Author Topic: Matt C. Cycle Update.  (Read 148506 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Matt C. Cycle Update.
« Reply #2425 on: September 22, 2022, 08:58:26 PM »
Hi Titus,

I'm back to a strength training program now.

It's amazing to me how bodybuilding-style hypertrophy training will make your muscles bigger, but ultimately not make you as strong.

The general public would think bodybuilders would be the strongest, but that's not the case at all.

I beg to differ. Ronnie Coleman, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and the late Franco Columbu were BOTH world-class bodybuilders and powerlifters.

Lou Ferrigno was a World's Strongest Man competitor (as was Columbu). The recently-departed Bill Pearl made more money as a professional strongman (bending iron bars, tearing phone books, blowing up hot-water bottles, etc.) than he did winning the NABBA Mr. Universe 4 times.

Sergio Oliva was on Cuba's Olympic weight lifting team, before defecting to the United States. And more recent examples of strength and size include that Larry Wheels fellow. Not to mention, Johnnie Jackson, who frequently did both powerlifting and bodybuilding shows during his career. He won a deadlifting contest, just weeks before turning pro at the NPC Nationals.

I was surprised at how much of a weakling I was with respect to my body weight.

Walter Sobchak was 100% right.

So I'm doing a 20-week strength building program right now to get my deadlift back to the 505-525 range.

It shouldn't be too much of a problem, as muscle memory alone will get me over 80% of the way there - but I want to try to hit a personal record. A 550 deadlift would be nice, but I'll be satisfied with 500+. In fact, 495x5 will be fine. Anything beyond that would be a bonus.

Thank you for the support, Titus. If you have a bodybuilding "bro" diet for me, I'm all ears. I'm no longer in a hurry to make gains anymore. I can take my time and do it naturally. I just wanted a little boost for the summer.  :)

I know I'll get back to the 500-lb range for deadlifts, but 550-lb at <185-lb would be amazing. I think anything around triple body weight for deadlift is a very high standard to hold.

Also Titus - if you happen to have a strength program for me, let me know. Due to the pandemic gym closures, and having spent the past few months training bodybuilding-style for my cycle, I'm a fresh template right to gain my old strength back. If I could get 10% beyond that, I'd be thrilled. But how difficult that will be will depend on whether or not I want to keep my body weight higher. At 170, deadlifting anything over 525 would be hard.

Here is a little deadlift workout I did last night, just to see where I was at. I'll start a refined strength program next week. If you have any advice or tips, let me know.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CizRSFrO82N/

You don't weigh 170 lbs anymore. So why are you worried about that? Bodybuilders and powerlifters, as they improve, they usually go UP a weight class. It's not as if you're going head up with 300 pounders.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2426 on: September 23, 2022, 08:53:35 AM »
You have a rounded back and are doing bounce reps and no hip hinge.

Why not watch a few videos and get the form right?

If you did things correctly you'd hit personal bests.
I already told his form was atrocious and he started hitching the weight almost from the beginning of the set.....he`s bound to get hurt sooner or later but says "strongman" allows this BS.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #2427 on: September 23, 2022, 08:55:22 AM »
I already told his form was atrocious and he started hitching the weight almost from the beginning of the set.....he`s bound to get hurt sooner or later but say "strongman" allows this BS.

Can’t lift for shit, but the wee phaggot has a spiffy wrestling singlet.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2428 on: September 23, 2022, 08:57:02 AM »
LOL  ;D

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #2429 on: September 23, 2022, 09:00:44 AM »
LOL  ;D

A month off the drugs and he will look like a cross between Darren Avey and Justin Trudeau.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #2430 on: September 23, 2022, 09:29:06 AM »
I never just stick to one style of training, mixing Strength and Hypertrophy always worked best for me. (And many).

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #2431 on: September 23, 2022, 09:31:51 AM »
I never just stick to one style of training, mixing Strength and Hypertrophy always worked best for me. (And many).

