Author Topic: 2006 IFBB PITTSBURGH PRO FIGURE LINEUP  (Read 6893 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
2006 IFBB PITTSBURGH PRO FIGURE LINEUP
« on: April 27, 2006, 09:40:20 AM »
As of April 27th...
-Alejandra Abdala
-Barbara Engelsmann
-Danielle Hollenshade
-Jenny Lynn
-Inga Neverauskaite
-Lisbeth Halikka
-Natasha Brown
-Carina Dupree
-Martha Lombardo
-Christine Wan
-Sherrie Salvadori
-Karen Zaremba
-Michelle Flake
-Tara Scotti
-Zena Collins
-Cathy LeFrancois
-Pauline Nordin
-Jessica Paxson
-Latisha Wilder
-Marcy Porter
-Julie Lohre
-Petra Mertl
-Aida Aragon
-Melissa Frabbiele
Elevate Your Image.™

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
Re: 2006 IFBB PITTSBURGH PRO FIGURE LINEUP
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 12:29:38 PM »
What info are you looking for Fitness Fan?
Elevate Your Image.™

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 07:39:28 AM »
There will be many of the top bodybuilders there from my understanding... Jay, Ronnie, Gustavo, Gunter, etc. As far as fitness/figure not sure who will be in attendance. I don't have any further info or I'd put it out here. My top 10 predictions...

1. Jenny Lynn
2. Latisha Wilder
3. Tara Scotti
4. Michelle Flake
5. Christine Wan
6. Danielle Hollenshade
7. Zena Collins
8. Melissa Frabbiele
9. Karen Zaremba
10. Julie Lohre

Any one else care to place their predictions....? Yes, I am pulling these out of my ass and the top 10 could be switched around any number of ways.
Elevate Your Image.™

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 10:34:30 AM »
I would like to see Inga Neverauskaite place in the top ten, but she'll likely lose out in the name-game.
Lee

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 12:21:35 PM »
Wanna wish my gal good luck and hope for a great placing.  I know you've worked very hard in your prep for this one...I know you're gonna surprise everyone who saw you at San Fran earlier this year. 

I think you've nailed all of the goals you set since that competition.  I am very proud of you and know you're at your personal best! 

Love ya girl!

Rick

PS - Thomas said good luck too! 

Mavis T.

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig Pro
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 06:37:54 PM »
Spoke to Christine Wan a little while ago - prejudging is over.
First call out was:

Jenny L.
Latisha W.
Zena C.
Jessica P.
Tara S.

Jenny was put back in the line, and Chris Wan was called out.  Then Latisha and Tara were put back in the line, and replaced.
mavistozzi.com

KGM

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2006, 01:49:59 AM »
Hey guys,

Here Terry's assessment of the pre-judging from our real time blog on Bodysport.  It will continue Saturday evening @6:30.  It appears the "look" of figure is being reeled in a bit which should be much better for the sport and the competitors. 

Kevin

http://bodysport.com/contests.html

Pittsburgh Pro Figure Show :: 29 Entries - 1 Pages 

Result Pages: 1 
Real Time Contest Coverage
Friday May 5, 2006 8:43 PM

After Pre-Judging (Terry Goodlad)

There were 24 girls in this lineup and the most significant observation tonight was that everyone barring one or two came much softer into this show. Not fat or out of shape, just softer and not as dried out. Jim Manion even commented that he was pleased and it looked much better. The judges seemed to be going more for shape and overall package more than hardness or muscle which is a welcome change as figure has been simply getting out of hand and losing its appeal. Not tonight, there were some very attractive looking athletes on stage and the show was very pleasant to watch but not so easy to judge.

Jenny Lynn is unbeatable in this lineup with her genetic lines, perfect balance, and overall presentation, she is in a class of her own and should not really be in this show but after missing the Arnold due to severe illness she needed to make up a couple shows for contractual reasons so she is here and will be in Denver next weekend. Jenny was very agressive with her food intake before the show and she was a little smoother than she was earlier this week but it won't hurt her one bit in this contest. This is a good show to experiment with different things and have more ammunition for the Olympia this fall.

Latisha Wilder presented her best overall package so far at this show. She was slightly softer and it looked infinately better on her as she carries a lot of muscle. She could chose a different cut for her one piece that would make her body look more flowing and sexy and less blocky but outside of that she was absolutely perfect. Her face, hair, skin, we are all outstanding. Her body is always incredible. If she does get second behind Jenny tomorrow, it will only be genetics as Latisha did everything she could for this show. Latisha should get second but of course thats just one opinion and who knows how this panel of judges will see it.

The rest of the first 5 or 6 called out look great. Zena is not her absolute best but she is much improved since her last show which was in Dallas last year. Jessica Paxson made some good improvements since turning pro last year, very pretty girl as well and that never hurts. Pauline Nordine looks better this show and Tara Scotti is much softer and less muscle and it suits her far better than the high level of muscle and conditioning she was so well known for before. This looks very good on her.

The trend this year so far has been to reward a softer and less muscular look so hopefully everyone catches on and endeavors to keep it appealing and under control. Its not bodybuilding, its figure and hopefully will remain that way. The judges of course play a huge role in determining the course of the sport but in Charlotte last weekend and here so far this weekend it looks like they are serious about bringing things back under control.

Come back tomorrow night for the final results.

