Author Topic: supplement gimmicks  (Read 2958 times)

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
Re: supplement gimmicks
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2022, 10:50:34 AM »
Even if you eat and train hard supplements do very little. If you want big muscles while being cut you need to use gear.

agreed.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2022, 12:12:17 PM »
The only powder out there that I have ever found to be worth a damn is Beverly International.  It doesn't give me gas or bloat like the others do.  And the chocolate tastes great.  Though I usually only order vanilla for baking protein bars to pack when I travel internationally for my photo gigs.  It's much more healthy and stomach friendly than the damn airline food.  One jug of Beverly lasts me about 4 months because I use so little of it.

For liquid protein consumption, I rely on a drink that I have been doing for years now and it is cheap and no stomach issues.

1 cup liquid egg whites
1 cup reduced fat Fairlife chocolate milk

That is almost 40 grams of protein, 5 grams fat and under 15 carbs per drink.  And depending on where you purchase your egg whites and the milk, it is only $1.75 to $2.50 per serving. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2022, 12:16:12 PM »
Speaking of clearance sales and whey protein.....check this out!

https://www.puritan.com/mvc/Catalog/Search?searchText=whey%20protein

Clearance sale: 2-lb Myology Whey Protein Isolate (Chocolate) for $5. I order 5 of them last week. Use search engine (i.e. Google) to get to this site; but do so by typing "$25 free shipping". That way you only have to buy $25 worth of stuff to get free shipping instead of the usual $50.

Apparently that sale is over, I am not seeing it.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2022, 02:02:03 PM »
Haha 82 quid for 12 scoops of protein the worst part is plenty idiots will buy that shit. Not sure why anyone bothers in a day and age where steroids are cheap, readily available and actually work. Vial of test is 20 quid and if was to use it all in one month will be 625mg test a week and would destroy the results given by any combination of legal supplements at a fraction of the cost yet there are idioms spending hundreds a month on worthless shit supplements. Even cost of whey these days fucks sake 2 kilos of back bacon is a fiver from the butchers and is actually enjoyable to eat

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2022, 05:43:00 PM »
historically, supplements cost me very little money, I only used things I thought would give a minor boost, maybe some recovery.
Creatine basically and some Protein.

Protein was always good to have around for one meal/snack/shake. Like having a treat each day, I have a bit of a sweet tooth.
Pro-Powder, whole-eggs, oats, bananas, peanut-butter - can get it all in with a great drink.

Never rely on the shit as they are just "supplements" to a good / real-food diet. And there are very few that might help...
I see morons post today about the 500.00 a month they spend on everything (Protein, Andro, Amino's, PWO's, SARMS, Peptides, etc) and they still look like garbage.
(Dont know how to eat or train).

King Kamali (for one) still likes his pills - he posted his pre-workout stuff a while back

T

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2022, 05:44:19 PM »
Haha 82 quid for 12 scoops of protein the worst part is plenty idiots will buy that shit. Not sure why anyone bothers in a day and age where steroids are cheap, readily available and actually work. Vial of test is 20 quid and if was to use it all in one month will be 625mg test a week and would destroy the results given by any combination of legal supplements at a fraction of the cost yet there are idioms spending hundreds a month on worthless shit supplements. Even cost of whey these days fucks sake 2 kilos of back bacon is a fiver from the butchers and is actually enjoyable to eat

:D

Hahaha - that's the most down-to-earth thing I've read all day ;D
T

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2022, 05:46:05 PM »
King Kamali (for one) still likes his pills - he posted his pre-workout stuff a while back
Jesus Christ. And I thought I enjoyed popping useless pills. You damn well know he’s pissing 99% of that out within a couple hours via his 3” Persian pecker. Why take 100 Advils when you can take 2 Aleve? (Old Tom Prince joke)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2022, 08:20:41 PM »

Yep. The 2-lb jugs of chocolate are now $20. I'm glad I got them when I did. Plus, I had a "25% off one item" coupon which Puritan applied to ALL FIVE of the jugs, instead of just one. So, those five jugs ended up costing me $18.75. So, I bought some Tribulus for $9 and change as well.

What is the actual taste like?

It's quite delicious, actually. I prefer strawberry; but at $5 for a 2-lb jug, I can grin and bear chocolate for a few more weeks.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2022, 08:30:39 PM »
Eat eggs.

I already do: First thing in the morning (mixed with milk and, occasionally, oatmeal) and before bed (mixed with Greek yogurt).

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2022, 08:43:06 PM »
I can't believe people still buy supplements,  beef, eggs, raw dairy, beef liver. The most bioavailable, nutrient dense food on the planet. No fillers, no artificial flavoring, no contamination.
been wanting to try this, got sample simple meal plan?

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2022, 01:24:31 AM »

It did end and they sold out and refunded my money, LOL...  ::)

Not too good at "stock/inventory-control" I guess.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2022, 02:00:13 AM »
Most of my protein intake now is scooping cottage cheese in my mouth and washing it down with water.

