Author Topic: personalities no longer needed in the "industry "  (Read 3902 times)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
personalities no longer needed in the "industry "
« on: January 04, 2023, 06:21:04 AM »
During the Olympia prejudging at Rx muscle ; Kamaly had the nerve to say Ramy was winning... and ;  when Palumbo said that he feared that Big Ramy was looking to place 5th or 6th both Kamaly and John Natural O" laughed at him...

I don't know why Palumbo keeps bringing Tamaly to his channel , the guy is not relevant, (never was ) doesn't have any info of value at this point , always off.....  and only brags that he has "haters"

Mike O'hearn ' the reason I stopped watching Generation I channel ......  I know this industry is a charade, but Mike is the biggest  fraud to say the least .

2023 needs some serious cleaning

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH    LE VRO NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEE

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Re: faces no longer needed in the "industry "
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 06:41:18 AM »
Kamali has a great personality. He is one of the few bodybuilding people that has charisma. The bodybuilding world needs him.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 06:46:37 AM »
Kamali has a great personality. He is one of the few bodybuilding people that has charisma. The bodybuilding world needs him.

He is a douche bag ....  a sad excuse of a Guru'/coach

With those half dead eyes' Looks like a koala with diarrhea .

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  O thany

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2023, 06:52:23 AM »
During the Olympia prejudging at Rx muscle ; Kamaly had the nerve to say Ramy was winning... and ;  when Palumbo said that he feared that Big Ramy was looking to place 5th or 6th both Kamaly and John Natural O" laughed at him...

I don't know why Palumbo keeps bringing Tamaly to his channel , the guy is not relevant, (never was ) doesn't have any info of value at this point , always off.....  and only brags that he has "haters"

Mike O'hearn ' the reason I stopped watching Generation I channel ......  I know this industry is a charade, but Mike is the biggest  fraud to say the least .

2023 needs some serious cleaning

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH    LE VRO NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEE

these videos are getting 10k views meanwhile Nick's Strength and Power is getting like 2-300k views.  no one is watching these losers, this is a problem that's corrected itself

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2023, 07:00:16 AM »
these videos are getting 10k views meanwhile Nick's Strength and Power is getting like 2-300k views.  no one is watching these losers, this is a problem that's corrected itself

Nick is boring. He collects bodybuilding trading cards. Enough said.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2023, 07:47:30 AM »
I’m sure that Howard Cosell and Vin Scully wanted to come back to life and be commentators for the 2022 Mr Olympia contest.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2023, 07:58:51 AM »

RX muscle shows are like two hours long. There's always some headline to the thread that is totally irrelevant such as : I TOOK MY PANTS OFF AND SHE SLAPPED ME! with a picture of lee priest laughing... Then theres about 45 mins of dave gossiping and joking and plugging worthless supplements  yada yada yada... who gives a fuck?

Nick doesn't seem to know a whole lot about bodybuilding but his videos are short , clear and to the point and fairly relevant to the average bodybuilding fan. Such as : are physique competitors underpaid.   I don't really care but its mildly interesting and only a 10 minute video.

sway

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2023, 08:22:53 AM »
Anything on RXmuscle is unwatchable to me. Old men talking about the old days and how things were different and how everyone looked better. Romano is awful, still telling old Muscular Development stories in his beanie hat 365 days a year. Palumbo won’t even leave his house to attend a single show or expo, yet still acts like an all knowing expert. And the old guys show with Jimmy the Bull are embarrassing.
Ron Harris and what he does for MD is embarrassing too. Sideways camera angles, hand held phone interviews at shows, backgrounds hung up with thumb tacks at home for podcasts/interviews.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2023, 08:28:16 AM »
Well...Whaddaya know...I thought the title said "feces  no longer needed in the sindustry".

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2023, 08:36:16 AM »
Nick and the tough guy fake NY mobster accent Johnny Bravo both suck.....can`t watch for more than a minute without wanting to gouge out my eyes.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2023, 09:14:26 AM »
NSP isn't all that enjoyable, bur the videos are short and well defined. I can fast forward to where I want fast, and be gone in 2-3 minutes.

Putting aside my dislike of Trigili, he just has too much filler. He could be 1/2 as long, still plug his stuff, and be fine. He's not funny enough to rehash things 2-3 times in an episode.

Johnny Bravo is fine, but again too long, and I hate the bad "film noir" schtick.

I actually like Palumbo and crew, but he's been letting the shows get too big. 5-6 guys all trying to get their thing in. Palumbo works best when it's him and 2-3 people extra. And I like the old stories, but I also respect that they're 50-70 years old at this point, so you're not going to get a constant flow of new and interesting.

------------------------------------------

Also, bodybuilding has itself gotten boring. There is no Titus, Kamali, Arnold, etc..... to keep it interesting.

The loss of Meccas, like Gold's Venice, etc..... really hurt body building. Now guys can train in a podunk gym, post it to a social media they control, and be done with it.

With something like Gold's, you had all these guys together, so you had a constant flow of raw stories. Neece, Duchaine, Zulak, etc.... were either there or had their rats that would give them stories. Later, guys would hop on Misc.Fitness.Weights, Getbig, or Muscle Mayhem, drop stories that couldn't be edited.

All that's gone, we get interesting stuff at a snail's pace.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2023, 09:21:00 AM »
NSP isn't all that enjoyable, bur the videos are short and well defined. I can fast forward to where I want fast, and be gone in 2-3 minutes.

