Author Topic: Got blood work done Monday and test low  (Read 2729 times)

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
Re: Got blood work done Monday and test low
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2022, 06:05:39 AM »
Get a script to have phlebotomy done once a month just for the hematocrit levels.

You can use privatemd for getting readings on the rest of the things they seem to have left off. 

But you eat no meat at all?

Once a month? No way. Blood donation places won’t even allow that. That’s terrible advice. You’d probably drain your ferritin doing that by the 3rd month. I eat a ton of meat and had single digit ferritin levels donating every 3 months. I was wondering why I was exhausted because all of my other markers were fine including hemoglobin and hematocrit. Non-anemic iron deficiency is really common in frequent donors. These clinics test your hemoglobin prior to donating, but that doesn’t show the entire picture.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2022, 06:19:47 AM »
How long were you on Rosuvastatin?  What was your experience with it?
I`m still on it ,been around three of four years now....40 mgs. daily.....no sides that I can notice anyway, and I feel no benefit from taking it either but haven`t done blood work in a while now so this is irrelevant.

For quite a long time  I was smoking and got sick as most guys on here know so once I felt myself getting short of breath in the gym and it got worse and worse I stopped training completely,and sat on the computer or in front of the TV constantly eating junk food......very seldom ate anything good for you.

Anyway I was completely sedentary and smoking 5 cartons of cigarettes a month and eating junk like a pig............first time in over 58 years that I ever had a gut.....this is what contributed to my doctor prescribing it.

Now I`ve started training 5 days a week and my diet is super clean.....lost 6 inches off of my waist....I gotta` see my doc to see if I can come off as I feel great again like my old self instead of a lazy depressed sloth-like slob.   ;)

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2022, 08:16:05 AM »
Brutal if true