Author Topic: Corporate take over  (Read 1135 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Corporate take over
« on: February 08, 2022, 05:51:20 PM »
google buys building in manhatten for 2Billion with a B

Google can borrow money without interest or much less interest than private buisnesses

Most dont get it, unlimited loans these corps get at no interest

All while the fed plans to hike interest rates 7 times this year making borrowing unaffordable , but corps dont have to pay interest they will gobble up the wealth
A

Mayday

• Getbig IV
Re: Corporate take over
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 02:26:42 AM »

Google can borrow money without interest or much less interest than private buisnesses

All while the fed plans to hike interest rates 7 times this year making borrowing unaffordable , but corps dont have to pay interest they will gobble up the wealth

Plebs don’t get billion dollar loans.

It Makes sense they should get lower rates yes?

2B @ 1% meanwhile plebs get 0.0004B @ 3% and complain it’s unfair?

People pick at the wrong thing. It isn’t the difference in rates between rich and poor it is the fact we went from low value high 15% IR down to high value low 0% IR that fucked young people who never got the opportunity to save money to get ahead.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 04:36:13 AM »
Plebs don’t get billion dollar loans.

It Makes sense they should get lower rates yes?

2B @ 1% meanwhile plebs get 0.0004B @ 3% and complain it’s unfair?

People pick at the wrong thing. It isn’t the difference in rates between rich and poor it is the fact we went from low value high 15% IR down to high value low 0% IR that fucked young people who never got the opportunity to save money to get ahead.
every big asset a car or house has always been high value after 1995 -2000 era.... Private buis cannot compete with a corp who doesnt pay interest.
A

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 05:34:50 AM »

You sound remotely smart for a inbred redneck wetfart
All the stock market companies pumped up their value with free money, let's see how much time FED will borrow with its hawkish stance  ::)

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2022, 05:45:07 AM »

I worked on a Fixed Income Trading desk in NYC for years (debt trading)

Corporations issue bonds that pay the risk free rate (inflation government bonds) plus a risk premium (their credit rating) that coupon rate then adjust based on price. For example a 5% coupon would be worth more than 100 dollar par value as it is a higher than market rate (assuming market rate is 3%). A 1% coupon bond would be worth less than 100 par value. Or they can just issue a 0% coupon bond which would trade significantly lower than the 100 par value maturity price but it is still going to pay the 3% market rate over the life of the bond it will be discounted from par based on the current market rate.

The point I am trying to make is corporate debt is publicly traded at market rates. The only reason a corporation would pay less interest than anyone else is due to their perceived lower credit risk. Investors absolutely are going to demand market interest rates aka the fed rate plus an additional risk premium. The value of the bonds will then rise and fall based on changes in the underlying risk free federal rate and the changes in the corporate credit worthiness. The idea that corporations get unlimited interest free loans is fucking absurd.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2022, 05:56:07 AM »

Corporations issue bonds that pay the risk free rate (inflation government bonds) plus a risk premium (their credit rating) that coupon rate then adjust based on price. For example a 5% coupon would be worth more than 100 dollar par value as it is a higher than market rate (assuming market rate is 3%). A 1% coupon bond would be worth less than 100 par value. Or they can just issue a 0% coupon bond which would trade significantly lower than the 100 par value maturity price but it is still going to pay the 3% market rate over the life of the bond it will be discounted from par based on the current market rate.

The point I am trying to make is corporate debt is publicly traded at market rates. The only reason a corporation would pay less interest than anyone else is due to their perceived lower credit risk. Investors absolutely are going to demand market interest rates aka the fed rate plus an additional risk premium. The value of the bonds will then rise and fall based on changes in the underlying risk free federal rate and the changes in the corporate credit worthiness. The idea that corporations get unlimited interest free loans is fucking absurd.

Bhank bringing the pain.  Had no idea you did this.  Respect

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2022, 06:40:56 AM »

thanks for your explanation , of course youve left out some details wich leverage corporations way over private biz. The mentality of a corp guy is just positioning for value, you create nothing you admit this 'debt trading'.  Private biz people position themselfs too but they actualy create a product, bhank you might want to consider wether or not youre working for satan
A

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2022, 07:18:56 AM »
thanks for your explanation , of course youve left out some details wich leverage corporations way over private biz. The mentality of a corp guy is just positioning for value, you create nothing you admit this 'debt trading'.  Private biz people position themselfs too but they actualy create a product, bhank you might want to consider wether or not youre working for satan

If Satan is willing to pay me a decent salary to provide for my family then sign me up. My boy wants to go to Space camp

Without debt trading there would be no financing and investing no money to fund private business to create any products no mortgage loans to give people the option of home ownership. Leverage works for everyone

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2022, 07:26:15 AM »
Bhank bringing the pain.  Had no idea you did this.  Respect

Despite what the haters say I do not live with my Mother and use my EBT card to buy Dbol and Tuna fish

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2022, 07:43:38 AM »
If Satan is willing to pay me a decent salary to provide for my family then sign me up. My boy wants to go to Space camp

Without debt trading there would be no financing and investing no money to fund private business to create any products no mortgage loans to give people the option of home ownership. Leverage works for everyone
'publicans were never needed bro dont fool yourself
A

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2022, 08:06:36 AM »
'publicans were never needed bro dont fool yourself

I don't even understand your response

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2022, 08:11:18 AM »

brian, you should hit up vince goodrum phd. for stock and trading advices.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2022, 08:21:03 AM »
He couldn't do any worse than me. I have a degree in Finance. I am a CFA. I have worked in corporate trading. Yet I still have managed to lose my own money in a bull market. Anyone can get it wrong shit happens.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2022, 09:02:26 AM »
He couldn't do any worse than me. I have a degree in Finance. I am a CFA. I have worked in corporate trading. Yet I still have managed to lose my own money in a bull market. Anyone can get it wrong shit happens.

need the inside trader secrets like ugly nancy pelosi.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2022, 09:09:16 AM »
need the inside trader secrets like ugly nancy pelosi.

Oh yeah I mean anyone other than a politician with insider information how do you think the corporations buy them campaign donations are not the only way

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2022, 09:27:38 AM »

;D

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2022, 01:36:29 PM »

Your son talks well enough that he said he wants to go to space camp…..

The same kid you posted a video of saying the f word?

Kid probably realizes his dad lives in outer space.