Author Topic: School board members defend CRT training  (Read 1177 times)

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
School board members defend CRT training
« on: July 06, 2021, 04:36:41 AM »

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
Re: School board members defend CRT training
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 06:35:39 PM »
I've been visiting that site for a while - very informative.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/university-offers-1200-stipends-to-learn-how-whiteness-is-normalized-and-how-to-eradicate-it/

University offers $1,200 stipends to learn how ‘whiteness is normalized’ and how it can be ‘eradicated’

California State University East Bay faculty members can earn $1,200 if they take professional development courses on anti-racism this summer and continue to work on their projects through the school year.

The stipends go to professors and instructors who attend the “Anti-Racist Liberatory Pedagogy Academy” this July.

The brochure from Professor G.T. Reyes said that CRT IS “a race-conscious framework that examines the ways that whiteness is normalized in our country and in our University.”

“Critical Race Theory takes an intersectional approach to interrogating race and racism in the United States,” the info sheet also said. Professor Reyes did not respond to a June 23 email that asked for a definition of “whiteness” and how many professors were enrolled.

Participants will confront the question of how they can “also aim towards liberatory conditions where whiteness has been eradicated.”

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 03:44:39 AM »

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 09:15:31 AM »
While America is in a pissing contest over this CRT nonsense, China is producing over a million engineers and physicists .
Yet, I don't see these parents demanding we increase the math rigor , so their kids can get a real technical education.

My own father told me about the end of WWII and why Truman dropped the bomb to end it.
That's because he was there in the South Pacific on a naval carrier as a gunners mate .

I don't agree with everything in CRT, but good parents will always  amend the history you learn in school books.
If we have CRT or not, it's just a "political football" that's not that important, one way or the other.

Hey parents ,  focus on improved math/science teaching , so our kids can do technical jobs . How about we demand school boards do THAT.

FYI, my career was teaching PHYSICS for 31 years, so don't preach to me about schools. I was THERE, teaching a REAL subject.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 09:54:45 AM »
While America is in a pissing contest over this CRT nonsense, China is producing over a million engineers and physicists .
Yet, I don't see these parents demanding we increase the math rigor , so their kids can get a real technical education.

My own father told me about the end of WWII and why Truman dropped the bomb to end it.
That's because he was there in the South Pacific on a naval carrier as a gunners mate .

I don't agree with everything in CRT, but good parents will always  amend the history you learn in school books.
If we have CRT or not, it's just a "political football" that's not that important, one way or the other.

Hey parents ,  focus on improved math/science teaching , so our kids can do technical jobs . How about we demand school boards do THAT.

FYI, my career was teaching PHYSICS for 31 years, so don't preach to me about schools. I was THERE, teaching a REAL subject.

I agree CRT is retarded but we really should be focusing on teaching kids math. The manager owner had to come to the register and help an employee make change when I paid for breakfast with cash the other day.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2021, 09:57:23 AM »

Stop supporting liberal faggets and losers who want to keep pushing this you fng imbecile.   Its people like you supporting liberal communists teaching this poison why we are in this mess. 

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2021, 10:01:01 AM »

ok.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2021, 10:06:07 AM »
Stop supporting liberal faggets and losers who want to keep pushing this you fng imbecile.   Its people like you supporting liberal communists teaching this poison why we are in this mess.

I'll ignore your silly insults and focus on the issue at hand.

Most of the "issues" that get you worked up  and are used for  fund raising  with little importance in our day to day lives.

I'm a lot more concerned with getting Covid vaccines distributed and repairing our crumbling infrastructure, etc
Having a man be able to afford to send his kids to a decent college is more important then some culture war nonsense.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2021, 10:06:17 AM »
but don’t know what’s in them...

Typical brain-dead whiny libturdz.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/school-board-members-defend-crt-trainings-for-teachers-but-dont-know-whats-in-them/

so basically they are exactly like you and every other conservative not knowing what CRT is

Does anyone remember hearing about this until right wingers started telling a few months ago that we should all freak out?

