Author Topic: I bet half of you didn't even lift today  (Read 1525166 times)

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
Re: I bet half of you didn't even lift today
« Reply #25150 on: January 29, 2023, 04:42:06 PM »
Also  this is my so called bad arm that everyone claims has nerve damage this is solid training

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #25151 on: January 29, 2023, 04:47:00 PM »
Also  this is my so called bad arm that everyone claims has nerve damage this is solid training

Well considering you Photoshop the pictures. This isn’t a good example.

Also, your coach is a convicted felon. How are you able to associate him while being on probation/parole?

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #25152 on: January 29, 2023, 04:47:08 PM »
Yeah a strict curl is only twice as hard but absolutely give it a shot. I hope you do well and take up the sport.

Let's get real here, it's not a sport, it is a couple of criminals playing grabass in the gym.

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #25153 on: January 29, 2023, 04:47:46 PM »
I`ll guarantee that you`re worried that she`ll set a record before you do?

Can you imagine Hanky if we all started this Mickey Mouse league curling bullshit.....the insecure fucker would meltdown constantly.  LOL  ;D
He would kill himself

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #25154 on: January 29, 2023, 04:49:57 PM »
The difference in explosive power I can feel in my hands and wrist and forearms the density is insane and it like builds up each day. I don't care what you call it.

Bi-polar.

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #25155 on: January 29, 2023, 04:52:10 PM »
Let's get real here, it's not a sport, it is a couple of criminals playing grabass in the gym.
haha now that is the funniest thing I have heard in all this strict curl talk

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #25156 on: January 29, 2023, 04:55:04 PM »
He would kill himself
For sure!  ;D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #25157 on: January 29, 2023, 05:04:06 PM »
I don't understand Bhank's angle here.

If it's an untested, strict curl, competition. Who cares what you look like physically? Wouldn't you want to take a more powerlifting approach, meaning don't worry about being shredded or lean, but more focused on having enough energy, strength, and fuel to compete at your best?

Show me a guy who powerlifts does the Worlds Strongest Man competition, or simply wants to break certain records in competition. I'll show you a guy who would place near, or dead last in any bodybuilding competition.

That's why bodybuilders taper down on their lifts closer to contest time, because they are weaker.

I have absolutely no idea of what you are doing.
Hallelujah,,,this should end the thread….but….the dance continues.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #25158 on: January 29, 2023, 05:12:59 PM »
Hi Mr. Scott !

The chickens are good, is still have all 8 of them, so I think they're doing okay. I have a really cool coop and run that was built for me. They only go outside during the day because it is too cold at night for young chickens. They live in AZ and I'm back home in Chicago right now

They are very funny and I have some great pics of them.

I have been working on my squats and I am up to six reps now at 225 pounds. My mom is coming to visit in March. I hope you are doing well and feeling better now.

Hi and thanks for the chicken update.  I will let my brother and his wonderful wife know how yours are doing!

I'm doing okay.  Some days are worse but most are better!  As my mother taught me, I've got nothing to really complain about but I can still bitch a lot!  ;D 

That's a pretty good squat you got there young lady!  Well done indeed.   I think I told you that I work with a young woman that I have seen squat 225 for 20 reps!  No drugs but she is quite short and POWERFUL and I have seen her push 130 over her head.    She is just great and has always been very nice to me.   I look forward to more of your posts here!

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #25159 on: January 29, 2023, 05:13:35 PM »

It's a strong curl, but the problem is unlike the competition video, you cannot tell from your videos whether these would pass, you have very baggy sweats and cannot see feet area and how they are positioned or how far they are from the wall.  Other strict curl videos show the whole body because even a slight assist from hips legs invalidates.  This is why singlets are used as you've acknowledged.  Does the organization that doesn't require the singlets allow baggy clothes?

Has John ever invalidated any of your practice lifts?

