Author Topic: chess tournament here  (Read 3245 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
chess tournament here
« on: December 02, 2021, 07:32:40 PM »
who will be the most intelligent victor

Vince G or B?
A

Dave D

• Getbig V
Re: chess tournament here
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 07:36:08 PM »
There names is Vince not Victor Marvin.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 07:59:35 PM »
1:04

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 08:48:49 PM »
My nikka

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2021, 08:50:01 PM »

Vince G or B?

You are checkers material.  You paint huffing retard.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2021, 08:51:20 AM »

Vince G or B?

WE need to know their level?

I actually played tournament chess in HS /college and my final rating was 1635   ( started at 1150).

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2021, 08:55:39 AM »

I actually played tournament chess in HS /college and my final rating was 1635   ( started at 1150).
How exciting  ::)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2021, 03:20:48 PM »
How exciting  ::)

If you thought that was rivoting info, call me.
I can recite some of my best physics problems solutions. ;)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2021, 03:33:25 PM »
Post your phone number so he can call. :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2021, 04:46:40 PM »
Post your phone number so he can call. :D

1-202-456-6213

If I'm busy in the bathroom , leave  a message with Uncle Joe  ;)

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2021, 07:42:25 PM »

brutal if true
~

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2021, 07:48:09 PM »
1-202-456-6213

If I'm busy in the bathroom , leave  a message with Uncle Joe  ;)

Howard this is NOT your number.  It's a line to the White House.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2021, 07:51:55 PM »
Howard this is NOT your number.  It's a line to the White House.

It is?  ;)   Did you call it ? LOL

No shit , Sherlock, it's the WH public  comment line .

Try telling them , your concerns about getbig and see what they say  ;D
I figured my reply with  "leave a message for  Uncle Joe" might tip ya off .

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2021, 09:58:16 PM »

Got to 1600 on lichess but played mostly rapid games as Classical just takes too long. Played a few online tournaments. I'm good at opening and controlling the center but my middle game needs work.  Just curious, to go from 1150 to 1635 were you learning strategy(Knights gambit, Sicilian defense, etc.) or just playing a lot and picking up patterns on your own?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2021, 10:36:53 PM »
Got to 1600 on lichess but played mostly rapid games as Classical just takes too long. Played a few online tournaments. I'm good at opening and controlling the center but my middle game needs work.  Just curious, to go from 1150 to 1635 were you learning strategy(Knights gambit, Sicilian defense, etc.) or just playing a lot and picking up patterns on your own?

I really got into chess in Jr HS during the 1972 , Fisher ( USA) vs Spassky (USSR) match.
It was on TV and they had a giant paper board with cardboard pcs they moved on it.
Then a few grand masters gave pre and post game analysis. It was like the Superbowl .

I loved playing the classic queens gambit and got into more attacking styles.
After learning to play and understanding some openings and basic strategies, I joined the USCF.

I played in my first USCF tourney in 8th gr and played on my 4 man HS chess team, all 4 years.
We also played in regional open tourneys. The guy who played 1st board was a real math and chess genius.
I think he was rated around 2000 in HS and won every HS match we played as a team. LOL, got a "5" on the AP calculus exam!

I peaked in the summer , right after HS graduation and my passion for chess faded quickly afterwards.

I played 3rd board against another  school at a   match from 3-4 pm on a Friday .
Went to eat and returned to the school to play fullback with the football team that night. 100% serious.
I rarely matched any stereotypes or fit in with many people .

LOL, I don't even fit in with get biggers. How pathetic is THAT.

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2021, 05:28:29 AM »
Love chess....play everyday at chess.com
FIDE World championship going on now with Magnus Carlson winning although most games are draws.
Can watch on chess.com or can watch on youtube
Can play a robot there without joining thats a 600 just to practice
For 22 bucks you get a decent membership.
Game 8 going on now between the 2 best in the world
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QUQF1fUmy0

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2021, 05:38:09 AM »
Love chess....play everyday at chess.com
FIDE World championship going on now with Magnus Carlson winning although most games are draws.
Can watch on chess.com or can watch on youtube
Can play a robot there without joining thats a 600 just to practice
For 22 bucks you get a decent membership.
Game 8 going on now between the 2 best in the world
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QUQF1fUmy0
just beat the computer on that site, but timed chess is best. Took me about 40 min untimed
A

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2021, 07:30:12 AM »
I really got into chess in Jr HS during the 1972 , Fisher ( USA) vs Spassky (USSR) match.
It was on TV and they had a giant paper board with cardboard pcs they moved on it.
Then a few grand masters gave pre and post game analysis. It was like the Superbowl .

