Author Topic: JESUS OLIVARES - The Strongest Tested Powerlifter  (Read 3782 times)

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
JESUS OLIVARES - The Strongest Tested Powerlifter
« on: September 08, 2022, 12:24:19 PM »

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
Re: JESUS OLIVARES - The Strongest Tested Powerlifter
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 12:25:27 PM »
Does tested means he claims “natural” status?

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2022, 12:29:46 PM »
Bro, natural or not that’s fucking strong..my heaviest squat ever was a lighter than that and I was blasting the shit out of gear

Bench

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2022, 12:35:28 PM »

Thats what I was thinking. "Tested" = He beat the whiz-quiz...

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2022, 12:41:47 PM »
Thats what I was thinking. "Tested" = He beat the whiz-quiz...

Yeah he competes in tested competitions.

Doesn't mean he's natural.

I used to compete in USAPL, which was "tested". In the 3 years i competed i was tested once.

Not taking anything away from The Jesus, he's a strong dude.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2022, 12:56:49 PM »

I used to compete in USAPL, which was "tested". In the 3 years i competed i was tested once.

I take it Dr. Mauro Dipasquale didn't run your testing protocols.  ;D

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2022, 01:03:08 PM »
I take it Dr. Mauro Dipasquale didn't run your testing protocols.  ;D

Haha... no he didn't.

The tests were completely random, since they were expensive and they couldn't force athletes to pay for them, they were rare.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2022, 01:19:09 PM »
Haha... no he didn't.

The tests were completely random, since they were expensive and they couldn't force athletes to pay for them, they were rare.

Don't some federations (bodybuilding or powerlifting) test the top three of each class? If I recall, that's how Ronnie Coleman got his spot at the Universe in 1991.

Obviously, if you placed last in a drug-tested show and were taking anabolics, YOU SUCK!!

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2022, 01:25:30 PM »
Don't some federations (bodybuilding or powerlifting) test the top three of each class? Obviously, if you placed last in a drug-tested show and were taking anabolics, YOU SUCK!!

Some do, but it is only a few select federations.

And there are ways around the tests if you are smart or know the right people.

Things may be different today, i'm not personally involved with it anymore, but i have friends that are, and they say cheating the tests is pretty easy.

The strictest testing i ever saw was when i competed in Olympic Weightlifting in the late 90's. The guys who were trying to get into the Olympic trials were tested very often.

There are a lot of guys juiced to the tits who are not very strong, it's kind of crazy how some people just aren't built for it.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2022, 01:32:46 PM »
Some do, but it is only a few select federations.

And there are ways around the tests if you are smart or know the right people.

Things may be different today, i'm not personally involved with it anymore, but i have friends that are, and they say cheating the tests is pretty easy.

The strictest testing i ever saw was when i competed in Olympic Weightlifting in the late 90's. The guys who were trying to get into the Olympic trials were tested very often.

There are a lot of guys juiced to the tits who are not very strong, it's kind of crazy how some people just aren't built for it.

You may recall our spirited debate about testing, as it related to Ronnie Coleman and why other amateurs (particularly the heavies) didn't try to beat the test and do the Universe to get a pro card.

Looking back, perhaps amateurs wanted all the press and magazine covers that the USA/Nationals (even North American) champs got by winning those titles.

Shawn Ray stated that he didn't even know who Ronnie was in 1992 or how he even made it to the Olympia. Apparently, he forgot that the class winners at the Universe automatically qualified for the O.

BTW, Coleman also competed in the ADFPA. Did you compete in that federation?

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2022, 01:42:16 PM »
You may recall our spirited debate about testing, as it related to Ronnie Coleman and why other amateurs (particularly the heavies) didn't try to beat the test and do the Universe to get a pro card.

Looking back, perhaps amateurs wanted all the press and magazine covers that the USA/Nationals (even North American) champs got by winning those titles.

Shawn Ray stated that he didn't even know who Ronnie was in 1992 or how he even made it to the Olympia. Apparently, he forgot that the class winners at the Universe automatically qualified for the O.

Yeah, we've had quite a few debates here. ;D

There is no way to truly know, but i can tell you with absolute certainty, that you can cheat the tests and/or bypass them completely due to who you know.

Not everyone is that lucky and many times the guys who get caught just mistimed everything. There is a science to it. I know guys who did it for years.

Not really worth debating since nobody knows for sure except the person doing it, but i'm just saying it is possible and has been done.

I competed in WPA/APA / USAPL (tested) / WABDL (tested) for about 7 years. Was only tested twice. But i wasn't a big name, i did win a few regional comps.

The guys i trained with were state champs and were tested maybe once a year. One of them held a national bench press record for a few years and got tested a handful of times.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2022, 01:55:18 PM »

That's a floating term. If you once used anabolics, how long do you have to be off to be considered "natural". Some feds say three years; others say 5-7 years. A handful require your being lifetime drug-free (you can't even have used DHEA).

I've often used the 50% rule for former consumers of PEDs. If you were taking them for 10 years, you should be off at least 5 years to be considered natural.

