Author Topic: supplement gimmicks  (Read 2982 times)

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
supplement gimmicks
« on: March 24, 2022, 05:32:22 AM »
12 scoops of protein (meal powder), each separated into its own plastic bottle.

82.00 plus shipping  ::)

Do fools still fall for this stuff??

https://www.amplemeal.com/products/high-carb-meal-shake-chocolate-bottle

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
Re: supplement gimmicks
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 05:46:12 AM »
“Clean carbs” oh brother

Whey concentrate combined with an $90 price tag ROFL

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 06:09:01 AM »
The kids will buy this snake oil like it`s going out of style...........sadly enough.

What a fucking ripoff it should be illegal............greed y conniving bastards.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2022, 06:49:58 AM »
I dont know about you guys - but I like to be reminded of losing my freedom and being confined hearing another man take a dump beside me when I take supps

https://condemnedlabz.com

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2022, 06:52:44 AM »
Eat eggs.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2022, 08:31:16 AM »
I dont know about you guys - but I like to be reminded of losing my freedom and being confined hearing another man take a dump beside me when I take supps

I thought it was an odd fit when Dusty went over there for a year promoting their crap.
He's back w/ Mutant now it looks like.
Before "Pervy-Joe Inflation" I was buying Nutricost, Whey, Creatine, HMB in large containers for a fraction of the cost.
Even that place has gone up due to raw-material costs. The retarded fuel costs affect everything.
Has to be shipped/trucked, etc...

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2022, 09:14:22 AM »
I thought it was an odd fit when Dusty went over there for a year promoting their crap.
Before "Pervy-Joe Inflation" I was buying Nutricost, Whey, Creatine, HMB in large containers for a fraction of the cost.
Even that place has gone up due to raw-material costs. The retarded fuel costs affect everything.

Same here - I was buying a lot of nutricost - their whey isolate was really good and inexpensive before covid - right off amazon

it seemed like they got into sponsoring collegiate sports - I know they are out of Utah and I saw them showcasing athletes from colleges around there

I feel like a jackass buying muscle mik from Walmart - need to find another goto protein mix

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2022, 02:50:39 PM »
F

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2022, 07:09:58 PM »

Same for me, only it was from Piping Rock and Puritan's Pride.

They had the 5-ounce cans of WheyFit Isolate for $0.83 (clearance) on Piping Rock. It used to be "Limit 2". But about two months ago, they didn't limit the purchase to just 20. So, I bought 22 of them for a little under $20. That's just under 7 lbs of whey isolate powder.

Puritan's Pride has a sports nutrition line, called Myology. That brand of HMB was $11.00 (but I've bought a bottle of sixty 1000-mg capsules for as little as $8 on occasion).

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2022, 07:54:45 PM »
$8 a bottle?? Wtf.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2022, 09:35:45 PM »
I can't believe people still buy supplements,  beef, eggs, raw dairy, beef liver. The most bioavailable, nutrient dense food on the planet. No fillers, no artificial flavoring, no contamination.

BRUTALIFTRUE

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2022, 10:13:53 PM »
Clean carbs... Fuck me, that takes the cake

BRUTALIFTRUE

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2022, 10:16:18 PM »
Oh and also... Brutal if true

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2022, 07:11:03 AM »
$8 a bottle?? Wtf.

That's only on occasion. Unfortunately, Puritan's Pride is either out of stock or stop carrying its HMB.

I can't believe people still buy supplements,  beef, eggs, raw dairy, beef liver. The most bioavailable, nutrient dense food on the planet. No fillers, no artificial flavoring, no contamination.

Why not? It's not either/or. Beef, eggs, dairy (not raw; I don't live near a farm) AND supplements work, especially if you don't like liver. YUCK!!!

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2022, 07:29:30 AM »
That's only on occasion. Unfortunately, Puritan's Pride is either out of stock or stop carrying its HMB.

Why not? It's not either/or. Beef, eggs, dairy (not raw; I don't live near a farm) AND supplements work, especially if you don't like liver. YUCK!!!

