Author Topic: May issue of Muscular Development  (Read 4643 times)

Johnny Apollo

May issue of Muscular Development
« on: April 21, 2006, 12:37:32 PM »
Who has seen it? Getbig.com is mentioned numerous times in it. Lee Priest even mentions Getbig.com and talks about how people are always posting nonsense about him here. He even mentions the person who uses the screen name "LeePriestLover" and posts one of his/her posts defending him.

It's pretty funny that a 3rd rate forum like this one attracts so many pro's and a forum like Bodybuilding.com who spends thousands on advertising never attracts pro's and never gets mentioned in the magazines.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
Re: May issue of Muscular Development
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 12:39:43 PM »
Who has seen it? Getbig.com is mentioned numerous times in it. Lee Priest even mentions Getbig.com and talks about how people are always posting nonsense about him here. He even mentions the person who uses the screen name "LeePriestLover" and posts one of his/her posts defending him.

It's pretty funny that a 3rd rate forum like this one attracts so many pro's and a forum like Bodybuilding.com who spends thousands on advertising never attracts pro's and never gets mentioned in the magazines.

Getbig is not third rate. As childish as we act, we are at least adults here. There is nothing wrong with being a teenager, but bodybuilding.com seems like it is all teenagers.

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 12:43:08 PM »

Lee's statement is reason I showed up here. Since then I've been hooked.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

LifterChick

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 01:04:43 PM »
Actually it is a fairly smart thing Lee did.  Just mentioning one person has so many others playing nice now, just hoping to get their name in the Magazines and "Be Famous".

HowDog

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 01:09:50 PM »
Actually it is a fairly smart thing Lee did.  Just mentioning one person has so many others playing nice now, just hoping to get their name in the Magazines and "Be Famous".

Arghh, don't be a wanker, Lee is the man, hater.  People like you bring this forum down a level.   ;D

LifterChick

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 01:10:33 PM »
Arghh, don't be a wanker, Lee is the man, hater.  People like you bring this forum down a level.   ;D

Brilliant  ;D ;D

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 01:15:58 PM »
Why don't I (well, MuscleMemory) ever get mentioned in the (US) magazines ???  ???  ???

There was a very nice four page article about me in Australian Ironman (Aug 04), another 4 page article (with a full page pic of me!) in the Dutch Muscle and Fitness (Jan 06), and a one page article in the Swedish BK magazine, but nothing here.

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 01:53:48 PM »
Is that the one where I answer the High cal day question in Lees collum ??

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006, 01:56:55 PM »
Why don't I (well, MuscleMemory) ever get mentioned in the (US) magazines ???  ???  ???

There was a very nice four page article about me in Australian Ironman (Aug 04), another 4 page article (with a full page pic of me!) in the Dutch Muscle and Fitness (Jan 06), and a one page article in the Swedish BK magazine, but nothing here.

Maybe they aren't believers in preserving the history of bodybuilding?
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006, 01:59:59 PM »

Getbig is not third rate. As childish as we act, we are at least adults here. There is nothing wrong with being a teenager, but bodybuilding.com seems like it is all teenagers.

What, you're saying you don't want to hang out on a board where the typical post goes something like: 

"What kind of pill can I take that will get me all hyooooooge and ryppped?", or

"Hey! I've been lifting weights every day for 2 whole weeks now and I'm not getting any bigger!  What's wrong? Am I a "hardgainer", or should I look into taking steroids?"   

;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2006, 02:01:50 PM »
Is that the one where I answer the High cal day question in Lees collum ??

I believe it is.
HAHA, RON.....

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2006, 02:12:28 PM »
Thats a good issue , actualy they are all good  !! Steve Blechman is a top guy , if you ever get the chance to say hi in person do so , you will find him a top man, with a good sence of humor !!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2006, 06:32:54 PM »
What, you're saying you don't want to hang out on a board where the typical post goes something like: 

"Hey! I've been lifting weights every day for 2 whole weeks now and I'm not getting any bigger!  What's wrong? Am I a "hardgainer", or should I look into taking steroids?"   

;D

Hahaha, yes. I'm tired of a board where people talk about going "on" creatine and every guy claims to date the hottest girl in his school ::)

Zeratul-Dark Templar

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2006, 08:06:26 PM »

;D

Good point.
Magazines like Muscle & Fitness and Flex are to blame. Deceitful and manipulative.
Its sad how a publication can feature page after page of bodybuilders spending an extraordinary amount of money on pharmaceuticals, yet the only mention of steroids is the occasional scare-tactic where they lead readers to believe that bodybuilders use them sparingly and are thoroughly educated and aware of the longterm health risks.

Only to then publish an article "Big Arms In 8 Weeks" that consists of machine and cable curl variations.
The ignorance is somewhat comical but is only perpetuated by a shameless industry intent on selling false promises.
... and Peter McGough accuses US of cynicism and misinformation!

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2006, 09:03:28 PM »

;D

Priceless..

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2006, 09:57:31 PM »
MD mentions getbig so much it is wierd.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 10:05:59 PM »
It's so funny, since they used to bash getbig so much.  I'm really glad though.  It's good for both sides!

DKlent

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 07:09:16 AM »
It's so funny, since they used to bash getbig so much.  I'm really glad though.  It's good for both sides!

true

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 07:30:27 AM »
EPic 6 years to reply

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 07:32:38 AM »
EPic 6 years to reply

LOL!

"DKlent" is quite the slowpoke

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 07:55:17 AM »
EPic 6 years to reply

Maybe his connection is a bit slow....  :-\

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2012, 08:05:04 AM »
 :D
:)

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2012, 08:07:02 AM »
Maybe his connection is a bit slow....  :-\

Took him 6 years to come up with a fitting answer.... Some people are just "slow"...

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2012, 12:32:34 PM »
EPic 6 years to reply

Maybe in six more years Dklent will reply to the dorian vs. ronnie thread.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2012, 12:49:37 PM »

If getbig was a political party, they would be denied ballot access in all 50 states.