Author Topic: Your best bodybuilding memory or momment?  (Read 12347 times)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Your best bodybuilding memory or momment?
« on: April 25, 2006, 08:32:02 PM »
Ok, so what was YOUR best, most fun, greatest feat, etc in the crazy world of bodybuilding.
Any show place/voctory, meeting a top pro, or lift in the gym.

For me : Getting in my first show (at 19) , the 1978 Mr Eastern Seaboard , placed and received my trophy from Chris Dickerson (82 Mr O).He told me congrats and that I good shape and symmetry. ( He was class act, said some quick positive comment to most of the guys in the show he presented to. This was long before I found out about all the crap in this sport :P ;D

Tell all! your turn...
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
Re: Your best bodybuilding memory or momment?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 08:33:50 PM »
 My first time participating in gay-for-pay ;D

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 10:56:31 PM »
Hey, Chris Dickerson is in my story too.   Late one night, ran into him at the Lure in NYC....

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 12:34:57 AM »
 :P  I thoght it was great when the IFBB finally upheld their rules about drugs and took away the title from Shawn for clearly breaking the rules.  That was awesome.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 02:31:46 AM »
Gustavo claiming to be 100% natural
I am a mini beast

sandstone

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 02:34:47 AM »
Mine has to be... "Milk is for babies."   

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 06:36:27 AM »
When we were filming Pumping Iron, all the guys, the memories, it was so unreal..... Waller was sooo funny when he owned Katz...Robbie had the bitches, and Arnold was ....well Arnold. Those guys and that time was some of the best memories I had in the Iron game.
L

Gordon_Gekko

• Getbig III
  • All drugs!
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 08:15:07 AM »
My first time participating in gay-for-pay ;D

Were you the payer or payee?
Greed is good!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 08:17:23 AM »
:P  I thoght it was great when the IFBB finally upheld their rules about drugs and took away the title from Shawn for clearly breaking the rules.  That was awesome.

What are you talking about, Keith?

What title did they take away from Shawn and why?

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 08:36:51 AM »
What are you talking about, Keith?

What title did they take away from Shawn and why?

Arnold Classic
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2006, 08:39:01 AM »
Arnold Classic

Yeah dude.  Shawn Ray won the Arnold Classic once.  Why did Keith say something about them taking the title from Shawn?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2006, 08:40:15 AM »
benching 405.  Can't do it anymore (major injury) but I'll never forget it.

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2006, 09:03:13 AM »
Meeting Lee Haney in 1987.  I was just a sophomore in high school, but I idolized the guy.  He was cool and friendly, a total class act.   8)

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2006, 09:11:51 AM »
Meeting Lee Haney in 1987.  I was just a sophomore in high school, but I idolized the guy.  He was cool and friendly, a total class act.   8)

I met Lee Haney at a contest in 1990.  When I saw him it was like seeing Jesus Christ in the flesh.  I could barely believe it was really him and damn he was huge.  I took a picture with him as did all my friends and Lee was a true gentleman and a complete professional.  He was kind, courteous and answered questions from anyone about anything. 

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2006, 09:56:31 AM »
I met Ronnie Coleman not 40 minutes after he won his First olympia. I was waiting for a taxi on the side of the Garden and him and Vicki Gates popped out of a door right in front of me. That was pretty cool.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2006, 10:01:41 AM »
Yeah dude.  Shawn Ray won the Arnold Classic once.  Why did Keith say something about them taking the title from Shawn?

Shawn was stripped of his '90 Arnold title for testing positive for steroids.....a few other competitors were also disqualified.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2006, 10:04:21 AM »
Shawn was stripped of his '90 Arnold title for testing positive for steroids.....a few other competitors were also disqualified.

Holy crap! 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2006, 10:10:34 AM »
Holy crap! 

