Author Topic: Are any of you fathers to daughters?  (Read 6067 times)

pamith

• Getbig V
Re: Are any of you fathers to daughters?
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2022, 09:12:04 PM »
Can’t believe many getbiggers have kids, including me, fucked up concept to fathom, getbiggers and children…..

With matty c leading the way  ;D
I don't have children, yet, am I missing out?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2022, 09:23:14 PM »
I don't have children, yet, am I missing out?

No. You not having kids is a scenario where everyone wins.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2022, 10:00:14 PM »
Congrats Wiggs!

Hopefully the baby sleeps good. When they cry It's usually 1 of 3 things: they want to be fed, they need to be changed or they need to be burped.

If she wakes up crying and wakes you up in the middle of the night remember how tired you sre is directly proportional to how quickly the baby goes back to sleep. So just embrace the suck, be patient.

Someone else said 'long days but short years' Yep. Your life is about to hit the fast forward button. So just be patient and enjoy it.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2022, 11:06:11 PM »
Two..

Ages 25 and 28.
Both hard-working, non-Karens. I would say we "lucked out" but we just raised them right.
Work hard, respect people, nothing is owed to you, etc. Both have great careers.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2022, 11:07:35 PM »
First child at age 43. I have alot going through my mind good, bad and ugly. But this is what I wanted.

Congratulations mate you will love it and will be great father

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2022, 11:10:37 PM »
Does the financial obligation of 20+ years not turn anyone off children?  ???

Something happens > you go broke > you go to prison

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2022, 11:26:08 PM »

Having kids did install a deep rooted fear of being poor and did increase the stress of being self employed a bit as only having self to worry about is no big deal but having kids magnified the urgency of keeping good on table and roof over head it’s still worth it though. I

I’d fuckibg hate to be poor with kids though one of my daughters birthdays when she was young we let her have one of her gifts the night before was just some daft cheap talking bird in a cage and watching her play with it suddenly hit the sinking feeling that what If a single gift is all could afford and how bad and a failure I’d feel. I know we’re talking first world problems here but something switches when you have kids you can spend a small fortune on their birthday and Christmas and still feel like you never did enough hard to explain but those with kids will get what mean

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2022, 11:29:09 PM »
Having kids did install a deep rooted fear of being poor and did increase the stress of being self employed a bit as only having self to worry about is no big deal but having kids magnified the urgency of keeping good on table and roof over head it’s still worth it though. I

I’d fuckibg hate to be poor with kids though one of my daughters birthdays when she was young we let her have one of her gifts the night before was just some daft cheap talking bird in a cage and watching her play with it suddenly hit the sinking feeling that what If a single gift is all could afford and how bad and a failure I’d feel. I know we’re talking first world problems here but something switches when you have kids you can spend a small fortune on their birthday and Christmas and still feel like you never did enough hard to explain but those with kids will get what mean

Thanks Henda.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2022, 11:29:46 PM »

Never crossed my mind. Back in mid-90's, we didnt have the issues we see today.
Today, i WOULD NOT have kids. World is too fucked.

Always worked and things were good technology-wise, I worked in that field. Never thought about going to Prison, I didnt commit crimes.

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2022, 11:32:53 PM »
Never crossed my mind. Back in mid-90's, we didnt have the issues we see today.
Today, i WOULD NOT have kids. World is too fucked.

Always worked and things were good technology-wise, I worked in that field. Never thought about going to Prison, I didnt commit crimes.

Agreed.

Oh, I meant prison for not having money for child upkeep.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2022, 12:10:34 AM »
Agreed.

Oh, I meant prison for not having money for child upkeep.

Gotcha...

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2022, 12:18:35 AM »
Most Getbiggers have never had sex with a woman to have children in the first place. Good luck in the future Wiggs. It is a tough world out there.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2022, 07:53:40 AM »
No. You not having kids is a scenario where everyone wins.
Bro...