Agree 100

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #2432 on: September 23, 2022, 09:33:34 AM »

This is not a flattering angle for him legs don't look great speaking of outfits did anyone notice the ridiculous low cut tank top in his new deadlift videos where do you even buy those

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #2433 on: September 23, 2022, 09:37:06 AM »
This is not a flattering angle for him legs don't look great speaking of outfits did anyone notice the ridiculous low cut tank top in his new deadlift videos where do you even buy those

Stop….there is no situation where you should be criticizing anyone’s legs.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #2434 on: September 23, 2022, 09:43:16 AM »
Check the third picture.

Should I get breast reduction surgery?  ???

You are developing "wrap around tits"

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2435 on: September 23, 2022, 09:46:11 AM »
CORRECTION:

WHY would you even buy those ???

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2436 on: September 23, 2022, 09:47:08 AM »

Dude....legit LOL  ;D

Fucking hilarious!!

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #2437 on: September 23, 2022, 09:47:19 AM »

For a guy who was going to hop off the couch and squat 405 for reps the wee little phaggot is sure struggling with that warm-up deadlift.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2438 on: September 23, 2022, 09:49:01 AM »
I used to until I got older.....I use good weights but nothing structured like I used to......fucking great way to train though if you are so inclined.

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #2439 on: September 23, 2022, 09:51:53 AM »

Jesus

Matt have you thought about using a sports bra?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2440 on: September 23, 2022, 09:57:35 AM »
Jesus

Matt have you thought about using a sports bra?
If he took some of the advice he always asks for then immediately discards it he could look great cuz it`s clear he has no clue why and how he does most of the movements he does.

We won`t even go into his form or lack thereof................G EEZUS!!

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #2441 on: September 23, 2022, 09:57:50 AM »
Dude....legit LOL  ;D

Fucking hilarious!!

Credit must go to Henda. I was quoting him from the Basile thread

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #2442 on: September 23, 2022, 09:59:36 AM »

“Wrap-around tits”

Pure Henda gold.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2443 on: September 23, 2022, 10:02:29 AM »
That funny fucker!   LOL  :D

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #2444 on: September 23, 2022, 11:35:36 AM »
Why the fuck is this wee little TITTY BOY lifting in his socks?

For fuck’s sake what the fuck is wrong with this weakling?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #2445 on: September 23, 2022, 11:46:35 AM »

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2446 on: September 23, 2022, 12:34:35 PM »
He's going to end up in a wheelchair lifting like that.

Hitching is allowed in strongman, but i don't think bouncing deadlifts off the floor is.

You can build more power and strength by resetting each lift at the bottom. Reset the hips down, shoulders back and leaning on the heels.

I've pulled over 700 pounds, training with absolute strict form got me there.

The reset at the bottom makes a huge difference in terms of reps, but it keep the true nature of the lift intact.  If it was a comp for reps in time, sure, bounce, but to build strength, no way.
Y

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2447 on: September 23, 2022, 01:09:28 PM »
Check the third picture.

Should I get breast reduction surgery?  ???

Liposuction or Cool Sculpting would help reduce the spare tire above your weight belt. A decent diet should help with that and reduce your 'breasts' as well. The diet might get rid of the balloon face, (not referring to you puffing up your cheeks while exercising and breathing). Compare current photos with those when you were thinner, and you'll see what I mean. You can ignore my advice and end up looking like 'Squadfatter' in that photo you often post.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2448 on: September 23, 2022, 01:09:54 PM »
The reset at the bottom makes a huge difference in terms of reps, but it keep the true nature of the lift intact.  If it was a comp for reps in time, sure, bounce, but to build strength, no way.
And at the start of the pull where lets say you have the plates about 5 inches off the floor then you struggle and strain hitching with the weight even though it takes about a year and the lift is never completed............... ......DANGEROUSLY DUMB!!

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2449 on: September 23, 2022, 05:21:31 PM »
And at the start of the pull where lets say you have the plates about 5 inches off the floor then you struggle and strain hitching with the weight even though it takes about a year and the lift is never completed............... ......DANGEROUSLY DUMB!!

There's nothing wrong with Matt's form.  :D