Author Topic: I bet half of you didn't even lift today  (Read 1550275 times)

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
Re: I bet half of you didn't even lift today
« Reply #3125 on: November 09, 2021, 05:21:16 PM »
Nope.  Because Coleman has crippled himself with his stupidity whilst Dexter is just going total midgie.

The point is you can't really fail trying to get in great shape as you will get in better shape trying than not

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #3126 on: November 09, 2021, 05:23:28 PM »
I always "feel" DB rows in my upper back much more than BB rows.

BB rows to be honest I'm not real sure what muscles they are working most of the time.  Maybe I do them wrong.
They fuck up my already shot lower back....hence the chest supported version.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3127 on: November 09, 2021, 05:24:53 PM »
At least a roast chicken is healthy food (unless you are a vegetarian), not like the crap food Bhanky stuffs his face with.
You talkin` `bout an entire peach cobbler

"The Cobbler Gobbler"   ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3128 on: November 09, 2021, 05:28:35 PM »
Well if you try to be Ronnie Coleman and wind up looking like Dexter have you really failed? Bodybuilding is about chasing the unachievable elusive concept of perfection no one will ever get there
Bodybuilding is about elite genetics,gear,and ones respone to said gear.........plus hard training and cobbler.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3129 on: November 09, 2021, 05:30:03 PM »
They fuck up my already shot lower back....hence the chest supported version.

Barbell rows suck IMO but chest supported rows are excellent
I do these in my garage and I like them better than any chest supported row machine or bench in my gym

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3130 on: November 09, 2021, 05:47:33 PM »
I do these in my garage and I like them better than any chest supported row machine or bench in my gym
Yup,that would work great.

Nice set up BTW.........props.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3131 on: November 09, 2021, 06:02:13 PM »
I always have small range achievable goals but also have a bigger picture in mind.

When I reach or surpas one goal,I raise the bar a bit ..................wash,rinse,and repeat.

This is an excellent way to conduct your life. We all like to be rewarded. When we reach a goal we've set, that's our reward. If we set goals that cannot be attained, we end up feeling like we failed. -Positive enforcement verses negative discouragement.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #3132 on: November 09, 2021, 06:26:06 PM »
5 min light cycle
5 min roll
Banded RDL x 15
5 box jumps @ 30"

Straight bar DL: 8 / 5 / 3 / 3 / 2

Single Arm DB incline 5 x 8
T Bar Row (wes 'reverse fly' visualization - props) 5 x 8

Pullup 3 x 8
Side lateral 3 x 8

7 min AMRAP:
Box jump x 5
Airdyne 10 cal
Sled push high/low 25 yds
Y

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3133 on: November 09, 2021, 06:53:17 PM »
bullshit, you have tiny ass legs. do you know how to get knee sleeves on?
He has no clue, guaranteed.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3134 on: November 09, 2021, 06:58:59 PM »
Good stuff Wes.

If you really want to feel an exercise in your back, I'd suggest the chest supported row.

I do them by taking my weight bench and putting up on some platforms.  Then, lay forward on bench and pull two DB or Kettlebells from the floor.  If you concentrate on middle back, squeeze, and pull elbows to the ceiling, I can feel it more in my back than any exercise.

May vary for others, but can't hurt to give it a shot.
Love me some chest supported rows. Always thankful the bench can support the weight. ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3135 on: November 09, 2021, 10:46:09 PM »
Love me some chest supported rows. Always thankful the bench can support the weight. ;D
Why you big hulk of a man you !!  'D

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #3136 on: November 10, 2021, 04:41:33 AM »

Good idea, Straw.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #3137 on: November 10, 2021, 04:42:14 AM »
The point is you can't really fail trying to get in great shape as you will get in better shape trying than not

Sensible post.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #3138 on: November 10, 2021, 04:56:47 AM »
Yes - have used that one and its tough!   I think its actually a bit harder than the assault bike in terms of resistance.   Feels more substantial as well overall.   But its about 2-3 hundred more expensive.

Consider switching to the Rogue ECHO....waaayyy more sturdy

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #3139 on: November 10, 2021, 04:59:02 AM »
Imagine if you only fought battles you knew you could win. Aiming for the stars is how you get to the top of the mountain that isn't failure. Failure is not trying

Thanks for the insight Tony Robbins

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3140 on: November 10, 2021, 05:00:36 AM »
Lifting is easy it is knowing when to stop and rest and actually taking days off that is difficult. I am trying to rest my bicep which means no arms no back training. I can still do legs and chest and delts but that is hardly everyday lifting. Meanwhile days I sit I just don't feel right but I know my arm needs the rest. That is why I am doing the squats to try and shock the system some because I can't do back and arms and don't want to lose much. Body does seem to be filling out a little with the extra rest but everyday I think maybe I should train back and arms a little it's difficult to rest.  Remember guys we grow when we rest and eat not when we train.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #3141 on: November 10, 2021, 05:04:35 AM »
Lifting is easy it is knowing when to stop and rest and actually taking days off that is difficult. I am trying to rest my bicep which means no arms no back training. I can still do legs and chest and delts but that is hardly everyday lifting. Meanwhile days I sit I just don't feel right but I know my arm needs the rest. That is why I am doing the squats to try and shock the system some because I can't do back and arms and don't want to lose much. Body does seem to be filling out a little with the extra rest but everyday I think maybe I should train back and arms a little it's difficult to rest.  Remember guys we grow when we rest and eat not when we train.

