Author Topic: Gary Strydom interview  (Read 17571 times)

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Gary Strydom interview
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2006, 02:53:13 PM »
As soon as Gary figures out that Shawn isn't paying for his airfare, Gary isn't going anywhere near Colorado.

RHINO290

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2006, 02:56:11 PM »
As soon as Gary figures out that Shawn isn't paying for his airfare, Gary isn't going anywhere near Colorado.

Yes, thats what I was alluding to, and I understand he recently found out.....

Bast175

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2006, 02:57:29 PM »
Gary should consider the PDI.

RHINO290

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2006, 03:03:44 PM »
Gary should consider the PDI.

How do you know he isn't?

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2006, 11:28:42 PM »
RHino, your a Pro?
Pro What?
There's one is every bunch. ::)

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2006, 11:48:04 PM »
Gary Strydom ain't paying his own way to a show no fucking way...

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2006, 04:53:25 AM »
RHino, your a Pro?
Pro What?

I didnt know NPC counted as a pro.
shotgun on the team

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2006, 05:24:02 AM »
Rhino u get all bent when people jump all over u but stop making stupid comments.Gary was better than Shawn ever was?! You do know who Shawn Ray is right? Gary got fifth in one Olympia right? What did Shawn do,like ten Olympia's and finished top five in most and should have won two of them. We are talking about one of the greatest bodybuilders ever. Just cause u have the asthetics of a fridge don't hate on someone with great symetry. You know u would give your left nut to have a waistline anywhere 30 inches. All these guys that say they prefer mass monsters just like them because they can relate to them.  Shitty genetics+Tons of juice=Mass Monster=Rhino.

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2006, 10:25:15 AM »
Rhino u get all bent when people jump all over u but stop making stupid comments.Gary was better than Shawn ever was?! You do know who Shawn Ray is right? Gary got fifth in one Olympia right? What did Shawn do,like ten Olympia's and finished top five in most and should have won two of them. We are talking about one of the greatest bodybuilders ever. Just cause u have the asthetics of a fridge don't hate on someone with great symetry. You know u would give your left nut to have a waistline anywhere 30 inches. All these guys that say they prefer mass monsters just like them because they can relate to them.  Shitty genetics+Tons of juice=Mass Monster=Rhino.

Edit,
shotgun on the team

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2006, 10:36:57 AM »
Good Office Job?
Things that make you go, "Hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm... .....?" :-\
RHino, we need more Coffee!

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2006, 10:53:01 AM »
Shawn "Good Office Job?
Things that make you go, "Hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm... .....?"
RHino, we need more Coffee"

That was funny..lol!

DOug

RHINO290

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2006, 01:31:56 PM »
Good Office Job?
Things that make you go, "Hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm... .....?" :-\
RHino, we need more Coffee!

Okay, maybe we should talk about your extracurricular business......

what job have you ever had?

Did'nt your mother go to jail for dealing dealing drugs or something?

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2006, 01:44:48 PM »
Okay, maybe we should talk about your extracurricular business......

what job have you ever had?

Did'nt your mother go to jail for dealing dealing drugs or something?

Way to take the classy road and bring a guys mother into the discussion. Pure class Rhino.  ::)
shotgun on the team

RHINO290

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2006, 01:52:30 PM »

Way to take the classy road and bring a guys mother into the discussion. Pure class Rhino.  ::)

Oh, anyone can say whatever they want about me, but when I push back, ohhhhh, boo hooo, I'm the bad guy.

Trust me, I am being a gentleman, all the things I have heard about him, i could really go off.

And seriously, I heard his mom went to jail for dealing drugs, don't know if it is true though.

Shawn, you like apples? how you like them apples?

RHINO290

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2006, 01:53:50 PM »
RHino, your a Pro?
Pro What?

Yeah, and your him.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2006, 02:08:23 PM »
First all there is No in hell Gary is 278lbs in that pic , he is lucky if he is 248lbs , he is in fantastic shape , especically considering his age , but he is embelishing just a tad , second I would like to see Gary compete , he looks really good in that pic I would say he could be top 10 material

Gary not counting is 2 WBF wins , has 4 IFBB Pro win , thats 2 more than Shawn Ray  ;) in just 4 years as a Pro in the IFBB

and finally someone who agrees with me  :)

"Bodybuilding has turned into mass building," says Strydom, "and it's not something most people, including me, would want to look like. These distended stomachs are ridiculous. Bodybuilding should be about balance; if one bodypart stands out over the rest of the physique, that person should not be rewarded with wins, or high placings.

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2006, 02:08:52 PM »
Oh, anyone can say whatever they want about me, but when I push back, ohhhhh, boo hooo, I'm the bad guy.

Trust me, I am being a gentleman, all the things I have heard about him, i could really go off.

And seriously, I heard his mom went to jail for dealing drugs, don't know if it is true though.

Shawn, you like apples? how you like them apples?

not saying you should not be able to push back Rhino, but talking about a guys mom is a low blow if there ever was one. 
shotgun on the team

spylike

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2006, 02:10:00 PM »
I feel it only fitting that all future references to professional status gained from PDI should be preceded with PDI (Pro). Claiming to be a professional (pro) bodybuilder conjures connotative images of worthy IFBB athletes competing in a sporting and not corporate organisation.

RHINO290

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2006, 02:19:12 PM »
not saying you should not be able to push back Rhino, but talking about a guys mom is a low blow if there ever was one. I didnt think you were that kind of person.

Well, I am ussually not, but when pulled down to that level, I don't know, since you put it that way- you are right, I just don't get it, the guy attacks me, for no good reason, I have always been respectful to him.

What would you do?- but you are right, I should not let anyone get me to that point, i am If I offended anyone.

Shawn, i am sorry for attacking you.

RHINO290

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2006, 02:22:10 PM »
I feel it only fitting that all future references to professional status gained from PDI should be preceded with PDI (Pro). Claiming to be a professional (pro) bodybuilder conjures connotative images of worthy IFBB athletes competing in a sporting and not corporate organisation.

So you ar saying that if someone is an IFBB pro, they are automatically higher than a PDI Pro?

Half the guys at the new york pro, I could destroy

spylike

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2006, 02:44:00 PM »
So you ar saying that if someone is an IFBB pro, they are automatically higher than a PDI Pro?

Half the guys at the new york pro, I could destroy

No. I'm saying that they are qualified to use the term 'pro'. I'm not belittling your physique nor your achievements. I'm merely stating that using this term has different connotations, of which none pertain to your status as a 'PDI' pro.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2006, 02:49:30 PM »

It's like a guy driving a Camaro calling a Ferrari a piece of shit.

RHINO290

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2006, 03:13:14 PM »
It's like a guy driving a Camaro calling a Ferrari a piece of shit.

Yeah, I know you do that all the time to me.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2006, 04:15:43 PM »
Can we lay off the mom thing please people?

I find it to be *extremely* poor taste to talk about his mom.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2006, 04:16:51 PM »
Yeah, I know you do that all the time to me.

" I make more money than you" reference no. 168

That comment wasn't directed at you, just making an observation.