Poll

Who do you miss more?

MattC
10 (33.3%)
BHanks
20 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Matty vs Bhanky - Who do you miss more?  (Read 8167 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Matty vs Bhanky - Who do you miss more?
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2022, 10:39:54 AM »
It wasnt a lot of blood like a large tear felt like deeper inside the middle of the arm hurt wasnt sure if it was a tear or just a pulled muscle so went back 2 days later and tried chest and knew it was a tear as it hurt and blood then pooled after like 3 days

Do yourself a favor and get an MRI a.s.a.p

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2022, 11:07:26 AM »
B. Hank is the reason why I haven't been posting much lately.

B. Hank gets a lot of flak on here, including people bashing his physique, and I really hate those kind of comments. I mean, why are anonymous posters who have never posted photos of themselves insulting a guy who is in better shape than 99% of the general population?

Because of this, the only comments I really ever posted related to him were comments like "B. Hank has one of the best physiques on the board!"

And I posted comments like that MANY times. If you went through my post history, you could see for yourself that I did that.

So you'd think for a guy who gets so much flak on here, that B. Hank would be happy that I sort of have his back when people are trashing him - even teaming up on him and doing that at times.

But no.

At first, we just had normal interactions, until he felt the need to trash my seated overhead press with 100-lb dumbbells. Saying I was doing "half reps", and that I had "a foot lower to go".

He also said I am only at the 75-lb dumbbells level, when I literally did 75's for three sets of 15 last month, and can get at least 17 reps with 75's.  ::) That is almost warm-up weight for me.

What he said was utter and complete nonsense, which he just posted to insult me. Or maybe I'm the stronger presser then he is, and he just doesn't like when anyone outperforms him - but this I don't know.

Here is the video of the lift:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CihCFnegUJc/

While I will admit that I can straighten out those dumbbells, and go 2-3 inches lower to really nail the form, there is NOTHING wrong with those reps.

As proof - go on YouTube, and watch a handful of videos of fitness influencers and normal lifters doing the seated overhead press using dumbbells weighing 100-lb or more.

AROUND 80% of all such videos are of people using the same form as me, if not an even MORE LIMITED range of motion.

Probably at least half of them not only don't go any lower, but don't come close to locking out!

Only around 20% have better form, and some of those videos are of genetic freaks like George Leeman.

The only bad aspect that is unique to my form is that the dumbbells are angled towards my shoulders, and not parallel to the ground. But even if I straighten my wrists, it doesn't change the range of motion THAT much, as shown in these screenshots taken from two videos where I did it both ways:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjE3sKSNT7p/

Furthermore, I did heavy presses using a full pause here, and was still able to get three reps - and then almost five reps when I lowered the weight to 85-lb dumbbells, also with a full pause:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjFEKgHuMrT/

Here's a video using 75-lb dumbbells with a FULL PAUSE after each rep, and straightening the dumbbells and going lower, and I still got seven reps:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjE1oTRAUnZ/

And as you can see from the times on the clock, I did that set with the 75's after the heavier sets, which was after a full warm-up where I had pyramid the weight up.

So quite obviously, I am in the 85- to 100-lb dumbbell range for seated overhead presses. I haven't successfully lifted the 110's yet, but I have done 2-4 reps with the 105's before.

I'm beyond the 75's at my current strength level. B. Hank is just insulting me.

But here's my point:

My seated press video using 100-lb dumbbells for seven reps was a very good lift. Heck, I've only ever gotten nine reps on one other occassion. And I may have gotten 11 once...but I could be misremembering that. What I'm saying is that the 100's for 7 is one of my personal best lifts.

Even IF the form was slightly less than perfect - so what? It was a good lift.

It's like my current 345 bench right now. I could only get 315-320 in contest [outside chance on 325], and I'm NOT claiming that 345 is in contest form. But I don't want to post the video and have people saying I'm doing half reps, and insulting me, because the videos SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.

Obviously, we are ALL going to get fewer reps if we pause for two seconds between reps, and use precise textbook form, purposely slow reps, etc. DUH.

The video shows me pressing 100-lb dumbbells, and shows the form I use to get seven reps. The video gives a solid indication of my current pressing strength, and speaks for itself.

And it is a GOOD lift. My pressing strength is very good right now.

So I don't need some asshole saying I'm doing half reps which is NOT REMOTELY TRUE, and saying I need to go a foot lower, which is also not remotely true.

It's just insulting.

And coming from a guy who I only EVER said nice things about...it's just disheartening.

Here's a guy who gets attacked by many people on here, who I only ever said nice things about, and who is insulting me, when clearly my training is going well.

He also doesn't seem to grasp that I compete in lightweight Strongman contests [80kg], and that I am NOT a bodybuilder.