FYI - it was developed at Harvard Law School in the 1970s and '80s as a legal framework. And it posits that racism is not just a product of individual bias but is embedded in legal systems and policies.....and it's NOT taught in K-12.

The entire "controversy" was made up by a right wing activist as the new skirmish in the right wing social war that they want us all to really really care about

Why are you talking about it...because right wing media has told you that you need to be freaked out about it even though it's been around for 40 years and  it's not taught in K-12

https://www.npr.org/transcripts/1012696188
https://www.newyorker.com/news/annals-of-inquiry/how-a-conservative-activist-invented-the-conflict-over-critical-race-theory

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2021, 10:10:59 AM »
I'll ignore your silly insults and focus on the issue at hand.

Most of the "issues" that get you worked up  and are used for  fund raising  with little importance in our day to day lives.

I'm a lot more concerned with getting Covid vaccines distributed and repairing our crumbling infrastructure, etc
Having a man be able to afford to send his kids to a decent college is more important then some culture war nonsense.

::)

The public school system run by liberal failures and lazy pos can't even produce kids who can read or write.   But at least they will grow up to the hate the USA. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2021, 10:51:09 AM »
Howard, do you think a College degree is necessary for a person to be successful?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2021, 11:32:42 AM »
Howard, do you think a College degree is necessary for a person to be successful?

Nope!
I even taught at a few "applied physics" classes at a post HS- vocational "college".
It was very enjoyable to teach practical physics for future electricians , heat/AC techs, etc

Met plenty of successful people who neve completed a 4 yr degree.

I've also met some real losers who had grad degrees or went to top tier schools.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2021, 01:31:38 PM »
protection of the right to uninhibited speech on private internet forums is  one of  three proactive policy priorities of the Republicans. The other two being  limiting the speech rights of woke teachers and addressing imaginary voter fraud

The current array of republican issues brings this phrase to mind :

Is that all you got?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2021, 05:19:14 PM »
I guess there are lot of other concerns but none seem to animate as much

If you bend over, I'll get as animated as you want.  ;D

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2021, 04:43:44 AM »

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2021, 07:10:39 AM »
don't you get called Howard and the angry inch , behind you back?

I'm at least 2 inches at full mast, so lets' get your facts straight Bucko  :D

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2021, 08:26:21 AM »
I'm at least 2 inches at full mast, so lets' get your facts straight Bucko  :D

God Bless you, you are a modest man and you have a lot to be modest about
c

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2021, 08:39:53 AM »
God Bless you, you are a modest man and you have a lot to be modest about

My HS year book motto was ;

" I saw a star, reached for it...but I missed."   :'(

I thought my life couldn't get any worse...then I stated posting on getbig.com.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2021, 09:19:40 AM »
::)

The public school system run by liberal failures and lazy pos can't even produce kids who can read or write.   But at least they will grow up to the hate the USA.

I can tell you from an actual 30+ career in education what really goes on with a typical school board.
Right now, CRT is a hot issue , after the George Floyd death and attention on police now.
In my OPINION, if a cop accidently farts now, some left wing zealot will cry ; " Police are using chemical weapons ". :o

2-3 yrs from now, CRT will be old news and they'll move on to some other silly culture war issue.
This kind of dopey program makes people who promote it , feel good.
BUT, it doesn't improve test scores or help a kid get into a solid career.

For example during the W Bush years, the admin promoted "abstinence only" sex ed.
The schools got some federal funding to promote some goofy curriculum on student abstinence curriculum.

About 15 years ago, I was walking out of my physics classroom ,
A FED funded "student abstinence" club was in the hall putting up long strands of interlocking paper rings.
They had signed individual rings and put them up in the main hall with a big cardboard sign :

The RINGS of abstinence commitment .  ::)  To me it was a total waste of $$ for education.

