Author Topic: Can I build muscle mass and lose fat at the same time  (Read 6723 times)

Saskbb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Can I build muscle mass and lose fat at the same time
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2006, 11:29:09 AM »
Hey kid, you shut up, and learn something. I don't care how much "experience" and knowledge you've acquired, it's too early to be talking like a punk.

O come on give the kid a break.  I have a 16 year old daughter and she thinks she knows everything too!  I remember when I was 16 I thought all old people were idoits and out of date.  It is strange how now that I'm 40 something I realize how smart my dad really was! 

It is just part of the age and most of us were there too!

Old but still on Stage!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2006, 07:56:58 PM »
you may have been training longer, but dude, ive been studying and been a fan of bodybuilding for over three years.    and im sure that i read and watch a whole lot more stuff to do wth bodybuilding than you do, personal trainer or not.

im talkin bout cq or whatever his name is.  

::)

Firstly, I am not a dude or a he.

Secondly, I have been in this game for 15 years as trainer/gym owner/competitor etc. Your whole 3 years does not compare.

Thirdly, I doubt you " i read and watch a whole lot more stuff to do wth bodybuilding than you do". I attend or compete in many shows each year, have been reading a multitude of things about bodybuilding for longer than you have been alive, and I have variety of certifications within this field.

I will stop there and hope you get my point. It's great you are into this so young, but give the arrogance a break kid. Good luck with your lifting.

Saskbb: I have tried to be polite to this kid, but if he wants to step and be rude, then he needs to be able to take it.

Saskbb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2006, 11:36:45 PM »
No worries here, I never get in the way of a women!!!!! My wife would kick my ass (but don't tell her I kind of like it).  She has just taken up BB and also doing Prov. so we have 2 deiting 6 weeks out.  I just wished he filmed this as a reality tv. show!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2006, 05:54:50 AM »
No worries here, I never get in the way of a women!!!!! My wife would kick my ass (but don't tell her I kind of like it).  She has just taken up BB and also doing Prov. so we have 2 deiting 6 weeks out.  I just wished he filmed this as a reality tv. show!

I like your wife ;D
Best of luck to both of you in your shows.

Yeah your right. Sorry guys, had to vent. I'm in Afghanistan it doesn't help the stress level.

Hope all goes well for you there, stay safe.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2006, 08:05:03 AM »
No reason to give rudeness and arrogance a break just because it "might" be unlearned 20 years later. We can do our part to speed up the process.  ;D Actually it's in their interest, but they can't see it yet.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2006, 11:13:42 AM »
Mike Mentzer use to keep body fat measurements of himself, Ray Mentzer and their training partner. They all gained muscle while losing body fat.  Granted they were all juicing.  Zane, Arnold and Columbu also went up in lean body weight while losing fat during contest prep.  Again they were users.  I know it can be done but it's tough.  Most will agree that it's nearly impossible for mere mortals to do.  Most gain weight and size at first.  Then they will try to retain as much muscle as they can while trying to get ripped.

4thAD

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2006, 04:52:08 PM »
Check out the Max OT program! They say you can definately lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. Ive been lifting for my whole life and I say you definately can to a point.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2006, 04:57:40 PM »
Sure you can you just have to play with your diet|training and make the right adjustments.
just push some weight!

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2006, 09:51:37 PM »
everybody at some points will be able to gain muscles and lose fat at once, but it's tough everything has to be aligned. and u cannot sustain it for long. i believe i did that my first few years of training but as i get older, it's one or the other, not both.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2006, 06:01:25 AM »
Yeah your right. Sorry guys, had to vent. I'm in Afghanistan it doesn't help the stress level.

headhuntersix,
Are you guys using the MATILDA, ACER, MAUD, or MARV robots in Afghanistan?