Author Topic: Are any of you fathers to daughters?  (Read 6066 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Are any of you fathers to daughters?
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2022, 08:06:00 PM »
Quote from: pamith on August 22, 2022, 09:12:04 PM
I don't have children, yet, am I missing out?

If you want children, you should have them. Most likely you'd be glad you did. I know people who chose not to have children and as far as I know they don't regret it.

Quote from: Rusty Trombone on August 22, 2022, 11:10:37 PM
Does the financial obligation of 20+ years not turn anyone off children?   

Something happens > you go broke > you go to prison

If we had not had children, we would likely have wasted that money. They are definitely worth every penny we spent.
 [/quote]

Quote from: Gym-Rat on August 22, 2022, 11:29:46 PM
Never crossed my mind. Back in mid-90's, we didnt have the issues we see today.
Today, i WOULD NOT have kids. World is too fucked.

Always worked and things were good technology-wise, I worked in that field. Never thought about going to Prison, I didnt commit crimes.

Since the beginning of time, with each new generation, folks have said this. Looking back through history, there were much worse times than there are today.

Quote from: Hypertrophy on Today at 08:13:41 AM
Raising my two kids was an awesome experience! One boy, one girl. Different in many ways but the same as far as how I dealt with them.

The first 10 years was amazing - the real joy of being a parent was constant. After that they start off on their own paths- girls much earlier than boys. You have to learn to step out of the way somewhat.  But I let them have a bit of rope growing up, in some things but not others. There always has been a strict "no drugs" policy, and that includes their friends. It worked.

There never was a "rebellious" phase. In fact I encouraged them to be independent but also taught them to expect consequences for their actions.

Both are now in their 20s and married- having kids of their own or about to.
This is something every parent should do. Too many do not and the result can be dreadful.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2022, 08:16:54 PM »
This depends on the daughter. Overall, my experience was and still is good. Our daughter was challenging as a teenager, she questioned everything. She was independent, strong willed and sometimes argumentative. She was extremely social with a lot of friends.

As our daughter matured into adulthood, she and her mother were very close. Specially after she married. I see some of both my late wife's and my personality traits in her.

By comparison, our son was easier to raise during his teenage years. He was just as independent as his sister. He was very studious. He graduated high school with honors (magna cum laude). Was very active in sports, including; little league, high school football, and rugby in the summer. He and his friends played Dungeons and Dragons almost every weekend.

Reflectively, I think my late wife and I were lucky to have two great children who became terrific adults both of whom I admire and love very much.   

Aren’t all your grown adult children and grand children living under the same house as you?

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2022, 08:45:43 PM »
I'm not really a father to a daughter, but I do fuck a grown daughter of a man who is a father to his daughter.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2022, 10:17:46 PM »
I'm not really a father to a daughter, but I do fuck a grown daughter of a man who is a father to his daughter.

she may see you as the daddy she wished she had

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2022, 11:12:51 PM »
she may see you as the daddy she wished she had

LOL it may happen.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2022, 11:48:44 PM »
That must have been lonely for you son and him not knowing your queer fear

Doesn't mean I didn’t spend time with him it’s just different

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2022, 10:24:36 AM »
First child at age 43. I have alot going through my mind good, bad and ugly. But this is what I wanted.
All the best Wiggs.....congrats buddy !!   ;)

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2022, 01:13:00 PM »
Yes. They tend to be calmer than boys. From 0 to about 10 years old you're superman, captain america, santa claus, bugs bunny and zues all rolled into one. After that they tend to start thinking your just the dorky  old man that pays for everything.

Like Henda said id relive those first 6 years over and over with all my kids. Those are great years. Seeing how precious they can be gives you a different perspective on tge world.

Yep so true. When I drop mine off at school she is mortified if I have my metal songs playing….. so I’ll switch to one of her songs and still mortified lol.