Meanwhile the Chinese are putting more rigor and resources in math, physics and chemistry.

Guess which system produces more  engineers and physicists ... ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2021, 09:22:03 AM »
I can tell you from an actual 30+ career in education what really goes on with a typical school board.
Right now, CRT is a hot issue , after the George Floyd death and attention on police now.
In my OPINION, if a cop accidently farts now, some left wing zealot will cry ; " Police are using chemical weapons ". :o

2-3 yrs from now, CRT will be old news and they'll move on to some other silly culture war issue.
This kind of dopey program makes people who promote it , feel good.
BUT, it doesn't improve test scores or help a kid get into a solid career.

For example during the W Bush years, the admin promoted "abstinence only" sex ed.
The schools got some federal funding to promote some goofy curriculum on student abstinence curriculum.

About 15 years ago, I was walking out of my physics classroom ,
A FED funded "student abstinence" club was in the hall putting up long strands of interlocking paper rings.
They had signed individual rings and put them up in the main hall with a big cardboard sign :

The RINGS of abstinence commitment .  ::)  To me it was a total waste of $$ for education.

Meanwhile the Chinese are putting more rigor and resources in math, physics and chemistry.

Guess which system produces more engineers and physicists ... ;)

And the kids still cant read write or do math.   

Liberalism = failure, collapse, broke, woke, and disaster. 

Most grown adults realize this, but there are a few mentally insane cough cough cough  . . . . who still support it . 

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2021, 09:25:06 AM »
And the kids still cant read write or do math.   

Liberalism = failure, collapse, broke, woke, and disaster. 

Most grown adults realize this, but there are a few mentally insane cough cough cough  . . . . who still support it .

You're right but it's NOT due to one political party. Yes, the progressive left has been dopey in education
The right has had it's share of misguided social experiments as well.

I think we BOTh agree that the school needs to stick with core academics, sports and legit clubs like robotics and ROTC.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2021, 09:28:22 AM »
You're right but it's NOT due to one political party. Yes, the progress left has been dopey in education
The right has had it's share of misguided social experiments as well.

I think we BOTh agree that the school needs to stick with core academics, sports and legit clubs like robotics and ROTC.
;)

We would all be better off w that approach. 

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2021, 01:32:09 PM »
;)

We would all be better off w that approach.

Bingo! Thanks for the positive reply and affirmation on a "common sense " idea for our schools.
Hey now, at least I TRIED to help improve our applied math and science education for 30 years.
Trust me, we never did an dopey social crap in my physics class! Plus, I assure you , it didn't go during any football practice . ;)

REGARDLESS of who's in charge , it's important to get your base to "FEEL GOOD" about some new thing on your watch.
I started my teaching career when GHW Bush was in office and retired when Trump was in.

EVERY administration promoted and funded some dopey program that made their base "feel better".

A lot of conservatives  wrongly assume the W Bush " No Child Left Behind" was a straight up testing deal.
LOL, they never heard of race based " sub groups".
The Dept of Ed, required every school to give the mandated test results by race, NOT an overall avg.

You could have scores and passing rates for white students or black students, but if ONLY Indian students didn't do as well,
they'd BLAME the school districts " hostile environment"  WTF ???

Think about THAT! The school could have most students doing well on the test and be considered BAD if one "sub group" didn't.
It puzzled me that they blamed the same teacher's and school that got good results OVERALL.
If the teaching was so bad , how come the vast majority of regular kids , did so well?

Remember this was the No Child Left Behind program implemented by a republican President , GW Bush ( 2001-2009).
THAT program was finally phased out a couple years ago, but aspects still remain in place. :'(

To be fair, I think we all remember that dopey school nutrition program , Michelle Obama promoted.
In all public schools and colleges, they were required to remove any snack food  with too much fat.
LOL, you couldn't put your change in, click the buttons  and buy some f'n twinkies or a damn donut LOL ::)

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2021, 01:46:06 PM »

Fucken' A...Yes