Author Topic: Predictions about PDI...  (Read 1871 times)

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
Predictions about PDI...
« on: April 24, 2006, 06:33:05 PM »
lets document this here in this thread now so we can look back and see who was the closet to being right--------------------------------How long will the PDI survive?----------don't take this all personally and get your panties in a bunch---this is a legitamate thread about opinions of the current state of bodybuilding...so plz don't delete

I may be going out on a limb here but I say 13 months

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
Re: Predictions about PDI...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 07:47:36 PM »
don't vote all at once huh--dont be afraid of the refrigerator rhino

Harry R. M. Pitts

• Getbig III
  • large lover
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 08:01:28 PM »
hopefully a full year
"

LifterChick

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 08:01:43 PM »
2 years,
Gone after the second incident of Denise Masino grossing out the the crowd at the second NOC.
Onlyme, ends up in jail for shooting Kmphoto after accusing him of taking only bad pictures of all PDI events to make it fail, but he does make Craggie's his new wife in Clark county.  Happily ending afters.
240 denies ever supporting PDI and threatens to kill Weedouttheweak, but is unable to because a friend tells us all about a  serious illness contracted in the amazon while he was telling the tribes about how great a web designer he is.
Wayne sells all of the PDI shirts that he has made up, to buy a PR team to convince the world that this isn't the second or third time that he has tried this.
Rhino tracks down the squad and beats the sh*t out of all of them, not surprisingly, outside of a few thank you cards, nobody cares.
Lift Studios creates a website about how a 5'11" blonde stripper beats him down at the bike racks and makes millions, Tre is the first one to sign up.
Alexxx wins the O.

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 09:32:21 PM »
I give it longer, but no time frame.  I think it will stronger over in Europe than people think - it could last forever over there.  It's not like there are tons of pros from over there now competing in the IFBB (just a few really).  Could be a good way for their talent to rise.
Motherboy (the band).

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 09:35:20 PM »
The 1st time Wayne Demilia says, "and if the music man is ready... let's posedown!" And the music man ain't been paid and he attacks Demilia.That will be the end of PDA or DEA or PTA or...
a

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 10:08:49 PM »
Well who knows I won't be as dumb as the others to put a actual date on it.  But, I see it surviving longer than you expect.  But then I am alway hopeful in something that will come along and improve BB over what the IFBB has done to it the past few years.  After the first year NiceRag will be switching over from being an IFBB groupie to a PDI goupie and start begging for sex from their athletes since all the IFBB athletes have already had her and don't want seconds.  And who knows, Denise and NiceRaq will end up being the poster girls for the IFBB and that right there would seal the doom of the IFBB. 

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 10:10:58 PM »
depends on what actually happens. currently the pdi is all on paper. it's also going to rely on how much money they can make. the claim to fame is currently better prizes for the competitors, but given that most shows are run by supplement company sponsorship it's debatable how long they'll be able to run without that. unless we expect muscletech to flock to eight shows a year with lee up against rhino and vinny g every time.

for the pdi to last it's going to require a few things. one, a lot of money from a source that isn't liable to vanish. two, bare minimum 30 competitors, with at least 10 of them being people who could make a bid for an olympia posedown. three, someone who isn't afraid of a few rough years. four, a way to get equal mention in the magazines in order to drum up interest.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 10:13:21 PM »
 It may not be big, but I think it will last.