Fuck off.  There.  That is pretty much what most, if not all, here think of you and your bullshit.  Pick it up.  Put it down. Eat.  Sleep.  Repeat.  Not exactly rocket science, ac. 

So then, let's review shall we?  Fuck off.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3142 on: November 10, 2021, 05:07:34 AM »
Very scientific post.
 ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3143 on: November 10, 2021, 05:17:05 AM »
10 Min Warm up
35 min back , calves,

Circuit 1 - 30 minutes   - 40 sec work 20 sec rest   - 4 rounds

Tire Flip
Burpee / Pull Up
Sandbag Bear Crawl
Sled Push / Pull Rows
Prone Row
Kettlebell swings
Rope Climb hands only

Circuit 2 - 30 minutes

Assault Bike
Med Ball slams
Mountain climbers
Pull Ups
Hanging legs raises.   

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #3144 on: November 10, 2021, 05:17:18 AM »
11/9

Olympic

Hang Snatch (position 1 / knees) 5 x 3 @ 70% - do not drop between reps

Weight lifting

Push press 10, 8 , 6, 6, 6 - start at 60% and build
Squat 3 x 8

Conditioning
For time (use running clock but score each section separate):

60 toes-to-bar
Starting at the 0:00 and every 2 mins, 12 calorie assault bike

- at the 15:00

60 wall ball @20#

- at the 30:00

25 power clean @ 135#

notes
- Can no tell what weight I used on all of the sections because I : used different clips, had my knee sleeves (which I returned and purchased 17x) on for some things and not for others, was chewing gum for some things and not others, drank some water at the beginning and finished it at the end, had to switch racks to accommodate the classes going on, took a piss a couple of times during training, didn't weigh my ohio bar before lifting.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3145 on: November 10, 2021, 05:20:20 AM »
Sweet!

11/9

Olympic

Hang Snatch (position 1 / knees) 5 x 3 @ 70% - do not drop between reps

Weight lifting

Push press 10, 8 , 6, 6, 6 - start at 60% and build
Squat 3 x 8

Conditioning
For time (use running clock but score each section separate):

60 toes-to-bar

- at the 15:00

60 wall ball @20#

- at the 30:00

25 power clean @ 135#

notes
- Can no tell what weight I used on all of the sections because I : used different clips, had my knee sleeves (which I returned and purchased 17x) on for some things and not for others, was chewing gum for some things and not others, drank some water at the beginning and finished it at the end, had to switch racks to accommodate the classes going on, took a piss a couple of times during training, didn't weigh my ohio bar before lifting.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #3146 on: November 10, 2021, 05:24:27 AM »

#7,739 advice you won't ever take : Taking a 'couple of days off' isn't gonna heal anything.  Do some fucking rehab and research what it takes to heal.  (Oh, wait, you won't do that because you know everything.  You have learned it through Flex magazine, etc.  Cue you now going online to purchase elbow sleeves)

You aren't "filling out".  Shut the fuck up with your sudden philosophical statements.   

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3147 on: November 10, 2021, 05:43:29 AM »
10 Min Warm up
35 min back , calves,

Circuit 1 - 30 minutes   - 40 sec work 20 sec rest   - 4 rounds

Tire Flip
Burpee / Pull Up
Sandbag Bear Crawl
Sled Push / Pull Rows
Prone Row
Kettlebell swings
Rope Climb hands only

Circuit 2 - 30 minutes

Assault Bike
Med Ball slams
Mountain climbers
Pull Ups
Hanging legs raises.

Do you want to waste away to nothing? This looks like crossfit

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3148 on: November 10, 2021, 05:50:19 AM »
#7,739 advice you won't ever take : Taking a 'couple of days off' isn't gonna heal anything.  Do some fucking rehab and research what it takes to heal.  (Oh, wait, you won't do that because you know everything.  You have learned it through Flex magazine, etc.  Cue you now going online to purchase elbow sleeves)

You aren't "filling out".  Shut the fuck up with your sudden philosophical statements.

The scale disagrees 227lbs at 9am and it has been more than a couple days. I have not been training arms or back for maybe 2 few weeks now. I have also done modified training prior. I have tendonitis. I need a cocoon of Nutrients and higher estrogen and sodium levels and a couple weeks resting those tendons. I have elbow sleeves but I need rest and recovery which means food and sleep. But I will still train around it to stay anabolic. You keep throwing a ball against a wall because we all know that is effective training.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #3149 on: November 10, 2021, 05:55:54 AM »
The scale disagrees 227lbs at 9am and it has been more than a couple days. I have not been training arms or back for maybe 2 few weeks now. I have also done modified training prior. I have tendonitis. I need a cocoon of Nutrients and higher estrogen and sodium levels and a couple weeks resting those tendons. I have elbow sleeves but I need rest and recovery which means food and sleep. But I will still train around it to stay anabolic. You keep throwing a ball against a wall because we all know that is effective training.

Is the nutrition cocoon something that should be kept on a permanent basis?  Or is it a periodic thing?  Do you make your legs swell up every 4 months to keep everything running smoothly?