I deserve a treat
Why don't you recommend XXXX?
I get terrible cramps if I don't eat enough
Genetics...
Genetics...
Genetics..."

XXXX is usually the latest 'super-food' (smh)

Nobody wants to hear that:
a) it's your fault you're fat
b) you will be hungry sometimes
T

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: March 28, 2021, 02:58:53 PM »
“I need my pasta “

“I have a back injury “.

“The doctor chiro told me not to do x y z”

“Last diet didn’t work for me “

“I’m getting a new trainer “

“I ordered a peloton bike “.

“I just don’t like the classes at the gym “

“My work schedule is so busy lately “.

You fng name it. 

Christ this - or even worse, f*cking arguing with it...

"I think women's hormones make it difficult
The scales must be broken
I don't need to write down everything I eat
I feel faint if I don't eat at least some sugar
My friend says XXXXX is important
I deserve a treat
Why don't you recommend XXXX?
I get terrible cramps if I don't eat enough
Genetics...
Genetics...
Genetics..."

XXXX is usually the latest 'super-food' (smh)

Nobody wants to hear that:
a) it's your fault you're fat
b) you will be hungry sometimes

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: March 28, 2021, 03:18:19 PM »
“I need my pasta “

“I have a back injury “.

“The doctor chiro told me not to do x y z”

“Last diet didn’t work for me “

“I’m getting a new trainer “

“I ordered a peloton bike “.

“I just don’t like the classes at the gym “

“My work schedule is so busy lately “.

You fng name it.

Soul Crusher

I think you and I have a lot in common - so I just added you to my buddy list (nh)

It's pretty exclusive, just me, you, Kwon and robcguns (thus far, other members are pending)

And I have no f*cking clue what it means either, so don't ask  ;D
T

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: March 28, 2021, 03:31:07 PM »

Some of us are lucky I guess. I put half and half in my coffee; order an occasional Chai Latte or Chai Frappuccino w/whipped cream at Starbucks; -eat buttered popcorn and other treats like Ghirardelli dark chocolate bars, wheatless peanut butter cookies from a local bakery and Turkish coffee ice-cream. And yet I stay slim at 5'10" and somewhere between 170 and 175 lbs. with a 32" waist and 44" chest measurement, which is nothing special, but far better than having a 40" waist and a 32" chest.

For some reason, sugary foods don't do it for me. Never have. Even when I was a kid I'd scrape the frosting off birthday cake and just eat the cake. But I am a firm believer that artificial sweeteners are the downfall of overweight people, some of who drink gallons of zero calorie soft drinks on a daily basis. 

Back in the day when I was trying to get big I'd have multiple protein shakes most days and if I was lucky, after several months and countless workouts, I may have added 10 lbs. of supposed muscle weight....or so I would like to think. LOL!.

Did you know that it is possible to ingest too few calories? Supposedly, doing this causes the body to respond by slowing the metabolism which in turn can actually cause weight gain. I've never tried it, so I have no idea if it is a bogus theory or not, but I know some doctors hold it to be true. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #197 on: March 28, 2021, 03:31:36 PM »
Here is what I did today.

With a 25lb weight vest

Air bike for 5min x at 12 calories per min pace

1/4 mile fast walk. Around 3.5 minutes.   

Repeat for 60 minutes w zero rest.   No rest at all. 

Soaked by the end.

Did 5 rounds of airdyne sprints for 12 cal in 26 seconds, followed by 10 - 20/b side MB slams....repeat 5 sets.  Good way to end the workout.

The airdyne is vicious.
Y

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: March 28, 2021, 03:35:12 PM »
It's true.

There is nothing wrong with setting a good example specially for your kids, but most people will get in shape because they make that choice themselves. If they don't want it, it just won't happen.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: March 28, 2021, 03:38:40 PM »
I am friends w a few people from HS on fakebook who post all sorts of pictures of kid’s wife , etc.  but never ever in a pic themselves.  Why ? Because they are massive.  Like well north of 300 lbs of lard.

That's massive! If I weighed that much, I wouldn't let anyone with a camera near me, much less post my picture on social media, unless I was 7' tall and built.