So him giving me bodybuilding training advice is pointless.

Furthermore, my deficit in muscle building is my DIET [I don't eat enough]. So training in some refined bodybuilding-style way is not going to help me because "You can't outrun a poor diet".

Unless I double my protein and calories, I won't be gaining muscle. And that's why I train for strength.

B. Hank doesn't seem to get that. And he is just incredibly negative and insulting.

And that's sort of why I haven't been posting. It doesn't help me when people critique my videos just to insult me. It doesn't help me at all, and it gets in my head a little, and makes me lose sight of reality. Media and online images make many people doubt themselves - even those who have their stuff together. Such comments are why I didn't think I was at the level to compete in strength contests at a time when I actually was. They make me doubt myself and just produce a negative aura.

B. Hank is just very insulting, I find.

Is that why people bash him?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2022, 11:27:26 AM »
Matt is strong.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2022, 11:31:01 AM »
Matt can't take any constructive criticism his form is dogshit sorry not sorry

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2022, 11:33:16 AM »

B. Hank gets a lot of flak on here, including people bashing his physique, and I really hate those kind of comments. I mean, why are anonymous posters who have never posted photos of themselves insulting a guy who is in better shape than 99% of the general population?

Because of this, the only comments I really ever posted related to him were comments like "B. Hank has one of the best physiques on the board!"

And I posted comments like that MANY times. If you went through my post history, you could see for yourself that I did that.

So you'd think for a guy who gets so much flak on here, that B. Hank would be happy that I sort of have his back when people are trashing him - even teaming up on him and doing that at times.

But no.

At first, we just had normal interactions, until he felt the need to trash my seated overhead press with 100-lb dumbbells. Saying I was doing "half reps", and that I had "a foot lower to go".

He also said I am only at the 75-lb dumbbells level, when I literally did 75's for three sets of 15 last month, and can get at least 17 reps with 75's.  ::) That is almost warm-up weight for me.

What he said was utter and complete nonsense, which he just posted to insult me. Or maybe I'm the stronger presser then he is, and he just doesn't like when anyone outperforms him - but this I don't know.

Here is the video of the lift:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CihCFnegUJc/

While I will admit that I can straighten out those dumbbells, and go 2-3 inches lower to really nail the form, there is NOTHING wrong with those reps.

As proof - go on YouTube, and watch a handful of videos of fitness influencers and normal lifters doing the seated overhead press using dumbbells weighing 100-lb or more.

AROUND 80% of all such videos are of people using the same form as me, if not an even MORE LIMITED range of motion.

Probably at least half of them not only don't go any lower, but don't come close to locking out!

Only around 20% have better form, and some of those videos are of genetic freaks like George Leeman.

The only bad aspect that is unique to my form is that the dumbbells are angled towards my shoulders, and not parallel to the ground. But even if I straighten my wrists, it doesn't change the range of motion THAT much, as shown in these screenshots taken from two videos where I did it both ways:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjE3sKSNT7p/

Furthermore, I did heavy presses using a full pause here, and was still able to get three reps - and then almost five reps when I lowered the weight to 85-lb dumbbells, also with a full pause:

Here's a video using 75-lb dumbbells with a FULL PAUSE after each rep, and straightening the dumbbells, and I still got seven reps:

And as you can see from the time on the clock, I did that set with the 75's after the heavier sets, which was after a full warm-up where I had pyramid the weight up.

So quite

But here's my point:

My seated press video using 100-lb dumbbells for seven reps was a very good lift. Heck, I've only ever gotten nine reps on one other occassion, and I may have gotten 11 once...but I could be misremembering the weight there. I know I did nine, but what I'm saying is that the 100's for 7 is one of my personal best lifts.

Even IF the form was slightly less than perfect - so what? It was a good lift.

It's like my current 345 bench right now. I could only get 315-320 in contest [outside chance on 325], and I'm NOT claiming that 345 is in contest form. But I don't want to post the video and have people saying I'm doing half reps, and insulting me, because the videos SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.

Obviously, we are ALL going to get fewer reps if we pause for two seconds between reps, and use precise textbook form. DUH.

The video shows me pressing 100-lb dumbbells, and shows the form I use to press them for seven reps. The video gives a solid indication of my current pressing strength, and speaks for itself.

And it is a GOOD lift. My pressing strength is very good right now.

So I don't need some asshole saying I'm doing half reps which is NOT REMOTELY TRUE, and saying I need to go a foot lower, which is also not remotely true.

It's just insulting.

And coming from a guy who I only EVER said nice things about...it's just disheartening.

Here's a guy who gets attacked by many people on here, who I only ever said nice things about, and who is insulting me, when clearly my training is going well.

