Author Topic: Gary Strydom interview  (Read 17427 times)

RHINO290

Re: Gary Strydom interview
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2006, 06:08:55 PM »
B/c your a bodybuilder gettin ready for a show and I want to see how forthright you are with being honest

Well, I apreciate that, but I don't feel comfortable enough due to my career. can you dig?

I would be happy to answer any of your question offline, okay bro?

I hope you understand, banter is one thing, but I have to be careful, you know?

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2006, 09:11:17 PM »
Well, I apreciate that, but I don't feel comfortable enough due to my career. can you dig?

I would be happy to answer any of your question offline, okay bro?

I hope you understand, banter is one thing, but I have to be careful, you know?

Rhino, you seem to me like a decent guy, sorry we got off on the wrong foot.

I have a question. We all know how ignorant the general public is when it comes to gear, and I was wondering if you get many questions/accusations at your work about using or abusing Anabolic steroids? Do the people at your office respect your bodybuilding hobby?

Thanks, and I understand if you do not feel comfortable answearing, 
shotgun on the team

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2006, 09:12:10 PM »

I have a question. We all know how ignorant the general public is when it comes to gear, and I was wondering if you get many questions/accusations at your work about using or abusing Anabolic steroids? Do the people at your office respect your bodybuilding hobby? Do people at your office ask you for training and diet tips?

shotgun on the team

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2006, 11:27:04 PM »
He's got the middle-aged version - the "Hitler Youth Rug".

Hahahaha...makes you wonder what Hitler would have thought about bodybuilders taking his haircut ;D

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2006, 11:46:59 PM »

I have a question. We all know how ignorant the general public is when it comes to gear, and I was wondering if you get many questions/accusations at your work about using or abusing Anabolic steroids? Do the people at your office respect your bodybuilding hobby?

He probably tells them its all diet and hard work.

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2006, 12:20:25 AM »
He probably tells them its all diet and hard work.

That is not the point of my question. I am just curious as to whether the general public, who interact with Rhino, equate massive size with steroids, automatically.
shotgun on the team

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2006, 12:43:39 AM »
Gary Strydom competed in Sydney in a big show about 15 years ago. Roy Callendar and Bob Paris were in the line up and so were several other top guys at the time. Well, Paris did his routine and brought the house down. What a beautiful physique and he looked big. Roy was hugely popular in Sydney having won here previously. However, when Gary came out to pose he was clearly on another level to what we had witnessed and was declared the winner that day. I thought how he overshadowed Paris. Several of the guys went into the audience during the posedown but Gary stayed on stage acting and looking the winner. It is clear he would have won the Olympia had he hung around the IFBB. He took the money offered from the wrestling shows and ended up doing quite well out of the game.

I am very impressed with the size of his arms in some of those recent photos. The guy is a champion any way you look at it.

By the way, in the good ole days you were considered a professional bodybuilder if you owned a gym! Hell, that doesn't make anyone a pro! Matter of fact if you own a gym you have less time and energy to train than your members. I doubt I could beat novices or juniors nowadays! Gary and a few others have proven that it is possible to build huge muscles at what was considered a retirement age in bodybuilding. I give full credit to anyone who presents as he does. I have no idea what he does but I have to say he looks amazing.

AGB

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2006, 03:47:58 AM »
Dude, at least the guy isnt blowing dudes or selling junk to compete.

Yeah, excellent point. Billy, you also made a couple really good posts earlier this week that I was just too tired to reply to with an appreciative reply myself. I get on here, if I get on here at all, late at night after work, so I am sometimes just too tired. Sorry, will try to do better, as I really like to stay as fair and objective as possible.

RHINO290

« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2006, 06:42:45 AM »

Great question, I think people know the deal. Some don't discuss it, some come out and ask. Most people do realize that being a good athlete, no matter what the sport, is not just about drugs, there are a lot of other factors, and many people respect me immensley for what I do.

Funny story, The largest bank in the world(try to fiqure it out) is trying to steal me from my firm right now. I went to meet with the senior vice pres. of sales and he says " have you seen the show-the man with the exploding arms?" i explained to him about synthol and such. He then asked me "well can I ask the question, or is it out of line?"

I acted stupid, and said" what question?" he said "do you take steriods?"

I said "NO" I have good genentics and don't need to"

I guess it is a comfort level with who you are speaking with, but yes i get these as well as medical questions all the time.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2006, 07:09:48 AM »
So you do agree that some things are more important than honesty for the sake of honesty?

I tell everyone who wants to know if I juice "no" but then make fun of the idea in a way that makes it sound ridiculous... for instance...

"Yeah im going out for lunch, im going to get a smoothie with extra steroids in it...""

Then when the ask me if I do juice then I tell them nah of course not...why would i...

In corporate America , I think they are more worried that you are going to 'rage' or have health probs as opposed to them being illegal. The general concensus is that you can go to GNC and get cupplements which are just as 'bad' as steroids
L

RHINO290

« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2006, 07:17:14 AM »
So you do agree that some things are more important than honesty for the sake of honesty?

I tell everyone who wants to know if I juice "no" but then make fun of the idea in a way that makes it sound ridiculous... for instance...

"Yeah im going out for lunch, im going to get a smoothie with extra steroids in it...""

Then when the ask me if I do juice then I tell them nah of course not...why would i...

In corporate America , I think they are more worried that you are going to 'rage' or have health probs as opposed to them being illegal. The general concensus is that you can go to GNC and get cupplements which are just as 'bad' as steroids

Yeah, I mean lets face it, unless you live our world, it is hard to understand. And really, when you think about it, the life is crazy, the rish vs reward, I mean really.... sometimes I wonder if it worth it. I guess this my way of fighting mediocity.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2006, 07:49:54 AM »
Great question, I think people know the deal. Some don't discuss it, some come out and ask. Most people do realize that being a good athlete, no matter what the sport, is not just about drugs, there are a lot of other factors, and many people respect me immensley for what I do.

Funny story, The largest bank in the world(try to fiqure it out) is trying to steal me from my firm right now. I went to meet with the senior vice pres. of sales and he says " have you seen the show-the man with the exploding arms?" i explained to him about synthol and such. He then asked me "well can I ask the question, or is it out of line?"

I acted stupid, and said" what question?" he said "do you take steriods?"

I said "NO" I have good genentics and don't need to"

I guess it is a comfort level with who you are speaking with, but yes i get these as well as medical questions all the time.

Are you in talks with Citigroup?

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2006, 06:56:24 AM »
Gayjonna, you are a homo. ::)