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2022, 07:58:19 AM »
Most Getbiggers have never had sex with a woman to have children in the first place. Good luck in the future Wiggs. It is a tough world out there.

True.
Imagine Oak pulling out his man-clit and going after a woman? She looks like Rachel Levine Im sure...

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2022, 08:13:41 AM »
Raising my two kids was an awesome experience! One boy, one girl. Different in many ways but the same as far as how I dealt with them.

The first 10 years was amazing - the real joy of being a parent was constant. After that they start off on their own paths- girls much earlier than boys. You have to learn to step out of the way somewhat.  But I let them have a bit of rope growing up, in some things but not others. There always has been a strict "no drugs" policy, and that includes their friends. It worked.

There never was a "rebellious" phase. In fact I encouraged them to be independent but also taught them to expect consequences for their actions.

Both are now in their 20s and married- having kids of their own or about to.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2022, 08:20:19 AM »
Congrats Wiggs.

Best of luck.
Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2022, 08:25:05 AM »
I have mine in BJJ and hockey already - not raising some worthless liberal Kunt like hillary, obama, kamala etc. 

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2022, 08:36:07 AM »
What's that like?

Yes. She is 10.
I am lucky, she is very calm and a good student. The opposite of me, an older hothead.
It's a good experience but i find it hard to understand what are her likes and how to be a good companion to her.
Bikes, beer and dumbells are not her thing.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2022, 08:42:29 AM »
Yes. She is 10.
I am lucky, she is very calm and a good student. The opposite of me, an older hothead.
It's a good experience but i find it hard to understand what are her likes and how to be a good companion to her.
Bikes, beer and dumbells are not her thing.
Bro...

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2022, 09:17:03 AM »
Joe Biden has a daughter.
He raped her in the shower when she was a little kid.
Dont be like Pedo Peter!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2022, 09:44:07 AM »
Thanks for all the congrats gents.  8) Most importantly, thanks for all the advice. I will definitely take it to heart and do my best to raise good children. I always let God lead the way through his word (The Bible) but there's nothing wrong with getting advice from fellow fathers who have had success. Cheers 8)

ElPolloSalmonello

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2022, 10:53:38 AM »
Raising my two kids was an awesome experience! One boy, one girl. Different in many ways but the same as far as how I dealt with them.

The first 10 years was amazing - the real joy of being a parent was constant. After that they start off on their own paths- girls much earlier than boys. You have to learn to step out of the way somewhat.  But I let them have a bit of rope growing up, in some things but not others. There always has been a strict "no drugs" policy, and that includes their friends. It worked.

There never was a "rebellious" phase. In fact I encouraged them to be independent but also taught them to expect consequences for their actions.

Both are now in their 20s and married- having kids of their own or about to.

This mirrors my experience. The less 'parenting' you do, the easier they grow up.

We live in a house that was 4 and is now 3. We had a rule - "Don't be a dick to the other people in the house" and it seemed to work.

Other than stopping them jumping off a cliff, let them make their own mistakes.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2022, 11:15:56 AM »
Four - three adults and one about to turn 16

Best thing I ever did 8)

(Apart from my 2 sons, of course! ;D)
T

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2022, 02:35:23 PM »
Congratulations good sir.  You will be a fine father.
~

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2022, 07:41:02 PM »
What's that like?

This depends on the daughter. Overall, my experience was and still is good. Our daughter was challenging as a teenager, she questioned everything. She was independent, strong willed and sometimes argumentative. She was extremely social with a lot of friends.

As our daughter matured into adulthood, she and her mother were very close. Specially after she married. I see some of both my late wife's and my personality traits in her.

By comparison, our son was easier to raise during his teenage years. He was just as independent as his sister. He was very studious. He graduated high school with honors (magna cum laude). Was very active in sports, including; little league, high school football, and rugby in the summer. He and his friends played Dungeons and Dragons almost every weekend.

Reflectively, I think my late wife and I were lucky to have two great children who became terrific adults both of whom I admire and love very much.