Author Topic: Matt C. Cycle Update.  (Read 148831 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: Matt C. Cycle Update.
« Reply #2450 on: September 24, 2022, 12:32:14 AM »

That was not a partial squat lol gtfo and leg slide who fuck cares how much you can leg slide none of that nonsense means you can squat Jack shit. You claimed you were stronger and could squat now you claim it’s not a big deal at all great so do it then. Let’s see you post a real below parallel squat with today I don’t think you can get 315 clean. But whatver you post I will match let’s see who can actually squat more today my crippled legs against yours the strongest 70kilo 205lb man in Sasquatchia

Dude - load 700-lb on a bar, and try to stand with it.

I can squat much better in the upper ranges of motion. If you saw my parallel box squat [or slightly above parallel], you'd think I could squat 450.

I'm just much better in the upper range of motion.  I get bad knee valgus. Who knows why - I can say this has been the case since I started training.

But I'm back to strength training now. I claimed I could ATG squat 385x2 before.

That was wrong.

Not ATG.

But I could previously break parallel with that weight.

So I should be able to get to 405-lb, because my strength is muscle memory, and I'm strength training again.

But I'd rather post a video of me leg pressing 1,100 for 8-10 reps. And not half reps like most people do on the leg press. I mean full reps, where my knees are just about at my face.

IMO, a leg press of 1,000-lb for reps is on par with a squat of at least 350 for reps.

The leg press at my gym is the heaviest leg press I've ever used.  I'd say 1,100 on that machine is over 350 for squat.

I currently bench press 345 with a bounce, and can do at least 315 in contest condition. My deadlift with straps right now is over 450, but will be 500+ in the new year.

I just specifically don't like squatting. So sue me.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #2451 on: September 24, 2022, 12:55:43 AM »

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2452 on: September 24, 2022, 01:16:40 AM »
Every video has better form than you but fuck it keep living in la la land pretend your hands are shoulder level and the dumbells are horizontal with your elbows tucked down and behind at the bottom of your lift.

My hands virtually can't even get as low as shoulder level. Likely because forearms aren't long enough. Or just my flexibility in general is poor.

Either way, the first picture below shows as low as I can literally get my hand.

The second picture is about about as low as I'd personally go on shoulder presses. That's maybe one hand length lower than I did go, which is about 4". Beyond that, I feel the lift is putting strain on my rotator cuffs - pain, but not pain in a good way [like muscle workout pain; good pain].

Hey B. Hank - did you like that video of me doing 120-lb dumbbells, on my LAST SET of my workout? Those were full rest/pause.

It's one thing for you to say that my form is slightly off, and I might get 2-4 fewer reps if I went all the way down. But it's another thing entirely to say I can't even get the weight at all.  ::)

Obviously I can! Hence my full rest/pause sets.

Furthermore, my max bench press under IPF rules was 320. I currently bench 345, but could maybe get 355 with a heftier bounce, or a feather touch from a spotter.

When people lift that much, it's ridiculous to suggest the form is getting them the lift, and they aren't strong. NO ONE bench presses 355 who isn't strong. Heck, even getting a 3/4 rep with 355 would strong.

Sure, maybe I could only get the 100-lb dumbbells for five reps if we're talking about perfect workout instructional book form - but for starters, maybe 20% of lifters on YouTube shoulder pressing 100+ pound dumbbells are doing that. Most are either not going low enough, or not locking out. I obviously fully lock out - generally touching the dumbbells at the to of every rep while doing that - and I am 2-3" high from what would be perfectly fine. Not perfect - but perfectly fine.

Heck, I think my current depth is perfectly fine.

just ignor your hands are forehead level with your forearms crooked and your wrist even more crooked tilting one side of the dumbells to your shoulder while the other side is above your head oh yeah it’s fucking perfect

My hands are lower than 80% of the people on YouTube pressing comparable weight - so what are you complaining about?

I don't think our firearms being a bit crooked makes a big difference.

My hands ARE crooked. You identified a weak link for me. I have no idea why that is. I guess I have weak wrists, or weak hands. For example, with deadlift, my grip is my weak point. I'm glad you identified it even though your post was so dick.

Have you ever thought maybe you're being too dick in how you talk to people on here?

As for the dumbbell being above my head - the picture below shows where the dumbbell is.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2453 on: September 24, 2022, 01:36:25 AM »

To explain this photo, the red lines are around where my hands/wrists are. And the green lines are about where the top of the dumbbells would be if they are straight.

