Author Topic: who thought bob chic should have won the masters  (Read 7311 times)

BrooklynBB

• Getbig II
  • An Impala with the Top Chopped Off...
Re: who thought bob chic should have won the masters
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2006, 05:33:24 PM »
who thought bob chic swept the masters

The better question is who cares about the Master's olympia?  Bob won because he had zero competition. 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2006, 06:19:40 PM »
I don't like the whole judging system as it has been used for the last 10-15 years....

I've written articles about this many times...there are no "true" rounds as it should be.

Every round is judged as a "combination" round...The symmetry round isn't really about who has the best symmetry...it's about who has thee beest symmetry, COMBINED with muscularity,etc

Ditto for the muscularity round...it's not judged on who is the moost muscular, but whose the most muscular AND has the best symmetry, etc.....

Same goes for the posing round...

In this context...I believe I won the rounds fair and square, as I believe (and so did the judges) that OVERALL I had the best combo of each round.

That being said..I still by the notion that this form of judging sucks, and we need to find a beter system. The NPC system is fairer, and doeesn't use the bogus "rounds" to make things more confusing...

OakExpress

• Getbig II
  • Amateur Natural Bodybuilder
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2006, 10:48:45 AM »
I wasn't there but I carefully watched and rewatched the videos.  From my perspective, Bob was the most complete bodybuilder on stage.  I really liked the way that he presented his physique -- it came across practiced and professional.  I did like Rusty's physique, but personally, I think if you put the two side by side that Bob's muscularity/size would have overwhelmed Rusty.  Looking at the score sheets you can see clearly that the judges were in agreement.  I'd like to believe that they were honest in their appraisals.
Romans 1:20

will938

• Getbig III
  • No Bull!
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2006, 02:18:00 AM »
Yes, I think he deserved the win. To say he won because he was the biggest name?? ridiculous! you could argue that Pavol and Claude are bigger names in the BB world.
Team Efferding

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2006, 06:18:30 PM »
I agree with Bob winning. I disagree with places 2-6. The thing troubles me is that I still think we've didn't see the best Bob that he's capable of being.   
and keep moving!

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2006, 08:29:07 PM »
Bob deserved to win the show...put it to rest guys..
JM

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2006, 01:22:50 PM »
Bob imop easily won the show...it wasn't really close...Classic X-frame...And doesn't have the "all drug look" like everyone else in the top 5