Something happened with me and protein shakes, they taste disgusting to me. I can stomach some RTDs from the supermarket but they are expensive. I'm one of the few here who thinks protein powder is food. Nothing wrong with it. If I was rich I would live on those RTDs they serve to patients at hospitals.

The only powder out there that I have ever found to be worth a damn is Beverly International.  It doesn't give me gas or bloat like the others do.  And the chocolate tastes great. 

I read these rave reviews of Beverly for years. Never got a chance to try them. They are a pretty small company right?
Here's the thing: they buy their raw materials where other companies do so what's different?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2022, 02:22:27 AM »
Most of my protein intake now is scooping cottage cheese in my mouth and washing it down with water.

Something happened with me and protein shakes, they taste disgusting to me. I can stomach some RTDs from the supermarket but they are expensive. I'm one of the few here who thinks protein powder is food. Nothing wrong with it. If I was rich I would live on those RTDs they serve to patients at hospitals.

I read these rave reviews of Beverly for years. Never got a chance to try them. They are a pretty small company right?
Here's the thing: they buy their raw materials where other companies do so what's different?

Like you I got sick of various protien powders. I even bought the RTDs, ensure and fresubin the hospital give patients for a while (can find people selling them on ebay here) sick of them too.

The best I've find now are the clear whey proteins. It doesn't mix thick like normal protein powder, it's more like an amino drink.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2022, 02:23:52 AM »

This is exactly what it is, just food. People still think they're gonna get huge drinking brotein. Uhmm nope, just a convenient thing at times to get some in.
Shakes, mix in yogurt or oatmeal, etc.

Im the opposite, I like the powders but hate those RTD's. Read the labels on those, tons of artificial crap.
Lots of fake stuff in powders as well. Some are pretty clean like Dante's, just whey and lecithin.

INGREDIENTS: Whey Protein Isolate, Lecithin.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2022, 05:08:35 AM »

Yes, they are awesome.  Apparently, they have strict control on who gets to sell their products.  It took literally forever for Vitamin Shoppe to be able to carry it.  I don't know if GNC has it yet.  But I haven't set foot in a GNC in many years.  I have wondered that too.  Most likely they source out from the same places, but for some reason they are the best tasting and stomach friendly brand I have ever tried.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2022, 05:44:03 AM »
steak ingredients = steak

Whey protien powder ingredients =

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2022, 06:25:46 AM »
steak ingredients = steak

Whey protien powder ingredients =

Pink Himalayan sea salt... was regular salt going to mess up their formula?

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2022, 06:52:53 AM »
Pink Himalayan sea salt... was regular salt going to mess up their formula?

Himalayan Sea..?  Where's that when it's at home..? 🤔

T

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2022, 07:06:36 AM »
Himalayan Sea..?  Where's that when it's at home..? 🤔

Probably the Himalayas  ;D

It's just rock salt with a pink hue and a few extra trace minerals. Basically hippy salt.

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2022, 07:14:13 AM »

It's just rock salt with a pink hue and a few extra trace minerals. Basically hippy salt.

Just bought some yesterday for the first time to add to my water. Felt gay doing it kinda like when I used to buy Muscular Development at the store

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2022, 07:26:51 AM »

I should add the himalayas were actually once underwater and India (subcontinent) was a land mass attached to africa that drifted up towards Asia

Just bought some yesterday for the first time to add to my water. Felt gay doing it kinda like when I used to buy Muscular Development at the store

Try add some cucumber to the salted water and leave to chill for a couple of hours for an even more refreshing drink. No homo

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2022, 07:33:34 AM »
Try add some cucumber to the salted water and leave to chill for a couple of hours for an even more refreshing drink. No homo

I appreciate your advice, iron brother. I realized I was getting too little sodium since I mostly eat homemade meals. So between training and work, I think I was sweating out a lot of it and barely replacing it. Seems like for most, as long as you hit your potassium, calcium and magnesium levels, sodium doesn’t negatively affect blood pressure unless you’re salt sensitive. Pre-workout salt has definitely given me a better pump

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2022, 07:41:03 AM »

Love the idea that using pink hippy salt (thanks Flexacon) made you feel just a teensy bit pink yourself  ;D

I should add the himalayas were actually once underwater and India (subcontinent) was a land mass attached to africa that drifted up towards Asia

Thanks for being gentle with my stoopid question! 🤪  That makes perfect sense thanks
T

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2022, 09:31:46 AM »

Bro tip #2:
Salt your walla walla onions with pink himalayan sea salt for compounded anabolic effect.

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2022, 07:41:53 PM »
Bro tip #2:
Salt your walla walla onions with pink himalayan sea salt for compounded anabolic effect.

😄😆

Within the 20 minute window, right..?
T