Author Topic: If there's one thing that my time in the Bodybuilding world has taught me it's..  (Read 2608 times)

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Getbig is the only place you will get an honest opinion of how you look...

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
Just saying you don't become a bodybuilder the day you step on stage. You become a bodybuilder the day you pickup a weight and when you stop you are no longer a bodybuilder regardless of how many Mr Olympia titles you have Dorian

That's a wonderful opinion Brian.

What it has to do with this thread and my original post is beyond my comprehension.

But a well thought out post non the less.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
That's a wonderful opinion Brian.

What it has to do with this thread and my original post is beyond my comprehension.

But a well thought out post non the less.

It has to do with you guys not knowing what bodybuilding is bodybuilding isn't competing in your thongs it's building your body through training and diet

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Fine honest answer was told to me by a buddy in college first national NPC heavyweight competitor I ever met he said best advice ever

"If someone doesn't represent with their body do not listen to them"  Taylor RIP

webstar

• Getbig V
Fine honest answer was told to me by a buddy in college first national NPC heavyweight competitor I ever met he said best advice ever

"If someone doesn't represent with their body do not listen to them"  Taylor RIP

what about these gurus

Chad Nicols
Dave Palumbo
Chris Aceto
George Farah
Milos

All have multiple pro wins.

That quote makes no sense.

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids

Doesnt hold true unfortunately. Lots of losers on IG have great, drugged-up physiques, but know very little. (It may have been true in the past).
They just pay coaches and drug-up, do what they are told, and know ZERO about training, nutrition, Anatomy/Physiology, etc.

Guys from the past did, they had to.
Kvnts of today, tons dont know a thing, just know how to inject and pill-pop and listen to so called "guru's"...

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V

Did he die from a genetic birth defect or AIDS?

Sounds like a real Nostradamus.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
I get bleeding stomach ulcers and will pass blood for weeks. I do not and will not take NSAIDS

https://www.medicinenet.com/nonsteroidal_anti-inflammatory_drugs_and_ulcers/article.htm

What caused you to develop bleeding ulcers? Do you think your seemingly over-the-top 'type A' personality had anything to do with it? Was it a bacterial infection (Helicobacter pylori) or too many NSAIDs? Bleeding ulcers is a life threatening condition.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
What caused you to develop bleeding ulcers? Do you think your seemingly over-the-top 'type A' personality had anything to do with it? Was it a bacterial infection (Helicobacter pylori) or too many NSAIDs? Bleeding ulcers is a life threatening condition.

"Even when there’s no visible bleeding, Crohn’s can lead to iron deficiency anemia if it causes multiple ulcers in the small intestine or colon. Continuous, low-grade, chronic blood loss from these ulcers can occur."

Everything is a life threatening condition. But it's like I just feel I am so hard I can't be faded

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
"Even when there’s no visible bleeding, Crohn’s can lead to iron deficiency anemia if it causes multiple ulcers in the small intestine or colon. Continuous, low-grade, chronic blood loss from these ulcers can occur."

Everything is a life threatening condition. But it's like I just feel I am so hard I can't be faded

I take it that it was Crohn's that caused the ulcers. The causes of Crohn's is more complex. What do you think caused you to develop Crohn's? Was it a multiple of things?

There's nothing wrong with feeling invincible as long as you also realize no one really is too powerful to be defeated. 

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Drugs are just the finishing touch. 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
You can’t really blame the guys. The problem is steroids are for the most part illegal. They would put themselves in legal jeopardy if they were to tell the truth.

If gear were completely legal, instead of nutritional supplement lines, these guys would have their own gear lines.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
If there's one thing that my time in the Bodybuilding world has taught me it's....that the entire industry is full of liars and sexual deviants selling false dreams and dangerous lifestyles disguised as being "healthy".

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
Meanwhile I am a certified free diver with a 5 minute breath hold. Do you know how to do diaphragmatic breathing to increase your oxygen supply before a lift or a set?  The problem is everyone seems to think bodybuilding is about competing on stage. Bodybuilding is a lifestyle.

Hold your breath for 5 minutes? That’s crazy I’m good for maybe 30 seconds before I die.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Hold your breath for 5 minutes? That’s crazy I’m good for maybe 30 seconds before I die.