He also doesn't seem to grasp that I compete in lightweight Strongman contests [80kg], and that I am NOT a bodybuilder.

So him giving me bodybuilding training advice is pointless.

Furthermore, my deficit in muscle building is my DIET [I don't eat enough]. So training in some refined bodybuilding-style way is not going to help me because "You can't outrun a poor diet".

Unless I double my protein and calories, I won't be gaining muscle. And that's why I train for strength.

B. Hank doesn't seem to get that. And he is just incredibly negative and insulting.

That’s a lot of dumb bullshit, typed through a lot of salty tears.

Everything bhank said about your lifting form was correct.

You lift like shit, you look like shit.

AND YOU HAVE TITS!

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2022, 11:43:50 AM »

That is actually two reps as a rep is down and up and you struggled and they are ugly as hell with elbows and dumbells bent all over gods creation twitchign and shaking about to drop a dumbell on your face. Yet you will then insist you can get 10-12 proper reps with the same weight. You can't even get 2 decent reps with that weight. You have average strength at best and there is no such thing as a 70 kilo strongman

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2022, 11:53:21 AM »

B. Hank is just very insulting, I find.

Matt, do you think Hankins might be secretly a Jew?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2022, 11:59:09 AM »
Matt is strong.

Thank you, IroNat!

But as you know, I was very personally insulting to B. Hank in response to his negative comments, and that's when I realized that the negativity was getting to me. And with training going so well right now, I just didn't need the distractions.

This is a sample of what I said to B. Hank on this thread:

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2022, 12:07:45 PM »
Bhank is shitkicking tiny TITTY BOY MATT CANNING.

But 165 lb weakling Matt Canning just isn’t smart enough to take good advice from people who know more than he does (basically everyone).

Hanky is polishing his “rusty fender” with TITTY BOY MATT CANNING’S favorite size medium t-shirt.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2022, 12:16:31 PM »
Welcome back you pair of drama queens

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2022, 12:18:09 PM »

And this 250-lb bench press for 18 reps is with loose form too:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CeldRFRAoOS/

Bounced reps, back arched like a rainbow, butt flying off the bench...

But guess what - IT'S 250 POUNDS FOR 18 REPS, WEIGHING 170-LB.

Then I did it here for 14 reps with much cleaner form - obviously not contest fom, but WHO DOES THAT? Gosh...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiuLWYYO4mR/

The point is, my pressing is strong, even if my reps aren't perfect.

I DO NOT do ultra slow reps with a full pause after each rep.

I lift like I do in my videos, and IF I was going to clean up my overhead press form a little, I would straighten up my wrists, and go down maybe 2-3" lower.

Which would maybe result in me get 2-3 fewer reps.

BIG DEAL.

If your point is that I can only get five reps with the 100's instead of 7-9 reps with my current form, then BIG DEAL.

It really doesn't change much.

The videos give a perfectly good idea of my strength.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2022, 12:23:24 PM »

Your wrists are what's messing up your form. It's an easy fix.

When you lift your knuckles are facing towards the camera. They should be facing upwards towards the ceiling. Keep your wrists straight and your form will fall into the perfectly acceptable range.

You do it on your bench press too. It's actually impressive you lift like that as you'd be able to lift more with straight wrists

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2022, 12:28:28 PM »
That is actually two reps as a rep is down and up

LMAO!!

So to you, one rep for the seated overhead press requires PRESSING IT UP, lowering the weight down, and PRESSING IT UP a second time?

Ok, let me rephrase that:

I PRESSED the 100-lb dumbbells THREE TIMES with a CLEAR PAUSE before each rep.

and you struggled and they are ugly as hell with elbows and dumbells bent all over gods creation twitchign and shaking about to drop a dumbell on your face. Yet you will then insist you can get 10-12 proper reps with the same weight. You can't even get 2 decent reps with that weight.

Wait - pressing 100-lb dumbbells with a full pause between reps is ugly, and I struggled?

WOW!!!

Incredible! I did a lift that 99.9% of people can't do and I struggled! Incredible observation! Lifting extremely heavy weight is difficult. Who knew?

Also, I never claimed 10-12 reps. I do 7-9 right now, and would still do 4-5-6 if I cleaned up my form.

You have average strength at best and there is no such thing as a 70 kilo strongman

They actually have studies on this, and my pressing is in the tip 0.1% in North America. It's not "average", you dumb fuck, and I'm stronger than you are.

As for 80kg Strongman not existing...yet you compete in 40-44 Master's bodybuilding.

Also, you're bald. How are you enjoying that?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2022, 12:29:35 PM »
Your wrists are what's messing up your form. It's an easy fix.

