Author Topic: IFBB Pro Shane Post shot over a parking space dispute  (Read 9625 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
Re: IFBB Pro Shane Post shot over a parking spot dispute
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2022, 05:27:12 PM »
This retired cop in Florida shot and killed an unarmed man in a movie theater and was acquitted
They were arguing and the guy threw a popcorn at him (something that could not be used as a deadly weapon). 

https://nypost.com/2022/02/17/florida-man-charged-in-movie-theater-murder-felt-threatened/

Good point.

Juries are unpredictable.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2022, 05:51:00 PM »
This retired cop in Florida shot and killed an unarmed man in a movie theater and was acquitted
They were arguing and the guy threw a popcorn at him (something that could not be used as a deadly weapon). 

https://nypost.com/2022/02/17/florida-man-charged-in-movie-theater-murder-felt-threatened/

It's nice to find a lib I can actually talk to. Most just scream "racist" in one-dimensional fashion, and say not much more.

Basically, what I'm gathering from your post is - perhaps there is more to the original story.

Very often there are more to these stories.

I found it absolutely wild that the shooter was released on bond...so maybe there is more to this one.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2022, 05:54:49 PM »
Now he will learn not to fuck with that black jungle bunny

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2022, 06:20:46 PM »
It's nice to find a lib I can actually talk to. Most just scream "racist" in one-dimensional fashion, and say not much more.

Basically, what I'm gathering from your post is - perhaps there is more to the original story.

Very often there are more to these stories.

I found it absolutely wild that the shooter was released on bond...so maybe there is more to this one.

Americans are considered innocent until proven guilty, which is why cash bail is a 'thing'.  Pre-trial detention for someone who has not yet been found guilty in a court of law runs counter to this.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2022, 06:21:16 PM »
Vince, self defense is actually being the act of defending yourself. Even if Shane were to charge him he didn’t have the right to shoot him unless Shane was armed with a firearm, knife etc. This is flat out attempted murder and the castle doctrine doesn’t even apply in this situation

Not in Texas....you look at someone funny and its cause to blast you.   Plus he's a bodybuilder...that will be the first thing his attorney will claim ...he was scared of his size.

Don't believe me....don't forget about Curtis Reeves
https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/25/us/curtis-reeves-murder-trial-jury-deliberations/index.html
A

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2022, 06:57:42 PM »

I think it makes you more likely to involve yourself in risky situations than if you do not carry.
1000% disagree. When I carry, I'm the nicest, most passive person you could meet.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2022, 07:53:12 PM »

Not in Texas....you look at someone funny and its cause to blast you.   Plus he's a bodybuilder...that will be the first thing his attorney will claim ...he was scared of his size.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/25/us/curtis-reeves-murder-trial-jury-deliberations/index.html

No they don’t haha

I’ve lived in texas for decades, just no.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2022, 08:08:50 PM »

No they won’t and no it isn’t. Again, you’re referring to disparity of force that wouldn’t apply in this situation. Look it up

You literally have a greater chance of someone coming up and shooting you in a blue state or county than you do in Texas.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2022, 09:13:26 PM »
No they won’t and no it isn’t. Again, you’re referring to disparity of force that wouldn’t apply in this situation. Look it up

You literally have a greater chance of someone coming up and shooting you in a blue state or county than you do in Texas.

so you think the law prevents actions?
I'm sure Shane will be relieved to hear that

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2022, 09:32:05 PM »
Good point.

Juries are unpredictable.

people are unpredictable
like that guy with the popcorn
and that guy with the gun

look at that idiot taunting Mike Tyson for fucks sakes
people can be crazy and unpredictable

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2022, 10:07:39 PM »
so you think the law prevents actions?
I'm sure Shane will be relieved to hear that

Criminals couldn’t care less about laws. Shane posed no imminent threat (judging from the video)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2022, 10:33:58 PM »
Americans are considered innocent until proven guilty, which is why cash bail is a 'thing'.  Pre-trial detention for someone who has not yet been found guilty in a court of law runs counter to this.

And that's great...so I guess it comes down to what was found in the video, and the preliminary police investigation. If the entire matter was caught on video, and if the person has priors, etc, wouldn't that affect someone's ability to make bail?

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
Re: IFBB Pro Shane Post shot over a parking space dispute
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2022, 02:03:54 AM »
Would Shane “Pieced Up” Post fit on a customized weight belt?

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2022, 02:40:45 AM »
And that's great...so I guess it comes down to what was found in the video, and the preliminary police investigation. If the entire matter was caught on video, and if the person has priors, etc, wouldn't that affect someone's ability to make bail?

I'm no lawyer but yes I believe that the judge takes all those factors into account when setting bail.  The guy may have put his house up to make bail, who knows.

Think of Kyle Rittenhouse .. there was a huge uproar about him being out on bail as the court of public opinion had already found him to be guilty.  Except when he went on trial he was found "NOT GUILTY". 

Cash bail is like freedom of speech, we cant pick & choose when to apply it  .. either we extend rights to all, or any one of us is at risk of losing those rights. 

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2022, 03:00:37 AM »
people are unpredictable
like that guy with the popcorn
and that guy with the gun

look at that idiot taunting Mike Tyson for fucks sakes
people can be crazy and unpredictable

Strawman what was your opinion of George Zimmerman shooting Trayvonn Martin in 2012?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2022, 03:25:24 AM »
and this is why you pay alot to have good neighbours

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2022, 04:00:43 AM »
and this is why you pay alot to have good neighbours

Good neighbours present their own problems too.

I had "good neighbours". Working couple no kids, always sharing their weekend bbq with me, hooked me up with a ton of freebies/discounts from their jobs.

Ebay started to get popular and the woman had an addiction, buying shit everyday. I worked from home, they didn't and I was getting asked by couriers to sign for the packages . Suddenly I'm the bad guy for telling them stop cos it was too frequent.

The other side, extremely nice couple with a young kid. Kid grew up with some kinda ADHD/mental health disorder. They'd send the kid out into the garden just so they could have a 5 minute break. In that 5 minutes the kid would throw anything it could get its hand on up into the air, half of it landing in my backyard. Once hurled a paint can over. I'd have to constantly go tell them to come clean my yard up. Genuinely felt bad for them.

Current neighbours are disgusting insular people who wouldn't piss on me if I was on fire. They are also pretty terrified of me even though I've never given them any reason. I couldn't be happier.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2022, 04:17:12 AM »

I had "good neighbours". Working couple no kids, always sharing their weekend bbq with me, hooked me up with a ton of freebies/discounts from their jobs.

Ebay started to get popular and the woman had an addiction, buying shit everyday. I worked from home, they didn't and I was getting asked by couriers to sign for the packages . Suddenly I'm the bad guy for telling them stop cos it was too frequent.

The other side, extremely nice couple with a young kid. Kid grew up with some kinda ADHD/mental health disorder. They'd send the kid out into the garden just so they could have a 5 minute break. In that 5 minutes the kid would throw anything it could get its hand on up into the air, half of it landing in my backyard. Once hurled a paint can over. I'd have to constantly go tell them to come clean my yard up. Genuinely felt bad for them.

Current neighbours are disgusting insular people who wouldn't piss on me if I was on fire. They are also pretty terrified of me even though I've never given them any reason. I couldn't be happier.

Did any of your neighbors ever put a bullet in your liver?

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2022, 04:32:19 AM »

we are detached
old couple in their 70s one side pleasant people
Miserable old girl who is nearly 90 on the other side, she has outlived 2 husbands.
When we first moved in she asked me did we go to church, I said no and since then she has never spoken to me unless she wants something doing like me cutting my trees back.
Fucking old witch

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2022, 04:48:25 AM »
Do you wear a gun while in the gym training?

T

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2022, 04:50:28 AM »

Did any of your neighbors ever put a bullet in your liver?

No, maybe cos I wasn't constantly parking in their spot and swearing and yelling at them to get back inside when confronted about it.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2022, 04:51:57 AM »
Do you wear a gun while in the gym training?

You’re not a bodybuilder unless you carry a 50 cal desert eagle in your duffel bag

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2022, 04:55:31 AM »
we are detached
old couple in their 70s one side pleasant people
Miserable old girl who is nearly 90 on the other side, she has outlived 2 husbands.
When we first moved in she asked me did we go to church, I said no and since then she has never spoken to me unless she wants something doing like me cutting my trees back.
Fucking old witch

Legally you don't have to cut it if it crosses into her garden

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2022, 04:59:35 AM »
Legally you don't have to cut it if it crosses into her garden

Any overhanging branches she can get them cut off and the law says she has to give them back to me.

We have some 20ft bamboo shading her conservatory

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2022, 05:05:12 AM »
Any overhanging branches she can get them cut off and the law says she has to give them back to me.

We have some 20ft bamboo shading her conservatory

Which I imagine you planted there on purpose  ;D
T