You seem to be suggesting that the top of the dumbbell would remain the top of where it is in the photo.

Do you understand that when the dumbbell gets straightened, that the lower side of the dumbbell goes up, while the higher side comes down?  You understand that's what happens when you tilt something right?

So the actual dumbbell placement given good form would be somewhere mid-range between the two.

Now compare that to KinoBody - my form is not far off. He's also not completely incline here:

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #2454 on: September 24, 2022, 01:49:52 AM »

These fucking presses are getting the Warren Commission treatment ;D ;D.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #2455 on: September 24, 2022, 01:59:05 AM »
First tits and now hips. Look at those child bearing hips! Is MattC feminizing?

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #2456 on: September 24, 2022, 03:55:49 AM »
Dude - load 700-lb on a bar, and try to stand with it.

I can squat much better in the upper ranges of motion. If you saw my parallel box squat [or slightly above parallel], you'd think I could squat 450.

I'm just much better in the upper range of motion.  I get bad knee valgus. Who knows why - I can say this has been the case since I started training.

But I'm back to strength training now. I claimed I could ATG squat 385x2 before.

That was wrong.

Not ATG.

But I could previously break parallel with that weight.

So I should be able to get to 405-lb, because my strength is muscle memory, and I'm strength training again.

But I'd rather post a video of me leg pressing 1,100 for 8-10 reps. And not half reps like most people do on the leg press. I mean full reps, where my knees are just about at my face.

IMO, a leg press of 1,000-lb for reps is on par with a squat of at least 350 for reps.

The leg press at my gym is the heaviest leg press I've ever used.  I'd say 1,100 on that machine is over 350 for squat.

I currently bench press 345 with a bounce, and can do at least 315 in contest condition. My deadlift with straps right now is over 450, but will be 500+ in the new year.

No one likes squatting because it is hard. You don't get knee valgus your knee just comes in because you are using too much weight same thing happens to everyone. Everyone is better in the upper range because the upper range is easier. No idea how you think you can get 405lbs when you don't squat. No amount of leg pressing on a slide proves you can squat a damn thing. The only thing that proves you can squat is a godamn squat.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2457 on: September 24, 2022, 03:57:55 AM »
My hands virtually can't even get as low as shoulder level. Likely because forearms aren't long enough. Or just my flexibility in general is poor.

Either way, the first picture below shows as low as I can literally get my hand.

The second picture is about about as low as I'd personally go on shoulder presses. That's maybe one hand length lower than I did go, which is about 4". Beyond that, I feel the lift is putting strain on my rotator cuffs - pain, but not pain in a good way [like muscle workout pain; good pain].

Hey B. Hank - did you like that video of me doing 120-lb dumbbells, on my LAST SET of my workout? Those were full rest/pause.

It's one thing for you to say that my form is slightly off, and I might get 2-4 fewer reps if I went all the way down. But it's another thing entirely to say I can't even get the weight at all.  ::)

Obviously I can! Hence my full rest/pause sets.

Furthermore, my max bench press under IPF rules was 320. I currently bench 345, but could maybe get 355 with a heftier bounce, or a feather touch from a spotter.

When people lift that much, it's ridiculous to suggest the form is getting them the lift, and they aren't strong. NO ONE bench presses 355 who isn't strong. Heck, even getting a 3/4 rep with 355 would strong.

Sure, maybe I could only get the 100-lb dumbbells for five reps if we're talking about perfect workout instructional book form - but for starters, maybe 20% of lifters on YouTube shoulder pressing 100+ pound dumbbells are doing that. Most are either not going low enough, or not locking out. I obviously fully lock out - generally touching the dumbbells at the to of every rep while doing that - and I am 2-3" high from what would be perfectly fine. Not perfect - but perfectly fine.

Heck, I think my current depth is perfectly fine.

My hands are lower than 80% of the people on YouTube pressing comparable weight - so what are you complaining about?

I don't think our firearms being a bit crooked makes a big difference.

My hands ARE crooked. You identified a weak link for me. I have no idea why that is. I guess I have weak wrists, or weak hands. For example, with deadlift, my grip is my weak point. I'm glad you identified it even though your post was so dick.

Have you ever thought maybe you're being too dick in how you talk to people on here?

As for the dumbbell being above my head - the picture below shows where the dumbbell is.

