Author Topic: Ron's tough interview with Wayne DeMilia  (Read 32444 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

MB

• Getbig IV
Re: Ron's tough interview with Wayne DeMilia
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 09:23:42 AM »
Good interview.  If I didn't know any better, I would think that Ron is totally against the PDI from the tone of his questioning.  I can understand some people being skeptical, but this is Wayne Demilia, the most accomplished promoter in pro bodybuilding history.  He has to build everything from the ground up, but don't be surprised if he succeeds because he gets it, he puts the fans first, runs a first class show and still knows how to make a profit.  AMI seems to only think about the making a profit part. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 09:27:30 AM »
I'm actually pretty happy that it wasn't a cupcake interview.   Ron admitted he is involved in NPC/IFBB things, and came at Wayne repeatedly with some tough and persistent Qs.  I think Wayne answered them, too.

The funniest part is the hatred that many people here toss at the PDI when the first show is FIVE MONTHS AWAY!  They say they're not threatened, then spend hours bashing it.  You don't spend time bashing something you don't consider a worthy adversary.  Right, Chick? ;)

Joe Roark

• Expert
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 09:34:52 AM »
Night of Champions was the first pro show other than the Mr. Olympia. Up into that time, the only pro show was the Mr. Olympia ...

Actually the IFBB Pro Mr. Universe was in 1975.

CAPTAIN MARVEL

• Getbig II
  • The World's Mightiest Mortal
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 09:45:41 AM »
Ron sounds like an idiot in this interview
SHAZAM!

walking sculpture

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 10:01:23 AM »
Ron sounds like an idiot in this interview

I'll second that. I don't understand the reason for the attack....

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 10:08:02 AM »
Is this a misprint?

"When Ben Weider said goodbye to me, I said goodbye to me. "

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 10:15:43 AM »
Is this a misprint?

"When Ben Weider said goodbye to me, I said goodbye to me. "

Kevin, you feel honored that wayne mentioned you?

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006, 10:22:27 AM »
Kevin, you feel honored that wayne mentioned you?

Why, are you upset that you were not?

Cool Black Clyde

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006, 10:23:10 AM »
The funniest part is the hatred that many people here toss at the PDI when the first show is FIVE MONTHS AWAY!

5 months isn't very long when many guys diet 4 months or longer for a show.  That means a lot more names had better start committing next month at the latest.  Time is ticking away.  I suppose it's possible someone pushing 40 could diet for Europa in August or the Atlantic City show and feel they get screwed there and jump to PDI, but they're not exactly going to be top guys.

I doubt anyone but Priest who qualfies for the O will want to do a non-IFBB show around the Olympia, so that will eliminate pretty much every quality bodybuilder.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2006, 10:26:26 AM »
Why, are you upset that you were not?

LOL... my value is greater when I'm not mentioned, dear.  The value and timing of my information delivery far outweighs any gained from namedropping.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2006, 10:32:39 AM »
LOL... my value is greater when I'm not mentioned, dear.  The value and timing of my information delivery far outweighs any gained from namedropping.

Considering that you have elevated yourself to the lofty heights of Chief PDI Mouthpiece, you must have been a little upset that you were not thanked for your services?

I wonder what gain Wayne felt could be made in his name dropping?

;D

No doubt the other Wayne Worshiper will be along to add to this thread shortly.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2006, 10:37:27 AM »
I have to say I'm surprised to see how tough Ron was on Wayne. He wasn't anywhere near tough when he interviewed Craig and Kelly after the murder.

GETBIG'S RON INTERVIEWS CRAIG AND KELLY!!

Ron: Craig, did you do it?
CT: No man, I had nothing to do with it.
Ron: So what happened?
CT: All of this crap on the internet and television is complete BS.
Ron: Tell us what happened Craig.
CT: We opened our home to this girl who needed a place to stay. She became addicted to drugs and we felt sorry for her. I felt the right thing to do was to send her home to be with her family for the holidays and to get cleaned up. I bought her a plane ticket and booked a hotel for her. Why would I do that for someone I wanted to kill?
Ron: So Kelly, did you kill her?
KR: No man, I had nothing to do with it.
KR: All of this crap on the internet and television is complete BS.
Ron: Yeah, I know. That's what I've been saying.
KR: We opened our home and hearts to this girl and now everyone thinks we're monsters.
Ron: Well, why did you guys flee to Boston?
KR: We didn't "flee" anywhere. We went on a cross-country road trip to get some quality time together. I read about this great nail salon in Boston and since Craig's best friend lives there, we decided to visit him for a few days.
Ron: That's what I originally said on Getbig. That you guys were on vacation.
KR: You were exactly right, Ron.
Ron: Thanks. So how did Melissa wind up dead?
KR: She had been very depressed lately.
Ron: So you're saying it was a suicide?
KR: Anything is possible.
Ron: Wow, that's astonishing.
CT: Kelly and I are 100% innocent. Remember brother, it's innocent until proven guilty.
Ron: I know Craig. That's what I keep telling people.
CT: Okay brother, we gotta get back to our cells.
Ron: Thanks for the real story Craig and Kelly.
CT: Peace.
KR: Happy Passover Ron.