Spent loads of time doing everything with/for her when she was little. Every single day cafe then daycare or school drop off, pickup, food, sport, events. I did heaps and I was the only Dad who did that in our school. I always told people it was a privilege to do those things and a joy not a chore.

from about 8 onwards she shifted more to her Mum and began to realise I’m a man Dad and icky lol. So yeah, do everything you can when girls are young. She will shift back to me in teenage years as she will argue with her Mum over stuff no doubt. All girls seem to do this I think because most of us guys don’t hassle them constantly in the house to do stuff.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2022, 03:21:22 PM »

Since the beginning of time, with each new generation, folks have said this. Looking back through history, there were much worse times than there are today.

I know youre right.
But if we were mid-20's now, thinking of kids, wife and I both say "no f'ing way".
But maybe mid-20 kids, this is all they know and its not a huge deal.
We came from a better place and time...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2022, 12:23:02 AM »
I know youre right.
But if we were mid-20's now, thinking of kids, wife and I both say "no f'ing way".
But maybe mid-20 kids, this is all they know and its not a huge deal.
We came from a better place and time...

Well, as a kid growing up in Southern California, I did spend a lot of time outside, riding my bike and hanging out with friends. Sometimes I helped my friend Henry with his afternoon paper route. My parents gave me a lot of freedom to do what I wanted and go where I wanted if I didn't get into trouble.

What I didn't do was, play games or endlessly talk to my friends on a cell phone. I didn't plant myself in front of the TV for hours on end. The TV was turned on by my parents after dinner and I watched the shows they chose. Trust me, it wasn't cartoons or other kiddy shows. Mostly boring one's for a kid, like The Ed Sullivan show or the Honeymooners "POW right in the kisser" segment of the Jackie Gleason show. So, I would go to my room and build model airplanes instead.

I didn't snack on junk food all day long because there was none of that in the house... want to have a snack? Eat an apple or a banana. My mom cooked dinner almost every night and sometimes my dad did. They didn't do take out or have pizza delivered. Every so often, maybe once a month we'd eat out at a restaurant either Chinese or Italian.

Occasionally, my dad took me to a movie house on La Brea, just off Hollywood Blvd that only showed old-time silent films. That was weird but fun because it was something we did together. Sometimes he and I would watch boxing matches on the TV, and we make non-monetary bets on who would win. He'd let me watch the first round before betting. Very often I picked the winner.

Yup, a kid’s life back in the 40's - 60's was a lot different than what it is today. A lot simpler.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2022, 12:28:20 AM »
Well, as a kid growing up in Southern California, I did spend a lot of time outside, riding my bike and hanging out with friends. Sometimes I helped my friend Henry with his afternoon paper route. My parents gave me a lot of freedom to do what I wanted and go where I wanted if I didn't get into trouble.

What I didn't do was, play games or endlessly talk to my friends on a cell phone. I didn't plant myself in front of the TV for hours on end. The TV was turned on by my parents after dinner and I watched the shows they chose. Trust me, it wasn't cartoons or other kiddy shows. Mostly boring one's for a kid, like The Ed Sullivan show or the Honeymooners "POW right in the kisser" segment of the Jackie Gleason show. So, I would go to my room and build model airplanes instead.

I didn't snack on junk food all day long because there was none of that in the house... want to have a snack? Eat an apple or a banana. My mom cooked dinner almost every night and sometimes my dad did. They didn't do take out or have pizza delivered. Every so often, maybe once a month we'd eat out at a restaurant either Chinese or Italian.

Occasionally, my dad took me to a movie house on La Brea, just off Hollywood Blvd that only showed old-time silent films. That was weird but fun because it was something we did together. Sometimes he and I would watch boxing matches on the TV, and we make non-monetary bets on who would win. He'd let me watch the first round before betting. Very often I picked the winner.

Yup, a kid’s life back in the 40's - 60's was a lot different than what it is today. A lot simpler.

Even us in the 70's, similar. Would go out when the sun rose, come home when the street lights went on (when younger).
Parents would only see me for 10 minutes, to scoff down supper. Summer vacation used to seem like 10 months, never mind 10-weeks.
After a point (age 13) we were just staying out 'til 11 PM. Sports all day, kick the can at night, etc.
(Of course we would run around and get into a bit of trouble, minor stuff though).
Very fun days I look back on...