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2006, 03:18:34 AM »
nice to see that they are reeling it back... I am hoping this will be a consistant change.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 08:44:08 AM »
I would like to see Inga Neverauskaite place in the top ten, but she'll likely lose out in the name-game.

She's one of the most beautiful women in the business. 

She's Val-esque in that regard. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006, 08:45:46 AM »

Nice to see an actual report from the field as opposed to that 'hush job' from New York. 

:P

Shannon_Meteraud

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2006, 11:31:00 AM »
Tre and JKD- Inga has been staying with us for the past week so that she doesn't have to pay to stay in a hotel while competing in the states.  I agree she is absolutely beautiful.  She is also very beautiful on the inside.  She is very modest and somewhat shy.  She's a hard worker and very dedicated to her training.  I just hope it all pays off for her.  Last night she got called out in the first call out in the 2 pc --so it looks like things are moving up for her.  She'll also be competing in Colorado and then she goes back home. 

Good luck to all the girls tonight!

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2006, 12:41:35 PM »
Julie has a few photos on her blog from the show....
Link...
http://julielohre.blogspot.com

Rick
www.lohrecreative.com

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2006, 12:44:35 PM »
BTW, Julie was in second set of callouts and is really in great shape. 
She definitely came in her best ever...great job babe.  I know you nailed everything you set out to for this show.  Was hoping for better callouts but hey, you know how it goes.
Love you!
Rick

Lisa

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Fit Happens
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2006, 01:17:34 PM »
Wow Rick....Julie looks amazing.  Way to go girl!

Shannon??  How's that little belly doing??

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2006, 01:42:10 PM »
Hello all...Julie and I have posted pics from the show on Julie's site...links at top right hand side of page.

http://www.julielohre.com

Both pics from the Friday and Saturday nite shows...A few of the NPC Figure overall as well. 

Enjoy!

Lisa, Thanks, I'm very proud of Julie!  Missed you and Jason this year, that's OK just more chocolate cake for Julie : )  LOL.  Anyhow how's the new little one?  Your daughter must be getting big too.  Tell Jason I said hello!

Rick Lohre
http://www.lohrecreative.com

PS - A shameless plug on the new portfolio pics I did for Julie at Fitness Warehouse while we were in Pitt.  Scroll down the page on my site and check 'em out!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2006, 04:36:21 PM »
Give us the real scoop on the show, Rick...I know you won't B.S. your readers!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2006, 04:38:03 PM »
Tre and JKD- Inga has been staying with us for the past week so that she doesn't have to pay to stay in a hotel while competing in the states.  I agree she is absolutely beautiful.  She is also very beautiful on the inside.  She is very modest and somewhat shy.  She's a hard worker and very dedicated to her training.  I just hope it all pays off for her.  Last night she got called out in the first call out in the 2 pc --so it looks like things are moving up for her.  She'll also be competing in Colorado and then she goes back home. 

Good luck to all the girls tonight!

That's so awesome of you guys, Shannon!!  That's a totally cool gesture on your family's part and I'm certain Inga really appreciates it.

I'll be sure to look her up in CO.  Let me know if she needs a bed...I think my room has two.    ;D 

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2006, 04:56:09 PM »
I don't commentate the shows. 
Terry did do a good play by play on his site http://www.bodysport.com although he did leave out how fantastic Julie looked...just kiddin' Terry : )
Julie also posted a few blogs while we were there that have a few more photos.  http://www.julielohre.blogspot.com
I am very proud of my gal and that's all I have to say.  What do they say about a picture....
Rick
www.LohreCreative.com

Fit Gourmet

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2006, 05:28:59 PM »
Hey Rick, Julie look absolutely stunning!!!. I hope to see the rest of the pictures from the show. However, from what i have seen, they went for a softer, less conditioned look. If I had been a Judge I would have placed Julie in the top 5, based on the Pictures I have seen so far. Hopefully, your wife continues to compete for herself and not for placings. You know as well as all of us that the only thing we have controll of is how we look. The I.F.B.B. decides the placings. I hope Julie, (you set the trend), and don't try to follow behind it!!!!. Please continue to bring in a body you find attractive, and I truly believe eventually the fans will determine the winner, by letting the Judges know who truly has the best physique in the world!!!. As more and more fans voice there opinions and spend more and more MONEY!! on Figure. the organization will respond by placing the athletes accordingly, and all your hard work will be rewarded with an appropriate placing. So, please relax and enjoy!!! the fact that you still have one of the best bodies in the World.

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2006, 10:15:25 AM »
FG,

Many thanks.  I would agree with you of course about Julie... : )
The results would do tend to show that they went for a softer look.  Julie showed up quite a bit better than San Fran.  She set out to fix some things, she wasn't completely satisfied with the package she brought in San Fran.  She nailed them all this time around in Pitt...it's the best she's ever looked. 

You are right, there is nothing you can do about placings.  Do it for yourself and only try to look better than your last show.  This is something I think a lot of competitors struggle with. 

Rick Lohre
www.LohreCreative.com

BTW, How's Alexis?

KGM

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2006, 11:30:35 AM »
Here's some more pics for you.  The girls looked great.  It's obvious to see why Rick is so proud!

http://bodysport.com/contests/pittsburgh%20web/index.htm

Check out Colorado Pro Show coverage starting this evening on our contest page.

Kevin

www.bodysport.com