I loved playing the classic queens gambit and got into more attacking styles.
After learning to play and understanding some openings and basic strategies, I joined the USCF.

I played in my first USCF tourney in 8th gr and played on my 4 man HS chess team, all 4 years.
We also played in regional open tourneys. The guy who played 1st board was a real math and chess genius.
I think he was rated around 2000 in HS and won every HS match we played as a team. LOL, got a "5" on the AP calculus exam!

I peaked in the summer , right after HS graduation and my passion for chess faded quickly afterwards.

I played 3rd board against another  school at a   match from 3-4 pm on a Friday .
Went to eat and returned to the school to play fullback with the football team that night. 100% serious.
I rarely matched any stereotypes or fit in with many people .

LOL, I don't even fit in with get biggers. How pathetic is THAT.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2021, 08:13:06 AM »
Ray Gordon would crush all of you at chess.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2021, 07:20:25 PM »
     Chess has taught us about the future of civilization. In the 80s and 90s, IBM created a computer called Deep Blue that could beat Gary Kasparov, the greatest chess master at the time.  Now Carlson or any grand master would not stand a chance against the world's top chess computer. AI computers can SMASH the best chess player in the world. Every time. And Chess is in many ways a metaphor for life.

So why not have a computer run for President? You want to make economic decisions? The computer can look at every bull market, bear market. interest rate, crash, depression, and adjustment since the beginning of commerce in every country in seconds. Economic policy should be determined by THAT president. As well as war, allocating resources and everything else. The top military general in the world could not have the database of conflicts and resolutions AI can have in seconds. Every war and outcome from the beginning of recorded history. AI has SURPASSED human knowledge and intelligence. The race for artificial intelligence is the race for world domination.

Us arrogant humans thought we were the end of evolution? Oh no. AI is the next step. And they will have no ego, no sex scandals, no cover ups, just the truth, just like Chess. There is nowhere to hide in Chess. Your intellect will be exposed at some level.   

Get ready. Artificial Intelligence is about to dominate the world just like they dominate Chess. And whoever is in control of that AI will run the world.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2021, 07:36:05 PM »
     Chess has taught us about the future of civilization. In the 80s and 90s, IBM created a computer called Deep Blue that could beat Gary Kasparov, the greatest chess master at the time.  Now Carlson or any grand master would not stand a chance against the world's top chess computer. AI computers can SMASH the best chess player in the world. Every time. And Chess is in many ways a metaphor for life.

So why not have a computer run for President? You want to make economic decisions? The computer can look at every bull market, bear market. interest rate, crash, depression, and adjustment since the beginning of commerce in every country in seconds. Economic policy should be determined by THAT president. As well as war, allocating resources and everything else. The top military general in the world could not have the database of conflicts and resolutions AI can have in seconds. Every war and outcome from the beginning of recorded history. AI has SURPASSED human knowledge and intelligence. The race for artificial intelligence is the race for world domination.

Us arrogant humans thought we were the end of evolution? Oh no. AI is the next step. And they will have no ego, no sex scandals, no cover ups, just the truth, just like Chess. There is nowhere to hide in Chess. Your intellect will be exposed at some level.   

Get ready. Artificial Intelligence is about to dominate the world just like they dominate Chess. And whoever is in control of that AI will run the world.

AI has been running the stock market for a while now. We're nearing that scene from "War Games" though - there is not much left to squeeze out.

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2021, 01:23:56 AM »
I don't call creepy old schmoes

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2021, 05:42:32 AM »

Liberals would go for this
A

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2021, 07:40:57 AM »
I don't call creepy old schmoes

Pass his number along and have your creepiest friends call him !

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2021, 09:38:45 AM »
Liberals would go for this
There are no liberals. There are no conservatives. Most members of each party are worth tens(if not hundreds) of millions of dollars. They belong to the same class. The elite class. It's all a game. Just like Chess. A power game the elite play with the peasants as pawns.