GETBIG'S RON COMMENTS:

As I've been saying, we shouldn't rush to conclusions about the case. Craig and Kelly have always been very nice to me. I've known them for years and have never seen them murder anyone. I've never heard any rumors about them strangling people or burning them either, so I think we all need to be patient and wait for the whole story to emerge. Melissa James is the only one who knows what really happened and she can't tell us. Who knows what really happened? Maybe Melissa overdosed on drugs and fell into on one of her nylon pantyhose that was hanging up to dry and caught her neck in it and began choking and flailing and then fell on a morphine-filled syringe and then tried to call 911 but accidentally picked up a Taser and shot herself with it and then fell down the stairs and went looking in the garage for Craig or Kelly to help her and then she tripped and fell into the trunk of Kelly's Jaguar and died there. Maybe the Jaguar had been giving them problems (they are notoriously unreliable) and Craig decided to torch the vehicle and had no idea that Melissa had OD'ed, strangled herself on her pantyhose, and fallen into the trunk. Folks, anything is possible. As I've said, I've known Craig and Kelly for many years and they never strangled, stunned, beat, tasered, burned, injected or killed me, so I think we need to take them at their word.

Special "Ron" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

midknight

• Getbig IV
  • Soon, you will know the meaning of pain.
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2006, 10:54:27 AM »

That's some hardcore investigative work there  ::)

I have to say I'm surprised to see how tough Ron was on Wayne. He wasn't anywhere near tough when he interviewed Craig and Kelly after the murder.

GETBIG'S RON INTERVIEWS CRAIG AND KELLY!!

Ron: Craig, did you do it?
CT: No man, I had nothing to do with it.
CT: All of this crap on the internet and television is complete BS.
Ron: Tell us what happened Craig.
CT: We opened our home to this girl who needed a place to stay. She became addicted to drugs and we felt sorry for her. I felt the right thing to do was to send her home to be with her family for the holidays and to get cleaned up. I bought her a plane ticket and booked a hotel for her. Why would I do that for someone I wanted to kill?
Ron: So Kelly, did you kill her?
KR: No man, I had nothing to do with it.
KR: All of this crap on the internet and television is complete BS.
Ron: Yeah, I know. That's what I've been saying.
KR: We opened our home and hearts to this girl and now everyone thinks we're monsters.
Ron: Well, why did you guys flee to Boston?
KR: We didn't "flee" anywhere. We went on a cross-country road trip to get some quality time together. I read about this great nail salon in Boston and since Craig's best friend lives there, we decided to visit him for a few days.
Ron: That's what I originally said on Getbig. That you guys were on vacation.
KR: You were exactly right, Ron.
Ron: Thanks. So how did Melissa wind up dead?
KR: She had been very depressed lately.
Ron: So you're saying it was a suicide?
KR: Anything is possible.
Ron: Wow, that's astonishing.
CT: Kelly and I are 100% innocent. Remember brother, it's innocent until proven guilty.
Ron: I know Craig. That's what I keep telling people.
CT: Okay brother, we gotta get back to our cells.
Ron: Thanks for the real story Craig and Kelly.
CT: Peace.
KR: Happy Passover Ron.

GETBIG'S RON COMMENTS:

As I've been saying, we shouldn't rush to conclusions about the case. Craig and Kelly have always been very nice to me. I've known them for years and have never seen them murder anyone. I've never heard any rumors about them strangling people or burning them either, so I think we all need to be patient and wait for the whole story to emerge. Melissa James is the only one who knows what really happened and she can't tell us. Who knows what really happened? Maybe Melissa overdosed on drugs and fell into on one of her nylon pantyhose that was hanging up to dry and caught her neck in it and began choking and flailing and then fell on a morphine-filled syringe and then tried to call 911 but accidentally picked up a Taser and shot herself with it and then fell down the stairs and went looking in the garage for Craig or Kelly to help her and then she tripped and fell into the trunk of Kelly's Jaguar and died there. Maybe the Jaguar had been giving them problems (they are notoriously unreliable) and Craig decided to torch the vehicle and had no idea that Melissa had OD'ed, strangled herself on her pantyhose, and fallen into the trunk. Folks, anything is possible. As I've said, I've known Craig and Kelly for many years and they never strangled, stunned, beat, tasered, burned, injected or killed me, so I think we need to take them at their word.