Putting aside my dislike of Trigili, he just has too much filler. He could be 1/2 as long, still plug his stuff, and be fine. He's not funny enough to rehash things 2-3 times in an episode.

Johnny Bravo is fine, but again too long, and I hate the bad "film noir" schtick.

I actually like Palumbo and crew, but he's been letting the shows get too big. 5-6 guys all trying to get their thing in. Palumbo works best when it's him and 2-3 people extra. And I like the old stories, but I also respect that they're 50-70 years old at this point, so you're not going to get a constant flow of new and interesting.

------------------------------------------

Also, bodybuilding has itself gotten boring. There is no Titus, Kamali, Arnold, etc..... to keep it interesting.

The loss of Meccas, like Gold's Venice, etc..... really hurt body building. Now guys can train in a podunk gym, post it to a social media they control, and be done with it.

With something like Gold's, you had all these guys together, so you had a constant flow of raw stories. Neece, Duchaine, Zulak, etc.... were either there or had their rats that would give them stories. Later, guys would hop on Misc.Fitness.Weights, Getbig, or Muscle Mayhem, drop stories that couldn't be edited.

All that's gone, we get interesting stuff at a snail's pace.

I cannot fathom why, let alone HOW, anyone can endure watching some  rutting buttfuckee talk about his meal prep and how much/how often he eats.  Talk about being a SFB Maroon?!

I hope they continue to drop dead.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2023, 09:40:39 AM »
I cannot fathom why, let alone HOW, anyone can endure watching some  rutting buttfuckee talk about his meal prep and how much/how often he eats. 

Like pulling  teeth. Some guy standing there looking like a deer in the headlights explaining that he uses a little bit of sauce on his chicken.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2023, 10:41:20 AM »
Well...Whaddaya know...I thought the title said "feces  no longer needed in the sindustry".

IT'S ONLY SMELLS!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2023, 12:03:19 PM »
Bodybuilding needs a couple of personalities that are not bodybuilders that have the ability to properly assess a physique, exude charisma, entertaining, and intelligent. A Howard Cosell of bodybuilding. Someone that can take the boring and mundane within bodybuilding and captivate an audience like they discovered fire. They should be independent of any organizations such as NPC and IFBB.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2023, 12:07:56 PM »
Nick and the tough guy fake NY mobster accent Johnny Bravo both suck.....can`t watch for more than a minute without wanting to gouge out my eyes.

Jon Bravo is hilarious without being hilarious. The accent, facial expressions. He's a pretty funny guy.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2023, 12:19:45 PM »
Bodybuilding needs a couple of personalities that are not bodybuilders that have the ability to properly assess a physique, exude charisma, entertaining, and intelligent. A Howard Cosell of bodybuilding. Someone that can take the boring and mundane within bodybuilding and captivate an audience like they discovered fire. They should be independent of any organizations such as NPC and IFBB.

Bodybuilders always have a meltdown when a non bodybuilder critiques their physique and god forbid has something negative to say about it.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2023, 12:24:02 PM »
Bodybuilders always have a meltdown when a non bodybuilder critiques their physique and god forbid has something negative to say about it.

100% They have to be witty without being offensive.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2023, 12:31:10 PM »
100% They have to be witty without being offensive.

Peter McGough did a decent job in in his time, but I think he might have had to deal with death threats for some of the things he said (might have been Giles who had the deaths threats)

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2023, 12:56:09 PM »
He's a nerd who definitely got stuffed into many a locker in high school. He know more about Pokémon than bb.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2023, 12:57:16 PM »
Jon Bravo is hilarious without being hilarious. The accent, facial expressions. He's a pretty funny guy.
He's very good at the production of his videos too

Dalnet

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2023, 01:06:16 PM »
RX muscle shows are like two hours long. There's always some headline to the thread that is totally irrelevant such as : I TOOK MY PANTS OFF AND SHE SLAPPED ME! with a picture of lee priest laughing... Then theres about 45 mins of dave gossiping and joking and plugging worthless supplements  yada yada yada... who gives a fuck?

Nick doesn't seem to know a whole lot about bodybuilding but his videos are short , clear and to the point and fairly relevant to the average bodybuilding fan. Such as : are physique competitors underpaid.   I don't really care but its mildly interesting and only a 10 minute video.

Valid points and there's no way I'd be up for watching/listening to 1-2 hour videos on a bodybuilding podcast. A decent film or a documentary, sure. But to stay focused for that long is just not me; and like you said: not many others would have that level of patience. I don't particularly like Nick but what you see is what you get when it comes to the title, length of video and general transcript. He's definitely no expert. I prefer him to Nick Dick Trigili though

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2023, 02:19:44 PM »

LOL  that's right LMAO    Johnny Bravo trying so hard to look Sexy/tough at all times ......and Palumbo jealous of his amazing hair"  lmao

And No one dares to mention Palumboism

WooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2023, 02:23:24 PM »
He's a nerd who definitely got stuffed into many a locker in high school. He know more about Pokémon than bb.

He even has a Pokemon channel  lol 

Shit That makes me feel so old

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2023, 02:34:52 PM »
Dude,he hangs out with Genova! LOL  :D

I guess he`s tolerable but the mobster accent seems like put on.

To each his own my friend.....personally,I watch hardly any podcasts,and if I do,I can very seldomn watch to the finish because to me,pro  bodybuilding is in the shitter.