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #25160 on: January 29, 2023, 05:17:51 PM »

Excellent comment, well put and succinct.  I'm not sure everyone realizes it but his coach is similar aged and Bhank can't really hold any records because his coach already holds them in age group and weight categories the same as hanky.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #25161 on: January 30, 2023, 03:14:59 AM »
It's a strong curl, but the problem is unlike the competition video, you cannot tell from your videos whether these would pass, you have very baggy sweats and cannot see feet area and how they are positioned or how far they are from the wall.  Other strict curl videos show the whole body because even a slight assist from hips legs invalidates.  This is why singlets are used as you've acknowledged.  Does the organization that doesn't require the singlets allow baggy clothes?

I'm blaming you if he starts wearing his poolside thong for his curl videos.  :)

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #25162 on: January 30, 2023, 04:04:04 AM »

Currently right now John holds all the Open world records, age group records, and highest Wilks score in multiple organizations and all the big titles but he competes at 198lbs. I am competing at 220lbs. He is training to win the Arnold March 4th but I am training for a different meet March 4th for a different organization and in a different weight class whose record he doesn’t hold. We are competing at the same meet in July but again different weight classes. I don’t have to beat John to be successful or set records. But yes he is legitimately the best curler in the world right now from a technique and Wilkes perspective he doesn’t have the Open Super-heavyweight world record but he is just under 200lbs. He has the highest body weight curl in the world. So yeah I am learning from the best.I don’t need to win the Arnold to be successful I just need to get there. One step at a time

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #25163 on: January 30, 2023, 04:18:40 AM »
I'm blaming you if he starts wearing his poolside thong for his curl videos.  :)
;D ;D ;D

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #25164 on: January 30, 2023, 04:20:38 AM »

There is a line on the floor 12 inches from the wall my heels are on the line. I am not assisting with my legs. It was absolutely a good lift. Regardless I will be at a meet with 3 judges soon enough. If you come off the wall you know you came off the wall you will know it is obvious you don’t really need someone to point it out to you. There really is no way to use the legs as they are locked and only 12 inches off the wall you start flat on the wall if you move the legs or hips you are going to come off the wall.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #25165 on: January 30, 2023, 05:25:53 AM »
There is a line on the floor 12 inches from the wall my heels are on the line. I am not assisting with my legs. It was absolutely a good lift. Regardless I will be at a meet with 3 judges soon enough. If you come off the wall you know you came off the wall you will know it is obvious you don’t really need someone to point it out to you. There really is no way to use the legs as they are locked and only 12 inches off the wall you start flat on the wall if you move the legs or hips you are going to come off the wall.

John is your same age and holds the 220 records also in state and national right?  Just cause he didn't also set them in some other organization also, it doesn't mean he didn't strict curl 185.1 lbs in the 45-49 category.  That's the record.  If the International Tear Your Bicep Organization's record is 157.1 lbs that doesn't make that the record.

https://rawpowerlifting.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/USA-Mens-Curl-Records-Pre-Gopher-Bar.pdf

I hope I'm wrong, you're not really trying to hide facts and play semantic games to get some piece of paper claiming you hold a record in this situation are you?

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #25166 on: January 30, 2023, 05:39:04 AM »
John is your same age and holds the 220 records also in state and national right?  Just cause he didn't also set them in some other organization also, it doesn't mean he didn't strict curl 185.1 lbs in the 45-49 category.  That's the record.  If the International Tear Your Bicep Organization's record is 157.1 lbs that doesn't make that the record.

https://rawpowerlifting.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/USA-Mens-Curl-Records-Pre-Gopher-Bar.pdf

I hope I'm wrong, you're not really trying to hide facts and play semantic games to get some piece of paper claiming you hold a record in this situation are you?

It’s weird how you guys go from claiming it is a made up thing to becoming experts on the rules and records of different organizations all of a sudden

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #25167 on: January 30, 2023, 05:51:45 AM »
It’s weird how you guys go from claiming it is a made up thing to becoming experts on the rules and records of different organizations all of a sudden

So I'm correct, huh?  I'm no expert, but after asking how old John was and getting no answer and you posting screenshots of record snippets but no link, i looked it up.  Same with the legs and hip assist thing, the baggy sweats and shaking legs seemed odd.

