Author Topic: 225 squat for “15” reps: an investigation  (Read 3491 times)

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
Re: 225 squat for “15” reps: an investigation
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2023, 06:04:48 PM »
His legs aren't small because he doesn't go ass to grass.  His legs are small because he obviously only trains legs even slightly seriously when someone challenges him on the internet.  I personally find ass to grass possibly easier than parallel because I can use the back of my legs as a momentum killer as well as something to lean against to generate the lifting force - it was quite an imposition when I realised I didn't have that, doing parallel.

Bhanks, I challenge you to do that challenge once a week and push more reps every week.  I'm confident you can get say, 17 (15) next week.

Also, I encourage the rest of you to revel in the knowledge that it doesn't matter much weight you load up on a bar, you can always get 2 bhanksian repetitions ;D

Let me get this straight, are you saying that if I load up 405 on the bar then I squat "405 x 2" and could post a video of that as proof?

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2023, 06:06:43 PM »
Let me get this straight, are you saying that if I load up 405 on the bar then I squat "405 x 2" and could post a video of that as proof?

As long as you document that the bar is loaded, you've already achieved 2 bhanksian repetitions.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2023, 06:10:33 PM »
Compelling theory by rocket

Let’sGoBrandon

• Getbig II
  • I think I shit myself?
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2023, 06:58:42 PM »

# of Bhanksian Reps = # of Real Reps + 2

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2023, 08:13:08 PM »
# of Bhanksian Reps = # of Real Reps + 2CPR (where CPR refers to Certificate of Participation Reps)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2023, 12:18:46 AM »
Brian calls himself a powerlifter now.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA  ;D

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2023, 02:10:16 AM »
Brian calls himself a powerlifter now.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA  ;D

I do find that one funny. PL = Bench, SQ, DL.    /discussion   :D

Brian, strict curl is an "odd lift".
Just as the Press isnt "Olympic Weightlifting". It was dropped after the 1972 Olympics.
All it is now is a "gym lift".  Same thing...

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2023, 02:45:28 AM »

Just as the Press isnt "Olympic Weightlifting". It was dropped after the 1972 Olympics.
See me and you know all that old stuff....I told Brian almost exactly what you just posted and the idiot insists on calling a fucking curling contest a powerlifting meet.

I did a quite a few odd-lifts contests back in the day at the Springfield YMCA and at Mountain Park in Holyoke put on by Ed Jubinville.....I also was a powerlifter in the AAU.....THEY ARE NOT QUITE THE SAME BRIAN,TO SAY THE VERY LEAST....he has no clue at all and has been training for decades.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2023, 03:23:29 AM »
You guys have typed quite a lot there, have 2 bhanksian reps at 700lbs squat as an appreciation of your tireless effort

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2023, 03:45:34 AM »
You guys have typed quite a lot there, have 2 bhanksian reps at 700lbs squat as an appreciation of your tireless effort
Thank you kind sir.  ;D

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2023, 05:32:08 AM »

I did 225 x 15 this AM. Real reps. A real 15. I am not 'in shape' but completed it easily. (Of course a bit winded after it, but strength-wise it was pretty easy).
Brian always says he's the only one "in shape" but cannot complete 15 because its "cardio". So that equals "not in shape".

BB condition, and being "in shape" are 2 different worlds. BB's are at their most "unfit" when they are in their best "condition" at contest time.
A known fact...
A resting heart-rate of 100, is not by any means a sign of someone with a cardiovascular system that's "in shape".

Though its high-end of normal, its far from "in-shape:.

The average resting heart rate is between 60 and 100, he says.
The more fit you are, the lower your resting heart rate; for very fit people, it's in the range of 40 to 50 beats per minute.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2023, 05:39:02 AM »
I did 225 x 15 this AM. Real reps. A real 15. I am not 'in shape' but completed it easily. (Of course a bit winded after it, but strength-wise it was pretty easy).
Brian always says he's the only one "in shape" but cannot complete 15 because its "cardio". So that equals "not in shape".