When you lift your knuckles are facing towards the camera. They should be facing upwards towards the ceiling. Keep your wrists straight and your form will fall into the perfectly acceptable range.

You do it on your bench press too. It's actually impressive you lift like that as you'd be able to lift more with straight wrists

Thanks Flexacon.

It does seem like an easy fix.

I suppose this form is in my muscle memory now, as Strongman contests are not very refined for form.

But I can fix it.

Thanks again.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2022, 12:34:57 PM »
LMAO!!

So to you, one rep for the seated overhead press requires PRESSING IT UP, lowering the weight down, and PRESSING IT UP a second time?

Ok, let me rephrase that:

I PRESSED the 100-lb dumbbells THREE TIMES with a CLEAR PAUSE before each rep.

Wait - pressing 100-lb dumbbells with a full pause between reps is ugly, and I struggled?

WOW!!!

Incredible! I did a lift that 99.9% of people can't do and I struggled! Incredible observation! Lifting extremely heavy weight is difficult. Who knew?

Also, I never claimed 10-12 reps. I do 7-9 right now, and would still do 4-5-6 if I cleaned up my form.

They actually have studies on this, and my pressing is in the tip 0.1% in North America. It's not "average", you dumb fuck, and I'm stronger than you are.

As for 80kg Strongman not existing...yet you compete in 40-44 Master's bodybuilding.

Also, you're bald. How are you enjoying that?

No you do 2.5 right now with bad form

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2022, 12:35:09 PM »
Thanks Flexacon.

It does seem like an easy fix.

I suppose this form is in my muscle memory now, as Strongman contests are not very refined for form.

But I can fix it.

Thanks again.

You're the first one

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2022, 12:36:35 PM »
Matt, do you think Hankins might be secretly a Jew?

Hm. No, I won't think so.

I was going to start a thread asking him why he takes so much flak on here. But I can ask about that here.

I can only speak for myself: I find him very insulting. Is that the problem others have with him?

What did he do to get so many people speaking negatively about him? Does he insult other people too?

For example, how did joswift's beef with B. Hank develop?

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2022, 12:39:14 PM »
Did he tear his other bicep? The good one?

That sucks but its also funny as hell.

Afterall everyone told him he was going to injure himself ego-lifting and his response was some bullshit about being able to control his physiology.

At least he's finally got a peak on his biceps.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2022, 12:39:27 PM »
No you do 2.5 right now with bad form

A full pause is what you call "bad form"?:

Dude, you are a fucking moron. My reps are fine. They are not PERFECT - but they are perfectly fine.

Also, you said I couldn't bench press 120-lb dumbbells, lmao.

Swipe left:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiuLWYYO4mR/

Three reps with a FULL PAUSE, and with full range of motion.

AND that was the last set of my workout, which was heavy as you can see from the previous two videos at that link.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2022, 12:40:36 PM »
bhanks correcting Matts form whilst nursing a torn bicep.... :-\

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2022, 12:43:37 PM »
You're the first one

Thanks Flexacon. I'll keep this in mind.

And yes, you're right- you'd think if anything, cleaning that up would actually improve my lifts. So there's no reason not to address it.

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2022, 12:44:01 PM »

I actually agree with half truth Hankins here. Matt’s form is absolute dog shit his body fat is well over 18%

Matt, have you ever thought about reducing the weight and perfecting your form? Look at B Hanks.

He couldn’t squat 315. So now he is practising with 135. When they anadrol  kicks in and he will be able to do 185 for real reps .

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2022, 12:46:03 PM »
bhanks correcting Matts form whilst nursing a torn bicep.... :-\
That he tore while squatting...
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2022, 12:46:19 PM »
Hm. No, I won't think so.

I was going to start a thread asking him why he takes so much flak on here. But I can ask about that here.

I can only speak for myself: I find him very insulting. Is that the problem others have with him?

What did he do to get so many people speaking negatively about him? Does he insult other people too?

For example, how did joswift's beef with B. Hank develop?

Bhanky mostly insults people only after they have insulted him first.

There are 2 exceptions. One was Coach, which I think was politics related. The other was you and your form.

I don't think him insulting you was personal, just him giving you a critique. You need to grow some thicker skin. Bhanky might even genuinely like/care for you. The time you where making those weird incel posts on insta, Bhanky actually wanted to try get you help.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2022, 12:48:34 PM »
Bhanky mostly insults people only after they have insulted him first.

There are 2 exceptions. One was Coach, which I think was politics related. The other was you and your form.

I don't think him insulting you was personal, just him giving you a critique. You need to grow some thicker skin. Bhanky might even genuinely like/care for you. The time you where making those weird incel posts on insta, Bhanky actually wanted to try get you help by sleeping with you.

fixed