If you like HMB, this brand on Scamazon has decent prices and quality.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2022, 08:03:57 AM »

do your thing man you control the quality of your life. Once I ditched all these supplements and started eating an ancestral appropriate diet (what humans were designed to eat) my performance exploded, my recovery is unreal, my physique,  strength,  digestion all immensely improved. They're shit, loaded with artificial flavoring, heavy metals and toxins, food dyes and various other shit. Every bodybuilder these days complain about digestion issues,  ever wonder why?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2022, 10:23:44 AM »

straight from the tap. ;D ;D ;D ;D
F

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2022, 01:13:14 PM »
Speaking of clearance sales and whey protein.....check this out!

https://www.puritan.com/mvc/Catalog/Search?searchText=whey%20protein

Clearance sale: 2-lb Myology Whey Protein Isolate (Chocolate) for $5. I order 5 of them last week. Use search engine (i.e. Google) to get to this site; but do so by typing "$25 free shipping". That way you only have to buy $25 worth of stuff to get free shipping instead of the usual $50.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2022, 01:21:18 PM »

Literally laughed out loud.  If they had this in a movie it would be panned for being over the top

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2022, 12:17:50 PM »
Speaking of clearance sales and whey protein.....check this out!

https://www.puritan.com/mvc/Catalog/Search?searchText=whey%20protein

Clearance sale: 2-lb Myology Whey Protein Isolate (Chocolate) for $5. I order 5 of them last week. Use search engine (i.e. Google) to get to this site; but do so by typing "$25 free shipping". That way you only have to buy $25 worth of stuff to get free shipping instead of the usual $50.

thx man, just bought 3 of those 2-lb tubs (15.00). I like to have one shake a day of ISO...
(easy to mix/digest, etc). Great deal..

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2022, 08:23:12 PM »
thx man, just bought 3 of those 2-lb tubs (15.00). I like to have one shake a day of ISO...
(easy to mix/digest, etc). Great deal..

You're welcome  ;D. Why pay ungodly prices for whey protein, when you can get deals like this?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2022, 09:02:55 PM »
You're welcome  ;D. Why pay ungodly prices for whey protein, when you can get deals like this?

What is the actual taste like?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2022, 03:21:39 AM »
Eat eggs.
When I was late teens/early 20's I should have used the money I spent on supplements on clothes and a better car instead. Much more effective at attracting women than supplements that did next to nothing.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2022, 05:03:19 AM »
When I was late teens/early 20's I should have used the money I spent on supplements on clothes and a better car instead. Much more effective at attracting women than supplements that did next to nothing.

historically, supplements cost me very little money, I only used things I thought would give a minor boost, maybe some recovery.
Creatine basically and some Protein.

Protein was always good to have around for one meal/snack/shake. Like having a treat each day, I have a bit of a sweet tooth.
Pro-Powder, whole-eggs, oats, bananas, peanut-butter - can get it all in with a great drink.

Never rely on the shit as they are just "supplements" to a good / real-food diet. And there are very few that might help...
I see morons post today about the 500.00 a month they spend on everything (Protein, Andro, Amino's, PWO's, SARMS, Peptides, etc) and they still look like garbage.
(Dont know how to eat or train).

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2022, 09:09:39 AM »
historically, supplements cost me very little money, I only used things I thought would give a minor boost, maybe some recovery.
Creatine basically and some Protein.

Protein was always good to have around for one meal/snack/shake. Like having a treat each day, I have a bit of a sweet tooth.
Pro-Powder, whole-eggs, oats, bananas, peanut-butter - can get it all in with a great drink.

Never rely on the shit as they are just "supplements" to a good / real-food diet. And there are very few that might help...
I see morons post today about the 500.00 a month they spend on everything (Protein, Andro, Amino's, PWO's, SARMS, Peptides, etc) and they still look like garbage.
(Dont know how to eat or train).
Even if you eat and train hard supplements do very little. If you want big muscles while being cut you need to use gear.