BB condition, and being "in shape" are 2 different worlds. BB's are at their most "unfit" when they are in their best "condition" at contest time.
A known fact...
A resting heart-rate of 100, is not by any means a sign of someone with a cardiovascular system that's "in shape".

The more fit you are, the lower your resting heart rate; for very fit people, it's in the range of 40 to 50 beats per minute.

Exactly....not so hard to count to 15 was it?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2023, 05:45:21 AM »

A known fact...

Im usually at 47 -50

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2023, 06:14:50 AM »
Im usually at 47 -50

I'm not too bad for a geezer who never cared for cardio. (But liking it more these days).
Blood pressure is perfect 120/70 (ish), and restating heart rate is between 60-65.

I say that about cardio, but I love the 1-hour walks with the dogs over the last 15 yrs, I'm sure it helped some.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2023, 06:16:01 AM »
Exactly....not so hard to count to 15 was it?

Krank, I tell ya, I dont know how I did it, but counting to 15, whew... A chore...

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2023, 06:18:31 AM »
My resting HR has ranged from 48-59 over the last month according to my Apple Watch (nh).

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2023, 06:19:16 AM »

A known fact...

Excellent work!  Lying Bhanks has lied in the last 24 hours that he could do 225 x 15, but I'm sure he'll ask you for a video.  He really wants others to post videos like him, weird.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2023, 06:20:29 AM »

Funny I have found multiple powerlifting organizations sanctioning and recognizing powerlifting records in the strict curl

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2023, 06:21:51 AM »

A known fact...

For fuck sake I can complete 15 reps I was sick at snowshoe coming off a cold and vaping heavy due to the headache

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2023, 06:23:24 AM »
Excellent work!  Lying Bhanks has lied in the last 24 hours that he could do 225 x 15, but I'm sure he'll ask you for a video.  He really wants others to post videos like him, weird.

Thx, Yeah, difference is most people don't care if someone believes them or not.
Brian has to post a pic or video about everything. "OK GetBig here's my neck".

Brian needs to realize he's being trolled and played like a fiddle. He falls for it each and every time...
Brian, Ive said this many times, I dont 'dislike' you, but you are your own worst enemy...

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2023, 06:23:58 AM »
For fuck sake I can complete 15 reps I was sick at snowshoe coming off a cold and vaping heavy due to the headache

Drop the vapes... Do the gummies... Much better.

Let’sGoBrandon

• Getbig II
  • I think I shit myself?
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2023, 08:02:19 AM »
See me and you know all that old stuff....I told Brian almost exactly what you just posted and the idiot insists on calling a fucking curling contest a powerlifting meet.

I did a quite a few odd-lifts contests back in the day at the Springfield YMCA and at Mountain Park in Holyoke put on by Ed Jubinville.....I also was a powerlifter in the AAU.....THEY ARE NOT QUITE THE SAME BRIAN,TO SAY THE VERY LEAST....he has no clue at all and has been training for decades.

Oh for fucks sake, no one cares, you old fool. Get over yourself, you’re a “never was”. Don’t you have 40 other threads to chase bhank around in and yap at? Holy shit your tall tales wreak of small man syndrome.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2023, 08:20:54 AM »
Oh for fucks sake, no one cares, you old fool. Get over yourself, you’re a “never was”. Don’t you have 40 other threads to chase bhank around in and yap at? Holy shit your tall tales wreak of small man syndrome.
OK thanks for your input "Epic Is An Epic Asshole".....I`ll post anything I want,anywhere I want until you change your name from fuckheaded drunken divorced loser to Ron Avidan.

You soft, pasty white,ginger headed, puffy, lonely, chronic masterbating, bitchmade twat!

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2023, 08:29:55 AM »
It's actually impressive how you have an excuse for everything. Every. Single. Time. The new vaping excuse is a good one. Like you not having the willpower to quit vaping is somehow an excuse

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2023, 08:31:18 AM »
It's actually impressive how you have an excuse for everything. Every. Single. Time

This vaping thing is really something.  What a horrible habit for someone who claims to be in shape.