Special "Ron" Ed
pain day

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2006, 11:00:05 AM »
the questions do seem a bit hostile. 

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2006, 11:21:12 AM »
"...you have to abide by certain rules, according to the Covenant..."

What? >:(

Oh ya... Wayne Demilia is the one to take pro bodybuilding to the promiseland.

People, that dog ain't gonna hunt. :(
a

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 11:29:29 AM »
 Ron seemed a little crazy :-\

artie

• Getbig II
  • Let's roll!
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2006, 11:49:09 AM »
Was this interview written by a child? It's a disgrace for Ron that he can't hit F7 for a spell check.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2006, 12:00:45 PM »
http://getbig.com/iview/demilia060413.htm

Ron tends to crack nuts when he grills IFBB officials.

It's his nature.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2006, 12:03:58 PM »
Hopefully the PDI succeeds. I'm so sick and tired of the dominance of the IFBB

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2006, 12:37:59 PM »
He never answered the fact that he'd originally released a "press release" about giving the BB's "medical benefits" from McLean hospital (which is a PSYCHIATRIC hospital), he sidesteps it.

Pro Division Inc announced today an agreement with McLean Hospital, part of Harvard Medical School, to provide medical benefits for Pro Division Inc members.

In fact he lies, saying he only stated they'd be getting physicals from that hopsital (which is still weird given that it's a mental hospital -- the hopsital itself states it is "for mental health care and research."), when in the above quote his press release says medical benefits.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2006, 12:43:17 PM »
He never answered the fact that he'd originally released a "press release" about giving the BB's "medical benefits" from McLean hospital (which is a PSYCHIATRIC hospital), he sidesteps it.

In fact he lies, saying he only stated they'd be getting physicals from that hopsital (which is still weird given that it's a mental hospital -- the hopsital itself states it is "for mental health care and research."), when in the above quote his press release says medical benefits.

Maybe Wayne is making a statement about the bodybuilding industry by having physicals in an insane asylum ;D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2006, 02:07:21 PM »
Well I gotta tell you Ron I like you allot but you are a horrible interviewer.  Now on your behalf I am pretty sure some in fact most of these questions were given to you by either Chic, Manion or someone else at the IFBB.  That interview is nothing different than if Manion himself gave it.  Can you be anymore negative and biased.  Please do not say again you are not biased.  Wayne answered those questions perfectly.  Given away to many answers is just plain stupid.  Anyone coming out with a new product or service would tell you the same thing.  And the funniest part was when you ask him how to improve the Arnold or Olympia.  That right there is a giveaway someone else wrote those questions. 

And you and others who keep harping on not having a website is just hilarious.  First off, he is having one made.  Second, it is going to be a very good website in design and functionality.  Lets pretend he was dumb like you and others who think he should have a website up already.  Well it's not up so should he wait till it's done to announce the PDI and everything whats going on.  That is stupid.  So why not use the boards and magazines to promote PDI while the site is being developed.  Anyone mentioning there is no website for the PDI so it must be fake or not serious rank up there with the most ignorant.  Also, instead of ragging on a site not built yet, rag on the IFBB's website which is perhaps one of the worst and defnitely the most unprofessional and ugly sites on the internet.  Now that is embarrasing.

People rag on me for being so negative about the IFBB, NPC, Manion and the Weiders.  I have a reason and I am very far from being alone.  There are many reasons and they keep getting bigger and bigger so ragging on these is substantiated.  But, ragging on the PDI is unjustified.  They haven't done anything yet.

I understand you are a IFBB, NPC man and when the PDI starts making it, it will dent your exclusivity with these, but you need to realize the PDI is here and it will make a big difference in BB.  All for the positive.  So you might as well hang on and grab on as soon as you can.

And it was really funny you trying to find out major sponsors names.  That was very funny too. 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2006, 02:08:13 PM »
This should also have a sticky.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2006, 02:10:08 PM »
I do think that the PDI should have a website up by now. I'm sure theirs will be very nice, but even a temporary website, just to share info and capitalize somewhat on what interest there is, should be there.