Just have fun and count your blessings and quit twisting shit

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #25168 on: January 30, 2023, 06:01:13 AM »
So I'm correct, huh?  I'm no expert, but after asking how old John was and getting no answer and you posting screenshots of record snippets but no link, i looked it up.  Same with the legs and hip assist thing, the baggy sweats and shaking legs seemed odd.

Just have fun and count your blessings and quit twisting shit

There is absolutely no leg or hip assist and my pants are far from baggy that is just nonsense everyone’s legs shake a little near their max but whatever. As far as records different organizations have slightly different rules use different bars and recognize their own records nothing twisted about it. They try to standardize but there are some minor differences. The list you grabbed is a composite that RAW powerlifting keeps and it’s not exactly up to date. I can set age group and open records in SCN and 365 Powerlifting that John doesn’t have. I have a long way to go before worrying about the Goat of the damn sport. Dude is going to defend his Arnold title March 4th in Florida at 198lbs I am going to try and win a small powerlifting event the same day in NC at 220lbs there is plenty of room in the sport for 2 people.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #25169 on: January 30, 2023, 06:15:38 AM »
There is absolutely no leg or hip assist and my pants are far from baggy that is just nonsense everyone’s legs shake a little near their max but whatever. As far as records different organizations have slightly different rules use different bars and recognize their own records nothing twisted about it. They try to standardize but there are some minor differences. The list you grabbed is a composite that RAW powerlifting keeps and it’s not exactly up to date. I can set age group and open records in SCN and 365 Powerlifting that John doesn’t have. I have a long way to go before worrying about the Goat of the damn sport. Dude is going to defend his Arnold title March 4th in Florida at 198lbs I am going to try and win a small bogus cheat curl contest the same day in NC at 220lbs there is plenty of room in the sport for 2 people.
LOL  ;D

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #25170 on: January 30, 2023, 06:17:18 AM »
Do boxers fight for the undisputed titles and all 4 major belts at the same time or do they win one regional then a minor world  title after another until they finally get all the most prestigious? One step at a time

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #25171 on: January 30, 2023, 06:20:32 AM »
LOL  ;D

They were in the expo floor last year with the other minor strength events at the Arnold and the event organizers told them they had the biggest crowds and this year offered them a spot on the main stage. So it’s growing exponentially right now. Last year was its first year at the Arnold and the Olympia and it was a big success. I am trying to get to that main stage next year I want an athletes wrist band and access to all the backstage stuff. It will be a lot of fun just qualifying and I am there right now and I have a full year to Improve training with the goat win lose or draw it’s going to be fun. I am going to get stronger and my arms are going to get bigger and yeah I will set a few obscure records in the process win win

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #25172 on: January 30, 2023, 06:26:27 AM »
They were in the expo floor last year with the other minor strength events at the Arnold and the event organizers told them they had the biggest crowds and this year offered them a spot on the main stage. So it’s growing exponentially right now. Last year was its first year at the Arnold and the Olympia and it was a big success. I am trying to get to that main stage next year I want an athletes wrist band and access to all the backstage stuff. It will be a lot of fun just qualifying and I am there right now and I have a full year to Improve training with the goat win lose or draw it’s going to be fun. I am going to get stronger and my arms are going to get bigger and yeah I will set a few obscure records in the process win win

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #25173 on: January 30, 2023, 06:37:34 AM »

I was literally asked about it today is leg day or in your case gall bladder day maybe

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #25174 on: January 30, 2023, 06:40:35 AM »
There is absolutely no leg or hip assist and my pants are far from baggy that is just nonsense everyone’s legs shake a little near their max but whatever. As far as records different organizations have slightly different rules use different bars and recognize their own records nothing twisted about it. They try to standardize but there are some minor differences. The list you grabbed is a composite that RAW powerlifting keeps and it’s not exactly up to date. I can set age group and open records in SCN and 365 Powerlifting that John doesn’t have. I have a long way to go before worrying about the Goat of the damn sport. Dude is going to defend his Arnold title March 4th in Florida at 198lbs I am going to try and win a small powerlifting event the same day in NC at 220lbs there is plenty of room in the sport for 2 people.
"A small powerlifting event." Fuck me you never quit huh? You're a joke and an embarrassment to anyone doing a real PL event. You know squat, deadlift, and bench?