It is all about oxygen loading with diaphragmic breathing first think of it as breathing deep with your belly instead of your chest exhale every bit of air when you exhale you want to clear the lungs and load up on oxygen do this for twice as long as you plan to breath hold. It will also give you more strength and stamina for a heavy lift or set as you will have more oxygen

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
General observation: People with the best looking physiques are often the worst athletes.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
You can’t really blame the guys. The problem is steroids are for the most part illegal. They would put themselves in legal jeopardy if they were to tell the truth.

If gear were completely legal, instead of nutritional supplement lines, these guys would have their own gear lines.

This is an entirely fair point.  Let me amend slightly.  All bodybuilders are liars even when they don't have to be (due to possible legal jeopardy).

Seriously, truthful is the exception not the rule.  Lying about "how much you bench" or how big your arms are must affect the brain or something.

webstar

• Getbig V
Meanwhile I am a certified free diver with a 5 minute breath hold. Do you know how to do diaphragmatic breathing to increase your oxygen supply before a lift or a set?  The problem is everyone seems to think bodybuilding is about competing on stage. Bodybuilding is a lifestyle.

so you can hold your breath longer than navy seal?

Navy SEALs can hold their breath underwater for two to three minutes or more. Breath-holding drills are typically used to condition a swimmer or diver and to build confidence when going through high-surf conditions at night, said Brandon Webb, a former Navy SEAL and best-selling author of the book “Among Heroes.”Dec.

https://www.reference.com/world-view/long-can-navy-seal-hold-his-breath-2bb36eeebea48dc2

Casien protein before bed to prevent catabolism.. man the hype use to drink Labrada Pro V60 before bed to ensure the gains were secured over night

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
ITS the magazine era was all built on bullshit..from the cover to the pics and articles and training,,they promoted health,health,health  every where they could based on working out is all you needed.and of course there supp line.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
ITS the magazine era was all built on bullshit..from the cover to the pics and articles and training,,they promoted health,health,health  every where they could based on working out is all you needed.and of course there supp line.

I'm not even talking about the Pros or the magazines or supplement companies as much as I'm talking about the run of the mill "big guys" that populate many gyms.  They routinely pop off bullshit to anyone, especially younger lifters because they don't care.

Then there are those who claim nonsense based on Dunning Kreuger like holding their breath for 5 minutes

Primemuscle

• Getbig V

I am going to disagree with you. In my experience D-Bol and testosterone shots are what made me realize I could actually change how I looked. I am not looking to bulk up again. But if I was, D-Bol would be the first thing I would try using again. Only problem is that it is illegal now and it would be very hard to find a doctor willing to write a prescription for it, for an old geezer like me. Seems kind of lame considering how few years I probably have left. It seems to me us old folks should be able to go all out with ABS and GH because we have less to lose.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
I am going to disagree with you. In my experience D-Bol and testosterone shots are what made me realize I could actually change how I looked. I am not looking to bulk up again. But if I was, D-Bol would be the first thing I would try using again. Only problem is that it is illegal now and it would be very hard to find a doctor willing to write a prescription for it, for an old geezer like me. Seems kind of lame considering how few years I probably have left. It seems to me us old folks should be able to go all out with ABS and GH because we have less to lose.

I seem to recall an article in Flex magazine many years ago to the effect of some old lady saying "DBol killed my husband".  I think there was a picture of the old dude too.  I'm scared to search for it because it'll turn out to be a guy younger than me

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
I seem to recall an article in Flex magazine many years ago to the effect of some old lady saying "DBol killed my husband".  I think there was a picture of the old dude too.  I'm scared to search for it because it'll turn out to be a guy younger than me

Blame this fellow. It's all his fault.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan

Just the final minor burnishing...maybe 2%.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
Blame this fellow. It's all his fault.

Ziegler didn't do sh*t.  It's the biggest myth about D-bol.

Brilliant Ciba chemists in Europe invented D-bol.

Ziegler just gave it to York lifters.  He was the first gym pusher.

There was another chemist named Ziegler (unrelated) in Europe who worked on the creation of D-bol though which is interesting.