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2022, 09:29:16 AM »

A Great way of life & to grow up,
sounds very similar to mine growing up in the 60's & 70's
early life in southern Spain & life in England

I tried best I could for my Son's to have as Similar outdoors life.

The youngsters growing up in many many places have such a limited
Electronic artificial life - yet they think it Normal & okay !!
That's the ability of Human's to adapt.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2022, 12:18:45 PM »

That's the ability of Human's to adapt regress.

fixed

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2022, 12:22:58 PM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2022, 12:48:25 PM »

That's the ability of Human's to adapt.

It is not a normal life according to our standards. It is according to theirs, so it is likely most of those folks don't think about it at all.

So much of the quality of one's life depends on where they live.

My kids had all the same advantages and freedoms I did. My son's childhood was well balanced. He was into sports, he was studious, and he enjoyed spending time with his friends. He was a 'late bloomer' as far as dating goes.

This also describes my daughter's early life, but with her the order was different, socializing came first, including dating, her schoolwork second and lastly sports. She was into gymnastics in elementary school and tennis in high school. She also was the score keeper for her high school wrestling team. Funny thing is she never dated the wrestlers... who were jokingly referred to as 'mat fags'.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2022, 12:52:26 PM »

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2022, 06:39:47 PM »
All the best Wiggs, good luck.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2022, 07:07:45 PM »
It is not a normal life according to our standards. It is according to theirs, so it is likely most of those folks don't think about it at all.

So much of the quality of one's life depends on where they live.

My kids had all the same advantages and freedoms I did. My son's childhood was well balanced. He was into sports, he was studious, and he enjoyed spending time with his friends. He was a 'late bloomer' as far as dating goes.

This also describes my daughter's early life, but with her the order was different, socializing :D came first, including dating, her schoolwork second and lastly sports. She was into gymnastics in elementary school and tennis in high school. She also was the score keeper for her high school wrestling team. Funny thing is she never dated the wrestlers... who were jokingly referred to as 'mat fags'.

“Matt Fags”
Is That your New Name for the person
Who sent you a Very Suspect Video recording
Of Himself. ??

;D ;D :D ;D :D

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2022, 08:20:23 PM »
Being a dad is the easiest shit in the world..all these people told me “it’s so hard! You have to change your whole life!”

That’s absolute bullshit!

Having kids is by far the easiest and best thing I ever did..getting married is bullshit..but the kids are awesome everyday.

Bench

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2022, 01:28:30 PM »
Being a dad is the easiest shit in the world..all these people told me “it’s so hard! You have to change your whole life!”

That’s absolute bullshit!

Having kids is by far the easiest and best thing I ever did..getting married is bullshit..but the kids are awesome everyday.

Bench
That's why so many ditch the spouse.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2022, 01:33:24 PM »
“Matt Fags”
Is That your New Name for the person
Who sent you a Very Suspect Video recording
Of Himself. ??

;D ;D :D ;D :D

It is spelled 'mat' with only one 't' and it is laid on the gym floor. But, your post is rather clever. So, I'm gonna laugh along with you.  ;D ;D :D ;D :D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2022, 01:42:32 PM »
My daughter and son-in-law are taking me on a brunch cruise for my birthday tomorrow on the Willamette River.

https://portlandspirit.com/cruise/brunch/

Randomum

• Getbig III
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2022, 04:26:02 PM »
Hey Wiggs, congrats. How old is the mother? Do you plan on having more kids? Are you still in Fl?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2022, 09:31:12 PM »
My daughter and son-in-law are taking me on a brunch cruise for my birthday tomorrow on the Willamette River.

https://portlandspirit.com/cruise/brunch/

Wear a life jacket because something tells me they plan on getting you drunk in the hopes that you fall overboard.

Marvin Martian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2022, 11:04:25 PM »
Wear a life jacket because something tells me they plan on getting you drunk in the hopes that you fall overboard.

As she is pushing the nasty skin bag overboard she will yell “this is for abandoning mom while she suffered so you could go off and lick sweaty balls fcker!!”