Author Topic: Dont Put Another Dime in the Salvation Army Bucket  (Read 7079 times)

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
Re: Dont Put Another Dime in the Salvation Army Bucket
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2021, 10:18:20 AM »
Mcdonalds drive thru today 2 fukwads begging for money from people going through
fuk them

fuk everyone
"

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2021, 10:19:18 AM »
The Salvation Army can suck my fucking dick.
They would get a lot more donations if they did that.

mryorkielover

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2021, 11:25:41 AM »

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2021, 02:31:28 PM »
The Salvation Army has gone woke.

The charity is asking its white donors to do more than just drop some coins into the kettle when they go shopping this holiday season. Leaders of the Army want whites to apologize for being racist.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/salvation-army-wants-white-donors-to-offer-sincere-apology-for-their-racism?%3Futm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=dwtwitter

Politics aside, I think it's safe that 99.9% of get biggers weren't giving a dime to this or any other charity.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2021, 02:45:36 PM »
Politics aside, I think it's safe that 99.9% of get biggers weren't giving a dime to this or any other charity.

Jesus- you have a complex where you think you are the sage of Getbig. How the fuck do you know what any of us do?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2021, 02:51:58 PM »
Those people panhandling by the highway are professional panhandlers.  They usually work in organized "gangs" but also solo.

They dress up in old clothes to look like bums.  They make hundreds of dollars a day.

Just yesterday when I went to pick-up a prescription at Market of Choice which is a small independent local chain, there was nicely dressed man holding a homemade sign with his two bundled up toddlers sitting in child-sized lawn chairs next to him. I assume he was panhandling. I doubt he was there for long as the West Linn police hustle panhandlers out of the city ASAP. Still, pretty cunning of this father to set up shop outside a very high end market in an expensive neighborhood. In the few minutes it took for me to walk from my car to the store, a couple of people dropped paper money into his bucket. I'm surprised they didn't give him a $100 Visa gift debit card.

In the photo below, he was standing where the tulips were blooming last spring.

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2021, 02:56:03 PM »

Jesus- you have a complex where you think you are the sage of Getbig. How the fuck do you know what any of us do?

i dont get why Howard even stays here---everyone despises him and his posts are pure fuking garbage
and him posting that when he posted all about himself in the pellius tribute thread
what a  piece of shit
"

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2021, 03:16:41 PM »
Just yesterday when I went to pick-up a prescription at Market of Choice which is a small independent local chain, there was nicely dressed man holding a homemade sign with his two bundled up toddlers sitting in child-sized lawn chairs next to him. I assume he was panhandling. I doubt he was there for long as the West Linn police hustle panhandlers out of the city ASAP. Still, pretty cunning of this father to set up shop outside a very high end market in an expensive neighborhood. In the few minutes it took for me to walk from my car to the store, a couple of people dropped paper money into his bucket. I'm surprised they didn't give him a $100 Visa gift debit card.

In the photo below, he was standing where the tulips were blooming last spring.

LOL.....

Prime why are you against helping out the needy?

You're okay that the police would force this man and children out of your city?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2021, 03:45:05 PM »
LOL.....

Prime why are you against helping out the needy?

You're okay that the police would force this man and children out of your city?

I am okay with it and for the reason I previously stated. There are numerous social service resources for people who are at or below the poverty level with children. There is no reason they should be panhandling.

Here are a few government programs:

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
Health Insurance Marketplace
Medicaid (Oregon Health Plan)
Child's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
Subsidized Housing, Housing Vouchers, and Public Housing Programs
Supplemental Security Income Program (SSI)
Welfare or TANF
Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) You need to have earned some money. I doubt earning it via panhandling counts. 
Head Start
Low-Income Home Energy Program (LIHEAP)

In addition to the above are independent charities in most cities. These are a few very local ones:

West Linn Food Pantry (there are numerous food pantries in most cities)
Catholic Charities (one doesn't have to be Catholic to access their services)
Love Inc of Clackamas County
West Linn Lutheran Church
Northwest Children's Outreach Tualatin Center
SnowCap family services
Good Neighbor Center
Snowcap Communities Charities

And many, many more.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2021, 03:59:54 PM »
I am okay with it and for the reason I previously stated. There are numerous social service resources for people who are at or below the poverty level with children. There is no reason they should be panhandling.

Welfare or TANF
Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) You need to have earned some money. I doubt earning it via panhandling counts. 
Head Start

In addition to the above are independent charities in most cities. These are a few very local ones:

SnowCap family services
Good Neighbor Center

And many, many more.

Have a care lest you wind up self-labeling as a card carrying "Caucasional", i.e., one who is "white" only when it benefits one to be so.  Libs often do this. Okay...They always do this.

Just be careful, sir.

As for the bum and his chidrenz?  Fuck 'em.  I have long grown weary of these Free Ranging Hobos.  Fuck 'em to Hades!

Free Range Hobos should all be neutered and spayed.   So too should these filthy fuckwads that are surely spitting out bodies for LDS "Spirit Babies" to inhabit.  What else could be their reason for the rampant birth of litters of litter?  Morons Gone Wild? 

