Author Topic: Grymko's Back/Chest Course from 1978  (Read 12865 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Grymko's Back/Chest Course from 1978
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2006, 01:42:28 PM »
I think it shows respect for another person's intellectual property by obtaining permission before posting something online.  I have to admit I'm a bit put off by those who gave me a hard time  for showing this respect, especially since I didn't have to share it at all but did.  I did so not for the sarcastic ingrates
Midnightrambo illustrating that he is indeed out of touch. No one was serious-except you. Very friendly, my paranoic one.  ;)

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2006, 09:25:47 PM »
Keith,

Thanks! Grymko was very candid about his use of steroids. How refreshing...

Great website BTW.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2006, 12:08:09 AM »
Keith,

Thanks! Grymko was very candid about his use of steroids. How refreshing...

Great website BTW.

Yes he is very candid.  He has told me unreal stories about his use.  He once came to Hawaii to guest pose.  He was about 12 pounds over his competiton weight.  He liked to guest pose as good as he looked when he competed.  So he asked to be not disturbed for two days.  He said he never left them room and was talking something introveinously.  Well he came tothe show at exactly 264 and wowed the crowd.  He told me his song he guest posed with but I can't remember.  But it was very high energy.  Has anyone here seen Pete guest pose and any pictures.  He used to tell me the stuff he took but I can't remember.  The thing I do remember is how he told me he would do morphine so that he wouldn't feel the pain of the pump so he could do more reps.  He was a nut.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2006, 08:38:55 AM »
Midnightrambo illustrating that he is indeed out of touch. No one was serious-except you. Very friendly, my paranoic one.  ;)

Yeah, you're welcome too....

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2006, 10:06:26 AM »
Keith, thank you for taking care of posting the Grymko course on your website.  I think Grymko's knowledge/contributions should be out there for as many as possible. Also, cool website, I highly recommend everyone check it out.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2006, 09:08:30 AM »
Yea, that is a true story, Keith. I was the one that took him to his hotel room and "locked him in for a couple of days". I don't know what the hell he did but when he came out of that room, he was a completely different bodybuilder and went on to bring down the house that evening.

I've had a few interesting conversations with Pete and I can honestly state that he is definitely one of the most interesting guys to talk with about bodybuilding and its history. (Especially his personal involvement with it and his road to success!)

I hope to write a book about those times someday!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2006, 12:18:41 PM »
Yea, that is a true story, Keith. I was the one that took him to his hotel room and "locked him in for a couple of days". I don't know what the hell he did but when he came out of that room, he was a completely different bodybuilder and went on to bring down the house that evening.

I've had a few interesting conversations with Pete and I can honestly state that he is definitely one of the most interesting guys to talk with about bodybuilding and its history. (Especially his personal involvement with it and his road to success!)

I hope to write a book about those times someday!

Yes I know I was with you and Pete when you guys talked about that.  STunt, start telliing some stories.

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2006, 06:08:26 PM »
Awesome course by Grymko!!!Recommend everyone here to read it.I agree w/pretty much everything Grymko has written in this article.Definitely doesn't seem to be ghost written training advice you get today in the bb'ing rags.Sets would be high for a natty trainer but each their own.The man gave very sound advice.Thanks again guys for this gem!
Went through your site history on you onlyme & 1st time i've read your story.Unreal!!!Damn insects huh?Glad to hear your back.

Bodies

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2006, 01:55:33 AM »
Dunno, I'm a lawyer but not a copyright lawyer.  Since onlyme has a relationship with Grymko, I scanned the course and sent it to him.  He offered to post it and deal with Pete which I appreciated.  Regardless of the letter of the law, I think it shows respect for another person's intellectual property by obtaining permission before posting something online.  I have to admit I'm a bit put off by those who gave me a hard time  for showing this respect, especially since I didn't have to share it at all but did.  I did so not for the sarcastic ingrates (see many of the posts above) but because I think Pete was ahead of his time and he deserves the respect of modern bodybuilders today.  I'm sorry so few people can appreciate that.

MidnightRambo and Onlyme - Thanks for posting the course!  And Midnight - you were right to show the respect that you did.  I was just frustrated at not being able to view the material because it was so intriguing.  I was dying to get a look at Grymko's diet/training philosophy!  Your contribution is appreciated!

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2006, 08:19:43 AM »
MidnightRambo and Onlyme - Thanks for posting the course!  And Midnight - you were right to show the respect that you did.  I was just frustrated at not being able to view the material because it was so intriguing.  I was dying to get a look at Grymko's diet/training philosophy!  Your contribution is appreciated!

You're welcome!  I'm glad you enjoyed it.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2006, 10:02:09 AM »
Keith, I'd love to write the real shit but Pete told me to wait a while or run the risk of being put out of commission by neferious culprits (whatever that means).

I'd like to write a book with you and Pete and a couple of others about this crazy world we call bodybuilding, but it's a bit too early and most wouldn't believe it anyway.

Someday though - we gotta do this! I'll ask Chris H for a bulletproof vest and then start off with Chapter 1.