Yeah, I've got the old issue of FLEX covering that contest.....makes me laugh.....there's gotta be somethin you can google on it.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2006, 10:12:56 AM »
the day i had finally benched 300lbs

and the next week shoulder pressing the same weight..

i walked out feeling like a god   :D

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2006, 10:17:00 AM »
The day I put down the little blue plastic-coated dumbbells for good and stepped up to the all metal ones.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2006, 10:46:30 AM »
Ok, MOS gonna get a little sentimental here.....gay yes, but here goes......I used to be your typical bullied kid in jr high and high school....suffered the typical torment from bullies and what not....no big deal right....a lot of kids get bullied.   Had one kid that was fairly relentless and gave me shit almost everyday...he was  couple years older than me....was your typical douchebag.....and he picked on me constantly.....some days more than others but I let most of it roll off my back.   Decided to get in shape during my Senior year and made some novice progress over that year (nothin dramatic mind you)....still suffered the torment, but whatever.....graduated, started college and transformed myself over the next several years.....5 years had passed since high school....dropped a ton of fat and put on a ton of muscle....I lived and breathed school, work and training....I was a totally different kid basically.   Walked into my regular gym one night and start warming up on a bench.....I get goin in what I'm doin and I'm asked for a spot by the guy next to me....no biggie.....I always help if I'm asked cause I'm nice and shit.....anyways, I go over and spot the guy and loe and behold it's my former tormentor LOL!!!  I recognize him immediately....still a skinny pussy, but now he's got about half his hair and looks like a typical P.O.S. minimum wage gas station clerk.   I'm perfectly polite and help him through a few more sets, but he starts gettin inquisitive and sayin, "hey you look familiar.....where do I know you from?  Dang you're a big mofo....how much you bench?"  Now keep in mind, I'm a couple inches taller and 2.5 times his size and he's start to recognize my face, but we keep on goin with our presses.   Before his last set we're talkin and he says, "Dude, I swear I know you from somewhere!  It'll come to me, I'm great with faces."   So he lays down on the bench for his last set and before he starts pressin he says, "Hey, where'd you go to high school?"  I tell him and he says, "Hey, that's where I went...what year you graduate?"  I told him and he says, "Oh you're couple years behind me....that's crazy!  I rarely run into folks from high school.  Maybe we know some of the same folks?"  Keep in mind he's layin flat on his backing talkin to me while I'm loomin over him and my anger is swelling and I finally ask, "Hey, you remember some fat little pud from back in the day.....got picked on all the time.....was a real loser!!"  He starts laughin and says, "AHAHAHAHA  hadn't thought about him in years....I used to give him shit all the time AHAHAHAHH!!!  Whatever happend to him?"   I say, "Yeah, I remember that."   He says, "You do?  So that's how we know each other......you gave him shit too huh?"   I said, "No...........I am that fat little pud."   He was startled and quickly put it all together, JUMPED THE f**k UP and started shaking a bit and apologizing and tryin to shake my hand.....he knew he was fucked, but seeing the all the color drain from his face and that scared shitless look was good enough for me.......I shook his bony hand, he left 3 minutes later and I never saw his punkass again...............P'WN3D!!!!!!111   

MOS

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2006, 10:53:15 AM »
Meeting Keith in Hawaii and marveling at the Enormous Girth around his waist?
Not to mention how the dude could easily be the Hot Dog Eating Champ of the world! ;D
Makes me wonder why your trying to hang out at a Bodybuilding and FItness board when you represent neither?
Ah, make a wrong turn at the All you Can Eat Buffet and wind up herein Fitness Gossip heaven?
yea, me too ::)

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2006, 10:56:47 AM »
 :o   wow thats low funny but low

Billy Rosewood

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Love is a Force of Nature
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2006, 10:58:26 AM »
Shawn,  who's doing your photoshopping for you?
Rusty Owns Chick's Soul

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2006, 11:00:55 AM »
Meeting Keith in Hawaii and marveling at the Enormous Girth around his waist?
Not to mention how the dude could easily be the Hot Dog Eating Champ of the world! ;D
Makes me wonder why your trying to hang out at a Bodybuilding and FItness board when you represent neither?
Ah, make a wrong turn at the All you Can Eat Buffet and wind up herein Fitness Gossip heaven?
yea, me too ::)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

a moment that stands out in my mind was when Kevn Levrone came on tot he scene at the 92 NOC and destroyed the competition

completely blown away :o :o :o

E
E