Author Topic: Isopure zero carb  (Read 1368 times)

chrisg

• Getbig II
  • "No! Try not! Do! Or do not. There is no try."
Isopure zero carb
« on: April 21, 2006, 11:56:41 PM »
I just bought a bottle of zero carb Isopure (blue raspberry) from GNC the other day. I figured I'd give it a try even though it is like $5 a bottle. I just wanted to taste it. It wasn't cold, room temp it left more of an aftertaste, but it wasn't all bad. It tasted much better after I got it in the fridge for a while. It is weird though, that it's derived from milk (whey) yet the liquid is clear. I'll just stick with Cytogainer which has more protein per serving and even though it's not 100% lactose free, it's 98% and that's good enough for me.
P.R.: ate four lbs p-butter in 3 days

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Isopure zero carb
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 02:29:22 AM »
I just bought a bottle of zero carb Isopure (blue raspberry) from GNC the other day. I figured I'd give it a try even though it is like $5 a bottle. I just wanted to taste it. It wasn't cold, room temp it left more of an aftertaste, but it wasn't all bad. It tasted much better after I got it in the fridge for a while. It is weird though, that it's derived from milk (whey) yet the liquid is clear. I'll just stick with Cytogainer which has more protein per serving and even though it's not 100% lactose free, it's 98% and that's good enough for me.

The Blue Raspberry is quite tasty; although I prefer the Fruit Punch and Orange.

FIVE BUCKS for a bottle!!!??? Where are you shopping? A lot of the GNCs where I shop frequently have IsoPure RTDs marked down, often to $1.50 or less.

I managed to mop up a few times, when they were as little as $0.80 a piece. Some were the Zero-carb type; others were the regular kind.

I'd check out a few more GNCs to see if they have the hook-ups.

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 07:04:14 AM »
If you can afford the RTD's, do it.  If you can get them wholesale, great but from the cooler they're usually anywhere from $3.50 - $5.00.

You can also buy the powder, much cheaper and it mixes pretty good

D-Jay

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 09:02:24 PM »
The Isopure powder tastes fantastic.   Easily one of the better proteins on the market.

Problem is...finding a decent price on the stuff.   Seems a tad over-priced at most sup stores.