Author Topic: Alec Baldwin Shoots Woman Dead On Movie Set  (Read 32854 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Alec Baldwin Shoots Woman Dead On Movie Set
« Reply #350 on: December 04, 2021, 11:19:51 AM »
Pretty sure I read that for the shot he was in a seated position in a church pew, and had to cross draw the revolver from his left side using his right hand, sweeping towards the camera and cocking the trigger at the same time.  So he would end up pointing into the lens with a cocked gun.  He says he fumbled the cocking motion and released at then end of the sweep before it had latched...

Apologies that I can't remember where I read this sequence of events, but it does seem to explain most of what happened - except for the loaded firearm part of course

I have absolutely no idea/opinion on whether the above is true or even possible, just leaving it here for the guys who do know about this stuff to comment on please

Most single actions won't create enough force for the firing pin to set off the primer until the hammer is in the locked position for this exact reason. I say most because old antiques may fire, these type of things are changed for safety over time. Back in the good old day they used to carry their 6 shooters with 5 rounds due to that type of ND.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #351 on: December 04, 2021, 11:29:45 AM »
Most single actions won't create enough force for the firing pin to set off the primer until the hammer is in the locked position for this exact reason. I say most because old antiques may fire, these type of things are changed for safety over time. Back in the good old day they used to carry their 6 shooters with 5 rounds due to that type of ND.

Thanks - that's the kind of knowledge I just don't have.  So if the prop was an old POS, maybe had been cycled many many times over the years for multiple movies, then what he says is possible - even if very unlikely?
T

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #352 on: December 04, 2021, 11:41:52 AM »
Thanks - that's the kind of knowledge I just don't have.  So if the prop was an old POS, maybe had been cycled many many times over the years for multiple movies, then what he says is possible - even if very unlikely?
Unlikely but not impossible. Still 100% no excuse for live ammo on a movie set and any person handed a gun should always check for clear themself, no excuses.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." -- Joe Rogan
« Reply #353 on: December 04, 2021, 11:42:12 AM »
Baldwin is a lying sociopathic piece of crap and so is his wife.

They are perfectly matched.

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #354 on: December 04, 2021, 11:50:11 AM »
Unlikely but not impossible. Still 100% no excuse for live ammo on a movie set and any person handed a gun should always check for clear themself, no excuses.

Absolutely - someone posted a clip where one of the Duke Bros showed the procedure - so yes he f**ked up
T

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #355 on: December 04, 2021, 12:20:13 PM »
Absolutely - someone posted a clip where one of the Duke Bros showed the procedure - so yes he f**ked up

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #356 on: December 04, 2021, 02:40:45 PM »

Hahaha - as I typed that I realised I'd left the door open, but I couldn't think of John Schneider's name at the time ;D
T

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #357 on: December 04, 2021, 04:44:09 PM »
Posted for informational purposes.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #358 on: December 04, 2021, 05:20:55 PM »

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #359 on: December 04, 2021, 06:07:33 PM »
I don't see it happening either, usually when people have an accident with old SA type revolvers, it's either from fanning them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMZEkZQQ6hk , or something banging the back of the hammer really hard (eg - the gun falling out of the holster and falling hammer first on to the floor, rocks, etc....). If it was a mechanical failure, they should be able to make it happen repeatedly, so far, we haven't seen anything like that.

That being said, old SA revolvers have long had a rep for being fragile, so I bet he or his lawyers looked them up, and concocted this story.

There are old product recalls (https://www.ruger.com/pdf/safetyOfferAd.pdf), magazine articles, and youtube videos referencing that type of hammer malfunction that it can sway people not familiar.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #360 on: December 04, 2021, 07:27:05 PM »
Of course he is lying. If that was the case he would have stated that as soon as it happen.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #361 on: December 04, 2021, 07:39:46 PM »
When it's the right kind of person involved it is the inanimate object's fault...guns...SUVs...et c.

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #362 on: December 04, 2021, 07:50:34 PM »
Also if he was holding the gun with his finger off the trigger, where is the probable damage to his hand from flame, etc.... from the cylinder gap? -

You'd have to hold it it in a very odd way to keep your finger off the trigger, and be safe from the cylinder gap if the gun went off.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #363 on: December 04, 2021, 09:28:49 PM »
Obviously baldwin didnt intend to shoot and kill someone, the gun should never have had live rounds but its obvious he's spouting some bullshit

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #364 on: December 04, 2021, 10:02:02 PM »
Also if he was holding the gun with his finger off the trigger, where is the probable damage to his hand from flame, etc.... from the cylinder gap? -

You'd have to hold it it in a very odd way to keep your finger off the trigger, and be safe from the cylinder gap if the gun went off.
Completely different gun.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #365 on: December 04, 2021, 10:26:56 PM »
Completely different gun.

Sure, just using it as an explanation of what it is and where it comes out of for our non-gun friends. 

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #366 on: December 04, 2021, 10:56:28 PM »
Sure, just using it as an explanation of what it is and where it comes out of for our non-gun friends.
Yeah but that picture you posted is a Chiappa Rino, the round actually fires from the bottom cylinder and the barrel is lower than the SA revolver he was using.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #367 on: December 04, 2021, 11:12:17 PM »
Is it ok if I mention that I think Alec Baldwin is a dickhead and a moron.  He's one of my least favorite people on planet Earth.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #368 on: December 05, 2021, 10:00:47 AM »
How's hatchetman Alec Baldwin going to control his habit when he can't even suppress making finger-gun gestures towards the camera during a Good Morning America interview. He's telegraphing behavior consistent with someone who's jonesing to extinguish yet another camera operator.

Alec Baldwin's not going to be happy until they give him his own reality show on a remote jungle island where, armed and dressed as a big-game hunter, he gives movie crews a sportsmanlike head start before he tracks down and mops up every single one of them, from producer to production assistant, before retreating to his chateau and celebrating his massacre by smoking a pipe by the fireplace with his deaf-mute servant Ivan. 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #369 on: December 05, 2021, 10:08:23 AM »
Ban hands!

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #370 on: December 05, 2021, 12:21:38 PM »
Is it ok if I mention that I think Alec Baldwin is a dickhead and a moron.  He's one of my least favorite people on planet Earth.
QFT.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #371 on: December 05, 2021, 03:08:34 PM »

Amen!

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #372 on: December 05, 2021, 03:37:01 PM »
I don't see it happening either, usually when people have an accident with old SA type revolvers, it's either from fanning them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMZEkZQQ6hk , or something banging the back of the hammer really hard (eg - the gun falling out of the holster and falling hammer first on to the floor, rocks, etc....). If it was a mechanical failure, they should be able to make it happen repeatedly, so far, we haven't seen anything like that.

That being said, old SA revolvers have long had a rep for being fragile, so I bet he or his lawyers looked them up, and concocted this story.

There are old product recalls (https://www.ruger.com/pdf/safetyOfferAd.pdf), magazine articles, and youtube videos referencing that type of hammer malfunction that it can sway people not familiar.

Ah, that phrase reminds me of the old Westerns, where they 'fanned' the gun to fire multiple shots quickly.  In those cases (I presume) they just held the trigger down while they pulled the hammer back over and over again?  To get around the need for it to fully cock?  Or do they modify them so they can do this maybe?

Sorry for all the questions :)
T

fredrollon

• Getbig III
« Reply #373 on: December 05, 2021, 03:50:27 PM »

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #374 on: December 05, 2021, 03:57:44 PM »
: