Author Topic: Was Ronnie Natty When He Turned Pro?  (Read 5639 times)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: Was Ronnie Natty When He Turned Pro?
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2022, 02:47:31 AM »
I remember laughing my ass off in the 90's when he was claiming natural.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2022, 02:52:51 AM »
ronnie had insane genetics  and a iq of 10

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2022, 02:54:05 AM »
Exactly

And Ronnie was a young police officer when he turned pro. Of course he had to pretend to be drug free.

30 years later, Getbiggers still the believe the lie

Guys... we was a police officer. Please smarten up.

PS: he was eventually fired from the police force after signing for mailed steroid packages

i also beleive he is the only mr olympia to cripple himself lifting weights and also without doubt the dumbest mr olympia ever you can barely understand what he is saying, ,hell i dont even think ronnie knows what he is saying half the time

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2022, 02:56:05 AM »
ronnie had insane genetics  and a iq of 10
Doesn't he have an accounting degree?

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2022, 03:21:03 AM »

he sounds like a simpleton but i think he's smarter than many ifbb pros just based on his post-olympia success.  Ronnie coleman signature series is pretty big, meanwhile "phil heath labs" flounders.

Maybe not "smart" but "savvy"

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2022, 04:15:13 AM »

Supposedly.

He must be intelligent.  His deep south, poor black accent makes him appear dumb but I doubt he is.

No way could he have become as successful as he is if he wasn't smart.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2022, 05:39:57 AM »

yes, hes fluent in grams and milligrams

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2022, 05:47:00 AM »

He played college football. They hand their athletes test answers and therefore a degree of their choice. Has he ever held a job as an accountant? Not to my knowledge.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2022, 05:54:57 AM »

Ronnie in this 1992 interview before his first Olympia claims he was natural, at time 5:50

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2022, 07:39:19 AM »
When those guys, Palumbo etc, say they think he was natural they are playing a type of inside joke. Or Milos posts pics of when he was beating him in shows and says "back when Ronnie was still natural." They also have a ridiculous concept of what "natural" means. Obviously Ronnie wasn't already maxed out on drugs when he became pro. Doesn't mean he was natural either. There are levels to this. It's not either/or, drugged or natural. Was Milos natural when he looked like a twink, comparatively, when he turned pro?

Why would all of these pros (and Palumbo) feel the need to keep this "inside joke" after over 30 years, especially in the age of the Intenet when everyone and their mama love to "out" people about anything under the sun?

Nobody felt the need to out Coleman, once he got super-sized and finally started beating them?

It's one thing to keep this so-called secret (Coleman being allegedly natural when he really wasn't), when he's not costing you prize money or Sandows. It's quite another when bodybuilding's richest prizes are within finger-tips reach, only to be snatched away by a once "C-level bodybuilder" (as Shawn Ray called Ronnie Coleman).

And despite getting waxed by that same dude for nearly a decade, somehow NOBODY felt the need to "out" Ronnie then?

Nor do they feel the need to do so now, over a decade after he retired and is now semi-crippled?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2022, 07:44:47 AM »
Exactly

And Ronnie was a young police officer when he turned pro. Of course he had to pretend to be drug free.

30 years later, Getbiggers still the believe the lie

Guys... he was a police officer. Please smarten up.

PS: he was eventually fired from the police force after signing for mailed steroid packages

Doesn't he have his police retirement pension? He went to the reserve force, when he couldn't work as a full-time cop and make all his appearances and guest posings/seminars as Mr. Olympia, in order to retire as a cop.

If memory serves me correctly, he got in a bit of hot water for being pulled over for speeding and claiming he was still a full-time cop, when he was only a part-timer.

I figured his pension (including lifetime medical benefits) is why he can afford the bazillion surgeries he's had on his back and spine.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2022, 07:49:05 AM »
Coleman?  Natural?  LOL!  Coleman is about as smart as a bag of bhankys and as natural as a guy wearing a bunny suit with a hole in the butt (a butt hole?).

Fuck Coleman.  He's a worthless piece of shit.  A police officer?  More Law Enfarcement than Enforcement.  Again, fuck Coleman.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2022, 08:04:44 AM »

Ronnie in this 1992 interview before his first Olympia claims he was natural, at time 5:50

I remember this video.

But, but, Kevin says it's so @ 8:00. 

Kevin Levrone beat Ronnie Coleman at the 1991 NPC nationals to turn pro, winning the heavyweight and overall title.

You may remember that, back in the early 80s, the NPC Nationals itself was not a pro qualifier. You won your class there to represent the USA at the IFBB Mr. Universe. Winning your weight class THERE got you an IFBB pro card.

Once, the Nationals became a pro qualifier (in and of itself), some guys didn't bother doing the Universe.....especially when drug testing started. Alq Gurley is the last National champion (1990) to go to and win the Universe, unless I'm mistaken.

In 1991, they stop awarding an overall winner, as the Weiders were on their crusade to get bodybuilding into the Olympics. The story goes that the NPC/IFBB needed someone to rep the USA Heavyweight division at the Universe. That year, Ronnie placed 11th at the NPC USA (Heavyweight) and 4th at the NPC Nationals (Heavyweight).

Since Levrone wasn't going to the U (having already turned pro) and nobody else either bother to try or successfully passed the drug test, Coleman got the nod, went to the Universe as a heavyweight, won his class, got his pro card, and received the cherry on top: A berth in the 1992 Mr. Olympia....where he eventually placed "16th".

He also said is he is one of two (maybe) drug-free pro bodybuilders. Notwithstanding that this likely didn't air anywhere outside of local media in Arlington, Coleman really set himself up here. One would think that, if anyone had the goods on Coleman's not being drug-free at that point, the proverbial beans would have been spilled.

BTW, Levrone's impressions of Coleman are HILARIOUS!!!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2022, 08:09:05 AM »
he sounds like a simpleton but i think he's smarter than many ifbb pros just based on his post-olympia success.  Ronnie coleman signature series is pretty big, meanwhile "phil heath labs" flounders.

Yes, I recall an article where Ronnie said he made the decision to abandon traditional, outdated media sources and reallocate his marcom budget to digital business transformation, which would not only increase reach at a much lower cost, but lead to production and supply chain efficiencies.
Y

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2022, 08:20:29 AM »
Yes, I recall an article where Ronnie said he made the decision to abandon traditional, outdated media sources and reallocate his marcom budget to digital business transformation, which would not only increase reach at a much lower cost, but lead to production and supply chain efficiencies.

get this mba jargon outta here  ;D

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2022, 08:24:32 AM »
Ronnie Coleman was never a Nazi.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2022, 10:19:59 AM »
More importantly…

Who was better Coleman or Dorian? Perhaps this question deserves its own thread?
a

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2022, 10:23:24 AM »
Preworkout: prayers with Brian

Intraworkout: smelling salts

Post workout: cornbread muffins

Anabolic agents: KC Masterpiece

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2022, 10:25:05 AM »
More importantly…

Who was better Coleman or Dorian? Perhaps this question deserves its own thread?

Let’s put a twist on it:
Coleman w a British accent or Dorian with a redneck accent — who ya got

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2022, 10:42:22 AM »

Bwa ha ha that’s classic that idiot doesn’t even know how to turn a computer on I doubt he can even wipe his own ass these days

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2022, 11:09:37 AM »
Why would all of these pros (and Palumbo) feel the need to keep this "inside joke" after over 30 years, especially in the age of the Intenet when everyone and their mama love to "out" people about anything under the sun?

Nobody felt the need to out Coleman, once he got super-sized and finally started beating them?

It's one thing to keep this so-called secret (Coleman being allegedly natural when he really wasn't), when he's not costing you prize money or Sandows. It's quite another when bodybuilding's richest prizes are within finger-tips reach, only to be snatched away by a once "C-level bodybuilder" (as Shawn Ray called Ronnie Coleman).

And despite getting waxed by that same dude for nearly a decade, somehow NOBODY felt the need to "out" Ronnie then?

Nor do they feel the need to do so now, over a decade after he retired and is now semi-crippled?

I have nothing against you MCWAY, so I'm not trying to be a jackass but you don't have personal experience within bodybuilding circles from what I understand. You don't have experience with drugs not of those who use thrm in large quantities nor of competitors. Do bodybuilders in general think Ronnie was "natural natural", as in no hormones whatsoever? Mostly no, most will say "everyone is full of shit." They laugh and sometimes play along. On this forum and others I've been accused of being a jealous bitch for not believing in various tales told by bodybuilders. IRL t's more like, "come on Van, don't be naive."

In bodybuilding there is an incredible amount of trashtalk privately, some publicly. An incredible amount of malicious gossip. Some are better targets of trashtalk for various reasons. Ronnie is not. I feel there are a lot of psychological factors involved, in how these guys carry themselves, whether or not others become antagonistic to them. Ronnie didn't talk shit about others in a public way or was antagonistic so the industry just wants what's best for him. Plus everyone respects how far he took his bodybuilding. No one even talked shit about his training style, there were only some murmurs out of concern for him.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2022, 11:23:43 AM »

It's interesting how intelligence is defined by various people. Psychometricians have analyzed public figures and estimated their IQ based on various clues and I think they are right most of the time. It would be interesting to know how they rated Coleman. There is often talk about verbal "intelligence" vs being good at math or whatever. IQ tests and their proxies like SATs are often divided into verbal and nonverbal portions. Perhaps Ronnie's nonverbal abilities were much higher. Although Chad once responded to talk about his low IQ by saying, "have you seen his writing?!"

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2022, 01:39:17 PM »
I have nothing against you MCWAY, so I'm not trying to be a jackass but you don't have personal experience within bodybuilding circles from what I understand. You don't have experience with drugs not of those who use thrm in large quantities nor of competitors. Do bodybuilders in general think Ronnie was "natural natural", as in no hormones whatsoever? Mostly no, most will say "everyone is full of shit." They laugh and sometimes play along. On this forum and others I've been accused of being a jealous bitch for not believing in various tales told by bodybuilders. IRL t's more like, "come on Van, don't be naive."

I don't have personal experience with anabolics; the closest I've come was andro back in the late 90s (and that was after I'd already weight 245 lbs). My experience with other bodybuilders is limited, namely a handful of amateur bodybuilders, some of whom readily admitted their past anabolics use.

Your statement further reinforces my point. What's the point of those guys wanting/having to "play along", especially in this online day and age? Continuing to push a facade usually requires a motive. Has Levrone been under some blood oath for the last 30 years to keep maintaining that Coleman was natural early in his career?

It's a bit hard to say they respect Ronnie for how far he took things on the one hand, while saying on the other hand they've known from the jump that he wasn't drug-free early in his career.

In bodybuilding there is an incredible amount of trashtalk privately, some publicly. An incredible amount of malicious gossip. Some are better targets of trashtalk for various reasons. Ronnie is not. I feel there are a lot of psychological factors involved, in how these guys carry themselves, whether or not others become antagonistic to them. Ronnie didn't talk shit about others in a public way or was antagonistic so the industry just wants what's best for him. Plus everyone respects how far he took his bodybuilding. No one even talked shit about his training style, there were only some murmurs out of concern for him.

Basically, you're claiming that, simply because Ronnie went about his business and didn't bug anybody (even though he eventually started beating the Levrones, Wheelers, Rays, and El Sonbatys of the world...costing them Sandows and prize money), they kept his not-so-secret-secret.....a secret.

Chris Cormier would have at least one ASC title under his belt, were it not for Coleman's breaking tradition and competing in that show as the reigning Mr. O. You'd think there'd be a bone or two to pick there.

If you saw the video I posted earlier, Coleman was the LAST guy any of the elites of the late 90s thought were true contenders for the Olympia title. Even after the whole vodka thing in Russia, Levrone beat Coleman one last time in the San Francisco Pro show in 1998.

At the end of the day, it boils down to how big (do you think) Ronnie was BEFORE he started taking anabolics. I'm just not of the belief that he was a crackhead (i.e. Chris Rock's "Pookie" character from New Jack City) and started his syringes the instant he picked up a cement-filled weight.

Did he compete at the local or state level drug-free? Did he compete at the Nationals? We know he was drug-tested to qualify for the  Universe and drug-tested after he won his class there. He has also competed in the American Drug-Free Powerlifting Association (ADFPA). 

I'm fully aware people try to beat drug testing, sometimes successfully. But that leads back to a question I asked earlier on different threads: With pro cards being as rare (especially compared with today) as they were, why wouldn't some of the other heavyweights try their luck at the Universe, if the steroid tests are so easy to beat? Unless, I'm mistaken, Ronnie is the only one who took the test to go the U.

Again, it all goes back to how big he was before he started performance enhancers, or as he humourosly called them, "Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D...."  ;D

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2022, 02:03:14 PM »
Oh sure. Ronnie, Jay, Dorian, Flex, Arnold, they were all natural when they turned pro. Everyone knows that. It’s common knowledge.

Yes & Cloth Face Nappies work & the Trial experimental Vaccines Have Zero Side effects  ;D

HugeBooBsFan

• Getbig I
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2022, 03:41:24 PM »