Oh yeah...Free money.  'n' sheit.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2021, 04:15:31 PM »
Have a care lest you wind up self-labeling as a card carrying "Caucasional", i.e., one who is "white" only when it benefits one to be so.  Libs often do this. Okay...They always do this.

Just be careful, sir.

I am struggling to understand what you are saying or trying to say. I am a "card carrying Caucasian."  My driver's license includes a photo of me which clearly shows my race. I cannot think of a time when my being white did not feel like a benefit...but then, I've never had the opportunity to be anything but white. So, I have nothing to compare it to. 

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2021, 04:37:51 PM »
I am struggling to understand what you are saying or trying to say. I am a "card carrying Caucasian."  My driver's license includes a photo of me which clearly shows my race. I cannot think of a time when my being white did not feel like a benefit...but then, I've never had the opportunity to be anything but white. So, I have nothing to compare it to.

"Caucasional" is a portmanteau word.  It combines the words "caucasian" and "occasional", i.e., denoting, as John who created the word said, "someone who is white but only behaves or demands the supposed "privileges" of being white only when it is convenient/beneficial for them to do so.

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2021, 04:42:47 PM »

The Scott talks like an idiot 103% of the time. As much as your long winded posts can annoy me at times, at least you dont sink to the moronic levels of The Scott
"

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2021, 04:56:59 PM »
"Caucasional" is a portmanteau word.  It combines the words "caucasian" and "occasional", i.e., denoting, as John who created the word said, "someone who is white but only behaves or demands the supposed "privileges" of being white only when it is convenient/beneficial for them to do so.

Okay, I get the definition which is pretends to be white when it is advantageous. How does this apply to me. I am white, I am not pretending to be white. Who is this person, John?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2021, 04:57:28 PM »

Welfare or TANF
Head Start

SnowCap family services
Good Neighbor Center

And many, many more.

So there is ZERO reason for panhandling?

What if he was homeless? Were you okay with him being forced out of your community?

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2021, 05:05:46 PM »
Don't fight liberal logic.

TheFranchise

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2021, 06:10:02 PM »

What if he was homeless? Were you okay with Jim being forced out of your community?

Libtards don’t like it when homeless people and panhandlers  stay in their area. It’s causes them great cognitive dissonance.

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2021, 06:17:09 PM »
Libtards don’t like it when homeless people and panhandlers  stay in their area. It’s causes them great cognitive dissonance.

Some dark douche was asking me for change a while back,...I pulled out a 20 and said "If you were white Id give you this but you arent so you get nothing"

"

TheFranchise

• Getbig III
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2021, 06:19:47 PM »
Some dark douche was asking me for change a while back,...I pulled out a 20 and said "If you were white Id give you this but you arent so you get nothing"

:D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2021, 07:06:50 PM »

What if he was homeless? Were you okay with Jim being forced out of your community?

How cute, you gave this well dressed father of well dressed little children a name in order to humanize him. You sure like to argue just for the sake of arguing. 

I just wrote and deleted a simple explanation. Bottom line is that you don't know what you are talking about. Come live where I do for a year.  If after that time you still have the same question, I will attempt answer it, despite my concern over the fact that you are beyond dense.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2021, 07:19:48 PM »

FYI, this libtard has the same beliefs regardless of where I am. I've repeatedly given cash to a fellow who entertained folks stuck in slow moving traffic by singing while strumming his guitar. No matter that he wasn't the best singer or guitar player...he was doing something to earn the money people gave him.

Trust me, no panhandler stays (actually lives) in this area. They have drive or walk 12 miles out of the city to set up shop. If they choose to panhandle in West Linn, they are who has issues with cognitive dissonance.   

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2021, 07:28:55 PM »
Okay, I get the definition which is pretends to be white when it is advantageous. How does this apply to me. I am white, I am not pretending to be white. Who is this person, John?

I shall attempt to explain it one more time.  You are white but a "caucasional" is a white person that loathes the color of their skin except when acknowledging it when it beneficial to them.

I said to be careful not to become one.  John was "Reeves" here.  He and to a greater degree my mother, are responsible for my phraseology.   I do  not know if you knew him here.  I knew him in person.  Much smarter than I but kind enough not to belittle someone like me.  Thanks for asking.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2021, 07:35:10 PM »
The Scott talks like an idiot 103% of the time. As much as your long winded posts can annoy me at times, at least you dont sink to the moronic levels of The Scott

Thanks Louie.  I shall now attribute your preening pretenses to poor upbringing and being deaf not only to sound but to reality. 

In person I probably sound more like "Sloth" from "The Goonies". 

This is not the real world. 

This place is turgid with barrel boys. We are not friends.  Be glad.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2021, 07:39:50 PM »

Wow.    It's as if we were in the presence of Maya Angelou. A $20?  Really now, Louie...

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2021, 07:42:52 PM »
Wow.    It's as if we were in the presence of Maya Angelou. A $20?  Really now, Louie...

leave it to you to be so overwhelmingly stupid as to think the amount of money was the key of the story
drop dead already, youre using up precious air
"