Your mileage may vary.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2022, 02:35:43 PM »
still a big fat twat sweating over 3 plates of buffet all alone at the party.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2022, 02:55:46 PM »

Nobody fucks with him, that’s for sure.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2022, 03:13:34 PM »
So the drug-free records are not actually drug-free?

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2022, 03:56:46 PM »
So the drug-free records are not actually drug-free?

Depends.

Not all comps are tested.

But in general, yes, they are drug-free.

I've competed in dozens of tested events without being tested.

So, think of that how you may.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2022, 05:07:46 PM »

There is no way to truly know, but i can tell you with absolute certainty, that you can cheat the tests and/or bypass them completely due to who you know.

If officials are corrupted there might be a way to cheat. But no one's beating the test as is by doing something themselves. In the 80s and early 90s you could just stop the drugs, one gut told me stopped Omnadren 10 weeks out and dbol 10 days out. Forget about doing anything like that today, even orals can stick around for many months.

What you need is like a secret service working for you like the Russians do. They actually broke into testing labs and switched out the bottles. Even the Russians can't "beat" the test.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2022, 05:20:19 PM »
If officials are corrupted there might be a way to cheat. But no one's beating the test as is by doing something themselves. In the 80s and early 90s you could just stop the drugs, one gut told me stopped Omnadren 10 weeks out and dbol 10 days out. Forget about doing anything like that today, even orals can stick around for many months.

What you need is like a secret service working for you like the Russians do. They actually broke into testing labs and switched out the bottles. Even the Russians can't "beat" the test.

Use someone else's sample.

You can use another man's piss and preserve it for a few hours.

It's really easy.

You have advanced notice of the test; they can't just grab you by the arm and drag you in the bathroom and make you piss.

You can't fake a blood test though.

I've never seen a blood test administered at an amatuer level.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2022, 05:50:18 PM »
Use someone else's sample.

You can use another man's piss and preserve it for a few hours.

It's really easy.

You have advanced notice of the test; they can't just grab you by the arm and drag you in the bathroom and make you piss.

You can't fake a blood test though.

I've never seen a blood test administered at an amatuer level.

Say the IPF uses WADA protocols where you can't fumble around with urine without them noticing. Once they select you the protocol is not to let you out of their sight. At a meet that's how I've seen it go down. If you can't piss right then they follow you around until you do. And I think they even look at you cock to make sure where the urine is coming from. Then the immediate temperature check. So that type of scenario is hard to beat. They have a lot of money here in Sweden so they make unnannounced visits and you have to log your every move on the computer, if you are on the national team.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2022, 01:21:52 AM »
Tested for what? STD's?

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2022, 01:27:41 AM »
IPF watches you piss I believe, so hard to fake it with samples.
Masking agents is another issue. And then, some big fat guys are just strong.

SweetDaddySiki

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2022, 05:26:26 AM »
He's "natural"? Not on steroids?

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2022, 12:58:02 PM »
Say the IPF uses WADA protocols where you can't fumble around with urine without them noticing. Once they select you the protocol is not to let you out of their sight. At a meet that's how I've seen it go down. If you can't piss right then they follow you around until you do. And I think they even look at you cock to make sure where the urine is coming from. Then the immediate temperature check. So that type of scenario is hard to beat. They have a lot of money here in Sweden so they make unnannounced visits and you have to log your every move on the computer, if you are on the national team.

I've never heard of that happening.

I believe there are certain laws in America that they cannot watch you piss unless you are on parole.

Yeah at a high level i can believe in unannounced visits and whatnot, that's what they do to Olympians.

Just saying in 20 years of being around this stuff i've seen people easily get away with it.

You can bypass the temp check too, they make kits to get through drug tests with special containers with a thermometer on the side, comes with a heated pad and a strap to your leg to conceal.

They use these in the oil field to pass drug tests, but you need a good hour notice.

That's what my close friends used.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2023, 11:04:31 AM »
2023 IPF Sheffield Powerlifting Championships

https://barbend.com/jesus-olivares-all-time-world-record-raw-total-1152-kilograms/

On Saturday, Mar. 25, 2023, super heavyweight powerlifter Jesus Olivares competed in the International Powerlifting Federation’s (IPF) Sheffield Championships. He not only won his category but set an all-time raw world record total of 1,152.5 kilograms (2,540.8 pounds)

Olivares’ new all-time raw world record total surpassed the previous record of 1,127.5 kilograms (2,485.7 pounds) scored by Dan Bell at the 2020 RPS Sarasota Showdown. The summary of Olivares’ performance, including his lifts, can be seen below, courtesy of Powerlifting America’s Instagram page:

2023 IPF Sheffield Powerlifting Championships Results | Jesus Olivares, +120KG, Raw

Squat — 470 kilograms (1,036.35 pounds)
Bench Press — 272.5 kilograms (600.8 pounds)
Deadlift — 410 kilograms (904.5 pounds) New World Record
Total — 1,152.5 kilograms (2,542.1 pounds) New All-Time World Record

He easily hit the qualifying total for worlds in June, and will be taking home $36,681, finishing in 1st place overall.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2023, 02:55:26 PM »
Half-ton squat and 600-lb bench are pretty good for a natural.