First off let's not pretend you don't have the same range of motion as everyone else the old I don't have that range of motion is the biggest nonsense excuse in the gym. 2nd having your forearms crooked instead of vertical makes a huge difference as does having your hands bent you are making a triangle to support the weight. You know you are not supposed to do both of those things but keep insisting it's a good lift. Some other jackass on youtube also doing it poorly doesn't change anything. But not one person on youtube is bending their wrist in and forearms and making a triangle support that takes the weight off the shoulders and just makes it a tricep press. Instead of arguing it's good when you know 2 things you are clearly doing wrong stop fucking doing those things and arguing it's fine and do it right.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2458 on: September 24, 2022, 04:04:06 AM »
There's nothing wrong with Matt's form.  :D

Is that real? That looks really bad like herniated disc never going to walk again bad

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2459 on: September 24, 2022, 05:35:43 AM »
Is that real? That looks really bad like herniated disc never going to walk again bad

pot, kettle, black

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #2460 on: September 24, 2022, 06:37:44 AM »
There's nothing wrong with Matt's form.  :D

Hmmm...🤔  Now what does that remind me of..? ;D
T

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2461 on: September 24, 2022, 07:41:11 AM »

It was a screen shot from his Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Ca0uA9uANB-/?hl=en

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2462 on: September 24, 2022, 07:44:06 AM »
99 pages of fuckery !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2463 on: September 24, 2022, 08:31:21 AM »
Matt, can you do a seated barbell press and bring the bar down to your chin?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #2464 on: September 24, 2022, 12:33:48 PM »
Is this the “Wrap-Around Tits” manlet who claims he warms up with my maximum lifts?

What a fucking retard, people in that gym must despise the dumb little weakling.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #2465 on: September 24, 2022, 01:55:38 PM »

You don't have weak wrists. Stop looking for excuses and sort your form out.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #2466 on: September 24, 2022, 03:02:34 PM »
Matt,

Are you still on the gas?

What are your plans for coming off?

Please update your cycle.

Thanks!

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2467 on: September 24, 2022, 03:16:19 PM »
Matt,

Are you still on the gas?

What are your plans for coming off?

Please update your cycle.

Thanks!

Hes upgraded the rusty fenders...

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #2468 on: September 24, 2022, 04:12:29 PM »
100 pages easily….

Hes upgraded the rusty fenders...

:D

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2469 on: September 24, 2022, 05:58:14 PM »

We know, we know.  It's self evident by looking at your legs. 

Your comments about equating leg pressing 1000 lbs being on par to squatting 350 also make this evident. 
ANYONE who's done both exercises knows this isn't true.

What's your plan now?  None of us can figure out what you're doing.

Stan Diego

• Getbig III
  • A whales vagina
« Reply #2470 on: September 24, 2022, 06:08:40 PM »

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2471 on: September 24, 2022, 06:35:19 PM »
To me, it isn't an either/or prospect. I'm about getting bigger AND stronger. To do that, it's about lifting the weights with the target muscle getting the stress.

The reason Matt's pecs "suck" (his words) is because he lifts too heavy with too narrow of a grip, a less-than-stellar ROM and his elbows inward. He barely does inclines and when he does, he uses the same haphazard for that he does on the flat bench.

I've had to learn (and am still learning) about lifting heavier weights on curls (particularly with dumbbells) but with my BICEPS getting the stress. If I don't do them correctly, my forearms get sore but my biceps get almost zip.

It's not either or, but Matt has spent his entire life training for strength with bodybuilding taking a back seat.  According to him, this time he wanted to focus on bodybuilding.

I've never see someone who cares so much about what others think about how much he's lifting, but now he's going back to strength training.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #2472 on: September 24, 2022, 06:36:31 PM »

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2473 on: September 24, 2022, 09:19:47 PM »
No one likes squatting because it is hard. You don't get knee valgus your knee just comes in because you are using too much weight same thing happens to everyone. Everyone is better in the upper range because the upper range is easier. No idea how you think you can get 405lbs when you don't squat. No amount of leg pressing on a slide proves you can squat a damn thing. The only thing that proves you can squat is a godamn squat.

There you have it.

Trying to translate leg presses into squat weight makes no sense. There are different types of sleds. Most af 45o; a handful are vertical.

Plus, with the squat, your midsection (especially your lower back) had better be in good shape; or you are a GONER.

I stopped squatting because the amount of weight I was using was simply too much for my lumbars to take. And I got tired of waking up with stiff knees and a sore lower back.

I loved squatting during my younger years, which is amazing to me considering I started lifting in an era where squats were labeled as poison (just like behind-the-neck presses).

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #2474 on: September 24, 2022, 10:06:42 PM »
99 pages of fuckery !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111

Let's make it 100!